PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sick of

messageboardsuperhero
02-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Getting ****ed in the ass by officials. I know we don't play smart defense but a 12-4 foul discrepancy? They've shot about 18 free throws to our 5. It's just bullshit and it's been going on all season. Other teams are routinely in the double bonus before we even get one and one. LSU has us outmanned- they don't need any help from the zebras.

mstatefan91
02-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what our team has done to piss the refs off so much, but it is obvious. I'm not saying that we don't foul. I'm just saying that they don't call whoever we're playing the same way. It's a crock of sh*t.

msstate7
02-06-2016, 07:09 PM
If this is the case every game, I blame Howland for not going off on a ref for a tech or getting fined for postgame comments. If our HC won't stand up for us, who will?

messageboardsuperhero
02-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what our team has done to piss the refs off so much, but it is obvious. I'm not saying that we don't foul. I'm just saying that they don't call whoever we're playing the same way. It's a crock of sh*t.

My thoughts exactly. We breathe on someone and it's a foul- Sword or Spoon gets hacked to the basket and it's nothing.

mstatefan91
02-06-2016, 07:10 PM
If this is the case every game, I blame Howland for not going off on a ref for a tech or getting fined for postgame comments. If our HC won't stand up for us, who will?

I think Howland is just trying to get this season over with, and I can't blame him. I'm ready for it to be over too.

msstate7
02-06-2016, 07:11 PM
I think Howland is just trying to get this season over with, and I can't blame him. I'm ready for it to be over too.

Thought about that too. I'm sure he'll go to bat for his team next season if this continues

Commercecomet24
02-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Yeah it's happening every game but don't worry they'll call a few against them the last couple of minutes when it's been decided to make it look more even. It's definitely not being called both ways. Sec always seems to protect the frontrunners.

CadaverDawg
02-06-2016, 07:37 PM
I don't claim to be a basketball guru, but to me it looks like we don't move our feet enough on D. Too easy to blow by, resulting in having to use body or hands and getting fouls called. A large percentage of that is from 3 years of Rick Ray coaching for these Seniors, in addition to the fact that they just aren't that good of players/defenders to begin with.

Combine all of that with the fact that we bite on Every ball fake, and you end up with refs that somewhat anticipate calling fouls on us. It's a result of being poor defensively. Not saying it's fair....but that's my opinion as to why it seems to happen like that so often.

Maybe I'm crazy though.

the59dawg
02-06-2016, 08:06 PM
I don't claim to be a basketball guru, but to me it looks like we don't move our feet enough on D. Too easy to blow by, resulting in having to use body or hands and getting fouls called. A large percentage of that is from 3 years of Rick Ray coaching for these Seniors, in addition to the fact that they just aren't that good of players/defenders to begin with.

Combine all of that with the fact that we bite on Every ball fake, and you end up with refs that somewhat anticipate calling fouls on us. It's a result of being poor defensively. Not saying it's fair....but that's my opinion as to why it seems to happen like that so often.

Maybe I'm crazy though.

Nope you are right on the button. We don't know how to play defense. They can't even play zone. At least zone keeps everybody from fouling out.

JScottDova
02-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Trying to set up that LSU South Carolina game..