PDA

View Full Version : You can tell there is something going on with the Koolio rumor

Coach34
08-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Much like the Brunetti crap back in May, the Rebs have their Fins Up over all this- attacking on SPS and Twitter. That's usually the sure fire way to tell.

When the CJ stuff broke? You couldnt find the cockroaches anywhere.

My guess is that Koolio got his bell rung and is questioning whether or not he wants to keep playing. Freezus has talked to him and Momma and calmed them down to get him back out there. Then he will get his ass knocked off again in the near future and start to fade away. If he is still wearing football gear by next August, I'll be shocked.

Make sure and "Favorite" this too twitter trolls

FlabLoser
08-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Yeah if he can't handle practice, he won't make it.

Todd4State
08-11-2013, 03:02 PM
If he comes back to practice, it's probably because someone wants to get a little bit more out of their investment than a week of practice.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Maybe they're trying to convince him to go Juco for a year so he can give them another recruiting ranking boost next year. You know, the Brassell and Lighins plan.

FlabLoser
08-11-2013, 03:19 PM
If he goes juco, I'd put odds on him coming here - for track and a limited role in fb. He won't quit OM then go back to it for good.

Coach34
08-11-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm sure Momma got reminded that certain things go away if he quits- so you can bet the mindset changed pretty quickly. But that only lasts so long- ask Tobias Manning

MSUDawg4Life
08-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Kailo always seemed mentally and physically fragile to me. It might be best for him to stick with track. Which is what I thought when he was committed to us. Track has been the best bet for him for several years now.

Todd4State
08-11-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm sure Momma got reminded that certain things go away if he quits- so you can bet the mindset changed pretty quickly. But that only lasts so long- ask Tobias Manning

Yep. And in exchange for that, they'll let him play running back and scrap the cornerback thing to keep him happy in the meantime.

Political Hack
08-11-2013, 03:53 PM
there's little doubt he'll be back at RB next week.

The Croom Diaries
08-11-2013, 03:53 PM
I heard last night that CBSSports.com has the goods on the recruitment of CJ and Kalio. Not sure when they are going to release it, but supposedly they've got them dead to right. And supposedly they've let folks know about it, so Kalio not playing may be a preventative measure because they know they've been caught.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 03:58 PM
I heard last night that CBSSports.com has the goods on the recruitment of CJ and Kalio. Not sure when they are going to release it, but supposedly they've got them dead to right. And supposedly they've let folks know about it, so Kalio not playing may be a preventative measure because they know they've been caught.

If true, that says a lot about "rehab" and "concussions".

I've never seen this much smoke around Ole Miss, but at the same time I know better than to expect the fire to break out. Would be great to see Freeze's shenanigans be brought to light, but I ain't holding my breath.

RougeDawg
08-11-2013, 04:17 PM
deal. He also has been informed of the recent "HUD" approach OM has been using in recent recruiting.

Todd4State
08-11-2013, 04:19 PM
If true, that says a lot about "rehab" and "concussions".

I've never seen this much smoke around Ole Miss, but at the same time I know better than to expect the fire to break out. Would be great to see Freeze's shenanigans be brought to light, but I ain't holding my breath.

It doesn't matter to me whether they get burned or not. If they don't get burned, it will put even more heat on our administation to shore up compliance.

If they do get burned, then it will be entertaining for us.

Either way, we win.

Coach34
08-11-2013, 04:23 PM
The funniest part of the recruiting mess to me is them signing a Top 10 class after being a loser program- and then can't understand why people everywhere would question it?

I'll believe they get in trouble when I see it- but I do like them having to put out fires everywhere

FlabLoser
08-11-2013, 04:30 PM
They sure are abuzz. They seem awful active over a bunch of yahoos talking amongst themselves on an MSU-ony message board.

hailmari
08-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Dead Spin are the ones who need to get hold of this story. They're the ones who broke the Manti Teo stuff. They don't even care.

HancockCountyDog
08-11-2013, 04:52 PM

This is great news. When do you think the story breaks?

The Croom Diaries
08-11-2013, 05:33 PM

No idea but I guess as soon as they have found as much info as they think they can get - or they think Veazey is about to beat them to the punch.

I don't know that OM will ever get in much trouble because they have good compliance and the NCAA is incompetent, but I do think enough stuff is going to come out to destroy Freeze's image he keeps portraying to his recruits and fanbase. Auburn didn't get caught either, but their program took a nosedive under similar circumstances. I look for the same to happen here.

Raytoraid83
08-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Kalio tweeted this earlier today, I'm sure it was all his idea.

"@K_Moore5: I'm happy to be apart of the Rebel family.."

Todd4State
08-11-2013, 05:56 PM
No idea but I guess as soon as they have found as much info as they think they can get - or they think Veazey is about to beat them to the punch.

I don't know that OM will ever get in much trouble because they have good compliance and the NCAA is incompetent, but I do think enough stuff is going to come out to destroy Freeze's image he keeps portraying to his recruits and fanbase. Auburn didn't get caught either, but their program took a nosedive under similar circumstances. I look for the same to happen here.

This is another good point that our fans need to remember when they get disappointed that Ole Miss didn't get the death penalty. Even if they "get off"- their image will take a big hit. And it will hurt them in recruiting because the other teams in the SEC are going to make darn sure that it is brought up to their recruits.

Todd4State
08-11-2013, 05:56 PM

Seems sincere.

MSUDawg4Life
08-11-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm sure he is ....

Coach34
08-11-2013, 06:02 PM

If this was just a "stupid Elitedawg rumor"- why would Koolio even need to address it?

All that tweet did was confirm it- especially because 19 kids from the Delta dont make tweets like that normally

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 06:04 PM
If this was just a "stupid Elitedawg rumor"- why would Koolio even need to address it?

All that tweet did was confirm it- especially because 19 kids from the Delta dont make tweets like that normally

Exactly. Either this board is wildly popular among the Ole Miss football team and administration, or there is something to it. We may never know what, but something or someone made him tweet that. It's pretty obvious.

The Croom Diaries
08-11-2013, 06:41 PM
As soon as I post that CBSSports stuff one of them tweets me: https://twitter.com/knef_andrew/status/366676536625074176

I'm sure he'll delete the tweet after he sees this post, but just incredible that those guys read this board so much and it pisses them off so. But this board has all the good info and no Rebel trash to throw water on it with a bunch of BS spin. That CBS info is 100% legit as far as I know and comes from a good source. Jeremy Fowler is behind the story and hopefully he can put it all together just prior to kickoff. Would love to see the Rebel vortex it creates when they get flushed down the pipes.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 06:46 PM
As soon as I post that CBSSports stuff one of them tweets me: https://twitter.com/knef_andrew/status/366676536625074176

I'm sure he'll delete the tweet after he sees this post, but just incredible that those guys read this board so much and it pisses them off so. But this board has all the good info and no Rebel trash to throw water on it with a bunch of BS spin. That CBS info is 100% legit as far as I know and comes from a good source. Jeremy Fowler is behind the story and hopefully he can put it all together just prior to kickoff. Would love to see the Rebel vortex it creates when they get flushed down the pipes.

Well, at least Mr. Andrew Knef has the proper twitter handle...."Same Ole Reb", but there should be a "Shit" after that

Homedawg
08-11-2013, 08:05 PM

Right after auburn hears about Cam.....I have no faith in anything being uncovered. Period. Do they cheat? Hell yea. Does everybody? Hell yea. They just cheat In a way larger scale, don't get caught and don't give a shit. That's why we are pissed. I'd love to be wrong, but after the doug buckles deal, call me skeptical. The are untouchable, or at least it appears that way.

Todd4State
08-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Right after auburn hears about Cam.....I have no faith in anything being uncovered. Period. Do they cheat? Hell yea. Does everybody? Hell yea. They just cheat In a way larger scale, don't get caught and don't give a shit. That's why we are pissed. I'd love to be wrong, but after the doug buckles deal, call me skeptical. The are untouchable, or at least it appears that way.

Why hold onto something that happened over ten years ago? At that time they had Eli, the son of one of the most powerful people in football- college and pro, we had Jackie who was one of the biggest villians in college football history to go along with an administration with absolutely no spine. Oh- and they also didn't piss off half of the SEC by paying off recruits like Tunsil. No one was going to bat for us in 2003. Right now, they have upset a lot of the big boys and we're just sitting on the outside looking in neutral staying out of it.