PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan bolting the plantation.

starkvegasdawg
02-06-2016, 02:53 PM
The first rat off the ship

msstate7
02-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Is he transferring or just quitting football?

Coach34
02-06-2016, 03:03 PM
another 4-star bites the dust. both 4-star QB's now gone from OM.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Pellerin could really put them in a pickle if he bolted as well. I'm sure they are filling him full of hope because, if he bolts, Patterson will have to be the backup next year and that means they'd either have to burn his red shirt or never take Kelly out.

engie
02-06-2016, 03:10 PM

The QB from the following class already bolted -- Doss.

They are down to 3, but all 3 are pretty good options.

Leroy Jenkins
02-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Switchblade and Buchanan gone... MGKs rope just got a lot longer. Dude could burn the plantation to the ground now.

Political Hack
02-06-2016, 03:28 PM
Hugh Freeze couldn't develop a high school QB if you paid him $5 million.

It's funny because it's true.

whosyourdawgy
02-06-2016, 03:29 PM

How the hell he ever got 4 stars is beyond me. His high school stats were not very impressive and he wasn't some elite athlete. I always wondered how he was that highly rated out of high school. Oh well. He served his purpose and boosted the recruiting rankings. And in the process got to live the high life as big man on campus, probably land scores of coeds, and probably found his first wife by now. Why in the hell would he leave? He can hang up his cleats, finish out his scholarship, and not have to work everyday on football. Smart on his part.

Dawg61
02-06-2016, 03:31 PM

I want to add Buchanan to the team. Either as a player or a GA. He has major knowledge of Ole Misses offense and how things work in Blowford.

Really Clark?
02-06-2016, 03:41 PM
I want to add Buchanan to the team. Either as a player or a GA. He has major knowledge of Ole Misses offense and how things work in Blowford.

I don't think he would risk being cut off from the family to do that. Even if he would consider it.

mstatefan91
02-06-2016, 03:42 PM

I am not against this, but I just don't see it happening.

Leroy Jenkins
02-06-2016, 03:45 PM

Not gonna happen. Buchanan's grandfather's name is on the side of the business building at NMS, was the founder of the business school.

Really Clark?
02-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Not gonna happen. Buchanan's grandfather's name is on the side of the business building at NMS, was the founder of the business school.

Holman Hall

RIdog
02-06-2016, 03:51 PM
And in the process got to live the high life as big man on campus, probably land scores of coeds, and probably found his first wife by now. Why in the hell would he leave? He can hang up his cleats, finish out his scholarship, and not have to work everyday on football. Smart on his part.

Pretty sure he'd have had his pick of coeds anyway and been a pretty "big man" without playing a down of football . There is a building on campus named for his grandfather (W.H. Holman , think McCarthy Holman , Jitney Jungle - his mother is Holly Holman Buchanan) and he's a good looking kid and from an extremely well off family - not to mention really good people _ not all bears are bad people , i've known this family over 50 years and have nothing whatsoever bad to say about them .

Goldendawg
02-06-2016, 04:28 PM
UNM = Roman Empire. Few Romans, many mercenaries. Thus the Fall.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-06-2016, 04:36 PM

I read somewhere that he was quitting football...wonder if he is "Tee Shepard quitting" or if he really is quitting

Really Clark?
02-06-2016, 04:53 PM
I read somewhere that he was quitting football...wonder if he is "Tee Shepard quitting" or if he really is quitting

Quitting football. Staying at UNM. Said something like he didn't think he would have the passion to play for any other school

msbulldog
02-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Switchblade and Buchanan gone... MGKs rope just got a lot longer. Dude could burn the plantation to the ground now.
TSUN again like a black widow eats their own!

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-06-2016, 04:58 PM
Somebody with the knowledge needs to put together a list of players during Freeze's tenure who have bolted before graduating. List their stars and then rank them in this years class rankings. I bet you could put together a pretty good class.

Send it to Saturday Down Yonder. They love crap like this.

whosyourdawgy
02-06-2016, 05:04 PM
Pretty sure he'd have had his pick of coeds anyway and been a pretty "big man" without playing a down of football . There is a building on campus named for his grandfather (W.H. Holman , think McCarthy Holman , Jitney Jungle - his mother is Holly Holman Buchanan) and he's a good looking kid and from an extremely well off family - not to mention really good people _ not all bears are bad people , i've known this family over 50 years and have nothing whatsoever bad to say about them .

I didn't say anything derogatory about him or his family. He does come from a wealthy respected family. I have no doubt he is a good kid. But he was not a 4 star qb and never was. And him being a qb on campus in the frat house did not and is not hurting his coed possibilities. His family tree only adds to that.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Buchanan is just quitting football to become a regular student. He's never going to play, he's already popular. May as well live the frat life with the co rds instead of being a practice dummy. Smart man IMO.

maroonmania
02-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Yep, Patterson is going to be the backup this coming Fall regardless and will take over as a SO. Only thing Buchanan would provide is depth in case of multiple injuries.

lastmajordog
02-06-2016, 06:07 PM
The word on the street the Messiah (Patterson) will be the greatest evahh so....why bother playing? **

spudd21
02-06-2016, 07:54 PM
I heard he just enjoys being a frat bro.

Coackjek
02-06-2016, 10:19 PM
The first rat off the ship

Just freeing up a scholly!

cheewgumm
02-06-2016, 10:22 PM

Are they as good of people as the Rawlings are?

RIdog
02-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Are they as good of people as the Rawlings are?

I have absolutely no idea as i do not know the Rawlings but i strongly suspect the Rawlings' are not the type people the Holman/Buchanuns are . :)

Billy Ray Valentine
02-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Don't doubt that he's a good kid but the truth is he is not a good QB. How he was ever a 4 star recruit is beyond me

yjnkdawg
02-06-2016, 11:06 PM
The word on the street the Messiah (Patterson) will be the greatest evahh so....why bother playing? **

Wow the first high school quarterback to be developed (wait, he hasn't been developed yet) since Eli (thanks to Cutcliffe)... No JUCO or transfer quarterbacks?

Bdawg
02-07-2016, 12:04 AM
Pellerin could really put them in a pickle if he bolted as well. I'm sure they are filling him full of hope because, if he bolts, Patterson will have to be the backup next year and that means they'd either have to burn his red shirt or never take Kelly out.
Patterson not red shirting anyway if they want him to play in 2017. They got to get him some snaps this coming year. I don't know anything about Pellerin, but I am assuming he is not the player Patterson is and will be a career backup unless there are injuries.

Todd4State
02-07-2016, 12:48 AM
I'll say this about Buchanan:

I have a lot of respect for anyone that lives out their dream in athletics, which it appears that he did. Regardless of the fact that he was basically a glorified scout team QB, shouldn't have been a four star QB, etc.

I'll be straight up honest- I would love to be a scout team QB for MSU even if it meant sitting around for five years.