PDA

View Full Version : Tre brown/durr

msstate7
02-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Has anyone seen these 2 play? It would really us this year if these 2 could contribute at 2 positions we need help at

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Durr should start. A few years back at Big Dawg he was the best cover guy I saw in a long long time. Will Redmond Type skills

Coach34
02-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Jiles and Cleveland will take the 1st snap vs South Alabama

Tbonewannabe
02-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Durr should start. A few years back at Big Dawg he was the best cover guy I saw in a long long time. Will Redmond Type skills

And Will Redmond didn't start until his senior year. Mullen values the work put in by seniors.

Coach34
02-06-2016, 03:38 PM
And Will Redmond didn't start until his senior year. Mullen values the work put in by seniors.

have we ever had a guy that started the previous year get his job taken from him by the 1st snap of the next season? I dont remember one

Its the same every year:

Chris Jones is gonna start.....nope
Jamal Peters is gonna start from Day 1.....nope
now Ive already seen it posted about Simmons....not gonna happen

Tbonewannabe
02-06-2016, 03:47 PM
have we ever had a guy that started the previous year get his job taken from him by the 1st snap of the next season? I dont remember one

Its the same every year:

Chris Jones is gonna start.....nope
Jamal Peters is gonna start from Day 1.....nope
now Ive already seen it posted about Simmons....not gonna happen

I will say if Simmons is as good as people think then he will be in the rotation for almost 50% of the snaps similar to Chris Jones.

Coach34
02-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Simmons is going to play. But it will be shocking if he starts 1 game in 2016

djaymsu5
02-06-2016, 04:21 PM

Which is his problem. He would rather a senior that isn't very talented that has put in hard work than a more talented underclassman that could help the team in the long run.

HoopsDawg
02-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Simmons is going to play. But it will be shocking if he starts 1 game in 2016

He would have to start over Calvin. Only way that happens is if Calvin moves inside.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2016, 04:56 PM
If Durr can be legit, I really like our defense next year.

Durr needs to play as much as possible the first two weeks against USA and SCAR.

Schultzy
02-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Reffed Brown in HS more than once, he's damn good and I've.been hoping we'd get him after JC.

MarketingBully
02-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Heck, weren't we going to redshirt Lashley if we had signed him?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Heck, weren't we going to redshirt Lashley if we had signed him?

He needed it. He's played OT for a year & a half & never pass blocked in his life. He needs a RS & will get 1 at Bama too.

MarketingBully
02-06-2016, 05:13 PM
He needed it. He's played OT for a year & a half & never pass blocked in his life. He needs a RS & will get 1 at Bama too.

He just doesn't sound like a typical Alabama OT. They usually don't go after projects at all and yet they signed Lashley, Knott, and Davis. All of those guys are projects that we develop. Alabama isn't known as being that patient with development projects. Hate it for the kids they were sold a bill of goods. I think Knott is already having second thoughts.

msstate7
02-06-2016, 05:15 PM
He just doesn't sound like a typical Alabama OT. They usually don't go after projects at all and yet they signed Lashley, Knott, and Davis. All of those guys are projects that we develop. Alabama isn't known as being that patient with development projects. Hate it for the kids they were sold a bill of goods. I think Knott is already having second thoughts.

Did Davis sign with juco too? Maybe we can get him second time

Really Clark?
02-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Did Davis sign with juco too? Maybe we can get him second time

Yes. With Jones

Ifyouonlyknew
02-06-2016, 05:42 PM

Yea but they're not typical projects. They're projects with 1st rd ceilings. There's not many guys Lashley size with the nastiness & athleticism he has. He just has to be coached up. Knott athletically may be the top CB in the country. He needs weight & refining technique but if he gets those the skill set is there. Whether they can get that at Bama where other more polished players are steady coming in is the question.

MSUDeltadawg1971
02-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Yes we were. His not real uncle had already told him he wasn't developed enough or strong enough to come in and play his freshman year. He told him if he did he would get his confidence destroyed.

djaymsu5
02-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Yes. With Jones

Who is Jones?

Really Clark?
02-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Who is Jones?

Jones Co Junior College

bulldawg28
02-06-2016, 08:14 PM

If he's that talented our defense could be scary good.

Commercecomet24
02-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Durr is gonna be a good one. He can fly and great ball skills. Reminds me a lot of Slay.

msstate7
02-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Durr is gonna be a good one. He can fly and great ball skills. Reminds me a lot of Slay.

If he can be 80% the player slay was, our secondary could be pretty good. I think our safety play will be the best it's been in years

Commercecomet24
02-06-2016, 08:57 PM
He reminds of Slay of course he has to do it in a game. I honestly believe he can but we will see. He's a confident kid too which really helps. Safety play is gonna be top notch, we got some and speed back there finally. I'm
Really excited about the whole defense. If the CB's come thru gonna be excellent!

defiantdog
02-06-2016, 09:58 PM
We just have to stop our qb from getting sacked 9 times in a game

msstate7
02-06-2016, 10:06 PM

Rankin living up to potential would go a long way toward that

Tbonewannabe
02-06-2016, 10:11 PM

Getting back to running the true spread option will also help. Not many people respected the QB run unless it was 3rd and short.