PDA

View Full Version : Let's Discuss This

Spiderman
02-06-2016, 11:48 AM
We know that The Culture of Corruption has a letter from the NCAA.

What we don't know is what that letter contains as far as allegations.

We know that Rosebowl filed a FOI to see the letter.

What we don't know is what the CoC will release.

We know that Rosebowl agreed to give them the weekend. (A mistake, in my opinion)

What we don't know is what the CoC is doing about it this weekend, to keep it private.

So here is what I can't understand.......

I know Freeze and Bjork have seen the letter and know every word of it. But either they are sociopaths or there is nothing for football to worry about. Because they are adamant that it's no big deal as far as football, and not just publicly.

They are putting ALL of their credibility on the line here. I don't believe either is so stupid to deny something that eventually will come out.

But then, the school itself is fighting to the death to keep this letter quiet.

Why?

It's very confusing.

SoJackDog
02-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Yeah I heard the women's soccer and volleyball are involved as well....:confused:

starkvegasdawg
02-06-2016, 11:52 AM
They're all in. They know nothing they say or don't say will have any effect. They are left with no choice but to stick to the lie until the bitter end.

defiantdog
02-06-2016, 11:54 AM
It's a black eye to the institution. They are advised to deny for the simple fact that they are innocent until proven guilty. If all of the allegations hit them, then they are fired anyways. If they can somehow find a way around some allegations through mediation, then they might have a chance. Either way, they don't lose any credibility until the allegations become public. It's like committing a hit and run, and trying to say you weren't the driver.

Bubb Rubb
02-06-2016, 11:57 AM
I know Freeze and Bjork have seen the letter and know every word of it. But either they are sociopaths or there is nothing for football to worry about. Because they are adamant that it's no big deal as far as football, and not just publicly.

If there was absolutely nothing to worry about, the letter would have been released already. They wouldn't have been able to release it fast enough.

What I think is that maybe they *believe* that it's not a big deal, but they're not sure that the NCAA will see it that way, so they are preparing their defense. That is why they will withhold everything as long as they possibly can. They want their response to be as thorough as possible, with justifications for any self-sanctions they may impose. They want to appear to be taking action to the NCAA, along with providing enough spin to their clan that it's not a big deal.

Spiderman
02-06-2016, 11:58 AM
They're all in. They know nothing they say or don't say will have any effect. They are left with no choice but to stick to the lie until the bitter end.

But Freeze and Bjork both know it would be the end of their careers. If Freeze is deep in, he's done anyway. Hugh could probably never have to work again anyway with what he has made already.

But Bjork ?

I just can't see him committing career suicide by going down with Freeze.

Are they so embarrassed by the track and WBB team that they are fighting the letter release?

It's just strange.

Spiderman
02-06-2016, 12:02 PM
It's a black eye to the institution. They are advised to deny for the simple fact that they are innocent until proven guilty. If all of the allegations hit them, then they are fired anyways. If they can somehow find a way around some allegations through mediation, then they might have a chance. Either way, they don't lose any credibility until the allegations become public. It's like committing a hit and run, and trying to say you weren't the driver.

I agree.

But Hugh and Bjork are truly unconcerned about this. Or like I said, they both have a hell of a poker face.

There better be nothing there, or they both are done forever.

Coach34
02-06-2016, 12:02 PM
When that 2nd letter drops- Freezus is going to have his Jim Baker moment

Coach34
02-06-2016, 12:04 PM
I agree.

But Hugh and Bjork are truly unconcerned about this. Or like I said, they both have a hell of a poker face..

people saying ol Freezus has aged 10 years the last month

Spiderman
02-06-2016, 12:07 PM

I hope.

But it seems they may be telling the truth on this one. Not saying it's not bad, but it must not have anything worth much on Freeze. I think it's all Suanders, and secondary stuff, by the way Freeze and Bjork are acting and what they are saying.

Spiderman
02-06-2016, 12:08 PM

If a 2nd letter does drop, it's over. And they know it.

Even the waterboys would be fired

confucius say
02-06-2016, 12:10 PM

not doubting you bc you have been dead on with this, but my question is how confident are you there is a second letter?

confucius say
02-06-2016, 12:10 PM
I hope.

But it seems they may be telling the truth on this one. Not saying it's not bad, but it must not have a thing worth much on Freeze. I think it's all Suanders, and secondary stuff, by the way Freeze and Bjork are acting and what they are saying.

I agree.

Mutt the Hoople
02-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Hugh Freeze is Byron Hadley, and Bjork is Warden Norton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ALBpFg8DEw

Coach34
02-06-2016, 12:35 PM
not doubting you bc you have been dead on with this, but my question is how confident are you there is a second letter?

Everybody Ive talked to says 2nd letter. Nobody has said there isnt one.

cheat2win
02-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Everybody Ive talked to says 2nd letter. Nobody has said there isnt one.

Have they already received notice of a second letter or is it in the early stages of happening?

BulldogBear
02-06-2016, 01:03 PM
If there was absolutely nothing to worry about, the letter would have been released already. They wouldn't have been able to release it fast enough.

What I think is that maybe they *believe* that it's not a big deal, but they're not sure that the NCAA will see it that way, so they are preparing their defense. That is why they will withhold everything as long as they possibly can. They want their response to be as thorough as possible, with justifications for any self-sanctions they may impose. They want to appear to be taking action to the NCAA, along with providing enough spin to their clan that it's not a big deal.

Hammer meet nail, especially the first paragraph^

yjnkdawg
02-06-2016, 01:11 PM

The AP reported when the first NOA came out that the OM Athletic Program was still under investigation, as there was an ongoing investigation still going on.

Coach34
02-06-2016, 01:20 PM
The AP reported when the first NOA came out that the OM Athletic Program was still under investigation, as there was an ongoing investigation still going on.

yep

yjnkdawg
02-06-2016, 01:25 PM
We know that Rosebowl agreed to give them the weekend. (A mistake, in my opinion)

I agree and I thought it was 7 working days. Taken from the MS Public Records Act -

"(b) If a public body is unable to produce a public record by the seventh working day after the request is made, the public body must provide a written explanation to the person making the request stating that the record requested will be produced and specifying with particularity why the records cannot be produced within the seven-day period. Unless there is mutual agreement of the parties, in no event shall the date for the public body's production of the requested records be any later than fourteen (14) working days from the receipt by the public body of the original request."

DistrictDawg92
02-06-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm hoping that Tunsil isn't included in the first letter, if he is not the existence of a second letter is all but fact.

SDDawg
02-06-2016, 01:32 PM
OM people in the media are privately saying that more is coming, I talked to one last night and they said that pretty much the only thing not known at this point are the full contents and timing, but the writing is on the wall. The narrative will shift to "everyone cheats" and "it's only a few scholarships a year, no big deal" pretty quickly.

The other thing they told me that me that I found interesting is that they expect some Ole Miss people to try to plant compliance stories about MSU in the coming weeks, but it will all be bullshit and there is no basis for it. There is not a single credible source of it but definitely some smoke being blown up north. Be ready for that.

msudawglb
02-06-2016, 01:32 PM

So he's caught up with his teeth?

Dawgface
02-06-2016, 01:36 PM

I'm going to have to dust off the DVR as I want a copy of this moment.

MedDawg
02-06-2016, 01:45 PM

DistrictDawg92
02-06-2016, 01:56 PM
The state of Mississippi is about to have a civil war. Things are going to get ugly real quick.

t45fixer
02-06-2016, 02:01 PM
I think the letter they have is the second letter. With that being said, I believe they had one a couple years prior with basketball, track, etc, and not football. With recent crap they have done in football and lack of doing anything with the other sports as for self sanctions. NCAA gonna fry them. What's interesting in all this Nutt says he hasn't received anything from the NCAA. No letter and no meetings. ??????

SDDawg
02-06-2016, 02:07 PM
The state of Mississippi is about to have a civil war. Things are going to get ugly real quick.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Figuratively speaking, same idea is in play here.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2016, 02:12 PM
I don't understand what Mississippi State has to do with this.

MSU didn't turn Ole Miss in and Pat Forde is the one who released the article, not MSU.

Again, Ole Miss people getting mad at MSU over this is kinda like Alabama getting mad at Auburn because they lost Georgia. Sure Auburn fans may be happy about Bama losing but they Auburn had nothing to do with it.

Coach34
02-06-2016, 02:37 PM
They are mad that State people have been correct in letting out what has been going on- letting their dirty little secrets out.

OM chick on my Facebook- she was mad as hell that Ive known everything thats been coming out- said the NCAA had no integrity because I know whats going on. Cant figure out how I know but the Yancy's and David Johnson's havent been telling them

DistrictDawg92
02-06-2016, 02:50 PM
I don't understand what Mississippi State has to do with this.

MSU didn't turn Ole Miss in and Pat Forde is the one who released the article, not MSU.

Again, Ole Miss people getting mad at MSU over this is kinda like Alabama getting mad at Auburn because they lost Georgia. Sure Auburn fans may be happy about Bama losing but they Auburn had nothing to do with it.

Ole Miss has mastered the art of the double standard. Xenareb turns us in and "those cheaters get what they deserved!". Now we are "whiny tattle tales who are jealous of their beautiful campus and ability to recruit."

This really all comes down to how bad does the NCAA want to burn OM, because I can guarantee you that they can find enough to make them irrelevant for the rest of this decade. However, with the recent boner that the sporting public has for OM, I'm worried that the NCAA may let them slide a little bit.

One problem I see with their system is that while recruiting nationally definitely helps on the field, those kids have absolutely no ties to Ole Miss other than a backpack and a 4-year salary. When you create a circle as big as they have, with so many people that didn't know the difference between Ole Miss and Mississippi State 4 years ago, you end up with a lot of chances to break that circle, all it takes is one pissed off player or parent. So many people have OM by the balls it's not even funny, I wonder if Freeze has ever watched the SMU 30 for 30. I think that it's clear to see that it's gonna get worse for OM before it gets better. This should be fun.

starkvegasdawg
02-06-2016, 02:50 PM
They are mad that State people have been correct in letting out what has been going on- letting their dirty little secrets out.

OM chick on my Facebook- she was mad as hell that Ive known everything thats been coming out- said the NCAA had no integrity because I know whats going on. Cant figure out how I know but the Yancy's and David Johnson's havent been telling them
You need some adds on your Facebook page so you can tell her to click them.

dawggoneit
02-06-2016, 04:58 PM
with the recent boner that the sporting public has for OM, I'm worried that the NCAA may let them slide a little bit.
.[/QUOTE

But remember who they have pissed off this time. It's some of the heavy hitters not little ole MSU. Does the NCAA want to keep the big boys happy?

starkvegasdawg
02-06-2016, 05:05 PM
OM people in the media are privately saying that more is coming, I talked to one last night and they said that pretty much the only thing not known at this point are the full contents and timing, but the writing is on the wall. The narrative will shift to "everyone cheats" and "it's only a few scholarships a year, no big deal" pretty quickly.

The other thing they told me that me that I found interesting is that they expect some Ole Miss people to try to plant compliance stories about MSU in the coming weeks, but it will all be bullshit and there is no basis for it. There is not a single credible source of it but definitely some smoke being blown up north. Be ready for that.

That's already started. I've already seen troll posts on FB saying we're about to get hammered. We have to expect this to be coming.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2016, 05:12 PM
with the recent boner that the sporting public has for OM, I'm worried that the NCAA may let them slide a little bit.
.[/QUOTE

But remember who they have pissed off this time. It's some of the heavy hitters not little ole MSU. Does the NCAA want to keep the big boys happy?

It's not the sporting public, it's SOME of the sporting media. Most of sporting public, if they even know who they are, dislikes them.

Statecoachingblows**
02-06-2016, 05:12 PM
If the infractions are from sports other than football would the ncaa really continue to investigate? Not to discriminate or anything (I got girls) but BBall and football are where the money is. Unless track is a part of the flow of funds the investigation involving them would have been done relatively quick right? If the investigation didn't involve the football program it would have been wrapped up long ago. I don't see anyway possible that women's hoops, track or the bacce ball team would have enough importance for the ncaa to have invested 3years investigating.

MedDawg
02-06-2016, 05:41 PM

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2016, 06:17 PM
wrong thread

TrapGame
02-06-2016, 06:24 PM

Actually had some lady butt into my conversation with a coworker about ole miss cheating last week. She told me everyone cheats in college football and State's already being investigated by the NCAA. I smiled and told her "Sweetheart, if we're cheating too then we suck at it. I guess Mullen needs to get some pointers from Freeze."

DancingRabbit
02-06-2016, 06:30 PM
I think the letter they have is the second letter. With that being said, I believe they had one a couple years prior with basketball, track, etc, and not football. With recent crap they have done in football and lack of doing anything with the other sports as for self sanctions. NCAA gonna fry them. What's interesting in all this Nutt says he hasn't received anything from the NCAA. No letter and no meetings. ??????

They probably received a Notice of Inquiry a couple years ago, but the Notice of Allegations starts a 90-day clock ticking. So the first NOA has been received recently.