PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Recruits

defiantdog
02-05-2016, 11:10 PM
2016 recruiting class is over. And we all got pissed over some spilt milk in this class. Lets see what optimism 2017 brings....

CURRENTLY COMMITTED:

Keytaon Thompson - QB(8th ranked DUAL threat QB in the nation - I expect his stock to raise in the fall)
Ravian Pierce - TE(he's got a Ricky Seals-Jones build.... I hope he can catch up to speed when he hits practice)
Tommy Champion - OT(huge piece of the puzzle for this class)
Cameron Myers - ATH(don't expect him in this class. He's currently committed, but I'm almost certain this will change)
Emanuel Dabney - CB(I don't know much about him, but I like our Callaway connection as of late)

SOON TO COMMIT:

Kylin Hill - RB(Our bread and butter in this class)
Keldrick Carper - WR/S(Dude can play WR or S.... he's big and fast. And he lives north enough to be outside of the LSU black hole)
Willie Gay - LB(Kobe Jones is committed. It's only a matter of time before we get the best defensive player in MS.... again)
Austin Williams - WR(This is the Marquiss Spencer of the 2017 class. He's kind of unheard of now, but his name will become known next Fall)
Kymbotric Mason - WR(Like Williams, he's a steal in this class)
Ronald Ladd - S/LB/RB/WHATEVER THE **** HE WANTS TO PLAY(Ronald is a man, and he'll play whatever position he wants for us. He's another Rosa Fort player that'll shine in the maroon and white)
Deion Pope - DT(Sign and place JUCO)
Jordan Murphy - WR(Our next Fred Ross)

BIG TIME TARGETS:

Will Ignont - LB (Myles Jack type player where he can play RB or LB, but he's going to be an ILB at the next level. Gonzo has been on him for a while and I've heard that Sirmon has made Ignont a priority. So we'll see if Sirmon can beat the good ole boys of Auburn for this one)
Brad Stewart - FS (Stay away LSU! Stewart is Jalen Mills but better. I think Keytaon locks this one up for us. Stewart will NOT redshirt)
CJ Avery - S(This will be an interesting recruitment. I like where we stand, but we'll see what happens when Cam Akers flips from Bama to OM)
Keyshawn Johnson - WR(He's been to campus already.... let's see of Sirmon can pull some Cali boys)
Kam White - WR/RB(I like his speed and I know he likes State. Let's see if we can close on him)
J'Marick Woods - LB(J'Marick plays S in high school, but he'll transition to OLB. He'll easily out grow the S position. I like our stance with him since he's in our Florence pipeline. He's been getting some crazy offers of late so we'll see on him)
Freddie Hartz - LB(We've got that Taveze Calhoun connection here. I like Freddie because he likes to hit)
Jacob Rimmer - OT(He's a definite need)
Lavante Epson - DT(We want this guy like a fat kid wants cake. Only problem is damn Bo Davis will try to tell him that he's the next A'Shawn Robinson)
LaBryan Ray - DE/DT(He's a big, mean dude with bear claws for hands. We'll have to hope our coaches get on him before Bama offers)
Justin Gibbs - WR(He's waiting on that TN offer, but you never know)
Monterio Hunt - WR(Fast dude.... I like our chances)
Saahdiq Charles - OT(Yet another private school OT we're going after)
Dekeith Whatley - RB/WR(Brandon Holloway 2.0)
Juwuan Jones - ILB/DE(Turner found this guy while he was trying to land Derrick Brown)
Trey Smith - OT(I'm hoping Buckley jumps on this guy, but I've already heard rumors of some Cam Akers like negotiations going on.... this might be a Greg Little 2.0 situation)
Terryonte Thomas - WR(Dual sport guy.... we all know what that means.... Elijah Staley? Bear Wilson?)
Brandon Smith - WR(No idea on this guy other than Gonzo likes him)

I know there's a lot of other names out there.... but this is what I got for now. This class is going to be like the gigantic A&M class of 2013. We'll easily get 30 in this class. I expect the dominoes to start falling once Willie and Kylin commit. This 2017 class should be refreshing for us Bulldog fans.

msstate7
02-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Great info. Thanks

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Good list. Deion Pope has to get it together this semester through next fall.

defiantdog
02-05-2016, 11:17 PM
Good list. Deion Pope has to get it together this semester through next fall.

No joke.... that guy is going to be a monster once he makes it to campus though.

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 11:20 PM
No joke.... that guy is going to be a monster once he makes it to campus though.

Oh he has the physical tools. Just got to get squared away up top. He came back to school and that's a good sign. He can be hilarious. He doesn't really have a bad attitude just got to focus and commit.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-05-2016, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't say Carper is in the close to committing category. We're doing well but UGA is really on him hard now. I think he's going to be a while. Jordan Murphy is blowing up too so not sure he commits soon but I really like him. Freddie Hartz going to have to prove he can play with his hand in the dirt bc he won't play LB in college. We're recruiting Epson as an OG.

deltadawg99
02-06-2016, 02:50 AM
We've done really well in Clinton over the years, wouldn't concede Akers to anybody.

I don't know why Cam Myers is still listed as a commit. He transferred from MGCC where he was a backup DB to a juco out west to play QB.

I hope that we'll get Hill and Willie Gay in the boat early in the process.

defiantdog
02-06-2016, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't say Carper is in the close to committing category. We're doing well but UGA is really on him hard now. I think he's going to be a while. Jordan Murphy is blowing up too so not sure he commits soon but I really like him. Freddie Hartz going to have to prove he can play with his hand in the dirt bc he won't play LB in college. We're recruiting Epson as an OG.

Interesting on Epson.... I know Bama has been looking at him to play defense.

Jacksondevildog
02-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Where is all of the Akers to Ole Miss smoke coming from. I haven't seen any rumors of this on the Spirit or twitter.

defiantdog
02-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Where is all of the Akers to Ole Miss smoke coming from. I haven't seen any rumors of this on the Spirit or twitter.
I guess that's where ED has the inside info once again then.

mic
02-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Again another glaring issue... I counted 4 OL... we are going to have to sign at least 6 or 7 in this class....

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2016, 09:37 AM
Here are Shotgun's official thoughts on the 2017 recruiting class

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2117085/braveheart-o.gif

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Again another glaring issue... I counted 4 OL... we are going to have to sign at least 6 or 7 in this class....

We are about to recruit nationally this year with Sirmon, Buckley, & the new safeties coach. I sure plenty of names will pop up.

I like where our head is at on Feb 6th though. I think everyone realizes how important this next class is

Ifyouonlyknew
02-06-2016, 09:57 AM

Tommy Champion, Saahdiq Charles, Lavonte Epson, John Dale are all instate guys I could see in this class. Then you go OOS & grab a couple more.

defiantdog
02-06-2016, 09:58 AM
We are about to recruit nationally this year with Sirmon, Buckley, & the new safeties coach. I sure plenty of names will pop up.

I like where our head is at on Feb 6th though. I think everyone realizes how important this next class is
The fact that Sirmon is reaching out to Ignont proves we are getting out of our comfort zone with this class.

defiantdog
02-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Tommy Champion, Saahdiq Charles, Lavonte Epson, John Dale are all instate guys I could see in this class. Then you go OOS & grab a couple more.
John Dale is a big boy.... He's one I missed on the list

msstate7
02-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Off topic, but any word on whether sirmon's kid will play for Starkville?

msstate7
02-06-2016, 10:01 AM

Speaking of Kemper, what year is their qb? Is he a prospect?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-06-2016, 10:03 AM
Off topic, but any word on whether sirmon's kid will play for Starkville?

Yes he is. All the more reason to give Sirmon the local territory so he can have unlimited access to the Starkville program.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-06-2016, 10:04 AM

Big & athletic. He's the leading scorer for the basketball team.

msstate7
02-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Yes he is. All the more reason to give Sirmon the local territory so he can have unlimited access to the Starkville program.

Shs gonna have some serious talent at lb.

mic
02-06-2016, 10:08 AM

I like it ... Wherever we have to get them... Just get them....

djaymsu5
02-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Kam White! We need to get this kid in the boat early. I have a feeling he is going to blow up even more this year and bama and ole miss will come after him hard with Akers being on his team they may follow each other. What you think IYOK?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-06-2016, 02:36 PM
Kam White! We need to get this kid in the boat early. I have a feeling he is going to blow up even more this year and bama and ole miss will come after him hard with Akers being on his team they may follow each other. What you think IYOK?

We're on Kam pretty good. He was at Jr Day last week & he & Sirmon kind of hit it off. We see him more on the defensive side either Safety or OLB. It's going to be a battle because I expect OM to come after him hard as well.

djaymsu5
02-06-2016, 06:00 PM
We're on Kam pretty good. He was at Jr Day last week & he & Sirmon kind of hit it off. We see him more on the defensive side either Safety or OLB. It's going to be a battle because I expect OM to come after him hard as well.

Ok good deal. Maybe Sirmon can keep a good enough relationship with these kids to snag them before its over.

coastratdog
02-07-2016, 10:03 AM
A few great names on this list: Kymbotric, Kylin, Keldrick and Keytaon. I think the announcer could really have a great time saying these kids names. Put them on the field at the same time and we got to come up with a cool saying. Mullen's new offense: "K Squared".

RBritt
02-07-2016, 10:17 AM
White and Akers are cousins. For what it's worth...

solodawg
02-07-2016, 11:56 AM

Anybody have any ideas where we stand with Akers? I'd love to get this kid!!

djaymsu5
02-07-2016, 04:27 PM

That scares me about White then

msstate7
02-07-2016, 04:38 PM

If we truly believe om is in serious trouble with the NCAA, we shouldn't worry about how Akers is looking at om right now

defiantdog
02-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Akers, White and Avery are all leaning OM. But it's ****ing February....

msstate7
02-07-2016, 04:45 PM

Yeah, I'm not freaking out. There will be many players to emerge and many players that lose value between now and signing day

Todd4State
02-07-2016, 04:55 PM

True but now is the time for our coaches to step it up. Not hang out at the beach.

defiantdog
02-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not freaking out. There will be many players to emerge and many players that lose value between now and signing day

True but now is the time for our coaches to step it up. Not hang out at the beach.

Sirmon and Buckley are on White and Avery.... I have faith in those two guys. I still think Akers is a lost cause.

tcdog70
02-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Bot Mason, another Noxubee Kid. Very good WR but he plays both ways.

Todd4State
02-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Sirmon and Buckley are on White and Avery.... I have faith in those two guys. I still think Akers is a lost cause.

It's unrealistic to expect us to get everyone. I just ask our coaches to do everything possible to try to get everyone. The lack of effort this past recruiting class concerns me big time.

Hopefully Buckley and Sirmon will perform as well as you hope- and I have no reason to expect them not to. I just wish the rest of the staff would follow their lead.