PDA

View Full Version : Question about DK Metcalf

HaggardDawg
02-05-2016, 10:19 PM
The Clarion Ledger had an article this morning about Metcalf. In the article it talks about and quotes DK as saying he had been sitting in on WR meetings at UNM 3 to 4 days a week since he was sophomore. Is this allowed under NCAA rules? I thought there were somewhat strict limits on contact with recruits.

gravedigger
02-05-2016, 10:29 PM
The Clarion Ledger had an article this morning about Metcalf. In the article it talks about and quotes DK as saying he had been sitting in on WR meetings at UNM 3 to 4 days a week since he was sophomore. Is this allowed under NCAA rules? I thought there were somewhat strict limits on contact with recruits.

What he wasn't told was that he'd play behind AJ. Gonna be a good source for an investigator.

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 10:52 PM

The athlete can make an unlimited amount of unofficial visits to a campus as long as it's not during a dead period.

Irondawg
02-05-2016, 11:18 PM
If that is allowable that's simply a great idea by the om staff

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 11:22 PM
If that is allowable that's simply a great idea by the om staff

Why do you think we allowed all access to AJ, Lashley and Simmons. It is a fantastic recruiting tool. Should have paid off for us. The old recruiting adage is, follow the visits.

RIdog
02-06-2016, 12:30 AM
Why do you think we allowed all access to AJ, Lashley and Simmons. It is a fantastic recruiting tool. Should have paid off for us. The old recruiting adage is, follow the visits.

Nah , i still think it's follow the money $$$$$$$$ . :)

Really Clark?
02-06-2016, 12:50 AM
Nah , i still think it's follow the money $$$$$$$$ . :)

Ha. Well when things are on the up and up its follow the visits.

Todd4State
02-06-2016, 01:15 AM

I think you are right. We don't do enough proactive things with regards to recruiting regardless of how much Ole Miss cheats.

SDDawg
02-06-2016, 01:28 AM
I think you are right. We don't do enough proactive things with regards to recruiting regardless of how much Ole Miss cheats.

That's about to change I think.

Irondawg
02-06-2016, 08:18 AM

I know they were at practice a lot but never saw positional meetings mentioned

Really Clark?
02-06-2016, 08:27 AM
I know they were at practice a lot but never saw positional meetings mentioned

I know they did some, how much I don't know. But any time they stepped foot on campus it is considered an unofficial visit. I was just talking about the NCAA rules regarding that and there is no rules stopping them from coming as much as they want. Other than dead period. Doesn't restrict what they can do on campus either. It's a great recruiting tool for coaches on local kids.

HaggardDawg
02-06-2016, 08:32 AM
If legal, sounds like a great recruiting tool. So what you're saying is a recruit can take unlimited unofficial visits and meet with coaches but there is a limit to a coaches contact off campus (school visits, in homes, etc)?

Really Clark?
02-06-2016, 08:39 AM
If legal, sounds like a great recruiting tool. So what you're saying is a recruit can take unlimited unofficial visits and meet with coaches but there is a limit to a coaches contact off campus (school visits, in homes, etc)?

Exactly. Big difference and tons of restrictions and off campus contact doesn't start until July 1 of their senior year.

OurState
02-06-2016, 06:37 PM
I know they did some, how much I don't know. But any time they stepped foot on campus it is considered an unofficial visit. I was just talking about the NCAA rules regarding that and there is no rules stopping them from coming as much as they want. Other than dead period. Doesn't restrict what they can do on campus either. It's a great recruiting tool for coaches on local kids.

It's another reasons coaches have hugged advantages recruiting local kids