PDA

View Full Version : A few thoughts about the OM ordeal

DistrictDawg92
02-05-2016, 06:38 PM
1. I'll give it to them, Ole Miss is very good at what they do. Everyone in and around that program is all in and on the same page. They have all lied to each other for so long that a lie has become truth to them, they honestly believe that their staff is just that good at recruiting and that their campus is just that beautiful. It's kinda like the meth addict in denial that is still telling everyone that they don't do meth as their last tooth is falling out. What's sad is even some smart State fans have fallen into this lie and fully believe it.

2. One of three scenarios will play out over the next year: (i) OM told the 2016 recruiting class that they were only facing a handful of minor violations and that is actually true. (ii) OM told the 2016 recruiting class that they would be facing probation sometime in the near future and they were cool with it. (iii) OM told the 2016 recruiting class that they were only facing a handful of minor violations while being fully aware that probation is on the horizon.
The second scenario seems unlikely and the third scenario would be catastrophic to the future of their program.

3. Studies show that, on average, a person convicted of a DUI had driven over the limit 80 times before being caught. When all this is over, I can guarantee you that whatever they do get sanctioned for is only a small fraction of what they have actually done, and that goes without saying.

4. Freeze's idiotic tweet regarding the 2013 class may put him in some hot water if any violations are found from the recruitment of that class. He personally requested emails from anyone with knowledge regarding any wrong doing, which obviously means that he has read every single one of the emails. If any violations that the NCAA finds matches up with any of those emails, and Freeze read that email without asking the compliance department to investigate the matter, he would be as guilty as anyone else. Just because Freeze isn't the man doing the crime doesn't mean he isn't guilty as long as he as aware of the crime. See Joe Paterno.

5. It's funny how quick everyone at OM is to completely throw women's basketball and track under the bus. Shows great leadership on the part of the OM athletic department

gravedigger
02-05-2016, 07:00 PM
1. I'll give it to them, Ole Miss is very good at what they do. Everyone in and around that program is all in and on the same page. They have all lied to each other for so long that a lie has become truth to them, they honestly believe that their staff is just that good at recruiting and that their campus is just that beautiful. It's kinda like the meth addict in denial that is still telling everyone that they don't do meth as their last tooth is falling out. What's sad is even some smart State fans have fallen into this lie and fully believe it.

2. One of three scenarios will play out over the next year: (i) OM told the 2016 recruiting class that they were only facing a handful of minor violations and that is actually true. (ii) OM told the 2016 recruiting class that they would be facing probation sometime in the near future and they were cool with it. (iii) OM told the 2016 recruiting class that they were only facing a handful of minor violations while being fully aware that probation is on the horizon.
The second scenario seems unlikely and the third scenario would be catastrophic to the future of their program.

3. Studies show that, on average, a person convicted of a DUI had driven over the limit 80 times before being caught. When all this is over, I can guarantee you that whatever they do get sanctioned for is only a small fraction of what they have actually done, and that goes without saying.

4. Freeze's idiotic tweet regarding the 2013 class may put him in some hot water if any violations are found from the recruitment of that class. He personally requested emails from anyone with knowledge regarding any wrong doing, which obviously means that he has read every single one of the emails. If any violations that the NCAA finds matches up with any of those emails, and Freeze read that email without asking the compliance department to investigate the matter, he would be as guilty as anyone else. Just because Freeze isn't the man doing the crime doesn't mean he isn't guilty as long as he as aware of the crime. See Joe Paterno.

5. It's funny how quick everyone at OM is to completely throw women's basketball and track under the bus. Shows great leadership on the part of the OM athletic department

Good points. I agree. They are good at selling truckloads of manure. We cry because we don't sell as well. I hate that talented kids choose the path of no self discipline but given the same choice from another state, I'd have probably done the same 2 weeks before my 18th birthday.

I don't really hate the process anymore. I expect whomever is leading our sports programs to overcome it and succeed anyway. Tough hill to climb, I know. Don't care. They
are paid plenty.

shannondawg
02-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Freeze has already protected himself. He made the statement twice on finebaum about innocence "Things under my control" and did so with emphasis.

Mjoelner34
02-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Freeze has already protected himself. He made the statement twice on finebaum about innocence "Things under my control" and did so with emphasis.

He can talk about "Things under my control" until his buck-teeth fall out and it won't matter.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/01/07/Opinion/Clfton-Kelly-Wagner.aspx

Under the new model, coaches can no longer turn a blind eye to impermissible conduct. Head coaches are now presumed to have knowledge of all actions or omissions in their program and may be penalized individually for violations committed by staff, unless they can prove they took measures to prevent such conduct. As explained by Ed Ray, chairman of the NCAA board, the onus is on the coaches:

CadaverDawg
02-05-2016, 08:26 PM
He can talk about "Things under my control" until his buck-teeth fall out and it won't matter.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/01/07/Opinion/Clfton-Kelly-Wagner.aspx

Under the new model, coaches can no longer turn a blind eye to impermissible conduct. Head coaches are now presumed to have knowledge of all actions or omissions in their program and may be penalized individually for violations committed by staff, unless they can prove they took measures to prevent such conduct. As explained by Ed Ray, chairman of the NCAA board, the onus is on the coaches:

"Staff", not "boosters". That's the only thing that gives me hesitation. If all evidence pointed to boosters, can Freeze & the program get in much trouble? I'm asking, I don't know the answer.

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 08:32 PM
"Staff", not "boosters". That's the only thing that gives me hesitation. If all evidence pointed to boosters, can Freeze & the program get in much trouble? I'm asking, I don't know the answer.

The program, most definitely. The staff, only if they can prove a staff member knew what was going on. And they don't have to direct it or even agree with it. But if they withhold what they knew then they still are in violation. If they lie at any point about it, show cause time.

Reason2succeed
02-05-2016, 08:57 PM
I hope the NCAA digging all the way into the whole Forward Rebel movement and the hiring of coaches. Saunders three separate coaching stints at OM should be enough to raise flags since he has already been charged at ULaLa. Personally, I don't see how they can avoid being charged with a "pattern of willful" violations. With USC you did t have evidence of a complete corrupt culture but at OM it runs through multiple coaching staffs. Here's to hoping that the NCAA is taking time to do their due diligence and are winding up to smack dat a$$ with MAJOR penalties.

Jack Lambert
02-05-2016, 09:17 PM
I would bet my house, my kids, my wife, my nuts everything that freeze don't tweet stupid shit like that again.

spiritual_machine2005
02-05-2016, 09:30 PM
I would bet my house, my kids, my wife, my nuts everything that freeze don't tweet stupid shit like that again.

I dont know...Hugh has been known to go full retard on twitter before.

messageboardsuperhero
02-05-2016, 09:35 PM

I'll take that bet. Hugh Freeze is to twitter as Johnny Football is to partying- a match made in hell.

defiantdog
02-05-2016, 09:41 PM

As an old drunk man once said, the difference between involvement and commitment is like an eggs and ham breakfast. The chicken was involved, the pig was committed. Freeze is linked to this eggs and ham breakfast, no matter if he's the chicken or the pig.

Dawgtini
02-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Good points. I agree. They are good at selling truckloads of manure. We cry because we don't sell as well. I hate that talented kids choose the path of no self discipline but given the same choice from another state, I'd have probably done the same 2 weeks before my 18th birthday.

I don't really hate the process anymore. I expect whomever is leading our sports programs to overcome it and succeed anyway. Tough hill to climb, I know. Don't care. They
are paid plenty.
+1

yjnkdawg
02-05-2016, 10:20 PM

Just One Example -If RN and DN were under his control, although they weren't, that would be a pathetic way of helping football players, who were in desperate need of some professional help. The coaches had to know something about the problems that RN and DN had, but they basically used them till they couldn't anymore, and then threw them under the bus.

gravedigger
02-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Just One Example -If RN and DN were under his control, although they weren't, that would be a pathetic way of helping football players, who were in desperate need of some professional help. The coaches had to know something about the problems that RN and DN had, but they basically used them till they couldn't anymore, and then threw them under the bus.

Or, the recruited them under the premise that they could do what the want..........,...WHILE telling mom and dad they'd be be in c
hurch on Sunday.

basedog
02-05-2016, 10:28 PM

I will take "Freeze and stupid tweets for 800 Alex".

yjnkdawg
02-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Or, the recruited them under the premise that they could do what the want..........,...WHILE telling mom and dad they'd be be in c
hurch on Sunday.

+1

yjnkdawg
02-05-2016, 10:50 PM
That bunch up up North, better hope that the NCAA has Amnesia, about that highly rated recruit that the NCAA should know about that OM paid to visit, and he committed elsewhere, if OM is going to continue blaming Nutt for all wrong doings.

Liverpooldawg
02-05-2016, 11:13 PM

Oh yeah. Boosters are considered part of the program.

Bubb Rubb
02-06-2016, 10:39 AM
As an old drunk man once said, the difference between involvement and commitment is like an eggs and ham breakfast. The chicken was involved, the pig was committed. Freeze is linked to this eggs and ham breakfast, no matter if he's the chicken or the pig.

Hmm, somebody here is a certified scrum master, or is close to someone who is....

OurState
02-06-2016, 06:39 PM
I dont know...Hugh has been known to go full retard on twitter before.

I like this bet more. Especially if we get odds