PDA

View Full Version : College Fantasy Football

Political Hack
08-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Engie, Techtenium (sp?), and I are in.

However no one has agreed to run it. I don't have the time to or I would, but if someone will run it and we can get a few more people I think it would be fun.

Any interest?

MitchD24
08-11-2013, 07:45 AM
I'm down

msstate7
08-11-2013, 07:50 AM
I'm in for participating.

EnterpriseDawg
08-11-2013, 08:13 AM
I would like to participate also, but have no knowledge of the college version to organize it.

FlabLoser
08-11-2013, 08:25 AM
My college football fantasy is outsourcing our compliance dept to Slived old law firm specializing in NCAA dealings. Or Saul. Better call Saul.

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

Political Hack
08-11-2013, 08:32 AM
that's 6. Need 3 more and a league commish.

Quaoarsking
08-11-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm in.

MitchD24
08-11-2013, 09:02 AM
My college football fantasy is outsourcing our compliance dept to Slived old law firm specializing in NCAA dealings. Or Saul. Better call Saul.

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

Very nice breaking bad reference!!

engie
08-11-2013, 09:41 AM
I'm in but don't really want to be commish...

Another thing that needs to be watched is that CBS has started charging $100 to do it for new leagues, but my other one got grandfathered in, I believe...

Not sure where hosts a free college league, anotherwords...

Will James
08-11-2013, 10:11 AM
+1 if its free

Political Hack
08-11-2013, 11:25 AM

Need one more and a commish... if we can find a free venue.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Im in

Quaoarsking
08-11-2013, 11:42 AM
In 2007, I played college fantasy football with some friends just using Excel. It would be a little more work for the commissioner, but it would be free.

Political Hack
08-11-2013, 12:38 PM
just need a commish...

any takers?

Technetium
08-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Did we decide on a venue?

msstate7
08-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Did we decide on a venue?

Hack will just pay the $100 for us

TUSK
08-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Like QKing said, Excel is all you really need... in the mid-late 90s I built the XLS to keep track of point totals for an SEC Fantasy League we created...

It worked well and even spawned a few other FLs

If yall want it in XLS, I'd be happy to build it for ya...

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Like QKing said, Excel is all you really need... in the mid-late 90s I built the XLS to keep track of point totals for an SEC Fantasy League we created...

Sounds great to me, Tusk. I'll let Hack and Engie decide if they want to use it since they are creating this thing...but it sounds like you have a good system

MitchD24
08-11-2013, 03:38 PM

Yea sounds pretty good to me!

Political Hack
08-11-2013, 03:50 PM
absolutely Tusk.

We still need a commish to update scores, post them here (or bovine), organize the draft, etc...

If anyone steps up, I think we've got everything else we need.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 03:55 PM
absolutely Tusk.

We still need a commish to update scores, post them here (or bovine), organize the draft, etc...

Hack, Tusk has a pretty good points system to go along with his excel stuff. Any chance we could grow the league by 1 or 2 and add Tusk as the commish? Just a thought. Your call

TUSK
08-11-2013, 03:56 PM
oh, if I built the XLS, I would also be happy to update/manage it if yall wanted... I'm a data/analyst type... yall will be in good hands...

just let me know. all we have to mutually agree upon is the point distro system.... I'll try to remember what we did and we can tweak it as a group...

absolutely Tusk.

EnterpriseDawg
08-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Hack, Tusk has a pretty good points system to go along with his excel stuff. Any chance we could grow the league by 1 or 2 and add Tusk as the commish? Just a thought. Your call

If it can't be expanded by the one or two members needed, I would give up my position. Not that I want to, but it would benefit the group to have someone qualified to run it.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2013, 04:01 PM
If it can't be expanded by the one or two members needed, I would give up my position. Not that I want to, but it would benefit the group to have someone qualified to run it.

What a team player. No way in hell we would let you give up your spot after that post!

EnterpriseDawg
08-11-2013, 04:06 PM
What a team player. No way in hell we would let you give up your spot after that post!

It's all good. It wouldn't hurt my feelings. With my A.D.D I would just find something else to do, lol.

Quaoarsking
08-11-2013, 04:31 PM
I suggest not distinguishing between TEs and WRs, since a lot of teams don't, and just count them all as WRs.

Technetium
08-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Great. Just keep me updated with the details on the league/draft. I'm game for anything since I just do this stuff for fun. CBS is convenient because everything is automated, but if someone wants to handle an excel version, that sounds great as well.

Political Hack
08-11-2013, 05:50 PM
yeah, 12 teams, TUSK handles commish.

Sold!

Technetium
08-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Bump for info. Any idea if/when this will actually get started? With 2 weeks until the season starts, and a busy work-life, having details in the near future would be great.

Political Hack
08-15-2013, 02:17 PM
double bump

bulldogsmsu
08-15-2013, 02:34 PM
I have never played Fantasy College Football. I will be commissioner if you guys want on a standard free website. I already set it up and I set it up for 14 players so that everyone who said they were in can join. Group is 2013 Elite Dawgs and password is elitedawgs. Let me know if you guys want to stay with the excell version but i think online will be more interactive and fun. Also allows for live draft and I can customize how you guys like. Right now I only selected the big conferences for player pool.

http://www1.fantrax.com/fantasy/home.go?leagueId=jzhzuacphkecuymh

Let me know what you think. Draft is set for 7/22/13 @ 7:00pm central.

msstate7
08-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Is there anyone who would like to take my spot?

bulldogsmsu
08-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Ok sounds like the other league is set. I will delete this one.

Quaoarsking
08-16-2013, 09:14 PM
What's the status on this?

CadaverDawg
08-16-2013, 09:20 PM
No word yet QK. I am already commish in two leagues or I would. Tusk?

Political Hack
08-16-2013, 09:22 PM
bulldogsmsu, I don't think anyone has set the draft, etc... Tusk just offered his spreadsheet for scoring.

If you're willing to be commish, I think that's the way to go. Can you ID everyone who wants to play in this thread and make sure the numbers are right? Once we do that, lets set the draft. I'm fine with the proposed time.

Quaoarsking
08-16-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm cool with doing it on that website -- probably a whole lot less work. Either way is fine for me.

engie
08-16-2013, 10:24 PM
same here... just drafted for my primary group...

CadaverDawg
08-16-2013, 11:54 PM
It won't let me in the league for some reason. Anybody else unable to get in?

TUSK
08-17-2013, 02:00 AM
been away,,, sorry cats.... i'm in.... i'll be available to Commish/and/or participate in said league.... I would be happy to do the XLS part regardless.

Political Hack
08-17-2013, 06:38 AM
drafting and tracking your score vs others would probably be easier online and alleviate the burden on Tusk. I vote online so long as it's free.

I tried to sign up online, but it says the league ID is wrong.

msstate7
08-17-2013, 09:22 AM
drafting and tracking your score vs others would probably be easier online and alleviate the burden on Tusk. I vote online so long as it's free.

I tried to sign up online, but it says the league ID is wrong.
Same here

Technetium
08-17-2013, 09:33 AM
I think he deleted that league. Whoever wants to be Commish should just create a new league and post the details here...

bulldogsmsu
08-17-2013, 03:46 PM
I will work on this tomorrow and posted the updated details. Tusk if you want to be commish I will give you the commish login and password. I will post an update tomorrow.

bulldogsmsu
08-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Ok guys try this. Use the link attached and the followg:

League Name: Elite Dawgs
League Password: elitedawgs
League ID if for some reason you need it: jzhzuacphkecuymh (You should not need this, but figured I would liste it just in case)

Other items to disscuss.
1. Playpool: It would probably be better to use 2 conferences. I have 4-5 included now, but that is really such a big player pool. I think with having a 12-14 person league it would be better to use SEC & ACC or SEC & Big 12. What do you guys think?
2. Without getting everyones emails you will have to go on and sign up. If someone gets left out just let me know and I will add a spot. I say no more than 16 teams, but I am open to what everyone wants.
3. This will be a free league & website is free.
4. If we need to change the draft time lets discuss now. I realize it may not work perfectly for everyone, but we will have to go with the majority.
5. Let me know if you are having any other issues. Looks to be set up exactly like an NFL league would be set up. See rules for scoring options, but I set it up for normal scoring.

I have never played Fantasy College Football. I will be commissioner if you guys want on a standard free website. I already set it up and I set it up for 14 players so that everyone who said they were in can join. Group is 2013 Elite Dawgs and password is elitedawgs. Let me know if you guys want to stay with the excell version but i think online will be more interactive and fun. Also allows for live draft and I can customize how you guys like. Right now I only selected the big conferences for player pool.

http://www1.fantrax.com/fantasy/home.go?leagueId=jzhzuacphkecuymh

Let me know what you think. Draft is set for 7/22/13 @ 7:00pm central.

Technetium
08-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Ok guys try this. Use the link attached and the followg:

League Name: Elite Dawgs
League Password: elitedawgs
League ID if for some reason you need it: jzhzuacphkecuymh (You should not need this, but figured I would liste it just in case)

I needed the League ID to join. The previous link you posted didn't work, so I had to search for the league using that League ID.

Quaoarsking
08-19-2013, 08:05 AM
Why not use all 10 FBS conferences?

Gotta love the MACtion...

Political Hack
08-19-2013, 08:09 AM
be a lot of drops and adds. I do like the idea of making the Tues/Wed/Thurs games relevant though. I haven't looked at the schedule, but it would be cool if we add the leagues that have those midweek contracts.

bulldogsmsu
08-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Great at least we are making progress now. If anyone else has trouble let me know. I see you are signed up in the league Technetium. Also Tusk if you want to be commissioner I don't mind one bit and will turn over commisioner rights over to you. Just let me know.

As far as using all 11 conferences I don't have a problem with that it is just a lot of players. Like NFL you have 32 teams and that takes some strategy in drafting. If you have 116 teams to chose from it is just a lot to keep up with and not much strategy in drafting. You just pick up a school with a good match up for the week. My thought is it would be more challeging and funner getting to know 2-3 conferences in more detail than picking up say UMASS QB due to a match up that week. If we do 2-3 big conferences it will be more of the NFL fantasy feel with 26-38 teams. But I am open to whatever you guys want. Just a thought. Let me know what you guys think.

I needed the League ID to join. The previous link you posted didn't work, so I had to search for the league using that League ID.

Technetium
08-19-2013, 08:19 AM
I'm definitely pro reducing the number of conferences involved. I ran a league for a few years and make the mistake of using all conferences in our first year; just wasn't much fun due to having too many "easy" games. Would rather us keep it to a few conferences, depending on how many players we have. Starting with SEC/ACC/Big12 is the right idea as well, since those are more regionally relevant than, say, the Pac12. I'd be fine with the majority opinion, though...

Political Hack
08-19-2013, 08:59 AM
ok, I say we got with the experienced crew and limit the conferences then.

Maybe just the BCS conferences? I need a reason to sit through a Big Ten or Big East game.

Technetium
08-19-2013, 09:08 AM
I'd rather not the Big East, given it's is losing is AQ status, but I'd be okay with a SEC/ACC/Big12/Big10/Pac12 league. That's the way I ran my league at CBS the last couple of years, but that still a lot of players to be sure. As others have said, you just run the risk of everyone having a team of All-Conference players instead of making people have tough choices about taking the #8 SEC RB or the #12 Big12 WR when drafting/etc.

And as always, if I'm in the minority on something, such as the Big East, I'm willing to compromise. Just doing this for fun, and honestly glad I'm not having to run the league this year; last year I was swamped with work and barely able to manage my team, let alone run a league.

bulldogsmsu
08-19-2013, 09:21 AM
My vote is for SEC/ACC/Big 12. But I am ok with whatever the majority wants.

msstate7
08-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Anyone looking to join tho league can take my place.

engie
08-19-2013, 10:02 AM
dp'd

engie
08-19-2013, 10:10 AM
I like doing all of FBS...Nothing like having something invested in a Tuesday night nobody football game you wouldn't even watch otherwise with guys putting up stupid fantasy points...but I'm fine with whatever the group wants...

Signed in. Need to talk other rules as well...

bulldogsmsu
08-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Everyone try to get signed up by Wednesday so we can see how many we have. I know a few people have said they may not play. Tusk you still want to be commish? I can change over the rights as I have found that option on the website. Once everyone gets signed up I will try to create polls for the options we discussed.
1. Draft Date/Time
2. Player Pool (Which conferences to include)
3. Scoring Settings

So everyone get signed in!

bulldogsmsu
08-19-2013, 02:07 PM
If you are having trouble logging in send me your email address in my mailbox and I will send an manual invite.

CadaverDawg
08-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Guys, this is my first time to do college fantasy. All I did was login using the league ID and there was a team with my name already on it....do I need to do anything else? Also, my vote is for SEC/ACC/Big12

Political Hack
08-19-2013, 09:29 PM
is everyone ok with the draft being Thursday night?

if so, we probably need to lock in conferences tomorrow. Im ok with whatever.

CadaverDawg
08-19-2013, 09:38 PM
is everyone ok with the draft being Thursday night?

if so, we probably need to lock in conferences tomorrow. Im ok with whatever.

Thursday night is cool with me

engie
08-19-2013, 09:42 PM
IMO limiting it way down limits the fun of it -- and puts basically all the weight on the draft. The whole appeal of college to me is how many more options there are compared to a pro league -- and how the draft isn't all that important in the scheme of things with the waiver wire availability of badasses...

And I'm fine with Thursday

Quaoarsking
08-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Remember, Johnny Manziel stands head and shoulders above the rest of the SEC for fantasy points by a single player. But if we include all 10 conferences, we can all have someone to put up that many points.

I played SEC-only fantasy football in 2007, drafted Tim Tebow, and went 13-0 without having to really try. It really took the fun out of the league for everyone.

engie
08-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Remember, Johnny Manziel stands head and shoulders above the rest of the SEC for fantasy points by a single player. But if we include all 10 conferences, we can all have someone to put up that many points.

I played SEC-only fantasy football in 2007, drafted Tim Tebow, and went 13-0 without having to really try. It really took the fun out of the league for everyone.

Exactly

CadaverDawg
08-19-2013, 11:41 PM

Hadn't thought about that. So, how many conferences are you guys thinking? Wouldn't the SEC, ACC, Big12, and Pac12 give us enough? Or should we include Big10, Big East, and others? I just hate the thought of losing to a guy that picked up the Stetson QB because he is playing against Colgate and they have 3 girls and a 60 year old retired veteran as their pass defense. As long as it is somewhat popular conferences, I'm cool with it

engie
08-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Hadn't thought about that. So, how many conferences are you guys thinking? Wouldn't the SEC, ACC, Big12, and Pac12 give us enough? Or should we include Big10, Big East, and others? I just hate the thought of losing to a guy that picked up the Stetson QB because he is playing against Colgate and they have 3 girls and a 60 year old retired veteran as their pass defense. As long as it is somewhat popular conferences, I'm cool with it

That's FCS and wouldn't be added...

Talking about MAC, Sun Belt, CUSA, American, Mountain West, Pac, B1G, Big12, ACC, and SEC...All really, really easy to keep up with on CBS's(and others') fantasy stat trackers...

The MAC is where the fun is... Honestly...

Political Hack
08-20-2013, 07:19 AM
I was honestly looking fwd to caring about Hud's games on Tuesdays.

We could make the Sunbelt, MAC, and CUSA much more fun to watch.

bulldogsmsu
08-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Ok it sounds like the league wants a larger pool of players. Right now I have it set at SEC/ACC/Big 12/Big 10/MAC. That gives us 55 teams and a pool of the smaller schools for the wild card plays of the week. If we have 12 team league you should be able to find any match up you like with that many teams to chose from. Also need a few more things.

1. I need everyone to sign up ASAP. We currently have 7 players signed up. I will need to put the final number of teams in the system so it can create the schedules. So get on everyone you know who is suppose to join and make them sign up. If you are having trouble shoot me a private message with your email and I will email you an invitation directly from the league website.
2. It sounds like most everyone is ok with the draft time. If we need to move it to Tuesday 8/27/13 that would be a possibility also. If everyone is ok with it being Thursday 8/22/13 i would rather keep it there. Oh course games start on Thursday 8/29. 9 more days!!! Single digits.
3. I think the scoring should be fine. I set it up just like most all fantasy leagues. 10 yards rushing or recieving = 1 point. 6 points for rushing or recieving TD, etc, etc

First things first GET SIGNED UP!!

Quaoarsking
08-21-2013, 06:26 PM
We need 1 more to sign up. 11 is an awful number.

Political Hack
08-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Tusk was going to play, but he hasn't posted today that I've seen.

bulldogsmsu
08-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Hopefully we get one more. If not I can always create another team and let the computer pick the team and that will at least balance out the schedule. Hack didn't you have someone else who wanted to play? Still haven't heard from Tusk.

Political Hack
08-21-2013, 08:38 PM
yeah, check your PM. not sure if you already added him though.

I want to give Tusk a chance to chime in but can probably find a replacement if I have a few hours to get them ready for the draft.

Quaoarsking
08-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Draft is at 8 PM tonight and still only 11 members. Gotta have 1 more...

Political Hack
08-22-2013, 08:08 AM
where the hell did Tusk go? if he'd let us know we'd know whether to find a replacement.

TuH......UuuuuuuuuSK, where you at?

Quaoarsking
08-22-2013, 08:11 AM
where the hell did Tusk go? if he'd let us know we'd know whether to find a replacement.

TuH......UuuuuuuuuSK, where you at?

He's had plenty of time. At this point the spot should be for whomever wants it, first come, first served.

Political Hack
08-22-2013, 09:30 AM
I think someone's already said they'd take it.

bulldogsmsu can explain, but we've got 12. See y'all at the draft.

Quaoarsking
08-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Still only 11 in the league. Somebody's gotta join, or we'll have a terrible unbalanced schedule with bye weeks.

bulldogsmsu
08-22-2013, 06:05 PM
I am at dinner will be back in a bit. If someone doesn't mind create another team. We can let it auto draft. You can create two teams under one account.

engie
08-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Damn, I forgot all about this being tonight and only have access from an iPhone... Guess I'm auto drafting and will use waivers to "fix" it

Coach34
08-22-2013, 07:01 PM
whats the info? I can help out if one is needed

Political Hack
08-22-2013, 07:08 PM
your in C34. I'll send the league info to you.