PDA

View Full Version : Listening to OUT OF BOUNDS, you have to check your Brain at the door

cheewgumm
02-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Specifically, listening to him and Tom Luginbill talk about how Baylor and Ole Miss are now elite recruiters, and how their evaluation is so great.

That's the problem with college athletics. You have to just pretend the big Pink Elephant in the room is not there. It's just insulting to intelligence. I guess this is what happens when "everyone cheats". It's just ignorant.

"Wow, Hugh Freeze is such a great recruiter."

Riiiiigggghhhhhhtttt

TrapGame
02-05-2016, 12:42 PM
As long as the NCAA has ole miss in the cross hairs everything recruiting should be followed by a disclaimer.

TUSK
02-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Someone summoned me?

MetEdDawg
02-05-2016, 12:47 PM
They aren't great evaluators. They are great at finding ways to get highly recruited guys. Not everyone can do that, but go find me teams that don't win when they recruit well. Winning after getting a bunch of top rated guys should be a given. We on the other hand are phenomenal evaluators. We can take overlooked kids and turn them into NFL draftees better than anyone in the country. And we are still competitive and got to #1 in the country doing that. That is being a great recruiter. Ability to evaluate the kid, develop them into a contibutor, then send them to the NFL is elite level recruiting. And there aren't many people in the country who can do that, especially at the rate we do.

Banks, Slay, Preston Smith, McKinney, Dak, Chris Jones, Ryan Brown, Bear Wilson, Calhoun. All of these guys at one point were either a 2 or 3 star at the end of their recruiting or didn't have any good D1 offers besides us at some point during their senior year. All of these guys have been or will be drafted. And there are more coming. Brandon Bryant, JT Gray, Clayborn, and others will have a chance to go to the NFL.

Thick
02-05-2016, 12:53 PM
You guys cannot ride Bounds for telling the truth as it currently stands. HF loves recruiting, embraces it, and is very aggressive with top prospects regardless of what schools are involved. There's an NCAA investigation into the program from the previous staff and maybe involving this staff, but until that investigation proves that cheating is taking place, Bounds and any other media representative would be stupid to say otherwise.

RougeDawg
02-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Exactly. Bucky has to recruit SEC\NFL ready players to win. The major downside to this is relying on star rankings which could be inaccurate, resulting in busts (many of which have occurred in oxford) and losing seasons. That 13 class only had 2-3 of their highly touted signees actually contribute. They got lucky with contribution from some of their 3* guys. Just doing a quick search of their last 4 classes and only looking at 4* and higher guys, they've only had around 12-15 actually contribute on the field. And they have been signing top 15 classes just about every year. Proof is in the pudding and Bucky has to get lucky to continue winning, because he can not develop players. Period.

RougeDawg
02-05-2016, 12:56 PM
You guys cannot ride Bounds for telling the truth as it currently stands. HF loves recruiting, embraces it, and is very aggressive with top prospects regardless of what schools are involved. There's an NCAA investigation into the program from the previous staff and maybe involving this staff, but until that investigation proves that cheating is taking place, Bounds and any other media representative would be stupid to say otherwise.

But the fact is, no brain bounds and others aren't even mentioning what is common public knowledge, THAT THERE IS A LETTER AND RULES HAVE BEEN BROKEN. That won't even talk about it and that is what people are saying.

Liverpooldawg
02-05-2016, 12:58 PM

I wish they had taken that approach when the NCAA was after JWS.

Dawgowar
02-05-2016, 01:02 PM
In the words of one of my favorite Infantry Brigade commanders. "They're Assholes and they suck moose cock" And that man was an honor grad from West Point.

RougeDawg
02-05-2016, 01:03 PM
In the words of one of my favorite Infantry Brigade commanders. "They're Assholes and they suck moose cock" And that man was an honor grad from West Point.

They'd suck any and as many cocks possible if they thought it would give their crootin class a boost.

Dawgowar
02-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Sad but true. Sad but true.

Thick
02-05-2016, 01:32 PM
But the fact is, no brain bounds and others aren't even mentioning what is common public knowledge, THAT THERE IS A LETTER AND RULES HAVE BEEN BROKEN. That won't even talk about it and that is what people are saying.

Rouge, I agree that he could at least mention that, but the story has been deflected to Nutt by the media so well to this point that it would make him look like a complete MSU homer to mention Freeze yet.

Joe Schmedlap
02-05-2016, 03:43 PM

People coast to coast are unwilling to have a "willing suspension of disbelief" concerning Ole Miss football recruiting. Everyone except the most deluded rebellious black bear fan knows something illegal is happening. Ole Miss admittedly cheats on track and field, women's basketball, and Parcheesi. Yet no one is supposed to call them out on their football recruiting? Puhleeze.

maroonmania
02-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Rouge, I agree that he could at least mention that, but the story has been deflected to Nutt by the media so well to this point that it would make him look like a complete MSU homer to mention Freeze yet.

The media may be in the hip pocket of the OM spin machine but as I talk around to random folks in other SEC fanbases, and I'm talking AL, GA, Aub, TN, etc., they all to a man KNOW that OM is cheating at breakneck speed. Yes, everyone is cheating if they are trying to compete, but most understand the difference between going 5 to 10 miles/hr over the speed limit and going 40 miles/hr over the limit. The attractiveness of the OM program is nowhere in line with the type of recruits they are hauling in currently, MANY from multiple states away from the OM campus where they are beating out in state tradition rich programs.