PDA

View Full Version : When do the stories trashing Steve Robertson start?

cheewgumm
02-05-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm expecting stories that states something like :"Miss State beat write opens FOIA request - sour grapes."

A lot of "This is just Miss State whining" type stuff.

I predict we get that from :

CL
Barrett Sallee
Ed Ashcroff
Bruce Feldman

and others.

PassInterference
02-05-2016, 11:59 AM
http://www.salem-news.com/stimg/october152012/messenger.jpg

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2016, 12:02 PM
That's fine. I think the more they ridicule him the deeper he will dig in and fight. They gloves they are off now.

RougeDawg
02-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Speaking of Asschaps why don't we start calling him out more and bring him down? I do it as much as possible but we need more of the same. He is a Bearshart mouthpiece and one of the main ESPN guys who kept their "13 class" narrative rolling.

Liverpooldawg
02-05-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm expecting stories that states something like :"Miss State beat write opens FOIA request - sour grapes."

A lot of "This is just Miss State whining" type stuff.

I predict we get that from :

CL
Barrett Sallee
Ed Ashcroff
Bruce Feldman

and others.

Don't forget Parrish Alford at the Daily Journal.

Political Hack
02-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Both of those guys must've missed their "ethics in journalism" elective.

99% sure they'll try to have Steve fired from scout over this.

Dawgowar
02-05-2016, 01:31 PM

Ethics in journalism. Is that like "Virtue for Hookers"?

the59dawg
02-05-2016, 01:45 PM

I;m betting 2 things:
(1 Steve talked with Gene before he did this and maybe even Scout.
(2 Gene has Steve's back

gtowndawg
02-05-2016, 01:48 PM
I;m betting 2 things:
(2 Gene has Steve's back

If we can't unite and back Steve over this, than I give up. He will take the lead and get the heck beat out of him. He has to know the Bulldog family is behind him.

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 01:51 PM

More like "Chasity for Hookers"

Fred Garvin
02-05-2016, 02:00 PM
Speaking of Asschaps why don't we start calling him out more and bring him down? I do it as much as possible but we need more of the same. He is a Bearshart mouthpiece and one of the main ESPN guys who kept their "13 class" narrative rolling.

Don't count on any ESPN "writer" to dive into this. ESPN has a conflict of interest. They have paid millions to promote the SEC. They are not going to bell the cat.

Political Hack
02-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Don't count on any ESPN "writer" to dive into this. ESPN has a conflict of interest. They have paid millions to promote the SEC. They are not going to bell the cat.

Totally agree. National media has ties to SEC. Finebaum is a mouthpiece there and even he knows not to go there. The CL is a joke of an outlet that's dying and can't die fast enough IMO. The media won't touch this. Even when it comes out they won't. They went after State for days on an issue surrounding a single recruit but don't think wide ranging academic fraud across multiple sports programs involving an associate athletics director is a big time deal? Lmao.

FoxSports1 is about to leave the amateur hour station in the dust with this type of crap.

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Totally agree. National media has ties to SEC. Finebaum is a mouthpiece there and even he knows not to go there. The CL is a joke of an outlet that's dying and can't die fast enough IMO. The media won't touch this. Even when it comes out they won't. They went after State for days on an issue surrounding a single recruit but don't think wide ranging academic fraud across multiple sports programs involving an associate athletics director is a big time deal? Lmao.

FoxSports1 is about to leave the amateur hour station in the dust with this type of crap.

I agree with a lot of that. But I think Finebaum is setting them up. He has been at this too long and has flipped on Bama and Auburn a lot over the years. He knows a lot more of what's coming down the pike. When he gets something coming out that he can run with, he will be "shocked" that Freeze and UNM are involved in such things. I think he loves turning on schools and burning down people's playhouses. The only story better than a rags to riches feel good story, is the destruction of that same story because of scandal.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-05-2016, 02:23 PM

Won't work. Poor ole Gene won't even know it's going on. He will be like "why you bothering me at the humane society".

Hunkaburningdawg
02-05-2016, 05:55 PM
If we can't unite and back Steve over this, than I give up. He will take the lead and get the heck beat out of him. He has to know the Bulldog family is behind him.

"Unite the Clans"!

MSUDawg99
02-05-2016, 05:58 PM

Good thing he doesn't work for Scout. He works for Gene, cause I had that same thought.

Billy Ray Valentine
02-05-2016, 06:00 PM
I;m betting 2 things:
(2 Gene has Steve's back

(3 Steve is spot on

MSUDawg99
02-05-2016, 06:03 PM
I;m betting 2 things:

He did

(2 Gene has Steve's back

He does

lastmajordog
02-05-2016, 07:38 PM

BEEEUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But why would you degrade hookers by putting them on a journalist or lawyer level??

yjnkdawg
02-05-2016, 11:05 PM

If they do try that, it is cowardly, hateful, and the lowest thing they could do. If football is that important to them, then they need to take a reality check or get some psychiatric help. That goes for any fanbase. Of course it wouldn't be surprising, because that bunch thinks their football program walks on water.

gravedigger
02-06-2016, 12:21 AM
Won't work. Poor ole Gene won't even know it's going on. He will be like "why you bothering me at the humane society".

Wrong. Start overwhile you r at it, explain why you know about recruiting more than anyone else.

sandwolf
02-06-2016, 01:15 AM
Good thing he doesn't work for Scout. He works for Gene, cause I had that same thought.

Correct. Scout can't fire Steve, just like they can't fire Yancy. I suppose they could end their relationship with Genes Page, but obviously they would not do that.

Political Hack
02-06-2016, 11:23 AM
If they do try that, it is cowardly, hateful, and the lowest thing they could do. If football is that important to them, then they need to take a reality check or get some psychiatric help. That goes for any fanbase. Of course it wouldn't be surprising, because that bunch thinks their football program walks on water.

They do it to every beat writer. They run them all off. That's why you don't see respected guys like Rick Cleveland covering them for the span of their career. They know they're limited in what they can write. Hell, even Veazy at the Commercial Appeal couldn't get backing to go after them when they refused to respond to a FOIA request. He's now covering politics... REASSIGNED!!!! Blevins already got fired over this too. It's what they do. If you don't play ball, they will come after you and apparently they're very effective at doing it.

That's why they hate this site so much. Can't censor us! We're going to tell everyone what we know and the CL, Commercial Appeal, and Daily Journal can't stop us from doing it... But they aren't going to pick up the story either. There's a significant chance that Ole Miss goes on serious probation and the CL doesn't even report it. Their fans are going to be so confused why they won 8 games and aren't going to a bowl.

Spiderman
02-06-2016, 11:31 AM
I;m betting 2 things:
(2 Gene has Steve's back

Gene having my back, in anything, wouldn't make me a very confident SOB in my backup.

Bubb Rubb
02-06-2016, 11:34 AM

I guarantee you that Rosebowl isn't just putting his neck on the line here. He would be doing this only under the following assurances:

- He has the backing of his employer
- He has the backing of MSU
- He knows without fail what is in that letter and what's coming to Ole Miss
- He has some cigar boy backing

There is more to this than a pissed off Scout reporter going after Ole Miss. I think he has an organization behind him. And I say it's about time. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Coach34
02-06-2016, 12:47 PM
I guarantee you that Rosebowl isn't just putting his neck on the line here. He would be doing this only under the following assurances:

- He has the backing of his employer
- He has the backing of MSU
- He knows without fail what is in that letter and what's coming to Ole Miss
- He has some cigar boy backing

There is more to this than a pissed off Scout reporter going after Ole Miss. I think he has an organization behind him. And I say it's about time. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Exactly Bubb. This is much more than Rosebowl vs OM. THATS why the OM people are so pissed.

starkvegasdawg
02-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Bears are starting to let their true nature come out now. They're calling Steve a coke head and insenuating that's why he's going after them.

the59dawg
02-06-2016, 12:57 PM

I am. Hmmm, maybe a couple of billboards would turn up the volume.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-06-2016, 01:03 PM
they getting nervous

the59dawg
02-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Exactly Bubb. This is much more than Rosebowl vs OM. THATS why the OM people are so pissed.

Can you put a broad or loose fence around "much more"?

Dawgfan61
02-06-2016, 05:36 PM
But but but its only secondary and self reported violations. Shouldnt bother them that Rosebowl wants to see the NOA.

OurState
02-06-2016, 06:51 PM
They do it to every beat writer. They run them all off. That's why you don't see respected guys like Rick Cleveland covering them for the span of their career. They know they're limited in what they can write. Hell, even Veazy at the Commercial Appeal couldn't get backing to go after them when they refused to respond to a FOIA request. He's now covering politics... REASSIGNED!!!! Blevins already got fired over this too. It's what they do. If you don't play ball, they will come after you and apparently they're very effective at doing it.

That's why they hate this site so much. Can't censor us! We're going to tell everyone what we know and the CL, Commercial Appeal, and Daily Journal can't stop us from doing it... But they aren't going to pick up the story either. There's a significant chance that Ole Miss goes on serious probation and the CL doesn't even report it. Their fans are going to be so confused why they won 8 games and aren't going to a bowl.

I think you may be confusing apples and oranges. My understanding is that beat writer is an entry level position at which no one stays long. People move up or move on. Columnist is a prestige position with less work and more range. Rick was the columnist.

Beat writers rarely stay.

Dawgowar
02-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Blevins appears to have left journalism. When letter number two drops I would lay odds he is going to be sought to pile on. Sports journey have an overhyped sense of importance to begin with. When this story becomes relevant to them they will want to feature the wrong done to one of their own.

sbcmortgageman
02-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Everyone of you should support Steve. He knows what he's up against and knows what cards he is holding.