PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl's full statement

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2016, 10:01 AM
As you are aware, I have been very open about the existence of an on going NCAA investigation at the University of Mississippi. While some have been critical of me for my willingness to discuss the matter, I feel it is a matter that impacts the landscape of college football in the state of Mississippi.

For reasons unknown to me, the in-state media by and large has elected to take a pass on this important news story. Most of them have essentially walked in lock step with the talking points of the Ole Miss narrative without question.

I was contacted over two years ago about the ACT issues being investigated regarding David Saunders, Ginny Crager and the allegations made regarding the supervision of the testing center there in Wayne County. I am not going to get into all of the specific allegations, but some of them have now surfaced in the Louisiana-Lafayette NCAA file.

In October of 2014, I was contacted by a friend in Tupelo who caught wind of a neighbor of his being interviewed face to face by the NCAA regarding some potential recruiting violations. Two weeks later, I learned the same NCAA investigator had interviewed folks in and around Jackson.

It was clear this was more than just a fire drill deal.

I tried in vain twice to pass this story along to the Clarion Ledger, because I felt it was really more in their scope of journalism. They had little interest in the story despite the facts. I was recently told that they simply "had too much on their plate". The state's largest newspaper with all of their resources was too busy.

Over the course of the past year, I have not run from discussion about this investigation. I have been criticized and told that I should hold quiet. I will not. What I have said, am saying and will continue to say is true. I have had my integrity called into question over this issue and some have essentially dared me to prove my claims. I have taken steps to do that.

On January 15th, on my direction my attorney prepared a Mississippi Open Records Act Request for the general legal counsel of the University of Mississippi, Lee Tyner. This request was filed on January 16th.

On January 26th, the University of Mississippi legal counsel responded to my request and agreed to provide some of the documents requested. Many of the documents requested involve the current NCAA investigation. According the the Freedom of Information Act, if anyone on that campus has the documents I have requested, then they are bound by the law to provide them.

While I suspect most of the sensitive documents will likely be withheld, we are prepared to pursue legal remedy to obtain them.

The University of Mississippi had 14 business days from the date of my request to supply the documents. Friday the 5th is the final day for the University to comply. I followed up today and found that the person handling my request is out of the office until Monday. I was asked to agree to release those documents next week. I have agreed to that request.

I sent a second request to the University of Mississippi on January 23rd requesting any NCAA Notice of Allegations received by the University during the calendar year 2016. I have not heard back on that request, so I assume it will be addressed along with the University's release next week.

Some will ask why I would take these steps. First of all, I will say that I am only going to be called a liar so many times. I knew that I was right and much of the Forde article released last week confirms what I have shared, but there is more to come. Ole Miss AD Ross Bjork has now acknowledged the receipt of the Notice of Allegations, so there is no longer any question about the existence of the probe or that the situation has risen to the level of allegations being levied by the NCAA.

I am also more than a little tired of people sitting on this story and turning a blind eye to it.

Finally, I am not Riley Blevins and I will not be run off. How he was treated was absolutely shameful. There is a part of me that feels like somebody needed to finish the deal, so that all he had to endure meant something to somebody beyond himself. The truth is the truth no matter how you slice it and frankly I think it's time we all got the truth rather this bill of goods they keep selling us.

I am prepared for whatever the next step may be. I am sure this will be a bumpy ride and that there will be people who try to silence me and I am prepared for that. I will not be intimidated or treated less than for wanting the truth to be known.

I will keep you posted.

Dawgbite
02-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Give them hell Steve. It's past time.

mic
02-05-2016, 10:09 AM
If any Bulldog fan still gets this bullshit paper .. You need to stop.. And let them know why you are.. No clue why you haven't already ..

Political Hack
02-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Exactly. Any bulldog still buying that paper is a damn trader. Wrap yourself in red and blue and whistle Dixie while you read it.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2016, 10:15 AM
I found it funny in Rosebowl's statement that he Ole Miss person handling his request is out of the office today.

What are the odds that she comes back on Monday? My guess is that she'll be "unavailable" for some time.

msstate7
02-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Exactly. Any bulldog still buying that paper is a damn trader. Wrap yourself in red and blue and whistle Dixie while you read it.

I don't get the CL, but I can see wanting it if you live in the Jackson area or were from there. I get my local paper and never even read the sports section.

spbdawg
02-05-2016, 10:19 AM
#

chef dixon
02-05-2016, 10:22 AM
I'm sure the network is concocting a plan to eliminate Rosebowl off the face of the earth.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2016, 10:24 AM
He's technically entitled to the records even if personnel is out of the office today.....because it's his public record. He shouldn't have waive his right by allowing the request to roll into next week. Make some other attorney or anyone in that office produce the document.

It could be a strategy by Rosebowl to get the info released on Monday rather than Friday. Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning would be a great time

Dawgface
02-05-2016, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't let my dog $hit on the CL's paper. His poops are worthy of a better resting place.

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Just a theory. They pushed Steve off because they had already planned what and when they were going to release documents themselves. What looks better to the public? Releasing documents on their own or forced to release them. Or CL was getting the documents to "write" the spin UNM wants written.

BulldogDX55
02-05-2016, 10:33 AM
I will subscribe to Scout for one month just as a thank you if Steve gets us some juicy info.

missouridawg
02-05-2016, 10:34 AM
I will subscribe to Scout for one month just as a thank you if Steve gets us some juicy info.

I likely will too. Get elbow deep Steve.

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2016, 10:37 AM
He's technically entitled to the records even if personnel is out of the office today.....because it's his public record. He shouldn't have waive his right by allowing the request to roll into next week. Make some other attorney or anyone in that office produce the document.

I have a feeling that was just him going the extra mile to be civil about this. Something tells me that if by Monday they are still stonewalling he will cease being nice and it will go something like this:

http://blog.hole19golf.com/content/images/2014/Aug/Marsellus-Wallace.jpg

jumbo
02-05-2016, 10:37 AM
I will subscribe to Scout for one year just as a thank you if Steve gets us some juicy info.

gtowndawg
02-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Indeed. Subscribe to show support.

Subscribe to scout to support rosebowl. Not the CL. Get rid of that garbage.

GreenheadDawg
02-05-2016, 10:40 AM
If any Bulldog fan still gets this bullshit paper .. You need to stop.. And let them know why you are.. No clue why you haven't already ..

My dad cancelled several years ago and they asked him why and he said because I'm a State fan and I don't want to read about Ole Miss everyday

Jack Lambert
02-05-2016, 10:44 AM
It must really be bad stuff if Ole Miss is fighting it this hard. I can still post on Bafoom and when the shit goes down I am going to let them have it. I have not been over there in months and have not posted in years and when it goes down I am going to rub their noses in the shit.

Maroonthirteen
02-05-2016, 10:44 AM
I'm sure the network is concocting a plan to eliminate Rosebowl off the face of the earth.

Rosey bout to get P A I D!!! (To STFU) Them croots will be jealous.

Maroonthirteen
02-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Those lawyers have no plans to comply. Monday will be another excuse. They may very well file a motion themselves to deny him the info on some technicality.

basedog
02-05-2016, 10:47 AM
This made me laugh but it's pretty typical of TSUN:

Opie

It is imminently clear . . . . . .

that SR has no knowledge of anything related to the current staff other than the Tunsil matter. Otherwise, he would have stated it prior to NSD. Everyone is aware that Saunders worked for OM under Nutt and that Nutt wanted him promoted to a much higher paying position which Boone refused to do. Saunders was essentially forced out by Boone and then sued OM for breach of contract. I believe there was a subsequent settlement of that matter.

Was Saunders involved in getting ineligible prospects cleared while at OM? Was he responsible for getting prospects from other SEC schools cleared? If so, what are the penalties. Probably not much when compared to the ULL situation.

SR is extremely hopeful there is something, anything, that can be linked to the current staff. He sees what any blind man can see and that is that there is no comparison between Freeze's and Mullen's recruiting. In his mind, there must be a reason other than the abilities of the two head coaches and their staffs.

The NCAA has been digging for 2 to 3 years trying to find something. Note SR's reference to interviews with Tupelo neighbors and Jackson "folks." If there are recent violations, the NCAA will find them. If there are none and the penalties are light, it will be interesting to see where SR will turn next. If there are major violations by the current coaches, everyone will know soon as a response must be filed within 90 days of receipt of the letter.

ScoobaDawg
02-05-2016, 10:48 AM

More than that. We need to STOP WITH ALL Reading.
No CLICKING on ANY LINKS for the CL. DO NOT READ THAT TRASH.

ScoobaDawg
02-05-2016, 10:50 AM
I found it funny in Rosebowl's statement that he Ole Miss person handling his request is out of the office today.

What are the odds that she comes back on Monday? My guess is that she'll be "unavailable" for some time.

Oh Indeed planned but, that tactic won't work long. Now does it give them more time to hide things and force Steve's lawyer to work more.. Yep... They know how to play the game.

ScoobaDawg
02-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Just a theory. They pushed Steve off because they had already planned what and when they were going to release documents themselves. What looks better to the public? Releasing documents on their own or forced to release them. Or CL was getting the documents to "write" the spin UNM wants written.

Great point too... give it to CL for the release and they control it and what is put out. Steve gets told it's released.. if its not a full release Steves lawyer has to put in more work.

TrapGame
02-05-2016, 10:57 AM

Opie

that SR has no knowledge of anything related to the current staff other than the Tunsil matter. Otherwise, he would have stated it prior to NSD. Everyone is aware that Saunders worked for OM under Nutt and that Nutt wanted him promoted to a much higher paying position which Boone refused to do. Saunders was essentially forced out by Boone and then sued OM for breach of contract. I believe there was a subsequent settlement of that matter.

Was Saunders involved in getting ineligible prospects cleared while at OM? Was he responsible for getting prospects from other SEC schools cleared? If so, what are the penalties. Probably not much when compared to the ULL situation.

SR is extremely hopeful there is something, anything, that can be linked to the current staff. He sees what any blind man can see and that is that there is no comparison between Freeze's and Mullen's recruiting. In his mind, there must be a reason other than the abilities of the two head coaches and their staffs.

The NCAA has been digging for 2 to 3 years trying to find something. Note SR's reference to interviews with Tupelo neighbors and Jackson "folks." If there are recent violations, the NCAA will find them. If there are none and the penalties are light, it will be interesting to see where SR will turn next. If there are major violations by the current coaches, everyone will know soon as a response must be filed within 90 days of receipt of the letter.

If there were nothing to this Steve would not have had to push for a FOIA. The CL would have been shouting it from the rooftops and the MS television media would have had it as lead stories at 6 and 10.

These m'fers are squirming like child molesters that just got caught and are hoping the kids don't say anything.

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2016, 11:02 AM
It must really be bad stuff if Ole Miss is fighting it this hard. I can still post on Bafoom and when the shit goes down I am going to let them have it. I have not been over there in months and have not posted in years and when it goes down I am going to rub their noses in the shit.

Better get it out all in one post and then screen shot it because you will be immediately banned and the thread deleted.

klong-dog
02-05-2016, 11:04 AM
I have a good feeling someone will be challenging Steve in a cage match here soon, if not already. No (***) needed because nothing would shock me with those weirdos.

Political Hack
02-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Rosey bout to get P A I D!!! (To STFU) Them croots will be jealous.

For all his faults and as much personal disdain I have for him due to his irresponsibility handling information and advising people to trash me (and jn turn the football program), I do not think he'd fold for money from them.

shannondawg
02-05-2016, 11:16 AM
I hope the Cl reads this, their excuse now is that they don't have the resources necessary to conduct an investigation. thats BS,

Incidentally why is Steve called Rosebowl?

Jack Lambert
02-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Better get it out all in one post and then screen shot it because you will be immediately banned and the thread deleted.

I don't read that board anyways but I will feel good for a moment or two.

Mjoelner34
02-05-2016, 11:22 AM

Opie

that SR has no knowledge of anything related to the current staff other than the Tunsil matter.

Dear Opie. I'm pretty sure he knows about Bo Scarborough and his 4 game suspension due to recruiting shenanigans NOT caused by Alabama. I'm damn sure he also remembers Chris Jones getting interviewed about his recruitment and the NCAA telling MSU that it did not involve them. I don't think Reverend Houston Nutt had anything to do with these recruits. I do believe they were both 'recruited' under the tenure of Shaman Hugh Freeze.

Hunkaburningdawg
02-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Everyone needs to send nasty tweets to the CL and their cheesy writers.

blacklistedbully
02-05-2016, 11:27 AM
IMO, Steve should enlist the help of an investigative news agency not owned by Gannett, as the CL is. What could make this a HUGE national story that would make things A LOT worse for UNM is if another news agency makes a big expose about the coverup by The CL and Mississippi politicos, etc.

Tie in the corruption of Mississippi politics and justice system and you have the makings of a big story. THAT would grab national headlines and perhaps escalate the investigation of UNM.

Wouldn't surprise me if Riley Blevins would cheerfully provide testimony.

StThierry
02-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Hell if anyone links an article from CL they should be banned.

blacklistedbully
02-05-2016, 11:37 AM
For all his faults and as much personal disdain I have for him due to his irresponsibility handling information and advising people to trash me (and jn turn the football program), I do not think he'd fold for money from them.

Just in case, since we know UNM has deep pockets, perhaps someone should reach out to our cigar boys in advance and tell Rosey he will be covered if any attempt to buy him out is documented and turned over to them for use against UNM.

UNM can threaten or try to buy Rosey off. It sounds like Steve has the balls to not be intimidated. It would be good if we could somehow eliminate any temptation to be bought off. This is not to say I think Steve would do that, just that I don't know, yet I do know we could be talking about a pretty big windfall. If their cigar boys are willing to spend $3 million + to buy recruits, what might they be willing to pay in an attempt to avoid massive exposure?

Coach34
02-05-2016, 11:40 AM
Rosey wont be bought off. He is on a mission

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 11:53 AM

I agree. I applaud him for going hard after this. It's a perfect example of what we have discussed in relation to Steve's priorities but it helps us in this case.

Commercecomet24
02-05-2016, 11:54 AM
We should completely boycott the cl. I quit reading it years ago. We shouldn't click, link, read or even view it telepathically! I hate em and will celebrate the day the cl closes its doors. Steve does not always do the right thing by us but I support him in this, hope he brings the house of cards down! You know there scared as hell in Oxford by the fact they're putting him off. Somebody is worried! I can't wait to see freeze crying ala jimmy Swaggart!

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Incidentally why is Steve called Rosebowl?

In 2001, he predicted us going to the National Championship game which was held that year at the Rose Bowl. Needless to say we fell well short of that prediction.

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2016, 12:06 PM

He's on a mission and it's the bears' fault he is on that mission I believe. He has been insulted, ridiculed, laughed at, and told he's outright lying more times than Shepard Smith has manned the glory hole in the men's room of a seedy gay bar. I think he's had enough of his integrity being questioned and is now fighting back.

Bothrops
02-05-2016, 12:08 PM
I don't care if Rosebowl knows what exactly is going or not. Whatever is it, it's flagrant. Otherwise, Hugh Freeze would have to be the best recruiter in the history of sports and sales.

Liverpooldawg
02-05-2016, 12:12 PM

It wouldn't surprise me to see it dumped late this afternoon or tomorrow morning by the CL, with appropriate spin of course.

Op4isabitch
02-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Can some of you guys that are good at the Twitter send this to Alabama, Arkansas, Florida and Tennessee newspaper sports editors. This needs to be sent to papers of surrounding states, they will dig harder than anybody to bring Ole Miss down. Even more than national outlets because it will help them with circulation and website visits.

blacklistedbully
02-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Can some of you guys that are good at the Twitter send this to Alabama, Arkansas, Florida and Tennessee newspaper sports editors. This needs to be sent to papers of surrounding states, they will dig harder than anybody to bring Ole Miss down. Even more than national outlets because it will help them with circulation and website visits.

How about The Times Picayune out of NOLA? No love lost for UNM in La., and that paper is not part of Gannett.

elitedawgs
02-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Those lawyers have no plans to comply. Monday will be another excuse. They may very well file a motion themselves to deny him the info on some technicality.

Minor problem with that - state law says 14 business days. It doesn't say "cool if your primary FOIA officer is on vacation", it says you have 14 business days. If the FOIA officer does not have a response postmarked today, they have much bigger problems to deal with.

Get your popcorn.

blacklistedbully
02-05-2016, 12:26 PM
We should also forward it to Pat Forde.

mstatefan91
02-05-2016, 12:30 PM
We should also forward it to Pat Forde.

This is the better plan. Forde won't let it just go idly by

C222
02-05-2016, 12:31 PM

Clay Travis
Deadspin
Dan Wolken
Pat Forde

Op4isabitch
02-05-2016, 12:31 PM
I'm not a savy Twitter user but I'd "shotgun" it to every media outlet I could think of, someone will pick up on it.

Bama_Dawg
02-05-2016, 12:37 PM
This just spotted outside of Lee Tyner's law office:

http://cdn4.explainthatstuff.com/papershredded.jpg

I'll guarantee they are getting rid of any evidence over the weekend. Steve's first mistake was giving them extra time. I hope he gets the documents he wants, but I fear that OM has too much influence in MS. Especially the media and the justice system.

spbdawg
02-05-2016, 12:39 PM
#

spbdawg
02-05-2016, 12:45 PM
#

Bama_Dawg
02-05-2016, 12:48 PM
But the problem is Steve agreed to let them release it next week. I'm sure the conversation was recorded, and if it went before a judge (probably an OM grad anyway) no penalties would be given.

Swami Dawg
02-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Mr. Steve Robertson will for to now be known as Roseman.

Roseman is for to being Hero to MSU.

http://s15.postimg.org/709a3ba4b/steve_robertson_hero.jpg

Quote from wikipedia on Roseman:

"RoseMan is the alter-ego of Steve Robertson, a mild mannered reporter, who is driven to fight for justice after witnessing the horrendous recruiting methods used by the University of Mississippi . Unlike most superheroes, he does not possess any superhuman powers or abilities; he makes use of intellect, detective skills, and technology. While a devoted believer in right and justice, Roseman has a dark side, and sometimes teeters on the line between justice and vengeance."

spbdawg
02-05-2016, 12:58 PM
#

was21
02-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Pure bush league response by UNM

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 01:08 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swami Dawg

Excellent all around with the hello kitty (y'all shut up! I have girls!)

Political Hack
02-05-2016, 01:11 PM
If they withhold any information it's going to end up costing them A LOT of money, but not nearly as much as this last hurrah' of a recruiting class did.

Op4isabitch
02-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Well it appears that Bama fans have a hold of this thread! I See them tweeting them to a lot of sports writers.
Pete Thamel and Skarbinsky are a couple I've seen this tweeted to.

GumpDawg
02-05-2016, 02:25 PM
One thing to keep in mind with Rosie vs OM compared to a national writer is that for all his flaws (and at times questionable sources) Steve has waaaay more back story and facts about certain recruitments of kids than the national guys do. He also probably is being fed info from Louisiana on the ULL investigation due to his past contacts down there. All this probably has the Bears a little more puckered up because he can provide a lot more detail to what events lead to the violations. Agree he needs to team up with Forde or Wolken to feed them details they may not know outside the NOA. Steve-o has rattled the cage and I applaud him. I for one see this as a little kick to the nuts of the bear faithful after what they did to Jackie, and Steve is returning the favor by digging up their shit. Well played Rosebowl.

blacklistedbully
02-05-2016, 02:40 PM
One thing to keep in mind with Rosie vs OM compared to a national writer is that for all his flaws (and at times questionable sources) Steve has waaaay more back story and facts about certain recruitments of kids than the national guys do. He also probably is being fed info from Louisiana on the ULL investigation due to his past contacts down there. All this probably has the Bears a little more puckered up because he can provide a lot more detail to what events lead to the violations. Agree he needs to team up with Forde or Wolken to feed them details they may not know outside the NOA. Steve-o has rattled the cage and I applaud him. I for one see this as a little kick to the nuts of the bear faithful after what they did to Jackie, and Steve is returning the favor by digging up their shit. Well played Rosebowl.

Remember The Kang!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-05-2016, 02:55 PM
It is on TigerDroppings as well but it was brought to attention by an Ole Miss fan strangely.

DLGDawg
02-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Maybe this is the spark we needed to unite the fan base.
Maybe this movement goes viral!!!!

Goldendawg
02-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Guys, I want to support Steve and Gene's Page but have not gone there in years as viruses from the page cost me about $150 to have my old laptop cleaned about 3 times. I was not the only State fan in my town to have this problem. I was just reading the free content. Anyone else ever have this issue? Thanks much.

Goldendawg
02-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Speaking of Jackie, is his lawsuit against the NCAA and what Ole Miss did to him and us still alive?

gravedigger
02-05-2016, 07:07 PM
As you are aware, I have been very open about the existence of an on going NCAA investigation at the University of Mississippi. While some have been critical of me for my willingness to discuss the matter, I feel it is a matter that impacts the landscape of college football in the state of Mississippi.

For reasons unknown to me, the in-state media by and large has elected to take a pass on this important news story. Most of them have essentially walked in lock step with the talking points of the Ole Miss narrative without question.

I was contacted over two years ago about the ACT issues being investigated regarding David Saunders, Ginny Crager and the allegations made regarding the supervision of the testing center there in Wayne County. I am not going to get into all of the specific allegations, but some of them have now surfaced in the Louisiana-Lafayette NCAA file.

In October of 2014, I was contacted by a friend in Tupelo who caught wind of a neighbor of his being interviewed face to face by the NCAA regarding some potential recruiting violations. Two weeks later, I learned the same NCAA investigator had interviewed folks in and around Jackson.

It was clear this was more than just a fire drill deal.

I tried in vain twice to pass this story along to the Clarion Ledger, because I felt it was really more in their scope of journalism. They had little interest in the story despite the facts. I was recently told that they simply "had too much on their plate". The state's largest newspaper with all of their resources was too busy.

Over the course of the past year, I have not run from discussion about this investigation. I have been criticized and told that I should hold quiet. I will not. What I have said, am saying and will continue to say is true. I have had my integrity called into question over this issue and some have essentially dared me to prove my claims. I have taken steps to do that.

On January 15th, on my direction my attorney prepared a Mississippi Open Records Act Request for the general legal counsel of the University of Mississippi, Lee Tyner. This request was filed on January 16th.

On January 26th, the University of Mississippi legal counsel responded to my request and agreed to provide some of the documents requested. Many of the documents requested involve the current NCAA investigation. According the the Freedom of Information Act, if anyone on that campus has the documents I have requested, then they are bound by the law to provide them.

While I suspect most of the sensitive documents will likely be withheld, we are prepared to pursue legal remedy to obtain them.

The University of Mississippi had 14 business days from the date of my request to supply the documents. Friday the 5th is the final day for the University to comply. I followed up today and found that the person handling my request is out of the office until Monday. I was asked to agree to release those documents next week. I have agreed to that request.

I sent a second request to the University of Mississippi on January 23rd requesting any NCAA Notice of Allegations received by the University during the calendar year 2016. I have not heard back on that request, so I assume it will be addressed along with the University's release next week.

Some will ask why I would take these steps. First of all, I will say that I am only going to be called a liar so many times. I knew that I was right and much of the Forde article released last week confirms what I have shared, but there is more to come. Ole Miss AD Ross Bjork has now acknowledged the receipt of the Notice of Allegations, so there is no longer any question about the existence of the probe or that the situation has risen to the level of allegations being levied by the NCAA.

I am also more than a little tired of people sitting on this story and turning a blind eye to it.

Finally, I am not Riley Blevins and I will not be run off. How he was treated was absolutely shameful. There is a part of me that feels like somebody needed to finish the deal, so that all he had to endure meant something to somebody beyond himself. The truth is the truth no matter how you slice it and frankly I think it's time we all got the truth rather this bill of goods they keep selling us.

I am prepared for whatever the next step may be. I am sure this will be a bumpy ride and that there will be people who try to silence me and I am prepared for that. I will not be intimidated or treated less than for wanting the truth to be known.

I will keep you posted.

I sure hope this at least slows down the trashing of Steve over here.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-05-2016, 07:16 PM
None of my laptops have ever gotten a virus from me reading Gene's Page.

blacklistedbully
02-05-2016, 07:43 PM
None of my laptops have ever gotten a virus from me reading Gene's Page.

Maybe so, but you, yourself may get a little sick to your stomach because of the excess sugar.

Dawg61
02-05-2016, 08:05 PM
In 2001, he predicted us going to the National Championship game which was held that year at the Rose Bowl. Needless to say we fell well short of that prediction.

Ha during the 1st game tv broadcast vs Memphis ESPN said we were one great QB away from a National Championship. Then 9/11 happened. Then we fell off a cliff.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Guys, I want to support Steve and Gene's Page but have not gone there in years as viruses from the page cost me about $150 to have my old laptop cleaned about 3 times. I was not the only State fan in my town to have this problem. I was just reading the free content. Anyone else ever have this issue? Thanks much.

Viruses come from visiting porn sites, too. Just sayin'.

nashLA
02-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Will someone who has access to Rosebowl please share with him the below and encourage him to share with his P-O-C at ole miss? If the attorney doesn't get her ass into the office today and issue a written response, she may very well be personally liable. That's a per violation penalty. If there end up being 10k records she's sitting on (and presumably 10K individual violations of the public records act of 1983), she is personally liable for a steep penalty. At the end of the day, he doesn't need to waive his right to public records access. He's entitled to these records without equivocation unless they are exempt under law.

? 25-61-15. Penalty for wrongful denial of access to record

Any person who shall deny to any person access to any public record which is not exempt from the provisions of this chapter or who charges an unreasonable fee for providing a public record may be liable civilly in his personal capacity in a sum not to exceed One Hundred Dollars ($ 100.00) per violation, plus all reasonable expenses incurred by such person bringing the proceeding.

What is this citation from? FOIA applies to federal agencies, not state. States usually have somewhat similar legislation, but triggers and penalties may be very different.

Dawg61
02-05-2016, 08:09 PM
What is this citation from? FOIA applies to federal agencies, not state. States usually have somewhat similar legislation, but triggers and penalties may be very different.

Hello Steve Nash from LA

nashLA
02-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Hello Steve Nash from LA

Nope.

gravedigger
02-05-2016, 08:20 PM
This just spotted outside of Lee Tyner's law office:

http://cdn4.explainthatstuff.com/papershredded.jpg

I'll guarantee they are getting rid of any evidence over the weekend. Steve's first mistake was giving them extra time. I hope he gets the documents he wants, but I fear that OM has too much influence in MS. Especially the media and the justice system.

Shredding won't work. Just like refusing a drug test when it comes to academic fraud.

gravedigger
02-05-2016, 08:24 PM

Guys, I want to support ole Miss spirit, but upon visiting my dog has died.

NYDawg
02-05-2016, 08:30 PM

I'm not spbdawg, but the section mentioned (25-61-5) is part of the Mississippi Public Records Act.

nashLA
02-05-2016, 08:32 PM
I'm not spbdawg, but the section mentioned (25-61-5) is part of the Mississippi Public Records Act.

Awesome. Thanks.

Apoplectic
02-05-2016, 09:28 PM

He wasnt the only one....we all did including mcready's mobile love interest

Apoplectic
02-05-2016, 09:36 PM

FYI Gene and Steve - i will be canceling my 247 account and moving to scout asap.

Apoplectic
02-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Double post

gravedigger
02-05-2016, 10:22 PM
He's on a mission and it's the bears' fault he is on that mission I believe. He has been insulted, ridiculed, laughed at, and told he's outright lying more times than Shepard Smith has manned the glory hole in the men's room of a seedy gay bar. I think he's had enough of his integrity being questioned and is now fighting back.

It's not ole Miss fans fault.

Spiderman
02-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Was the Lawyer out of the office all 13 previous days? Evidently, it only takes one day to do it, since they asked him to wait a day.

The Culture of Corruption lives on.