PDA

View Full Version : Field & Stream ranks MS #1

State82
02-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Haven't seen the actual magazine article, but the outdoors column in today's Clarion Ledger Sports section said that Field & Stream ranked Mississippi #1 in the nation for deer hunting opportunity. I don't know all the parameters for their analysis but it took into account quality and numbers. I'm not a deer hunter but that's some nice recognition.

basedog
02-05-2016, 08:41 AM
It is getting better and better every year, hunters are more focused on plots and letting smaller ones walk (not everyone). Driving from Starkville to Brandon is the worlds longest food plot, deer everywhere on the road.

BeastMan
02-05-2016, 11:47 AM
I'm not a deer hunter either but that's great. We really do have a great array of outdoor opportunities from freshwater fishing, inshore & offshore saltwater fishing, duck/hog/deer hunting.

Political Hack
02-18-2016, 09:51 AM
I wish MS had better camping. Maybe some white water, etc... I love the outdoors but don't hunt much. I actually volunteer at a hunting camp in Georgia to help them get ready each year and then never go hunting. I prefer camping, back country hiking/camping, white water rafting, etc...

I used to freshwater fish a lot but don't do that anymore now that I have kids and zero time for myself. Once they get older I'll hopefully start going with them.

BeastMan
02-18-2016, 11:34 AM
I wish MS had better camping. Maybe some white water, etc... I love the outdoors but don't hunt much. I actually volunteer at a hunting camp in Georgia to help them get ready each year and then never go hunting. I prefer camping, back country hiking/camping, white water rafting, etc...

I used to freshwater fish a lot but don't do that anymore now that I have kids and zero time for myself. Once they get older I'll hopefully start going with them.

MS's camping is ok but I feel like a lot of it is hidden. I used to like the primitive area at Flint Creek but haven't been there for years. Decent canoing but no white water. I overnight backpacked an area in north ms years ago that was really cool but cannot remember where it was.

IMissJack
02-28-2016, 10:44 AM
Haven't seen the actual magazine article, but the outdoors column in today's Clarion Ledger Sports section said that Field & Stream ranked Mississippi #1 in the nation for deer hunting opportunity. I don't know all the parameters for their analysis but it took into account quality and numbers. I'm not a deer hunter but that's some nice recognition.

What's this Clarion Ledger you speak of?***

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-29-2016, 02:32 PM

It's not that I prefer it over hunting, I just wish we had the options to experience some of that stuff. My wife and I made a trip up through Northern Georgia and eventually into N.C. last summer and we absolutely loved all the opportunities for those types of things.

DancingRabbit
02-29-2016, 11:05 PM
It's not that I prefer it over hunting, I just wish we had the options to experience some of that stuff. My wife and I made a trip up through Northern Georgia and eventually into N.C. last summer and we absolutely loved all the opportunities for those types of things.

I lived in Atlanta for 8 years back in the 90s. North Georgia, East Tenn and North Carolina offer so much camping, hiking and white water only a short drive away. My buddy and I discovered so many perfect, free camping spots in National Forest areas. I kayaked the Nantahala River a lot, 7 times in one year alone. Good times.