PDA

View Full Version : I'm back and I'm pissed...

War Machine Dawg
02-04-2016, 09:34 PM
Thanks to ISID for the 2-day vacay. As we all saw, holding off for 12 hours really made a difference.******

WMD's Thoughts:

Mullen and staff screwed the pooch. Especially that useless clown Hev. I know he gets listed as the recruiter for most of our top guys, but the proof is in the pudding. And the position he is responsible for more than any other is a disaster. Losing Lashley and Cush is completely inexcusable. Losing 2/3 of our 6 big targets is inexcusable, especially when they were almost all from the GTR - Hev's primary crootin area within MS. If we got outbid, so be it. But the fact we got completely outworked really chaps my hide.

Landing Simmons may have slightly softened the blow, but we were still kicked in the nuts - hard. Frankly, Mullen signed a class that would bring make Croom proud. But here's what really pisses me off: Not signing our full allotment and not having any backup plans in place in case (as we almost always do) we struck out with our top targets. And don't even get me started on only signing 3 OL when that is the single most glaring weak spot on the team. We should sign no less than 5 OL EVERY year. Because we know outside of a handful of elite guys, OL is the biggest crapshoot in football. The Kang always used to say we're going to sign a few more (total players) than we need, because we know a few aren't going to make it.

Props to Engie for his breakdown of the scholly numbers. That really puts into perspective how poorly managed our program is right now. We may have "85" when the time comes, but it won't be 85 like the rest of the SEC - and especially the West - have 85. It'll be a bunch of kickers, snappers, and walkons.

Lastly, allow me to address C34, mic, and the other insiders: Enough of all the innuendos and hints. If things are going to improve, it's time for you guys to name names and tell your stories in detail. Whoever this 4-star OL is you teed up for Hev that he completely failed to follow up on needs to be named. Publicly shaming these guys is looking like the only way to fix the problem, because Mullen himself isn't going to do it and Lil Larry isn't going to force the issue. If you guys have something, it's time to use it. Otherwise, we've hit our ceiling and will start to see regression.

Now I'll step off my soapbox.

paco
02-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Slow clap. Thank you WMD. 100% agree.

Taog Redloh
02-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Lastly, allow me to address C34, mic, and the other insiders: Enough of all the innuendos and hints.
Isn't this gig up yet? I mean, is there anybody out there left that really believes anybody here is a real 'insider', whatever that means?

Westdawg
02-04-2016, 10:25 PM
First off, I wish they had given you a 30 day vacation because the past 2-3 weeks, you have been unbearable.
Secondly, there are a lot things in play that we only see one side - and an outside one at that - of the issue. Here's the bottom line. We got played by a kid and to save face he's tried to make our staff look like fools. Anyone who knows one actual dang thing about recruiting knows that there are only so many times you can legally get in to see them and make contact. Having been a high school coach and educator, I have seen this occur more and more. It's like adults buy into their drama game and feed off their kids' BS. Grow a pair, man. I have found that coddling kids like AJ only breeds a slow growing deadly cancers that ends up eating the body whole, or leaving a shell of the former self. If that's how Mullen is gonna roll with the program and not act like a blonde hooker at the Library on Recruitapalooza, you better man the #### up and put on your big boy britches. Don't like it? Don't buy tickets, don't attend, withdraw any donations, and write the AD and prez why.
It's fairly clear that Mullen ain't changing on some things, but maybe he will eventually.
I CAN tell you this, I am glad we are playing it VERY clean right now with all our recruiting. You think OM boosters went balls to the wall to catch/pass us, think about what they would do to get us sanctioned right now....with the NCAA in the state snooping around all the prospects,and checking on them while digging through years of crap.
Some of you DO NOT THINK.
Yall playing Candyland..when you NEED to be playing CHESS

Taog Redloh
02-04-2016, 10:30 PM

mstatefan91
02-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Wait?! We're going to Candy Castle and nobody f*ckin told me?! You jack asses!!!

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/candy-land.jpg

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2016, 10:47 PM
Thanks to ISID for the 2-day vacay. As we all saw, holding off for 12 hours really made a difference.******

WMD's Thoughts:

Mullen and staff screwed the pooch. Especially that useless clown Hev. I know he gets listed as the recruiter for most of our top guys, but the proof is in the pudding. And the position he is responsible for more than any other is a disaster. Losing Lashley and Cush is completely inexcusable. Losing 2/3 of our 6 big targets is inexcusable, especially when they were almost all from the GTR - Hev's primary crootin area within MS. If we got outbid, so be it. But the fact we got completely outworked really chaps my hide.

Landing Simmons may have slightly softened the blow, but we were still kicked in the nuts - hard. Frankly, Mullen signed a class that would bring make Croom proud. But here's what really pisses me off: Not signing our full allotment and not having any backup plans in place in case (as we almost always do) we struck out with our top targets. And don't even get me started on only signing 3 OL when that is the single most glaring weak spot on the team. We should sign no less than 5 OL EVERY year. Because we know outside of a handful of elite guys, OL is the biggest crapshoot in football. The Kang always used to say we're going to sign a few more (total players) than we need, because we know a few aren't going to make it.

Props to Engie for his breakdown of the scholly numbers. That really puts into perspective how poorly managed our program is right now. We may have "85" when the time comes, but it won't be 85 like the rest of the SEC - and especially the West - have 85. It'll be a bunch of kickers, snappers, and walkons.

Lastly, allow me to address C34, mic, and the other insiders: Enough of all the innuendos and hints. If things are going to improve, it's time for you guys to name names and tell your stories in detail. Whoever this 4-star OL is you teed up for Hev that he completely failed to follow up on needs to be named. Publicly shaming these guys is looking like the only way to fix the problem, because Mullen himself isn't going to do it and Lil Larry isn't going to force the issue. If you guys have something, it's time to use it. Otherwise, we've hit our ceiling and will start to see regression.

Yawn.

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 10:49 PM
First off, I wish they had given you a 30 day vacation because the past 2-3 weeks, you have been unbearable.
Secondly, there are a lot things in play that we only see one side - and an outside one at that - of the issue. Here's the bottom line. We got played by a kid and to save face he's tried to make our staff look like fools. Anyone who knows one actual dang thing about recruiting knows that there are only so many times you can legally get in to see them and make contact. Having been a high school coach and educator, I have seen this occur more and more. It's like adults buy into their drama game and feed off their kids' BS. Grow a pair, man. I have found that coddling kids like AJ only breeds a slow growing deadly cancers that ends up eating the body whole, or leaving a shell of the former self. If that's how Mullen is gonna roll with the program and not act like a blonde hooker at the Library on Recruitapalooza, you better man the #### up and put on your big boy britches. Don't like it? Don't buy tickets, don't attend, withdraw any donations, and write the AD and prez why.
It's fairly clear that Mullen ain't changing on some things, but maybe he will eventually.
I CAN tell you this, I am glad we are playing it VERY clean right now with all our recruiting. You think OM boosters went balls to the wall to catch/pass us, think about what they would do to get us sanctioned right now....with the NCAA in the state snooping around all the prospects,and checking on them while digging through years of crap.

Hey I liked the War Games reference at the end.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2016, 10:56 PM

OUTSTANDING!

AlmostPositive
02-04-2016, 11:18 PM
What we need is a few more middle aged men stamping their feet and pissing all over the furniture about an MSU football coach coming off nine- and ten-win seasons.

DancingRabbit
02-04-2016, 11:19 PM
If there's insiders here then why not pick up the phone and call somebody? There's more than enough eating our own already going on.

What is all the hysterical Mullen and Hev bashing here actually accomplishing? I understand one of the purposes of the board is having a place to vent, well vent and move on. And yes, I know where Genes page is. Left there 9 or 10 years ago and haven't been back.

War Machine Dawg
02-04-2016, 11:26 PM

If you think this is about one kid, I don't know what to tell you. We all understand the rules. The fact, as C34 has pointed out, is that there are ways to bend the rules. But what it really boils down to, as Hack asked earlier, is this: Do you honestly believe our staff works hard at recruiting comparative to the rest of the SEC in general? Because I think we all know the answer to that question. The difference is some of us can admit what's passing for recruiting "effort" with this staff and others keep trying to rationalize to themselves how our coaches really do work hard in recruiting. All while Hev openly talks about how much he hates recruiting, I might add.

War Machine Dawg
02-04-2016, 11:27 PM
If there's insiders here then why not pick up the phone and call somebody? There's more than enough eating our own already going on.

What is all the hysterical Mullen and Hev bashing here actually accomplishing? I understand one of the purposes of the board is having a place to vent, well vent and move on. And yes, I know where Genes page is. Left there 9 or 10 years ago and haven't been back.

I'm using the term "insiders" very loosely. Perhaps a better way to say it would be "those with credible info." But clearly there are a few guys here who are pretty plugged in to what's happening with our program.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2016, 11:52 PM

Very well said.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2016, 11:56 PM
What we need is a few more middle aged men stamping their feet and pissing all over the furniture about an MSU football coach coming off nine- and ten-win seasons.

Imagine how bad it would be on here if we actually had a losing season.

Westdawg
02-05-2016, 12:14 AM
If you think this is about one kid, I don't know what to tell you. We all understand the rules. The fact, as C34 has pointed out, is that there are ways to bend the rules. But what it really boils down to, as Hack asked earlier, is this: Do you honestly believe our staff works hard at recruiting comparative to the rest of the SEC in general? Because I think we all know the answer to that question. The difference is some of us can admit what's passing for recruiting "effort" with this staff and others keep trying to rationalize to themselves how our coaches really do work hard in recruiting. All while Hev openly talks about how much he hates recruiting, I might add.

Is Hevesy a bit lazy? Probably. But here's a bigger kicker for you. We aren't playing the recruiting game like everyone else. THAT'S what is hurt us with kids like AJ and Lashley.

Now think about this - we have a staff that KNOWS that our in state rival is cheating like mad, but is also watching us like a hawk with our every step hoping to hit us with investigations and repeat offender status.
Our staff and administration sees the writing on the wall....have enough contacts in the business to have a good pulse of what may be coming down the line. We play it clean - which causes us to lose some high profile prospects. But keeps us out of harms way and focuses the bullseye even more on our rival from everyone across the country
IF/WHEN this cookie crumbles, we will be sitting in prime standing for a lot of players across this state. Just calm the heck down.

maroonmania
02-05-2016, 12:18 AM
Imagine how bad it would be on here if we actually had a losing season.

Whether you agree with WMD or not, recruiting is about the seasons you are going to have, not seasons you've already had. Not saying anything like that will happen now but we had some great seasons in the late 90s only to have them followed up with almost 10 miserable ones. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Point is, we've got to keep working hard to get better or we will by default get worse in this league. My biggest complaint was that, when all was said and done, our staff obviously couldn't find 22-23 SEC quality players to sign so we left 4 to 5 schollys hanging out there that should have been used.

maroonmania
02-05-2016, 12:21 AM
Is Hevesy a bit lazy? Probably. But here's a bigger kicker for you. We aren't playing the recruiting game like everyone else. THAT'S what is hurt us with kids like AJ and Lashley.

Now think about this - we have a staff that KNOWS that our in state rival is cheating like mad, but is also watching us like a hawk with our every step hoping to hit us with investigations and repeat offender status.
Our staff and administration sees the writing on the wall....have enough contacts in the business to have a good pulse of what may be coming down the line. We play it clean - which causes us to lose some high profile prospects. But keeps us out of harms way and focuses the bullseye even more on our rival from everyone across the country
IF/WHEN this cookie crumbles, we will be sitting in prime standing for a lot of players across this state. Just calm the heck down.

Yes, Hev is a bit lazy on the recruiting trail but the much bigger issue is that he is so unlikable. There are a lot kids that are not going to sign up to play for him if they have another good option to take.

Commercecomet24
02-05-2016, 12:29 AM
Whether you agree with WMD or not, recruiting is about the seasons you are going to have, not seasons you've already had. Not saying anything like that will happen now but we had some great seasons in the late 90s only to have them followed up with almost 10 miserable ones. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Point is, we've got to keep working hard to get better or we will by default get worse in this league. My biggest complaint was that, when all was said and done, our staff obviously couldn't find 22-23 SEC quality players to sign so we left 4 to 5 schollys hanging out there that should have been used.

I agree that there are some things that have to be done better but I think that some have taken it a bit to far. I think we have a lot of talented players on the roster and while this class was small there were some good pieces added. One ok class won't kill us but we MUST hit with next years class or we could have a problem.

War Machine Dawg
02-05-2016, 12:59 AM

Nailed it.

NCDawg
02-05-2016, 01:36 AM
Yes, Hev is a bit lazy on the recruiting trail but the much bigger issue is that he is so unlikable. There are a lot kids that are not going to sign up to play for him if they have another good option to take.

Yes, and therein lies our problem. Unless we can get a good OL coach, we aren't going to compete for the SEC West in my opinion.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-05-2016, 01:41 AM
Isn't this gig up yet? I mean, is there anybody out there left that really believes anybody here is a real 'insider', whatever that means?
Besides Ifyouonlyknew, the rest of the 'insiders' on this board are just spouting shit and going for internet fame.

QuadrupleOption
02-05-2016, 02:11 AM
Frankly, Mullen signed a class that would bring make Croom proud.

This is bullshit. Croom signed some TERRIBLE ****ing classes. This class has nothing but 4 stars in it (according to most recruiting sites).

Also, you saying this is a big **** YOU to the guys who decided to come to MSU. It's insulting to our players and you should be better than that.

Lastly, allow me to address C34, mic, and the other insiders: Enough of all the innuendos and hints. If things are going to improve, it's time for you guys to name names and tell your stories in detail.

Agree 100% with this.

Dawg61
02-05-2016, 03:39 AM

Phenomenal post

JohnnyQuid
02-05-2016, 04:09 AM
Besides Ifyouonlyknew, the rest of the 'insiders' on this board are just spouting shit and going for internet fame.

IYOK is the man. drops knowledge without trying to stir the pot. he should be EliteDawgsInsider. ha

I seen it dawg
02-05-2016, 07:00 AM

This is a great point. In sales (recruiting) the first thing you have to be is likable. People don't buy shit from people who aren't likable. They shut it down immediately.

BrunswickDawg
02-05-2016, 07:11 AM

Wait. You mean we have actually learned something from our history???

Schultzy
02-05-2016, 07:21 AM
Looks like Steve Robertson is pissed too. He revealed last night that he'd taken legal action weeks ago against UM for the NOA and other documents related to the investigation since the C-L told him they were too busy to pursue it.

Their response is due today, Feb 5 and he followed up yesterday to find out their counsel won't be back til Monday; so had agreed to give them one more week to respond.

Dawgface
02-05-2016, 08:05 AM

Agree.

Dawgtini
02-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Well done. Agree on WMD. UNBARABLE OVERREACTION and endless whining. Great post, west.

Liverpooldawg
02-05-2016, 09:57 AM

This is the best post in this thread. Use your brain WMD. We ARE under the repeat offender clause and everything in Mississippi is under the microscope right now. We know the Rebs took us down back in the JWS days. If they are going down they are going to try to take us with them. Because of that repeat offender thing if we both go down right now they land on top of us, not the other way around. Use that brain for thinking and not emoting.

Liverpooldawg
02-05-2016, 10:02 AM

From what I can see this is 99% correct. There is one other that doesn't post much but when he does is usually pretty close to the truth, shannondawg.

mic
02-05-2016, 10:14 AM

WMD's Thoughts:

It has been stated on here before who the kid was and the effort or lack there of to recruit the kid ..
I just wish TBuck would have been on the staff this past year , looks like he attacks recruiting hard and isn't afraid to go outside our recruiting safety zone areas...

If this had been UMiss in the same situation we had, this kid would have probably sent his LOI to Oxford..

Clemson beat out UF for his LOI..

Political Hack
02-05-2016, 10:22 AM

Nobody will call recruiting correctly 100% of the time. Insider or not.

I'll tell you this... this site brought you the NCAA dirt on OM before anyone else caught a freaking whiff of it, broke info on the baseball stadium project, told everyone about the Mullen job search rumors before the press got a hold of it, confirms injury news before any other site, knows about staff changes before others, etc... The list goes on. People pay $100 a year and many people on this board provide that same level of service for free. We just don't use really cool stars to attach to kids names when it's done here.

Barking 13
02-05-2016, 10:27 AM
After getting emotional the past few days, in retrospect, I think I have learned something about our recruiting that I should have picked up on the past couple years. Our coaches don't look at rankings, etc. It seems that if you come to the camps and work hard, and actually want to come to MSU, we'll see if we have a spot for you. The camps are the evaluation process, with actual interaction with other teammates, coaches, etc. We're not going out and chasing prima donnas that want a whole bunch of attention. They may be ranked as a five star, but if they don't want to be here in the first place, why bother with the drama, just to make a bunch of obsessed old men that don't have a life except studying recruiting happy.
How soon we forget that folks like Jon Banks, Dak, etc. were nobodies before we found them.. just keep that into perspective...

My .02

Political Hack
02-05-2016, 10:29 AM
From what I can see this is 99% correct. There is one other that doesn't post much but when he does is usually pretty close to the truth, shannondawg.

Yet you're still here soaking up every word...

Dawgtini
02-05-2016, 10:30 AM
After getting emotional the past few days, in retrospect, I think I have learned something about our recruiting that I should have picked up on the past couple years. Our coaches don't look at rankings, etc. It seems that if you come to the camps and work hard, and actually want to come to MSU, we'll see if we have a spot for you. The camps are the evaluation process, with actual interaction with other teammates, coaches, etc. We're not going out and chasing prima donnas that want a whole bunch of attention. They may be ranked as a five star, but if they don't want to be here in the first place, why bother with the drama, just to make a bunch of obsessed old men that don't have a life except studying recruiting happy.
How soon we forget that folks like Jon Banks, Dak, etc. were nobodies before we found them.. just keep that into perspective...

My .02

+1

mic
02-05-2016, 10:43 AM

My .02

I see your point.. but this is and we are in the SEC... I'm not saying 5 star guys are going to gravitate towards us , but it doesn't hurt to keep recruiting these kids and recruiting them hard.. 5* kids want to see a SEC school on them yes even MSU.. Also you can build relationships with that high school (coaches) and other kids that play for that school underclass men that might not be 5 star guys.. But might might be SEC calibure players and we may get a foot in the door early on them ..
Not to beat a dead horse, but the OL we didn't purse in South Carolina has a soph QB / athlete that started for his high school team.. Bama is already on this kid.. And they recruited the OL there very very hard..

We all know that Treadwell had "other reasons" to go to UMiss besdies the beautiful campus..
But u could tell that kid really did like UMiss.. He goat in the boat early and recruited his ass off for them every year he was there..

Boya
02-05-2016, 11:23 AM

This man gets it...

And the chess part of all this has always been to get ole miss so agitated by our success that they go off the deep end and destroy themselves. Embrace the long game and quit being so reactionary to one or two recruits that made bad decisions.

BrunswickDawg
02-05-2016, 11:28 AM
I see your point.. but this is and we are in the SEC... I'm not saying 5 star guys are going to gravitate towards us , but it doesn't hurt to keep recruiting these kids and recruiting them hard.. 5* kids want to see a SEC school on them yes even MSU.. Also you can build relationships with that high school (coaches) and other kids that play for that school underclass men that might not be 5 star guys.. But might might be SEC calibure players and we may get a foot in the door early on them ..
Not to beat a dead horse, but the OL we didn't purse in South Carolina has a soph QB / athlete that started for his high school team.. Bama is already on this kid.. And they recruited the OL there very very hard..

We all know that Treadwell had "other reasons" to go to UMiss besdies the beautiful campus..
But u could tell that kid really did like UMiss.. He goat in the boat early and recruited his ass off for them every year he was there..

Totally see the point here. I think the hard time Dan is having is moving from "build" to "expand". It is getting him and staff out of their comfort zone and they are having a hard adjustment. That is what is very promising about Sirmon and TBuck coming in with a more national recruiting perspective. I also think that probably plays into the staff not pursuing your "teed up" guy in SC. Who is the last kid we signed out of SC?? I can't think of one. If you layer on the "eyes watching" perspective that Westdawg brought up, it all connects. Think about it. Random 4* well out of our normal recruiting circles, is recommended to us by the "Elite Crowd" (I know y'all didn't present it that way, but I bet they found out who was pitching to them) who are involved with a disassociated booster (no offense Hack) and C34? And you wonder why they didn't pursue?

I don't want you think I'm calling y'all out for this - because I respect what y'all are trying to do - but if you are going to call the coaches out for missing easy targets then do for places out of state where we have established ties and are overlooking things. If I had been on staff, I'd have camped out at McEachern with Roberson this year. They had 7 DI kids sign this year. They had a 4 star OL uncommitted into November with 25 offers that is a team mate of one of your more vocal early commits and we didn't even offer?? That's the type stuff we need to be harping on.

preachermatt83
02-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Regardless if anyone agrees with WMD or not is is flat out dumb to ban ppl for posting an opinion.

Coach34
02-05-2016, 12:23 PM
If you layer on the "eyes watching" perspective that Westdawg brought up, it all connects. Think about it. Random 4* well out of our normal recruiting circles, is recommended to us by the "Elite Crowd" (I know y'all didn't present it that way, but I bet they found out who was pitching to them) who are involved with a disassociated booster (no offense Hack) and C34? And you wonder why they didn't pursue?.

Hold on mf'er. The kid was presented to the staff by someone in no way affiliated with Elitedawgs. He lives in freaking South Carolina. The staff was told about him and that he would be attending camp- again, I'll repeat- by nobody affiliated with Elitedawgs. The kid showed up and the staff acted likethey hadnt heard of the kid- who was a highly rated 4-star. He showed out at Camp and Hev finally started talking to him. Hev made 1 visit to SC- and then determined no need to recruit the kid- he's going to Clemson. The kid didnt say anything close to Hev like that. We just simply didnt put in any effort to recruit him because we would have had to outwork others. We were guaranteed to be in his top 3 with any effort at all.

http://247sports.com/Player/John-Simpson-75843

Liverpooldawg
02-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Yet you're still here soaking up every word...

I'm here but soaking up every word would be a stretch. I laugh a lot when I'm on here. If I didn't I wouldn't be here. I also like this board because bashing the Confederates is encouraged. If you haven't noticed by now though, I'll clue you in on something. I'm not one to tow the party line here. :D

Political Hack
02-05-2016, 12:36 PM
To add to what C34 said, I don't know anything about that kid or had any kind of dealings with him directly or indirectly. Trying to tie me to that is a far, far stretch. In fact, trying to tie me to any kid is a far, far stretch at this point. However, if the staff needs an excuse not to recruit 4-star OL that are interested in our program, I'll continue to be their scapegoat.

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 12:41 PM
To add to what C34 said, I don't know anything about that kid or had any kind of dealings with him directly or indirectly. Trying to tie me to that is a far, far stretch. In fact, trying to tie me to any kid is a far, far stretch at this point. However, if the staff needs an excuse not to recruit 4-star OL that are interested in our program, I'll continue to be their scapegoat.

Lol. A far, far stretch is probably a very conservative statement in fact. Glad for your inputs Hack

mic
02-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Hold on mf'er. The kid was presented to the staff by someone in no way affiliated with Elitedawgs. He lives in freaking South Carolina. The staff was told about him and that he would be attending camp- again, I'll repeat- by nobody affiliated with Elitedawgs. The kid showed up and the staff acted likethey hadnt heard of the kid- who was a highly rated 4-star. He showed out at Camp and Hev finally started talking to him. Hev made 1 visit to SC- and then determined no need to recruit the kid- he's going to Clemson. The kid didnt say anything close to Hev like that. We just simply didnt put in any effort to recruit him because we would have had to outwork others. We were guaranteed to be in his top 3 with any effort at all.

The bottom line is....

If the staff didn't think he was an SEC type player or was a good fit with the program so be it..
But If we didn't recruit him harder because we "knew" he was going to Clemson that's the lazy we have all been talking about

sleepy dawg
02-05-2016, 12:46 PM

I don't know who you are or where you came from, but apparently I've given you all the rep points I'm allowed.

I seen it dawg
02-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Regardless if anyone agrees with WMD or not is is flat out dumb to ban ppl for posting an opinion.

You have zero credibility and are wrong again. Zip it

I seen it dawg
02-05-2016, 01:23 PM
I'm here but soaking up every word would be a stretch. I laugh a lot when I'm on here. If I didn't I wouldn't be here. I also like this board because bashing the Confederates is encouraged. If you haven't noticed by now though, I'll clue you in on something. I'm not one to tow the party line here. :D

You leaving would make the board stronger.

preachermatt83
02-05-2016, 01:24 PM
You have zero credibility and are wrong again. Zip it

Let's pull up your AJ to state posts. #Credibility

BrunswickDawg
02-05-2016, 01:41 PM

The bottom line is....

If the staff didn't think he was an SEC type player or was a good fit with the program so be it..
But If we didn't recruit him harder because we "knew" he was going to Clemson that's the lazy we have all been talking about

And that is why people were asking for the story instead of the innuendo. Lay it out so we can judge the facts. Otherwise, you leave people trying to connect dots with wrong info - and people on the outside will use that against us just as much as anything. You 3 have my apologies - especially you mic - you've been good to my kid.

gravedigger
02-05-2016, 01:44 PM
First off, I wish they had given you a 30 day vacation because the past 20-30 weeks, you have been unbearable.

FIFY

Jack Lambert
02-05-2016, 01:45 PM
This thread went down fast. Some of ya'll sounds as if you need a few more days to cool off.

gravedigger
02-05-2016, 01:53 PM
This is a great point. In sales (recruiting) the first thing you have to be is likable. People don't buy shit from people who aren't likable. They shut it down immediately.

Wrong word.....it's not 'likable'...it's trustworthy. Plenty of people buy or accept offers from unlikeable people.

Maybe that's the key here. Is Mullen to be trusted to stay?....are other staffs using that against us?......

Dawgface
02-05-2016, 01:59 PM
This thread went down fast. Some of ya'll sounds as if you need a few more days to cool off.

Nah. Beer, pop corn and ED chit chat.........hard to beat.

War Machine Dawg
02-05-2016, 03:48 PM
And that is why people were asking for the story instead of the innuendo. Lay it out so we can judge the facts. Otherwise, you leave people trying to connect dots with wrong info - and people on the outside will use that against us just as much as anything. You 3 have my apologies - especially you mic - you've been good to my kid.

Bingo. Just put it out there and let everyone decide. Personally, the info you guys have is generally reliable, so I trust your word. But there are some here who need the hard facts to get to the right conclusion. Now that I've vented, let's all move on. It's almost baseball season. Time to see if The Meddler has learned from his mistakes.

maroonmania
02-05-2016, 03:55 PM

For all the flack Stans gets at times on this board, our football recruiting needs a kick in the pants from a guy like him. Stans is the reason when he joined Richard Williams' staff that our recruiting in basketball took a giant leap. And why? Its because everyone else on the staff were looking at prospects and tossing them aside because of their high rating saying "oh, that guy will never be interested in signing with us." Well Stans said screw that crap and helped turn the entire attitude around within our basketball program that we COULD sign highly rated basketball players within the state AND outside the state. And Stansbury worked his ass off to get some of the guys he got especially in the early days. My word at the time and effort he put in to sign Mario Austin. Sounds like we need someone to come in and give our current football staff the same kind of attitude adjustment.

maroonmania
02-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Wrong word.....it's not 'likable'...it's trustworthy. Plenty of people buy or accept offers from unlikeable people.

Maybe that's the key here. Is Mullen to be trusted to stay?....are other staffs using that against us?......

No, for Hev the word is likeable. I don't think Hev has ever done anything that would bring into question his trustworthiness but many people think he is just a jackass. I've personally never been around the guy but I've heard plenty of stories. Now there are some kids that are willing to put up with that and are OK with it but there are a bunch that, given another good option, will forego having to be coached by someone like that for the next 4 to 5 years of their life.

I seen it dawg
02-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Let's pull up your AJ to state posts. #Credibility

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha you can't speak on credibility ever with the trash shot out of your piehole. I optimistically went 4/5 to us. I missed 2 total.

I seen it dawg
02-05-2016, 05:39 PM

To get to trustworthy in sales and recruiting you got to be likable first. At least to get the ball rolling. If you are I likable you ain't getting a second look in recruiting. Now that doesn't mean somebody may take a shine to some prick. But it's in the minority.

Coursesuper
02-05-2016, 05:53 PM
H

Look Larry, Hevesy is 17ing albatross hanging around our neck. He has all the kindness and warmth and charm of an atom bomb. If people don't like you and they don't like him they don't listen when you open your mouth. This is where we are with this guy. There is a reason that Urban demoted his ass and I think we know why by now. I was told by a guy that used to coach baseball at UF " Look out, that oline coach he is bringing with him is a dumbass". And he was right.