PDA

View Full Version : Driving through AR..

It_Could_Happen
02-04-2016, 06:24 PM
And they are cussing ole miss on sports radio. One guy called in and said "you'd have to be a moron to think they aren't doing anything under the table."

chef dixon
02-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Funny you would never hear that on the radio in this state.

It_Could_Happen
02-04-2016, 06:30 PM
The recruiting guy they had on basically beat around the question which I understand but he said it's defiantly out of the ordinary and the NCAA is investigating

IMissJack
02-04-2016, 06:34 PM
And they are cussing ole miss on sports radio. One guy called in and said "you'd have to be a moron to think they aren't doing anything under the table."

Having lived there, it is funny to hear that because their media kisses up to the pigs just like MS does the bears.

mstatefan91
02-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Having lived there, it is funny to hear that because their media kisses up to the pigs just like MS does the bears.

At least in AR, the pigs are the only major team.. so that kind of makes sense. The media has no concept that there are two SEC teams in MS unless they can pin something negative on MSU or insinuate it.

maroonmania
02-04-2016, 08:49 PM
To me the fact they are doing it this under the cloud of an NCAA investigation makes it even MORE out of the ordinary.

BossDawg
02-04-2016, 08:57 PM
To me the fact they are doing it this under the cloud of an NCAA investigation makes it even MORE out of the ordinary.

You've got to admit, it is pretty ballsy. Perhaps stupid, but ballsy nonetheless. I'm kind of astonished at just how desperate they have become.

Mjoelner34
02-04-2016, 09:24 PM
You've got to admit, it is pretty ballsy. Perhaps stupid, but ballsy nonetheless. I'm kind of astonished at just how desperate they have become.

They know its coming so they're getting what they can while they can so they'll at least have a bit of talent when it hits because there will be no talent infusion afterwards.

BulldogBear
02-05-2016, 01:36 AM
They know its coming so they're getting what they can while they can so they'll at least have a bit of talent when it hits because there will be no talent infusion afterwards.

Exactly

lefty96
02-05-2016, 09:27 AM

I have lived around Little Rock for most of the last 20 years. The sports media is damn near state run. I know at least during the Broyles era, they'd cut people out if they didn't tow the line on reporting. On coaching change, etc - you can tell when something is going to happen b/c all of a sudden ALL of the media is bitching and being negative. You'll rarely if ever hear just one voice complaining up here.

Thick
02-05-2016, 09:38 AM

Actually, depending on how quickly this plays out, this class can ask the NCAA to transfer without penalty. The signees will say that the OM staff told them that the football program would not be penalized from this investigation.

fishwater99
02-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Actually, depending on how quickly this plays out, this class can ask the NCAA to transfer without penalty. The signees will say that the OM staff told them that the football program would not be penalized from this investigation.

True, but mom or dad would lose their nice new job is they do transfer..

Maroonthirteen
02-05-2016, 09:59 AM
I have lived around Little Rock for most of the last 20 years. The sports media is damn near state run. I know at least during the Broyles era, they'd cut people out if they didn't tow the line on reporting. On coaching change, etc - you can tell when something is going to happen b/c all of a sudden ALL of the media is bitching and being negative. You'll rarely if ever hear just one voice complaining up here.

Lived there 6 years....loved the town and outdoor activities but the sports media......is like a communist country. But it was during the Nutt era, rise and fall. You are exactly right. They turned on Nutt over night.

RougeDawg
02-05-2016, 01:14 PM
True, but mom or dad would lose their nice new job is they do transfer..

Correct. They hook the parents and family more than the actual player. They buy the parents off first and then work the recruit. That's how they are so effective in snatching these top players. They know the game.