PDA

View Full Version : what happened to the Bama LB

tcdog70
02-04-2016, 03:46 PM
That de-committed because they asked Him to grayshirt?

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 03:49 PM
That de-committed because they asked Him to grayshirt?

Signed with So Alabama

Johnson85
02-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Signed with So Alabama

Damn. No other SEC teams he could land at? Or did he decide to stick close to home or something?

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Damn. No other SEC teams he could land at? Or did he decide to stick close to home or something?

Teams kicked the tires but there was a reason he was asked to grayshirt and ended up at USA. Besides us other teams had room for him as well.

TUSK
02-04-2016, 04:16 PM
was an early commit... still not certain why he was offered unless it's was "politically" motivated...

Jack Lambert
02-04-2016, 04:18 PM

There was a buy out clause in his contract when Bama paid him.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 04:19 PM
I saw one article that quoted his dad saying after he "decommitted" that there were big schools calling left and right. Obviously that was exaggerated

TUSK
02-04-2016, 04:19 PM

he was from Oneonta, AL.... I think S Alabama is a long way from there... He also had an offer from W Forest.

TUSK
02-04-2016, 04:20 PM
I saw one article that quoted his dad saying after he "decommitted" that there were big schools calling left and right. Obviously that was exaggerated

No.

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 04:24 PM

His dad got on Jox and said the same thing. We did call about him, as did other programs. But his dad was trying to drum up offers as well. Just wasn't in his cards. He can develop down there into a nice player. We were better off banking that scholly.

ETA. Maybe with a little more time he could have landed at a little better school. But SEC probably wasn't going to happen any way.

TUSK
02-04-2016, 04:25 PM
There was a buy out clause in his contract when Bama paid him.

that did make me LOL....

Jack Lambert
02-04-2016, 04:26 PM
he was from Oneonta, AL.... I think S Alabama is a long way from there... He also had an offer from W Forest.

At lest at S. Alabama he will get a chance to play for a conference championship. However a W. Forest Degree would look better on a resume.

TUSK
02-04-2016, 04:28 PM
At lest at S. Alabama he will get a chance to play for a conference championship. However a W. Forest Degree would look better on a resume.

I'm with you, Jack... I'd have a hard time turning down a free ride at a school like Wake...

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 04:32 PM
I'm with you, Jack... I'd have a hard time turning down a free ride at a school like Wake...

Agreed. Did he have a committable offer to them for sure? Didn't keep up once we passed on him.

TUSK
02-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Agreed. Did he have a committable offer to them for sure? Didn't keep up once we passed on him.

No clue, buddy... I was too relieved he was processed to care...

EAVdog
02-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Hopefully he'll get to play in the new Stadium and not Ladd Peebles. Optimistic it'll happen quickly for them.

engineerdog
02-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Supposedly had an offer from Oklahoma too

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 05:46 PM
His dad got on Jox and said the same thing. We did call about him, as did other programs. But his dad was trying to drum up offers as well. Just wasn't in his cards. He can develop down there into a nice player. We were better off banking that scholly.

ETA. Maybe with a little more time he could have landed at a little better school. But SEC probably wasn't going to happen any way.

True. It was just kinda odd that Bama ever accepted his commitment in the first place. Unless his grandfather or somebody close is a big wig at Bama

TUSK
02-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Supposedly had an offer from Oklahoma too

Maybe you're talking about Yulee? He was a LB de-commit, too... but he's from VA... He had some bigtime offers...