PDA

View Full Version : Did losing Tony Hughes hurt us and our ability to close out recruits?

Saltydog
02-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Obviously there appear to be some other factors in play that hurt our chances with some of the higher profile kids but I can't help but think that losing Hughes hurt more than many of us think. Course, there's really no way to know that now but it's just a gut feeling.

engie
02-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Yes, it hurt. It was a spin from the beginning to hope/think that it wouldn't.

HoopsDawg
02-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Obviously there appear to be some other factors in play that hurt our chances with some of the higher profile kids but I can't help but think that losing Hughes hurt more than many of us think. Course, there's really no way to know that now but it's just a gut feeling.

absolutely it hurt. Tony was great in the living rooms and knows MS. He was our best recruiter.

Taog Redloh
02-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Of course, he's a great recrooter. What kind of dumb question is that?

confucius say
It damn sure didn't help

ElitedawgRecruiting
Losing tony hurt period

starkvegasdawg
02-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Recruiting may have taken a hit but hopefully coaching has improved.

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 12:36 PM
Hate to lose Tony. Especially for the central to southern part of the state. I will say Turner did a fantastic job closing on Simmons for Hughes which I think was the only real primary he was on in the area. Correct me if I'm wrong IYOK, Eliterecruiter. Of course it wasn't even close to Turner being brought in from the cold to get a guy. He had been building a relationship with Simmons for years.

cheat2win
02-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Who made the late push at Knott? Was that a Buckley move? If Buck had been here longer does that turn out different?

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Who made the late push at Knott? Was that a Buckley move? If Buck had been here longer does that turn out different?

Knox was his main recruiter but Mullen, Sirmon and T-Buck were all in the late push as well. Again some one correct my info if it's wrong from what you know.

maroonmania
02-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Tony might have helped sway Knott and Lashley. I don't think anything would have mattered much on Brown.

Harrydawg
02-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Tony was our relationship with MS HS coaches. Now, that relationship (with MSU) is next to nothing.

If Mullen doesn't act fast to correct this, we will be in trouble

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 01:25 PM
Tony was our relationship with MS HS coaches. Now, that relationship (with MSU) is next to nothing.

Obviously TBuck doesn't have near as many, but he has already built up relationships with a lot of coaches since he started coaching prior to coming here. Just look at the number of guys he was on in MS from when he was at Louisville. Including Knott, like someone asked. He is our answer for Tony and I think could be just as good in this state with just some time.

It_Could_Happen
02-04-2016, 02:32 PM

There isn't a coach in MS that could have helped us on Brown.

the relationship with the high school's in MS will be resolved soon. Just stay tuned.

Jack Lambert
02-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Losing three coaches along with Sleepy hurt real bad. Not only losing guys the recruits have been talking to but you know Freeze and the boys used it as well.

Harrydawg
02-04-2016, 02:39 PM
I was told last week by a coach of a 6A MS Football team that MSU really needs to focus on its' relationship with MS Highschool coaches. Not just Mullen....this will require all our coaches. No doubt recent turnover has affected this.

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 02:39 PM
There isn't a coach in MS that could have helped us on Brown.

the relationship with the high school's in MS will be resolved soon. Just stay tuned.

Shhhh

It_Could_Happen
02-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Shhhh
I know I know