PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts and Honest Observations on the 2017 Class

CapitalCityDawg
02-04-2016, 11:46 AM
I hated to start a new thread on this, but believe it was appropriate as I have payed much attention to these guys coming up.

As of now, Cam Akers mama loves State according to sites. Believe we win in the end, but I dont count on anything after seeing this years class. Kylin Hill is all dawg, Willie Gay seems fired up about State, and I believe the coaches will undoubtedly hit it hard with the local guys after seeing what happened this year. We are in on many Louisiana guys and seem to be a high choice with them. Many offers out in Florida as well, Buckley has great connections there. Avery from Grenada seemed to be high on us, but OM getting his cousin to transfer in from Memphis (no coincidence there) will be a lot to overcome.

We are casting a WIDE net in Florida especially and the coaches seem to put a big emphasis on the national kids. We are working hard on a center from Texas as well. This will be a huge class and just reading the tea leaves, It is obvious the coaches are going all out on it. It could be a great class and I believe it will be in the 10-15 range with at least 25 signees. A year of recruiting and relationship building for Buckley, Sirmon, and our new found ace recruiter David Turner gets me Wooly if you will. Those coaches combined with pressure on Mullen to make up for this year could prove to be very beneficial. Combine that with a potentially great basktetball team next year, and February 2017 could be an exciting time to be a Bulldog. I am the last person to be a Sugar Coated Genes page warrior, but fellas, I am very optimistic about the future.