PDA

View Full Version : I'll just leave this here...

Tripp McNeely
02-04-2016, 10:46 AM
https://twitter.com/RoughSack/status/695062849631166464/photo/1

msstate7
02-04-2016, 10:50 AM
African prayer candles... Hugh doing work haha

Ralph
02-04-2016, 10:51 AM
Don't know whether to laugh or cry

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 10:51 AM
You know what, I give it to the guy. He has made a personal decision to recruit at the highest level, no matter how silly. If he needs to be a priest, he'll be a priest. If he needs to be garbage man, he'll be a garbage man. He has no fear I how his actions are perceived. Wish our coach would do the same.

Where Hugh is currently better than Dan at is that Hugh realizes that he isn't a great coach and knows he must have better players. Dan is still under some arrogant illusion that he's Belichick's chosen son. Xs and Os superiority just isn't what college football is about.

msstate7
02-04-2016, 10:53 AM
You know what, I give it to the guy. I has made a personal decision to recruit at the highest level, no matter how silly. If he needs to be a priest, he'll be a priest. If he needs to be garbage man, he'll be a garbage man. He has no fear I how his actions are perceived.

Honestly, I wish our coach would do the same.

I don't want our coach to mock Christanity to get recruits. Sorry, it's not that serious...

msudawglb
02-04-2016, 10:53 AM
https://twitter.com/RoughSack/status/695062849631166464/photo/1

That's Gold, Jerry! Are their no limits to his hypocrisy?

msudawglb
02-04-2016, 10:54 AM
You know what, I give it to the guy. He has made a personal decision to recruit at the highest level, no matter how silly. If he needs to be a priest, he'll be a priest. If he needs to be garbage man, he'll be a garbage man. He has no fear I how his actions are perceived. Wish our coach would do the same.

Where Hugh is currently better than Dan at is that Hugh realizes that he isn't a great coach and knows he must have better players. Dan is still under some arrogant illusion that he's Belichick's chosen son. Xs and Os superiority just isn't what college football is about.

if he needs to suck a ----, he'll suck a ----.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 10:55 AM
I don't want our coach to mock Christanity to get recruits. Sorry, it's not that serious...

I agree. Just saying that the overall attitude of doing what it takes is something I wish we had.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 10:58 AM
if he needs to suck a ----, he'll suck a ----.

He may already have.... His teeth may have made it uncomfortable for the recruit though

I know some people that went on recruiting visits with Barry Switzer back in the day and the things they could tell you....
It's just the business. Should've gone to the NFL if you don't want to participate.

BulldogBear
02-04-2016, 11:05 AM
+1

I agree. Just saying that the overall attitude of doing what it takes is something I wish we had.

Irondawg
02-04-2016, 11:22 AM
OM does have a nice setup here - they have a HC who is a front man. He doesn't try to run the offense or defense overall. He's the face of the program and basically spends most of his time marketing and recruiting and let's his OC/DC do the work. That's different than MSU and a lot of places where the HC wants to be integral to the game plan of whatever side they grew up on.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 11:25 AM
OM does have a nice setup here - they have a HC who is a front man. He doesn't try to run the offense or defense overall. He's the face of the program and basically spends most of his time marketing and recruiting and let's his OC/DC do the work. That's different than MSU and a lot of places where the HC wants to be integral to the game plan of whatever side they grew up on.

No doubt. Just because they cheat their asses off and are about to go on probation, doesn't mean that they don't do somethings that we can and must learn from. They get after it and appear to never take no for an answer on top players.

Op4isabitch
02-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Looks like another recruiting violation to me. Presents for the recruits family.

EAVdog
02-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Your head coach doesn't have to be a great recruiter. But if he isn't then the staff has to be. Or at least someone on the staff. Hughes fit that roll, as did Brewster when he was here. Hopefully Buckley, Sirmon, and Linguist are great recruiters. And we need to hire some younger guys like Jamar Chaney, Bumphis, etc... To do back of house work recruiting.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Sirmon and Buckley were hired specifically because of their ability to recruit.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 11:48 AM
That guy literally makes me sick to my stomach. He is absolutely pathetic.

Tripp McNeely
02-04-2016, 02:22 PM
The lost irony in that description of Jones is just breathtaking...an om fan is accusing another coach of being a snakeoil salesman??? Is this the bizarro world??

Jack Lambert
02-04-2016, 02:25 PM
No doubt. Just because they cheat their asses off and are about to go on probation, doesn't mean that they don't do somethings that we can and must learn from. They get after it and appear to never take no for an answer on top players.

Depends on how hard they get hammered. If it's slap on the hand I agree but if they get hit hard then I disagree.

Jack Lambert
02-04-2016, 02:26 PM
That guy literally makes me sick to my stomach. He is absolutely pathetic.

Me too. I can see him and Hitler both waiting in line for the pine apple.

whatever
02-04-2016, 02:30 PM
It's always been my understanding that Freeze does run the offense and call plays... Dan Werner certainly hasn't run an offense anywhere close to this style anywhere else.

I'm not so sure you can say "Freeze can't coach," he definitely throws in about 2 head shakers a year where they don't show up, but he counters that by winning some really big games where his team has less talent like vs LSU/Bama. He's put up pretty big numbers offensively everywhere he's been

sleepy dawg
02-04-2016, 02:32 PM
You'll never be able to out recruit the Antichrist dressed in a Jesus Christ costume.