PDA

View Full Version : End your agenda..,... Spread false information

Coach007
02-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Per all Msu writers.... Those with access..... Mullen had his in home with Lashley and his mom!

The agenda is doing nothing but serving to promote this staff in a negative light for the purpose of getting CDM fired.

AJ was never going to msu. I told u that last year. I told you he was ole miss's to lose. The kid wanted to leave starkville but stay close enough for family to watch.

This class has us with 1 5 star and 8 4 stars. How is that horrible.

PassInterference
02-04-2016, 10:10 AM
While ya'll are measuring dicks, be sure and tell Dan to pack his bags.

msstate7
02-04-2016, 10:10 AM
8 4 stars?

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2016, 10:12 AM
Of course he did. It sickens me to see "MSU fans" help spread the negative narrative that led to what they are griping about.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-04-2016, 10:14 AM
While ya'll are measuring dicks, be sure and tell Dan to pack his bags.he says as he relives the glory years of Croom.

PendingTransaction
02-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Three of those 4*s are really 5*s

Dawgology
02-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Per all Msu writers.... Those with access..... Mullen had his in home with Lashley and his mom!

The agenda is doing nothing but serving to promote this staff in a negative light for the purpose of getting CDM fired.

AJ was never going to msu. I told u that last year. I told you he was ole miss's to lose. The kid wanted to leave starkville but stay close enough for family to watch.

8 4 stars? What? I'm confused....

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 10:21 AM
8 4 stars?

Simmons 5*
Spencer 4*
Jones 4*
Couch 4* 3 out of 4 sites
Reese 4* 3 out of 4 sites
Thompson 4* on ESPN
Charles 4* on ESPN
Morgan-Walker 4* on ESPN

chainedup_Dawg
02-04-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm not saying you're wrong, but Tuscaloosa is closer than Oxford and more of a "change" than lil' grenada

msstate7
02-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Simmons 5*
Spencer 4*
Jones 4*
Thompson 4* on ESPN
Charles 4* on ESPN
Morgan-Walker 4* on ESPN

Didn't know Charles and M-W were 4* on any site. From what I saw of M-W in the all star game, it's well deserved

blacklistedbully
02-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Of course he did. It sickens me to see "MSU fans" help spread the negative narrative that led to what they are griping about.

It sickens me to see a Genes-Pager come on here and spread BS such as claiming it's posters on here that are causing the recruiting problems. WAKE THE F UP! Dan has brought most of this on himself. He needs to aggressively shut down any talk of him leaving or interviewing for other jobs EVERY DAMN YEAR!

Ralph
02-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Just to set the story straight, Saban was the only HC that visited lashley at his HIGH SCHOOL. Probably made him feel cool in front of his friends and chicks.

Dawgtini
02-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Simmons 5*
Spencer 4*
Jones 4*
Thompson 4* on ESPN
Charles 4* on ESPN
Morgan-Walker 4* on ESPN

I amazes me the number of people who give a flip about "starzzz" yet have no idea who ranks them, how many sites there are with rankings, what those rankings actually are. They only "hear" about the rankings and generally from friends/reports/"bear at work" who have an agenda and use the lowest ranking across all media. Shoot, even some of our own sites use the lowest ranking. On 247 there was an article about us getting a commit from a "247 3 star" when he was ranked as a "247 composite 4 star"...this was due to 247 being the only site that had him as a 3 star (Reese maybe?).

tl;dr: If you care about rankings, take the time to go and look at all of them and educate yourself about their ACTUAL rating instead of what you "hear".

Coach34
02-04-2016, 10:41 AM

What dumb bastard said Dan didnt have an in-home with Lashley's Mom?

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 10:46 AM
H
Simmons 5*
Spencer 4*
Jones 4*
Thompson 4* on ESPN
Charles 4* on ESPN
Morgan-Walker 4* on ESPN

This class was defined more by what we missed on rather than what we signed.

In reality, what we signed was pretty good, we just didn't sign enough. Our avg star rating is really solid.

Next year's class has to be huge

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Just to set the story straight, Saban was the only HC that visited lashley at his HIGH SCHOOL. Probably made him feel cool in front of his friends and chicks.

And Mullen flew to his and Simmons game to watch them in a helicopter during the season. Tell me which one makes a bigger entrance?

Thick
02-04-2016, 10:51 AM

It should have been much better coming off the last 2 years!!! We had double digit decommits, and some of it stemmed from other staffs using "Dan's been trying to leave Starkville for at least 2 years". Why go there if he's gone next year?? No freaking excuse to lose Lashley to Bama when you compare rosters/depth charts/top OL prospects. Who gives a crap about AJ? Our real needs are in the trenches on both sides of the ball!!! DOUBLE DIGIT DECOMMITS.....terrible at closing the deal!!

Crystal Balls
02-04-2016, 10:52 AM
What dumb bastard said Dan didnt have an in-home with Lashley's Mom?

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?40408-Straight-talk-on-Lashley-from-West-Point

Ralph
02-04-2016, 10:55 AM
And Mullen flew to his and Simmons game to watch them in a helicopter during the season. Tell me which one makes a bigger entrance?

Apparently showing up at his HS was more of an impression. Who's asking for a better entrance?

HC's can only visit recruits once their senior season in their home, while multiple visits are allowed on campus.

Coach34
02-04-2016, 10:58 AM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?40408-Straight-talk-on-Lashley-from-West-Point

I looked all thru it- still not seeing it.

Coach34
02-04-2016, 11:02 AM
It should have been much better coming off the last 2 years!!! We had double digit decommits, and some of it stemmed from other staffs using "Dan's been trying to leave Starkville for at least 2 years". Why go there if he's gone next year?? No freaking excuse to lose Lashley to Bama when you compare rosters/depth charts/top OL prospects. Who gives a crap about AJ? Our real needs are in the trenches on both sides of the ball!!! DOUBLE DIGIT DECOMMITS.....terrible at closing the deal!!

exactly- we signed 3 OL guys when we needed at least 5. And T-Buck gifted us one of them in the month he was hired. Hev had 3 years to build relationships with OL prospects and all he could land was 2 guys. TWO.

DancingRabbit
02-04-2016, 11:04 AM
It sickens me to see a Genes-Pager come on here and spread BS such as claiming it's posters on here that are causing the recruiting problems. WAKE THE F UP! Dan has brought most of this on himself. He needs to aggressively shut down any talk of him leaving or interviewing for other jobs EVERY DAMN YEAR!

You think he should offer a Tubberville "they'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box" quote?

Or a Saban "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" quote?

About 2 months ago Dan told the CL "I don't like commenting on other jobs just because it's a waste of time. I love the one that I have. Not much else on it besides that."

A week or two later at the Conerly Trophy banquet he was asked again by the CL. "I'm not talking about any of that. Every year I come here, every single year, you guys ask me the same questions. I'm not going to waste my time commenting on rumors on the Internet."

"I think the year for us, every single year it's the exact same thing. A couple years ago I was here at dinner while I was signing a contract at Penn State. The next year I was in Colorado and four and five different cities in one day when I was sitting at this award."

Nothing that Dan said was going to stop FootballScoop from writing what they wanted to write. Or stop the CL from asking him about it at every opportunity.

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Apparently showing up at his HS was more of an impression. Who's asking for a better entrance?

You said cool, what's cooler than flying in to see him play?

Percho
02-04-2016, 11:14 AM
I amazes me the number of people who give a flip about "starzzz" yet have no idea who ranks them, how many sites there are with rankings, what those rankings actually are. They only "hear" about the rankings and generally from friends/reports/"bear at work" who have an agenda and use the lowest ranking across all media. Shoot, even some of our own sites use the lowest ranking. On 247 there was an article about us getting a commit from a "247 3 star" when he was ranked as a "247 composite 4 star"...this was due to 247 being the only site that had him as a 3 star (Reese maybe?).

tl;dr: If you care about rankings, take the time to go and look at all of them and educate yourself about their ACTUAL rating instead of what you "hear".

Thank you for an intelligent post.

Ralph
02-04-2016, 11:15 AM
For Dan or for lashley?

Again, apparently showing up at his HS. There is actually data to support this as he went to Bama.

Coach34
02-04-2016, 11:17 AM
For Dan or for lashley?

Again, apparently showing up at his HS. There is actually data to support this as he went to Bama.

exactly. The kids love the coaches being at their school. Makes them feel important in front of their friends. They have no idea about the damn helicopter as they are playing the game at the time.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 11:19 AM

Oh no!!! This site was the site promoting Dan trying to leave. In fact, those people used OLE Miss writers as "evidence" I have not seen that amount of self mutilation from any other site.

I'm happy that we have a coach others want and has STAYED!

Ralph
02-04-2016, 11:21 AM
exactly. The kids love the coaches being at their school. Makes them feel important in front of their friends. They have no idea about the damn helicopter as they are playing the game at the time.

Yes. And coaches aren't allowed to speak to recruits at games anyway.

Coach34
02-04-2016, 11:25 AM
Oh no!!! This site was the site promoting Dan trying to leave. In fact, those people used OLE Miss writers as "evidence" I have not seen that amount of self mutilation from any other site.

he talked to 3 different schools- he did try to leave. You're glad he didnt- we get it. But many, many people see what he did and are pissed about it. Georgia's AD recommended him for the Georgia job and got overruled. He talked to Miami- confirmed by one of their beat writers. And Maryland guys were talking about a proposed contract. It wasnt just Football Scoop saying it

Coach34
02-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Yes. And coaches aren't allowed to speak to recruits at games anyway.

They cant speak to them at Schools during certain times either- but they do. We used to call them back into the athletic office so the State guys could talk to them a minute when I was coaching.

TXDawg
02-04-2016, 11:29 AM

To be fair, it certainly doesn't help having C34 perpetuating rumors of Dan wanting out. We, as a fanbase, do more to spread these negative rumors than anyone else. You don't see other fanbases freaking out and perpetuating negativity. Did UNM act that way when news of the LOA broke? HELL NO. They rallied the troops, spread the spin, and controlled the message.

We, as a fanbase, need to follow their example and start controlling our own message.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 11:30 AM

Haha we have a coach others want?? I guess that's why he got passed up for EVERY job he tried to get. Gotcha

Coach34
02-04-2016, 11:32 AM
To be fair, it certainly doesn't help having C34 perpetuating rumors of Dan wanting out. We, as a fanbase, do more to spread these negative rumors than anyone else. You don't see other fanbases freaking out and perpetuating negativity. Did UNM act that way when news of the LOA broke? HELL NO. They rallied the troops, spread the spin, and controlled the message.

We, as a fanbase, need to follow their example and start controlling our own message.

And again I go back to Mullen needing to get hold of his situation and stop the BS. Maryland and Miami writers both talked of it- and Georgia damn near hired him. I dont fault him for Georgia- but they also kept things pretty much quiet. The other two are bullshit and thats on him

DudyDawg
02-04-2016, 11:32 AM

Won't happen. People are too concerned with breaking news for Internet cred

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 11:35 AM

Coach you know good and well those players know when a coach is coming to see them play. And at the game you can actually sit with the parents or guardians and have dialog with them without it being a violation. Can't at school. And you said right in this posts it makes them feel important when coaches come. Same dang difference. And did Saban come on seperate days or was that his in-home visit day he came by school? I hadn't seen if it was seperate.

MadDawg
02-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Won't happen. People are too concerned with breaking news for Internet cred

It's the cool thing amongst MSU "fans" to be the first to declare a coach sucks and needs to be fired.

BossDawg
02-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Some beat writer somewhere needs to write something and call these dipshits out for sure.

BossDawg
02-04-2016, 11:50 AM
You think he should offer a Tubberville "they'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box" quote?

About 2 months ago Dan told the CL "I don't like commenting on other jobs just because it's a waste of time. I love the one that I have. Not much else on it besides that."

A week or two later at the Conerly Trophy banquet he was asked again by the CL. "I'm not talking about any of that. Every year I come here, every single year, you guys ask me the same questions. I'm not going to waste my time commenting on rumors on the Internet."

"I think the year for us, every single year it's the exact same thing. A couple years ago I was here at dinner while I was signing a contract at Penn State. The next year I was in Colorado and four and five different cities in one day when I was sitting at this award."

Nothing that Dan said was going to stop FootballScoop from writing what they wanted to write. Or stop the CL from asking him about it at every opportunity.

That is another thing I wish our leadership would address somehow: all of the media outlets that continue to push issues even after they have been addressed elsewhere. Or websites that push flat out lies like footballscoop. I'm not sure how to do it, but there are ways you can shut these people up.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 11:54 AM
he talked to 3 different schools- he did try to leave. You're glad he didnt- we get it. But many, many people see what he did and are pissed about it. Georgia's AD recommended him for the Georgia job and got overruled. He talked to Miami- confirmed by one of their beat writers. And Maryland guys were talking about a proposed contract. It wasnt just Football Scoop saying it

No he didn't! Please please show the evidence.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Haha we have a coach others want?? I guess that's why he got passed up for EVERY job he tried to get. Gotcha

Again... show the proof.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 11:56 AM
And again I go back to Mullen needing to get hold of his situation and stop the BS. Maryland and Miami writers both talked of it- and Georgia damn near hired him. I dont fault him for Georgia- but they also kept things pretty much quiet. The other two are bullshit and thats on him

Then you can produce the evidence that Dan sought these jobs.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2016, 12:00 PM

THIS. This crap took on a life of its own aided and abetted by 34 and others. Enough already.

mstatefan91
02-04-2016, 12:01 PM
I looked all thru it- still not seeing it.

You are joking right? You quoted Lashley (or someone close to Lashley) as saying it.

Straight talk on Lashley from West Point...:
"Mullen never visited- not once. Hevesy showed one damn time"

Or are you saying that Mullen went and saw Momma at home but never took the time to see Lashley at home? If so, that's just cookoo.

Mjoelner34
02-04-2016, 12:01 PM

It doesn't matter if he tried to leave or not. Personally, I have no evidence to support either side. What I do have is the common sense to know that he could have, at any time, squelched the rumors if they were not true and he chose not to and there's no doubt that probably hurt us in recruiting.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2016, 12:04 PM

Rumors, that you desperately wanted to believe so you took them as gospel. Enough already. Let's try to make this work instead of repeating stuff ad nauseum that can't help and in all probability did quite a bit of damage.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2016, 12:05 PM
It doesn't matter if he tried to leave or not. Personally, I have no evidence to support either side. What I do have is the common sense to know that he could have, at any time, squelched the rumors if they were not true and he chose not to and there's no doubt that probably hurt us in recruiting.

He did, every time he was asked about it.

Bothrops
02-04-2016, 12:05 PM
AJ never wanted to come to MSU, I learned that over and over early in the process.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 12:13 PM

You mean like the many times he has done that? They have been posted here in this thread. But ok.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Again... show the proof.

Show the proof he didn't.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 12:18 PM
He did, every time he was asked about it.

Did he ever come straight out and say these reports are false and I was never looking around? Please post here if he did because I never saw it in any interview. I saw him beat around the bush several times

yjnkdawg
02-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Why does all this have to be rehashed over and over. You can't go back in time, so if he did or didn't things can't be changed. Let's just move forward and try to keep from being out own worst enemy. And for those who said he could have squelched it. The CL ran this crap in the ground. He responded to them, which should have been sufficient, but did they give up? No, they continued to hound him with stupid questions as they are known for doing to one specific school.

tcdog70
02-04-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong, but Tuscaloosa is closer than Oxford and more of a "change" than lil' grenada

but it's a lower pay grade

HoopsDawg
02-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Then you can produce the evidence that Dan sought these jobs.

Don't be such a homer. Everyone knows Dan, at the very least, had a phone interview with Miami. And perception is reality. The perception is that Dan was actively looking to leave and this was used against us in recruiting.

Calling Dan a lazy recruiter may be a stretch, but it's a small stretch. You could easily say that Dan and his staff recruit, sure, but they got outworked for several top prospects in particular Scott Lashley.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Why does all this have to be rehashed over and over. You can't go back in time, so if he did or didn't things can't be changed. Let's just move forward and try to keep from being out own worst enemy. And for those who said he could have squelched it. The CL ran this crap in the ground. He responded to them, which should have been sufficient, but did they give up? No, they continued to hound him with stupid questions as they are known for doing to one specific school.

Because it's still being sold by people on this site to fans.

Political Hack
02-04-2016, 12:23 PM
I don't engage in it much because I think it hurts more than it helps, but ask yourself one question and you'll see why people are bitching and why it's probably justified.

Q: Who works harder in recruiting? Ole Miss's staff or State's staff?

I think we all know the answer to that question and it's frustrating. I'd be interested to know if anyone on this board thinks our staff out works theirs. If so, please chime in and let us know why you feel that way. If you're right maybe we're fine and nothing needs to change with our approach to recruiting.

tcdog70
02-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Don't be such a homer. Everyone knows Dan, at the very least, had a phone interview with Miami. And perception is reality. The perception is that Dan was actively looking to leave and this was used against us in recruiting.

Calling Dan a lazy recruiter may be a stretch, but it's a small stretch. You could easily say that Dan and his staff recruit, sure, but they got outworked for several top prospects in particular Scott Lashley.

there are too many High School Coaches that will tell you our Staff doesn't recruit to the level of Ole Miss.they have a plan we sort of just wing it. Bucky says he will not have a Coach that can not recruit at a high level. We had Tony Hughes. Now I think the 3 new Guys will be good recruiters, at least that is their MO.

QuadrupleOption
02-04-2016, 12:24 PM

Um no. That's not how it works. People making accusations are required to supply proof. Sorry I don't consider ****ing FootballScoop a viable source. That's like getting your political news from OccupyDemocrats or Rightwingnews and considering it the gospel truth. I mean, you can do it but it just makes you look like a dumbass with an agenda.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2016, 12:26 PM

Show the proof he did. I can't prove Bigfoot doesn't exist either.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 12:27 PM
I don't engage in it much because I think it hurts more than it helps, but ask yourself one question and you'll see why people are bitching and why it's probably justified.

I think we all know the answer to that question and it's frustrating. I'd be interested to know if anyone on this board thinks our staff out works theirs. If so, please chime in and let us know why you feel that way. If you're right maybe we're fine and nothing needs to change with our approach to recruiting.

I think the method is different. One has an NOA in hand with over 30 Violations. They signed a class that had 3 5 star recruits and 9 4 stars?? The other doesn't have a NOA in hand, signed 1 5 star that met a need, and 8 4 stars meeting needs.

Not much difference... yet not cheating.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2016, 12:27 PM

Everyone also should know that Miami sought him out, it wasn't the other way around like is being portrayed here.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2016, 12:29 PM
there are too many High School Coaches that will tell you our Staff doesn't recruit to the level of Ole Miss.they have a plan we sort of just wing it. Bucky says he will not have a Coach that can not recruit at a high level. We had Tony Hughes. Now I think the 3 new Guys will be good recruiters, at least that is their MO.

And an NCAA NOA to go with it, recruiting at a high level indeed.

Coach34
02-04-2016, 12:33 PM
You are joking right? You quoted Lashley (or someone close to Lashley) as saying it.

Straight talk on Lashley from West Point...:
"Mullen never visited- not once. Hevesy showed one damn time"

Or are you saying that Mullen went and saw Momma at home but never took the time to see Lashley at home? If so, that's just cookoo.

I said in the thread I talked to the WP coaches and this was referencing school visits. I never said he didnt do an in-home.

maroonmania
02-04-2016, 12:36 PM

Please take this post and mail it to the recruits themselves (Lashley and Brown). THEY are the ones primarily promulgating these lies and doing it, I guess, to make their decisions more acceptable to their community and friends on why they basically flipped off MSU and went other places

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Show the proof he did. I can't prove Bigfoot doesn't exist either.

I know you are but what am I. He said to show prove he did and I said to show the proof he didn't. So I'm failing to see your point. But that's not surprising, you're the worst

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Um no. That's not how it works. People making accusations are required to supply proof. Sorry I don't consider ****ing FootballScoop a viable source. That's like getting your political news from OccupyDemocrats or Rightwingnews and considering it the gospel truth. I mean, you can do it but it just makes you look like a dumbass with an agenda.

So his name just happened to pop up in every coaching search while other top coaches didn't. Oh yeh I forgot, his "agent" was the one behind it all. I'd rather be a dumbass with an agenda rather than an ignorant, gullible dumbass

Coach34
02-04-2016, 12:46 PM

Now go get your ****ing shinebox:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2015/12/01/report-dan-mullen-interviewed-miami/76611244/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2015/12/01/report-dan-mullen-interviewed-miami/76611244/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25396650/report-miami-interviews-dan-mullen-butch-davis-talking-to-mark-richt

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2015/12/01/Report-Dan-Mullen-speaks-with-University-of-Miami-about-opening/3341449002849/

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terrapins-football/2015/11/25/9798026/dan-mullen-maryland-coaching-search-candidates

http://gridironnow.com/dan-mullen-said-to-be-viable-candidate-at-maryland/

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/dan-mullen-maryland-talk-heating

and there are 50 more articles I could link

maroonmania
02-04-2016, 12:47 PM

As I have said, the rumors had more impact this time because MSU people were confirming the rumors (C34 being one of the biggest instigators). That's a fact. Rumors of Dan with other coaching jobs have been around in various years but they have never really hurt recruiting that I can tell much until this year. I have no doubt the rumors were indeed true this time but we still would have been better off if people would have just sat on the information until after recruiting season was over.

Political Hack
02-04-2016, 12:49 PM
I think the method is different. One has an NOA in hand with over 30 Violations. They signed a class that had 3 5 star recruits and 9 4 stars?? The other doesn't have a NOA in hand, signed 1 5 star that met a need, and 8 4 stars meeting needs.

Not much difference... yet not cheating.

1) if you can't admit they out worked us, there's no point in having this conversation.

2) they signed around 10 players that are top 10 in the country at their position, including the best QB and LT in the nation. And this guy isn't like the other high school QB's they've signed. He's legit.

It does help they'll be on serious probation soon though.

mstatefan91
02-04-2016, 12:51 PM
I said in the thread I talked to the WP coaches and this was referencing school visits. I never said he didnt do an in-home.
Gotcha.

yjnkdawg
02-04-2016, 12:54 PM

The Network is what makes Freeze and his staff successful. Is Freeze a great recruiter? Yeah with the Network he is, but without it. he would just be a good recruiter. He is excellent at BS and telling these prima donna 5* players how great they are, and their famillies about how he is going to take care of their child, but what closes the deal is the Network. I agree we need to step up our recruiting efforts and get some recruiters on staff, as has been done with the last two hirees. If somebody is not producing , whether they are a good buddy or not, move them on out, and get somebody who wants to succeed and move our football program forward. What I don't want to see is for us to try and become an OM and use their tatics to recruit. First off we more than likely get put on probation, because that bunch up north is good at playing that game, but the main thing is we would be losing the good character type players, as well as our integrity in recruiting kids who are good team players and and exemplify good character both on and off the field.

QuadrupleOption
02-04-2016, 01:10 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25396650/report-miami-interviews-dan-mullen-butch-davis-talking-to-mark-richt

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2015/12/01/Report-Dan-Mullen-speaks-with-University-of-Miami-about-opening/3341449002849/

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terrapins-football/2015/11/25/9798026/dan-mullen-maryland-coaching-search-candidates

Look, I don't want to get into a big to-do over all this, but quite frankly the "Mullen interviewed with Miami" thing all derived from one source, which was a beat reporter in Miami.

From the article:

Dan Mullen: Has interviewed for the job, sources told the Post (update: ESPN reported Tuesday afternoon that Miami spoke with Mullen “in the last 24 hours). Mullen, 54-35 at Mississippi State and Urban Meyer’s offensive coordinator at Florida, has been linked to Georgia (reportedly his “dream job”) and South Carolina. If he landed at Miami, it would be interesting to see how his spread offense would mesh with Brad Kaaya, a drop-back passer (though other Hurricanes could certainly benefit).

I don't doubt that Mullen spoke with Miami because they reached out to him on the phone. He didn't fly down there and it probably never got past their initial pitch. If you think about it, I don't understand why they even called him since he reportedly pissed them off in 2010. http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2010/dan-mullen-miami-ego/

As far as Maryland goes, none of what you linked discussed that he had interviewed - just that he was a candidate. The last link is a message board post, which claims "It's starting to heat up. Maryland people are contacting him and it's becoming a serious deal now." So once again, they called him.

I remember after the his second season when Miami called him up the first time he stated that he was always willing to listen if someone wanted to talk to him. That doesn't mean he's automatically looking to jump ship. If he wanted to do that, he could have gone to Maryland since they were interested in him.

I do agree that in the future he needs to tell his agent to shut this stuff down, or else be a Hell of a lot more discrete about taking phone calls because it most likely didn't help our recruiting efforts.

maroonmania
02-04-2016, 01:12 PM
The Network is what makes Freeze and his staff successful. Is Freeze a great recruiter? Yeah with the Network he is, but without it. he would just be a good recruiter. He is excellent at BS and telling these prima donna 5* players how great they are, and their famillies about how he is going to take care of their child, but what closes the deal is the Network. I agree we need to step up our recruiting efforts and get some recruiters on staff, as has been done with the last two hirees. If somebody is not producing , whether they are a good buddy or not, move them on out, and get somebody who wants to succeed and move our football program forward. What I don't want to see is for us to try and become an OM and use their tatics to recruit. First off we more than likely get put on probation, because that bunch up north is good at playing that game, but the main thing is we would be losing the good character type players, as well as our integrity in recruiting kids who are good team players and and exemplify good character both on and off the field.

Right now I would love for Mullen and Hev to just get to the GOOD level. There is charisma and salesmanship involved in recruiting. Some of our coaches have no charisma and know nothing of selling a product by making it sound as good as possible. Its not enough just to get the guys that want to play for you already, you need the ability to get guys that didn't care if they played for you to WANT to play for you. We don't do much of that. Yes, Freeze is a great recruiter because he's got the network working in the background but he is a much better salesman than Mullen anyway. One reason being he LOVES recruiting, doesn't take much to see Mullen only views it as a necessary evil.

Intramural All-American
02-04-2016, 01:14 PM
exactly- we signed 3 OL guys when we needed at least 5. And T-Buck gifted us one of them in the month he was hired. Hev had 3 years to build relationships with OL prospects and all he could land was 2 guys. TWO.

It's a myth that we needed 5. We had 6 freshmen OL last year whether true or RS, plus we redshirted Rankin. Adding 3 new ones this year will give us 9 freshmen and sophomore OL which is plenty. Plus with this next class where we can sign 30, we will get at least 5 OL.

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Here is how bad Hevesy is. We can guarantee one of the most valuable things to a good player: playing time. So we can offer playing time to these guys in the best football conference in the nation and these players talk to Hevesy and still say..."uhhh...no thanks." lol

Coach34
02-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Look, I don't want to get into a big to-do over all this, but quite frankly the "Mullen interviewed with Miami" thing all derived from one source, which was a beat reporter in Miami.

From the article:

I don't doubt that Mullen spoke with Miami because they reached out to him on the phone. He didn't fly down there and it probably never got past their initial pitch. If you think about it, I don't understand why they even called him since he reportedly pissed them off in 2010. http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2010/dan-mullen-miami-ego/

As far as Maryland goes, none of what you linked discussed that he had interviewed - just that he was a candidate. The last link is a message board post, which claims "It's starting to heat up. Maryland people are contacting him and it's becoming a serious deal now." So once again, they called him.

I remember after the his second season when Miami called him up the first time he stated that he was always willing to listen if someone wanted to talk to him. That doesn't mean he's automatically looking to jump ship. If he wanted to do that, he could have gone to Maryland since they were interested in him.

I do agree that in the future he needs to tell his agent to shut this stuff down, or else be a Hell of a lot more discrete about taking phone calls because it most likely didn't help our recruiting efforts.

I brought all this out on Elite before one article was even published. I said he was talking to schools-but I didnt know who. Then all these articles started coming out. You can deny it all you want- but he did. Stuff like this doesnt happen it he wasnt.

Perception is reality. And the perception far and wide is that he interviewed with other schools. As I said- I heard about it and posted it on Elite before any of this articles popped up. Thats not a coincidence.

Coach34
02-04-2016, 01:28 PM
It's a myth that we needed 5. We had 6 freshmen OL last year whether true or RS, plus we redshirted Rankin. Adding 3 new ones this year will give us 9 freshmen and sophomore OL which is plenty. Plus with this next class where we can sign 30, we will get at least 5 OL.

We lose Johnson, Clayborn, Senior, Desper...we didnt have 1 Soph OL player this past season. Not one. We needed more linemen this year to get them in to RS and get ready for 2017. That cant be denied

yjnkdawg
02-04-2016, 01:30 PM

I agree we need more coaches that can recruit. That high level would never flourish without their Network. So if we are going to try and recruit like OM at that high level, then we would probably be looking at an NOA, before some of those players we recruited even saw playing time in an actual game. They have been playing this recruiting game since the Vaught era. It has become more sophisticated and they are casting their nets out for the bigger fish now, who the Bamas', Georgias' etc. are also fishing for. If they had continued to be doing what they were doing when they were fishing in the pond, and not the big lake then they would probably not even be seeing an NOA.

blacklistedbully
02-04-2016, 01:49 PM
I brought all this out on Elite before one article was even published. I said he was talking to schools-but I didnt know who. Then all these articles started coming out. You can deny it all you want- but he did. Stuff like this doesnt happen it he wasnt.

Perception is reality. And the perception far and wide is that he interviewed with other schools. As I said- I heard about it and posted it on Elite before any of this articles popped up. Thats not a coincidence.

I can add that I have a friend in Cali that is a VT alum and formerly a very well-connected political guy. He has been involved in Mississippi politics in the past. He told me his sources were saying Maryland was very close to signing Mullen, but at the last minute he pulled out. Earlier he had told me the VT guys were also talking to Mullen about replacing Beamer, but ultimately decided to go with Fuente.

The Maryland info he gave me was well before stuff came out in the news. I actually laughed at the time and said, "I could see Mullen going to UGA, and I wouldn't blame him if he did. But there is no way in hell Mullen would consider Maryland! That would be a step down.".

He replied, "Maybe so, but all I can tell you is my sources say they are in serious talks but there seems to be something holding things up, perhaps a clause in the contract. He said they were pitching Dan on how much easier it could be to win conference titles compared to the SEC West."

Coach007
02-04-2016, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the links. All of the ones to the CL are the same. So 3 of those links are actually 1. All of the others that involve Mullen interviewing for the Miami job came from one source and each article site that source. The Sun-Sentinel.

The talk of Mullen to Maryland was nothing but a rumor and talking points for the media. They never suggested he interviewed. They simply stated he would be a nice hire.

Then another is a message board blog!!!!!! So in reality, there is only 1 that I need to deal with. The Sun-Sentinel

And here is that answer:

“I’m not talking about any of that,” Mullen said. “Every year I come here, every single year you guys ask me the same questions. I’m not going to waste time commenting on rumors on the Internet.”

“The only year you haven’t asked is my first year as a head coach,” Mullen said. “So it’s the same thing. Just because it’s on the Internet doesn’t mean it’s true.”

“You’re either getting hired or you’re getting fired so I think the success we’ve had speaks for itself,” Mullen said. “This time of year, there’s not as many games to talk about anymore so they got to have something to talk about on sports radio.”

Mullen reiterated how he deals with these questions every year at this event.

“A couple years ago, I was here at dinner while I was signing a contract at Penn State and then the next year I was in Colorado and like four or five different cities in one day when I was sitting here at this award,” Mullen said. “So it’s the exact same thing.”

So again... Nothing else to do but keep hearing year after year... watch people post on it... and at some point.. You will be right.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 02:02 PM
1) if you can't admit they out worked us, there's no point in having this conversation.

2) they signed around 10 players that are top 10 in the country at their position, including the best QB and LT in the nation. And this guy isn't like the other high school QB's they've signed. He's legit.

It does help they'll be on serious probation soon though.

Again... They have an NOA in hand. We don't. If out working them means we live in fear of a NOA... no thank you.

Coach34
02-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the links. All of the ones to the CL are the same. So 3 of those links are actually 1. All of the others that involve Mullen interviewing for the Miami job came from one source and each article site that source. The Sun-Sentinel.

The talk of Mullen to Maryland was nothing but a rumor and talking points for the media. They never suggested he interviewed. They simply stated he would be a nice hire.

Then another is a message board blog!!!!!! So in reality, there is only 1 that I need to deal with. The Sun-Sentinel

And here is that answer:

“I’m not talking about any of that,” Mullen said. “Every year I come here, every single year you guys ask me the same questions. I’m not going to waste time commenting on rumors on the Internet.”

“The only year you haven’t asked is my first year as a head coach,” Mullen said. “So it’s the same thing. Just because it’s on the Internet doesn’t mean it’s true.”

“You’re either getting hired or you’re getting fired so I think the success we’ve had speaks for itself,” Mullen said. “This time of year, there’s not as many games to talk about anymore so they got to have something to talk about on sports radio.”

Mullen reiterated how he deals with these questions every year at this event.

“A couple years ago, I was here at dinner while I was signing a contract at Penn State and then the next year I was in Colorado and like four or five different cities in one day when I was sitting here at this award,” Mullen said. “So it’s the exact same thing.”

So again... Nothing else to do but keep hearing year after year... watch people post on it... and at some point.. You will be right.

ok Sunshine. Live in your world where you dream in cartoons and I'll live in the real one. I gave you evidence- and there are 50 more articles. Either you see it or you dont want to. All those articles werent written about Freezus, Bielema, and many other coaches- and there is a reason why. You have a nice day

Coursesuper
02-04-2016, 02:14 PM

I heard that Coach C would rather not see Hevesy and goes the other way when he shows up.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 02:33 PM
The one thing that drives me nuts in the this thread is that there is this assumption that ALL of Ole Miss' recruiting success is due to cheating.

There is no doubt that some of their success is due to cheating, but I believe a good portion of it is also due to them working their ass off in recruiting, pushing the envelope, going the extra mile, & being creative. Money may seal the deal for them many times, but the kids have still got to be comfortable enough with the school to pick them.

I just think we are making a mistake by crediting all of their recruiting success to cheating & not learning from some of the things they do right. Like Political said, Who's staff works harder in recruiting: MSU or Ole Miss? That's all that it comes down to for me.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 02:34 PM
ok Sunshine. Live in your world where you dream in cartoons and I'll live in the real one. I gave you evidence- and there are 50 more articles. Either you see it or you dont want to. All those articles werent written about Freezus, Bielema, and many other coaches- and there is a reason why. You have a nice day

No, you gave me A source..1. That's it. 1. Just because that 1 source is used by several publications does mean its now more than 1 source.

Freeze touted for this job http://sportsnola.com/hugh-freeze-makes-sense-as-head-coaching-candidate-at-lsu/

Freeze touted for this job: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2014/12/01/hugh-freeze-jim-mcelwain-reportedly-are-top-candidates-for-florida-football-job/

Freeze touted for this job: http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2015-georgia-coaching-candidates/

Is he looking to leave? DAMN it's KILLING their recruiting isn't it.

And here is your FOOTBALL SCOOP with another SCOOP OF POOP http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-nebraska-seems-locked/

Per sources, Nebraska is targeting Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema and is in serious talks with him. Eichorst and Bielema has an extensive relationship

But here's the truth C34.... It's obvious you have an ax to grind with the staff or maybe just Mullen. Most see it. It isn't about logic for you. It isn't about FACTS even. It's about whatever you can take and make a twisted point.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 02:36 PM
The one thing that drives me nuts in the this thread is that there is this assumption that ALL of Ole Miss' recruiting success is due to cheating.

There is no doubt that some of their success is due to cheating, but I believe a good portion of it is also due to them working their ass off in recruiting, pushing the envelope, going the extra mile, & being creative. Money may seal the deal for them many times, but the kids have still got to be comfortable enough with the school to pick them.

I just think we are making a mistake by crediting all of their recruiting success to cheating & not learning from some of the things they do right. Like Political said, Who's staff works harder in recruiting: MSU or Ole Miss? That's all that it comes down to for me.

Right. I agree. BUT the ranking of the class is due to cheating. That looks good. that builds perception. Butch is livid over Kongo and the money thrown at him.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Right. I agree. BUT the ranking of the class is due to cheating. That looks good. that builds perception. Butch is livid over Kongo and the money thrown at him.

Ok, so maybe their final ranking is due to cheating, but I still think they would have finished with a top 20 class without cheating. In numerous threads on this board, it has been mentioned that the Ole Miss coaches went the extra mile, weird or not, on certain players.

HoopsDawg
02-04-2016, 02:46 PM

Kongo signed with UT so how much did they have to pay?

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 02:51 PM

Nothing. They brought an African high priest with them it made a bigger impression than Hugh's cute candles and mask.

Political Hack
02-04-2016, 03:00 PM
I'm not going to get into a back and forth, but CDM had a foot out the door and the seriousness with Miami was legit this time around. I'm also not so sure it was just a phone call either...

Regardless, pick up the pieces and move on. He has a chance to recommit right now and if he does 99.9% of the fan base will follow him without question as he leads our program.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 03:02 PM

I hate that arguement that if somebody offered a kid money and he did not take it that he accepted money elsewhere. You can't keep people from offering you.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 03:05 PM
I'm not going to get into a back and forth, but CDM had a foot out the door and the seriousness with Miami was legit this time around. I'm also not so sure it was just a phone call either...

Regardless, pick up the pieces and move on. He has a chance to recommit right now and if he does 99.9% of the fan base will follow him without question as he leads our program.

It was an impossibility for him to be in 2 places at once. Simply a rumor. It was all from 1 source. From there people like FELDMAN said they "knew for a fact" Mullen wanted out.

and click click click #makethatmoney

basedog
02-04-2016, 03:09 PM

You were spreading rumors not facts as you like to say. It's ok 34 we all make mistakes.

HoopsDawg
02-04-2016, 03:09 PM
I hate that arguement that if somebody offered a kid money and he did not take it that he accepted money elsewhere. You can't keep people from offering you.

Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 03:10 PM

I agree with this last part. And it should go both ways. We can't keep eating our own. Rich Rod flies to So Car and all but agrees to leave AZ has a change of heart and is celebrated for staying. Sonny Dykes went to and interviewed for 17 jobs while negotiating for money money with Cal and they sigh relief when he stayed. We can choose to keep wallowing in with the back and forth or pull together and move forward.

mic
02-04-2016, 03:13 PM

100% correct...

Coach34
02-04-2016, 03:20 PM
I'm thru arguing with a dumbass

yjnkdawg
02-04-2016, 03:23 PM

They are really good or great recruiters. Because they tell the kids what they want to hear and not that you will have to come in and work hard and earn a spot. Oh, yeah and character and being ethical means zero to OM, so keep that in mind. They put on this smoke screen about how they just want to help the young men become a better person, but the bottom line is the W's They want to win football games period. However, most of these highly rated players want the "love" and the "money", and most are not going to OM unless the latter is included, unless they grew up being a "Rebel" and then they still may want more than the "love". Some of the highly rated recruits have the correct upbringing and morals to not fall into the trap as the outstanding defensive player we got yesterday. OH, and Auburn has used the OM ( we are always going to do what is right and on the up and up) ploy back during Camgate days.

HoopsDawg
02-04-2016, 03:26 PM

Goodness decision. It's only him and maybe 3 other posters that disagree with you.

oldjoedawg
02-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Well, that is what happens when you argue with yourself......LOL

Coach007
02-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Goodness decision. It's only him and maybe 3 other posters that disagree with you.

yeah... that's all there is.

shannondawg
02-04-2016, 03:40 PM

Let me get this straight, Dan caused us to have a terrible recruiting class, cause he talked to Miami back in Dec which he might have or have not been offered the job. But it didn't hurt om being reported with 30 violation a week before signing day.

Political Hack
02-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Let me get this straight, Dan caused us to have a terrible recruiting class, cause he talked to Miami back in Dec which he might have or have not been offered the job. But it didn't hurt om being reported with 30 violation a week before signing day.

Yes. That's exactly what happened. OM won the PR war despite having much, much worse problems. We essentially couldn't sell a life preserver to a drowning man, but it's mostly because the drowning men wouldn't let go of their duffle bags full of money to grab the life preserver. So, yeah, that's a big part of it too.

QuadrupleOption
02-04-2016, 03:57 PM

If the kid or the kid's handlers are asking for money, and you don't pony up and they sign elsewhere, then yeah - they took a better deal.

See: Newton, Cam

MarketingBully
02-04-2016, 03:59 PM
We didn't lose Lashley because of Dan Mullen. We lost him because of Hevesy. Heck, Alabama didn't start recruiting Lashley until December. The WP coaches said that Dan Mullen hadn't been to WPHS this semester but it was because he used up his school visit between Thanksgiving and December of last year so technically they are correct. A head coach can only visit the school once after Thanksgiving. Saban of course visited in January because of when Alabama had started recruited him. Add to the fact that it was a battle of Cristobel vs Hevesy fight and you might as well of just conceded it then. Hevesy not visiting him and not making him feel welcome to me is the reason we lost this fight.

MarketingBully
02-04-2016, 04:01 PM
If the kid or the kid's handlers are asking for money, and you don't pony up and they sign elsewhere, then yeah - they took a better deal.

See: Newton, Cam

AJ Brown was bought but I think we just got out worked by Cristobel vs Hevesy for Lashley.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Yes. That's exactly what happened. OM won the PR war despite having much, much worse problems. We essentially couldn't sell a life preserver to a drowning man, but it's mostly because the drowning men wouldn't let go of their duffle bags full of money to grab the life preserver. So, yeah, that's a big part of it too.

Yes this is right. We help perpetuate the bear propaganda machine. They spin everything in positive way, we on the other hand point out every weakness we have. The Bears have a huge zit on their nose they say "nothing to see here", we not only point out the zit but every other imperfection. We complain about the media always painting us in a negative light but we as a fanbase do the same thing constantly. How can we expect anyone else to think positively about us when we can't even do it ourselves. It's amazing! Smh.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 04:36 PM

He is literally one of the dumbest and gullible humans I've ever come across. I'm sure he thinks the lead in Flint's water is actually fairy dust that is gonna make them live forever

Dawgtini
02-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Everyone also should know that Miami sought him out, it wasn't the other way around like is being portrayed here.

Exactly. According to the best verifiable information.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2016, 05:02 PM

How do you always manage to stay so level headed when the majority on here are losing their minds? I always like your take on issues because it seems to be based on logic and not emotion. Thank you!

Commercecomet24
02-04-2016, 05:08 PM

This is correct. Apparently our spin cycle is broke.

Coach007
02-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Yes this is right. We help perpetuate the bear propaganda machine. They spin everything in positive way, we on the other hand point out every weakness we have. The Bears have a huge zit on their nose they say "nothing to see here", we not only point out the zit but every other imperfection. We complain about the media always painting us in a negative light but we as a fanbase do the same thing constantly. How can we expect anyone else to think positively about us when we can't even do it ourselves. It's amazing! Smh.

Yep... I don't think I saw the Mullen wants out and is interviewing at a million different schools anywhere but here. I did see a lot of links to this site talking about it.

Coach34
02-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Yep... I don't think I saw the Mullen wants out and is interviewing at a million different schools anywhere but here. I did see a lot of links to this site talking about it.

Google is your friend...you were shown plenty of links and there are at least 50 more out there. We cant see it for you. Time to move on

I seen it dawg
02-04-2016, 08:15 PM

If it's so bad why don't you get the **** out. You would increase the intellect by leaving.