PDA

View Full Version : David Cutcliffe

Maroon Blood
02-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Coach Cutcliffe was let go by the administration at OM, because he would not show them a "plan" for the future. Think about it.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-04-2016, 10:23 AM
I lived in Oxford when Cutcliffe was hired. He went to the same church as i did. I remember when he first got there, right after church had ended, several people gathered around him and started talking football. I walked over to be nosy, and someone asked him what are you going to do to counter Jackie Sherrill and recruiting in Mississippi. The way it was asked you could tell it was being implied that Jackie was a cheater and OM was losing recruits because of it. Cutcliffe replied, you've got to be prepared to lose some guys, we're not going to play that game. The looks on the peoples faces told me all I needed to know. That pretty much ended the conversation.

On a related note, Cutcliffe's son was recently named the head coach of Oxford High School. I wonder if he'll hold a grudge against OM because of his dad and not be as accommodating regarding recruiting. Nah, all the Cutcliffe's were good people and are better than that. It will be interesting to follow his career. I could see him climbing the ladder into college before too long.