PDA

View Full Version : Dan- "We only had room for 1 WR in this class". Whatever.

Leroy Jenkins
02-04-2016, 01:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCUQaGrvLrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk0L9Qm0UIA

Someone (Bonner?) asked Dan about AJs comment that MSU didnt recruit him very hard..." We recruited him as hard as we recruited everyone else, our program is not for everyone."
Too high maintenance?

SDDawg
02-04-2016, 02:10 AM
That's a damned lie and he knows it. Silly.

ETA- I watched this again and 2 things stood out. 1) Dan's one spot comment was really more about X receiver than anything else. 2) I do not think he wanted AJ at the end. Something happened to drive a wedge, not worth speculating about but Dan was clearly not sad about this one.

dawgs
02-04-2016, 02:27 AM
:rolleyes:

Todd4State
02-04-2016, 02:32 AM
To be fair, I wouldn't expect him to say "we didn't recruit him hard."

The problem is in Dan's mind he really did recruit him as hard as everyone else.

Lashley essentially said the same thing- he just committed to a different school.

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 02:43 AM
The thing is what the athletes are saying doesn't match up with some of their own statements but especially the NCAA. A coaching staff can't go off campus to their school or away from school (in home) more than once a week after the last day of Nov. From that time until the dead period (including the other dead periods in Dec & Jan when you can't have any face to face contact) you have a total of 6 off campus visits and NO more than one per week. That includes the HC visits.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2016, 03:17 AM
The thing is what the athletes are saying doesn't match up with some of their own statements but especially the NCAA. A coaching staff can't go off campus to their school or away from school (in home) more than once a week after the last day of Nov. From that time until the dead period (including the other dead periods in Dec & Jan when you can't have any face to face contact) you have a total of 6 off campus visits and NO more than one per week. That includes the HC visits.

These are local kids that are trying to cover their ass because they're getting some heat. So blame the coaches. It's like Clark said what they're saying now doesn't match what they said before. Don't believe the spin. They're saying what they've been told to say. It's not that hard to figure out.

BrunswickDawg
02-04-2016, 05:33 AM
These are local kids that are trying to cover their ass because they're getting some heat. So blame the coaches. It's like Clark said what they're saying now doesn't match what they said before. Don't believe the spin. They're saying what they've been told to say. It's not that hard to figure out.
And if they - or their handlers - read any of our boards they see that a narrative has been established that the staff is lazy and people are ready to pounce. We are our own worst enemy.

Coach34
02-04-2016, 06:57 AM
And if they - or their handlers - read any of our boards they see that a narrative has been established that the staff is lazy and people are ready to pounce. We are our own worst enemy.

Well- the staff is lazy. I've seen it firsthand. And to say T-Buck was shocked at what was going on when he got here would be an understatement.

PassInterference
02-04-2016, 07:36 AM
I've only got a little room to give a shit about coaches who do not give relentless effort in recruiting.

Pack you bags, Dan.

AFDawg
02-04-2016, 08:28 AM

Exactly. We also have Knott saying we were the only school to recruit him after his commitment. We have some problems with the way we recruit, but I don't buy AJ's "they didn't try hard enough" line. The claim that we never visited Lashley is more concerning, though.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Could it not be entirely possible these kids are saying what they are saying to deflect some heat off of themselves. We all agree that Steve and Paul and Robbie are stand up guys and they themselves are saying they saw our coaches at Starkville and West Point a lot of times. And if AJ is saying freeze saw him more then his in home, one game, and official then he is saying freeze committed violations while recruiting him

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Could it not be entirely possible these kids are saying what they are saying to deflect some heat off of themselves. We all agree that Steve and Paul and Robbie are stand up guys and they themselves are saying they saw our coaches at Starkville and West Point a lot of times. And if AJ is saying freeze saw him more then his in home, one game, and official then he is saying freeze committed violations while recruiting him

I agree with that. But it's become a narrative against our staff. I don't buy the staff is lazy narrative. We do need to adjust how we do things and some personnel or how they do things on the trail. I agree with those who have made that point

mic
02-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Of course Bonner asked him that...
I know I know... He is just "doing his job..."

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 08:59 AM
Our staff isn't lazy. Hevesy is lazy. How many photos have recruits sent out with Hevesy in them? Even Corey Charles sent a pic out with him and Salach. Hevesy is pulling us down.

Todd4State
02-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Or maybe it didn't seem like we were showing up as much since the GTR is Hevesy's area and all they were seeing was one of our coaches vs. two from everyone else.

Todd4State
02-04-2016, 09:04 AM
And as far as Dan and his one WR comment- didn't we have Farrar and Couch committed at one time?

Johnson85
02-04-2016, 09:07 AM

ETA- I watched this again and 2 things stood out. 1) Dan's one spot comment was really more about X receiver than anything else. 2) I do not think he wanted AJ at the end. Something happened to drive a wedge, not worth speculating about but Dan was clearly not sad about this one.

I think Dan clearly would rather pass than do some of the things some high profile kids respond to. He probably tells himself that kids that respond to that type stuff will ultimately be trouble than they're worth, which I think has a grain of truth there, but I think ultimately is rationalization for him letting his pride prevent him from recruiting the way some other coaches do.

Dawgtini
02-04-2016, 09:08 AM

Farrar and Cush were to be the "replacements" for AJ and Lashley is my opinion. Just unfortunate that they were also plan B for their dream schools.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 09:09 AM
Well- the staff is lazy. I've seen it firsthand. And to say T-Buck was shocked at what was going on when he got here would be an understatement.

Can you elaborate on this?

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Or maybe it didn't seem like we were showing up as much since the GTR is Hevesy's area and all they were seeing was one of our coaches vs. two from everyone else.

Those other teams were not sending multiple coaches every week. And to hear the rumor now that UNM had a different coach at SHS every day and spent all day there. Either people need to send that to the NCAA immediately or it's another spin job for someone's agenda. 1 visit per week. Add another if the HC is making his visit that week.

solodawg
02-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Exactly. We also have Knott saying we were the only school to recruit him after his commitment. We have some problems with the way we recruit, but I don't buy AJ's "they didn't try hard enough" line. The claim that we never visited Lashley is more concerning, though.
Our coaching staff was not surprised at all that AJ choose OM. AJ's statement "I didn't feel wanted" pretty much nails it. The last month or so we were harder after Kobe than AJ as far as the Starkvlle guys go. I live downtown S'ville and daddy Brown was strutting like a cock rooster with our staff the last few months. I'm glad CDM didn't play the game on this one. As you can tell, the Browns are pissed now.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-04-2016, 09:36 AM
Exactly. The kid took to Twitter yesterday to try to embarrass us and our coaches. Why entertain that. Let him embarrass himself. Lord know he spit in starkvilles face on purpose. So let him go hang out in Oxford. Yancy has a stall next to him reserved

mic
02-04-2016, 09:53 AM
Exactly. The kid took to Twitter yesterday to try to embarrass us and our coaches. Why entertain that. Let him embarrass himself. Lord know he spit in starkvilles face on purpose. So let him go hang out in Oxford. Yancy has a stall next to him reserved

I agree.. Let's move on from this kid..
He got what he and his family wanted in the end ..

WR coach there at UMiss may have some trouble getting these kids to by in , with them knowing they make more than he does..

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 09:57 AM

And it back fired on him. And with the way Dan handled the question at press conference basically turned it back to the real problem. The one staring at AJ in the mirror.

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 09:58 AM
I agree.. Let's move on from this kid..
He got what he and his family wanted in the end ..

WR coach there at UMiss may have some trouble getting these kids to by in , with them knowing they make more than he does..

There are multiple teams in the SEC with a smaller payroll that just that position group. Unreal

engie
02-04-2016, 09:59 AM
Good thing we're sitting on those 10 extra scholarships**

What Mullen said here pissed me off. He thinks we're idiots. He is obviously not being held accountable here. He just self-imposed about a 10 scholarship probation for the year by significantly undersigning and missing targets at the end is no excuse for it -- and he is indignant enough to expect us not to realize it. I can't speak for everyone -- but I'd be a lot more patient with a "we missed on a couple of targets and are going to work hard to fill the voids next year" truth -- rather than a dick to the face.

rtdawg
02-04-2016, 09:59 AM

So you think T-Buck will be able to have a more positive influence since he is here and change some of this shit?

Dawgology
02-04-2016, 10:01 AM
I will say this once more. I would have loved to have AJ. He would have been a hero in Starkville and started for 3 years here. But now:

**** him. I hope he fails miserably and really enjoys probation. May he get all the blonde whores he wants...and then get the clap. **** off, AJ. He is the enemy now.

Dawgtini
02-04-2016, 10:43 AM
I will say this once more. I would have loved to have AJ. He would have been a hero in Starkville and started for 3 years here. But now:

**** him. I hope he fails miserably and really enjoys probation. May he get all the blonde whores he wants...and then get the clap. **** off, AJ. He is the enemy now.

I don't normally agree with Dawgology, but when I do it is because he has a post full of awesome and truth.

the59dawg
02-04-2016, 10:44 AM

What Mullen said here pissed me off. He thinks we're idiots. He is obviously not being held accountable here. He just self-imposed about a 10 scholarship probation for the year by significantly undersigning and missing targets at the end is no excuse for it -- and he is indignant enough to expect us not to realize it. I can't speak for everyone -- but I'd be a lot more patient with a "we missed on a couple of targets and are going to work hard to fill the voids next year" truth -- rather than a dick to the face.

Well please make sure you know and everybody else also that you ARE NOT speaking for me. We made some mistakes along the way this year, but until you can get the Pres, AD, and head coach to buy in to the crap that OM is doing, I wish you would just shut the 17 up!!! You and ones like you are ;not helping MSU one iota with your bitching and moaning about firing coaches. I wish you would try to go visit with Scott and explain it to him so he gets it. Maybe we will have some success then. It is early enough to get started for next year right now. Pls let me know what Scott thinks about that thought.

Coach34
02-04-2016, 10:52 AM
So you think T-Buck will be able to have a more positive influence since he is here and change some of this shit?

I certainly hope so. Think about this:

T-Buck gifted us another OL signee because of his Fla State connections. Had he not pulled that for us- Ol Hev would have reeled in just 2 offensive linemen. TWO. In a year we needed 5.

Hevesy is an Albatross

engie
02-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Well please make sure you know and everybody else also that you ARE NOT speaking for me. We made some mistakes along the way this year, but until you can get the Pres, AD, and head coach to buy in to the crap that OM is doing, I wish you would just shut the 17 up!!! You and ones like you are ;not helping MSU one iota with your bitching and moaning about firing coaches. I wish you would try to go visit with Scott and explain it to him so he gets it. Maybe we will have some success then. It is early enough to get started for next year right now. Pls let me know what Scott thinks about that thought.

^ Too stupid to argue with. When you actually want to argue a single actual point I made instead of making up dumb bs to rally against, get back with me.

DudyDawg
02-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Can you elaborate on this?

Probably not

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-04-2016, 10:59 AM

Since you mentioned it. Where are the 10 scholarships we are sitting on. Do the math. Add the 18 to what we have on campus. It don't equal 75. So where's the 10 we are sitting on. We are at 85. Everybody has said this would be a small class due to the limited number of seniors. Next year we can sign 25-30 easily.

engie
02-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Since you mentioned it. Where are the 10 scholarships we are sitting on. Do the math. Add the 18 to what we have on campus. It don't equal 75. So where's the 10 we are sitting on. We are at 85. Everybody has said this would be a small class due to the limited number of seniors. Next year we can sign 25-30 easily.

We are not even close to 85. Someone is lying to you or you are lying to yourself. I don't care what "everyone said" to toe a party line nor do I care about the "small senior class" line -- We lost 3 juniors to the draft -- several OL to unexpected attrition -- potentially 2 underclassmen to medical scholarships -- the 2013 class was decimated with defections -- and in the end needed to take 24-25 in this class and needed to take 3-4 more JUCOs to bridge the gap. We were at ~ 63 returning scholarship players leading in to signing day.

We are at ~ 81 right now, today, assuming zero attrition and everyone gets in. Which isn't going to happen. We didn't have to be at 85 until August -- and there will be summer attrition as well. We should have been at 88-90 right now. Like everyone else in the conference we are attempting to compete in and let the creme rise to the top. Instead, we are going to have some really happy kickers and walk-ons I'm sure.

Look -- I'm not saying to fire Mullen -- and I'm not his most vocal critic nor ardent supporter. But don't piss on my face and tell me it's raining.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-04-2016, 11:02 AM
If you say so. But I have the list in front of me. We are at 85.

engie
02-04-2016, 11:11 AM
If you say so. But I have the list in front of me. We are at 85.

Well good -- should be really easy to post the list then.

So, we really didn't have spots for AJ and Lashley... Were only taking one WR the whole time****

Awarded walk-ons post-attrition in a previous August /=/ scholarship players for the rest of their careers either. Which is what your "list" is going to have a bunch of.

AlSwearengen
02-04-2016, 11:13 AM
My outsider opinion is that Hevesy just sucks. He doesn't like to recruit and a lot of kids probably don't want to play for him b/c he looks like a psychopath.

Dan has zero patience for "all star" type players and their parents wanting to be paid and coddled. This is probably a big part of why he wants to get out of the SEC west. He wants to bring a nice clean knife to a gun fight and he knows his days are numbered unless he changes his approach.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-04-2016, 11:15 AM
I didn't say we didn't have spots for those guys did I. I said we are at our limit. One or two guys wouldn't have made a difference. You said 10. Even in your own math your didn't show 10

engie
02-04-2016, 11:22 AM
I didn't say we didn't have spots for those guys did I. I said we are at our limit. One or two guys wouldn't have made a difference. You said 10. Even in your own math your didn't show 10

Read my other threads. I shouldn't have to show my work 25 times for people to know where I came up with the numbers and the fact that they are realistic. We needed to sign 24-25 in this class including 3-4 more JUCOs. My math is going to show us at 75-77 recruited scholarship players in August -- the only time these numbers actually count. But you can always say we're at 85 and all full when we award the snappers schollies.

I'm also real curious how you have this 85 current scholarship list in front of you since 13 of these guys haven't qualified nor shown up yet.

Coach34
02-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Probably not

not really except I'll say that for an SEC school- some people think we should be far more organized with better systems of recruiting in place.

DudyDawg
02-04-2016, 11:35 AM
not really except I'll say that for an SEC school- some people think we should be far more organized with better systems of recruiting in place.
Well hell yeah. One look at our rankings in recruiting compared to the sec tells you that.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Best indication to me that these guys are gonna show up is I don't recall hearing any of them double signed. If they didn't then the coaches feel good they will make it