PDA

View Full Version : Michigan AD Says

It_Could_Happen
02-04-2016, 01:37 AM
Rashan Gary was offered "incentives" by other schools during his recruitment. What school would do such a thing?

Thick
02-04-2016, 07:34 AM
That needs to get out there, and stay out there. I hope the NCAA was notified.

bulldawg28
02-04-2016, 07:42 AM
Lol.. Ole Miss is digging a gigantic hole for themselves.

msstate7
02-04-2016, 07:46 AM
Does Michigan have the goods with Gary to pay om back for treadwell? Please tell me they do.

An sps poster said that om got really sloppy recruiting tre Nixon

Churchill
02-04-2016, 07:47 AM
That needs to get out there, and stay out there. I hope the NCAA was notified.

What is this "NCAA" you speak of ?

Dawgowar
02-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Rashan Gary was offered "incentives" by other schools during his recruitment. What school would do such a thing?

TSUN is on the glide path - confess, stand at a hearing or the NCAA truly drops ever pretending to care about inducements and recruiting. If the latter happens then we better get in the game.

Bama, UGA, FSU, Ohio State, and now Michigan - yeah, that'd be a sphere of influence I would want coming at me. Somewhere the SMU alumni base is shaking their heads.

MaxedOutMaroon
02-04-2016, 08:27 AM
Every time I've heard freeze talk he's talking like a guilty man. "Paul, it's frustrating as heck." And other defensive comments. If you are innocent, you wouldn't feel the need to defend yourself so much. My favorite one from the Finebaum show was something along the lines of, "as far as what I can control, our recruiting is clean." So freeze, can't control those boosters?

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 08:30 AM
Supposedly there was a recruit this year talking too much about their incentives and it spread around really quick

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-04-2016, 08:35 AM
What happened this cycle is new and a lot has to be proven. What happened with Bo Scarbrough can and was proven. And Saban was the hammer and freeze was the nail.

mic
02-04-2016, 08:40 AM
What happened this cycle is new and a lot has to be proven. What happened with Bo Scarbrough can and was proven. And Saban was the hammer and freeze was the nail.

Correct..

dawggoneit
02-04-2016, 09:40 AM
That is a big hammer.

TrapGame
02-04-2016, 09:43 AM
So, if it's true that A&M talked to the NCAA about Little's recruitment by om and now this. I don't see how the NCAA can't come down on them like an avalanche.

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 10:00 AM
The NCAA has to be careful here though because coaches may have worked with boosters with multiple coaching staffs. But the OM administration has repeatedly used the defense that these players weren't being paid. They were going to OM because they knew they would play early and not be redshirted. That defense cannot be used now since they have 7 (I believe) 4* receivers that aren't going to be seniors next year.

The majority of recruits who sign a LOI with OM say it's a business decision. And how could you blame these 17 and 18 year olds of taking money? You can only cover your tracks for so long. If their recruiting ethics are truly maleticious then someone will slip up along the way (more than they already have). Because it doesn't matter if the network is a structured, well oiled machine. It will break.... And their new president may want to cut the cancer before it gives him a black eye.

DanDority
02-04-2016, 10:01 AM
I hope none of you are holding your breath waiting on the University of Mississippi to be punished for any of these indiscretions that they may have committed.

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 10:03 AM
I hope none of you are holding your breath waiting on the University of Mississippi to be punished for any of these indiscretions that they may have committed.
They're poking the bear. The NCAA will bite back eventually.

TrapGame
02-04-2016, 10:09 AM

If nothing happens to them then the SEC is the Wild West and anything goes. The NCAA will lose all credibility.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2016, 11:08 AM
If nothing happens to them then the SEC is the Wild West and anything goes. The NCAA will lose all credibility.

You are right here, and not just the SEC. There are a lot of people watching this one. If the Confederates skate with nothing or a wrist slap then all pretense of the NCAA caring about recruiting shenanigans is gone forever.

blacklistedbully
02-04-2016, 11:41 AM
You are right here, and not just the SEC. There are a lot of people watching this one. If the Confederates skate with nothing or a wrist slap then all pretense of the NCAA caring about recruiting shenanigans is gone forever.

Isn't that what people were saying about CamGate? To this day there are still morons who think we offered Cam money, then got so pissed when he went to Auburn that we turned him in for spite.

HaggardDawg
02-04-2016, 12:00 PM
As I said in an earlier post, it sounds ridiculous but I've been told by a reliable source that $3,000,000 is what was spent on this class and Touhy is the main catalyst for disbursements.

BossDawg
02-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Isn't that what people were saying about CamGate?.

This goes far, far beyond one recruit evidently.

Martianlander
02-04-2016, 02:19 PM
You guys may think I am being overly melodramatic but if the NCAA does not come down on unm hard, college sports are going into a huge decline. I know schools are not squeaky clean, but to the point that it becomes not about kids playing sports and getting an education, and only becoming hired mercenaries, student support and alumni support is going to dwindle.
Some are going to argue that this is not the case, but believe it or not I still believe that morals have to play a part in education or we are totally missing the boat in teaching our youth.