PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting 2017

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

vv83
02-04-2016, 01:04 AM
Preface: if you don't wanna talk about recruiting don't comment about how you hate recruiting. We get it.
Who are our big targets and commits we can expect this summer? How big will this class be? How good we feeling on Kylin Hill? All info appreciated

It_Could_Happen
02-04-2016, 01:22 AM
I have no sources at all but would bet highly on us landing Wille Gay Jr. And Kylin Hill

Todd4State
02-04-2016, 01:34 AM
We better sign well over 30. Otherwise we are almost putting ourselves on probation needlessly.

I agree on Hill and Gay. I feel good about CJ Avery and Kam White. I think Austin Williams is about to blow up after his Army AA combine- I would say that we lead for him. Keyteon Thompson is a huge commit. I like where we stand with Aaron Odom and Ronald Ladd and I could see those two possibly being four stars by this time next year with good seasons. We need to pull in Lavonte Epson and Shaadiq Charles as well and I could also see them potentially being four star guys also with good seasons.

Bothrops
02-04-2016, 02:18 AM
A lot depends on whether OM gets sanctioned or not. If they don't get hit hard, I'll expect more of the same next go around, where we won't know who we'll end up with. Again, it depends on the NCAA. OM is not about to stop what they are doing, otherwise.

Todd4State
02-04-2016, 02:36 AM
A lot depends on whether OM gets sanctioned or not. If they don't get hit hard, I'll expect more of the same next go around, where we won't know who we'll end up with. Again, it depends on the NCAA. OM is not about to stop what they are doing, otherwise.

I disagree. We're already showing the local guys more attention and we have a class ring leader already committed in Thompson. I think it will be the opposite- we could have upwards of 20 guys committed after Big Dawg Camp and I expect us to take around 30 or more.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-04-2016, 07:08 AM
If Coach 34 and the rest of the team liked the 2016 Recruiting thread, I'll be happy to create one for the 2017 class.

msstate7
02-04-2016, 07:31 AM
If Coach 34 and the rest of the team liked the 2016 Recruiting thread, I'll be happy to create one for the 2017 class.

By all means, do it.

Is champion gonna be worth the wait?

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-04-2016, 08:26 AM
We will start one today. 2017 has a lot of talent. A ton of it. We need Kylin to get in the boat asap. Another kid I like is Kalem Reddix. From a recruiting standpoint think Farrod Green. Every kid in be state knows him and every kid likes him. He could do for this class what Farrod did for his.

Statecoachingblows**
02-04-2016, 09:02 AM

I'm a nobody but I thought it was pretty good stuff myself.

MafiaDawg
02-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Are there any good OL in state in 2017?

louisvilledawg
02-04-2016, 09:18 AM
Do y'all think there is any chance we could pull Cam Akers? I know he's a bama commit at the moment

Jack Lambert
02-04-2016, 09:18 AM
I think our staff is going by the rules completely and no other staff in the SEC is. I think the Redmond ordeal put some fear into the AD and are hamstringing our staff.

jemsu92
02-04-2016, 09:34 AM

Please do

Jack Lambert
02-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Please do

One post since June 2014? Please click on a ad while you are here this time.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Are there any good OL in state in 2017?

We've offered 3 instate OL. Lavonte Epson OG from Washington School, Saahdiq Charles OG/OT from MRA, & John Dale OT from Kemper County.

engie
02-04-2016, 09:53 AM
It's going to have to be a huge class...

At most we've got 65 returning scholarship players. Probably more like 62. Added 18 in the class with a couple of those counting back. In the year to year thing -- we should have room for about 35 players. Against the 85 limit -- we are currently at about 80 -- and you can bet we'll lose several more between now and the start of the season. We'll be playing with a ~ 10 scholly deficit next year which is pretty ridiculous in itself. But regardless. If we're at 75 by the end of next season which can reasonably be inferred -- and certainly lose the 23 remaining juniors -- that is pure room for 33 in this method and you always want to go one or two over to account for summer attrition.

If we are going to get back to the 85 limit and have good attrition -- we need to sign the absolute maximum allowed this coming year, which probably allows us to oversign by 1 or 2 against the 85 limit. If you start looking at the hard numbers -- it just defines another way that this recruiting class was a disaster and a total afterthought by our staff. Not only do we already have unbalanced classes -- but they are getting more and more unbalanced every year. We're knocking on the door to having a roller coaster team if this continues. Need to sign 35 next year and 25 the year after -- at which point we would have to process the hell out of 10+ players. Without continuing self-imposed probation, that's the only way to regain balance.

Assuming Dez Harris goes on medical scholarship after his 3rd torn ACL -- we are down to FIVE scholarship sophs/juniors to be prior to this class of jucos showing up. The 2013 class is an absolute nightmare. Add the 3 JUCOS -- and we will have 8 total juniors next year. Assuming none of the 3 redshirt. Our roster management has gotten really bad...

Shooter McGavin
02-04-2016, 10:02 AM
John Dale OT from Kemper County.

What are your thoughts on Dale? Eliterecruiting feel free to chime in too if you can. He has the physical tools but the thing that impressed me the most though is he can really move.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 10:05 AM
What are your thoughts on Dale? Eliterecruiting feel free to chime in too if you can. He has the physical tools but the thing that impressed me the most though is he can really move.

To be so big he's a really good athlete. He's their leading scorer in basketball. He has all the tools you need to become a really good LT.

Dawgology
02-04-2016, 10:08 AM

At most we've got 65 returning scholarship players. Probably more like 62. Added 18 in the class with a couple of those counting back. In the year to year thing -- we should have room for about 35 players. Against the 85 limit -- we are currently at about 80 -- and you can bet we'll lose several more between now and the start of the season. We'll be playing with a ~ 10 scholly deficit next year which is pretty ridiculous in itself. But regardless. If we're at 75 by the end of next season which can reasonably be inferred -- and certainly lose the 23 remaining juniors -- that is pure room for 33 in this method and you always want to go one or two over to account for summer attrition.

If we are going to get back to the 85 limit and have good attrition -- we need to sign the absolute maximum allowed this coming year, which probably allows us to oversign by 1 or 2 against the 85 limit. If you start looking at the hard numbers -- it just defines another way that this recruiting class was a disaster and a total afterthought by our staff. Not only do we already have unbalanced classes -- but they are getting more and more unbalanced every year. We're knocking on the door to having a roller coaster team if this continues. Need to sign 35 next year and 25 the year after -- at which point we would have to process the hell out of 10+ players. Without continuing self-imposed probation, that's the only way to regain balance.

Assuming Dez Harris goes on medical scholarship after his 3rd torn ACL -- we are down to FIVE scholarship sophs/juniors to be prior to this class of jucos showing up. The 2013 class is an absolute nightmare. Add the 3 JUCOS -- and we will have 8 total juniors next year. Assuming none of the 3 redshirt. Our roster management has gotten really bad...

That's crazy BUT with that many open scholarships we should be able to take some big chances and go all in on some guys. We had better see the staff hitting the trail HARD this year. So, is Kylin Hill a strong lean? Who would you guys say would be a great leader locally that would pull in recruits?

Johnson85
02-04-2016, 10:14 AM

I'm really at a loss as to how we can redshirt so many players and still have trouble keeping 85 scholarship players on campus.

gtowndawg
02-04-2016, 10:15 AM
With the available scholarships, I wish Mullen would get creative for once and find a couple of studs that want to transfer for their 5th year. As opposed to giving it to the 5th string snapper (no offense to the 5th string snapper).

Shooter McGavin
02-04-2016, 10:19 AM
It's really something to watch him play basketball. KCHS basketball coach is a good friend of mine and he run up and down all game. Dale more than keeps up in that fast paced game. The football coach, Coach Jones, is a great coach as well and has really aided his development.

Dawgology
02-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Who is not in the boat that we need in the boat to pull state guys to the boat?

the59dawg
02-04-2016, 10:22 AM
We've offered 3 instate OL. Lavonte Epson OG from Washington School, Saahdiq Charles OG/OT from MRA, & John Dale OT from Kemper County.

We're going to need a couple of JUCO tackles in a big way 2017. We need to be finding them already if we don't know who they are now. Get on the top 10 or 20 JUCO's regardless of where they are and stay on them.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 10:22 AM
We're going to need a couple of JUCO tackles in a big way 2017. We need to be finding them already if we don't know who they are now. Get on the top 10 or 20 JUCO's regardless of where they are and stay on them.

Well we already have 1 committed in Tommy Champion.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Great stuff Engie.

2017 is the most important recruiting class in MSU history. We've got to hit a HR and Stricklin has to do everything in his power right now to ensure staff continuity. We simply can't afford any setbacks on the recruiting trail this year.

That being said, to sign 30+ SEC caliber players we are going to have to cast the widest net we've ever casted in recruiting. We are going to have go to California, the Mid-West, and every where else, along with protecting the home turf.

This staff has to be more aggressive than ever and start gaining those relationships now. Can't afford to screw this one up

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 10:26 AM
I have no sources at all but would bet highly on us landing Wille Gay Jr. And Kylin Hill

Willie Gay and Kobe Jones are really good friends that want to play together at the next level. Also, Kylin Hill knows he's our premier back in the class. These guys may lock it down before summer. Brad Stewart, Cam White, J'Marick Woods, CJ Avery and Keldrick Carper may pull the trigger as well. Also, don't sleep on the Keyshawn Johnson / Sirmon relationship.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Willie Gay and Kobe Jones are really good friends that want to play together at the next level. Also, Kylin Hill knows he's our premier back in the class. These guys may lock it down before summer. Brad Stewart, Cam White, J'Marick Woods, CJ Avery and Keldrick Carper may pull the trigger as well. Also, don't sleep on the Keyshawn Johnson / Sirmon relationship.

Not to hijack the thread, but was anyone friends with AJ? Kobe seems extremely popular among the Starkville players and I think I heard back in August that Simmons and AJ didn't get along. I could be way off, but there may be a trend.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Whoever got Kobe had a 99% chance of getting Willie Gay. They're that close.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Also, don't sleep on the Keyshawn Johnson / Sirmon relationship.

That's really interesting because we already had contact with him before Sirmon arrived. I can't remember if it was an official visit or what, but I think he and his dad were on campus back in April 2015. I've seen it mentioned that Sirmon has a kid that is a talented LB, will he help recruit some of those west coast kids?

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but was anyone friends with AJ? Kobe seems extremely popular among the Starkville players and I think I heard back in August that Simmons and AJ didn't get along. I could be way off, but there may be a trend.

Well AJ seems like an arrogant little prick so I'm sure he does have problems with other players

HoopsDawg
02-04-2016, 12:09 PM

Nah, we prefer to let them commit somewhere else and then offer them 2 weeks from signing day like we did with Calhoun this year.

HoopsCoach21
02-04-2016, 12:12 PM
What about WR? Seems like that's going to be a position of need in the 2017 class.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-04-2016, 12:21 PM
What about WR? Seems like that's going to be a position of need in the 2017 class.

Looks like we're getting a lot of interest from:
Austin Williams (http://247sports.com/player/austin-williams-81308)
Ocean Springs, MS (Ocean Springs)
6' 3"

Justin Gibbs (http://247sports.com/player/justin-gibbs-50137)
Augusta, GA (Aquinas)
6'2"

I'm just guessing, but DD Bowie probably sticks with om after flipping from Bama.

vv83
02-04-2016, 12:54 PM

Feel free to sticky this thread and edit it to whatever you want and the beginning. (I don't know if you're an admin and can do that)

It_Could_Happen
02-04-2016, 02:29 PM
I know I'm about a page late but I really like the Epson kid from Washington school. Saw him play last year and was an absolute stud. A little raw but he has all the tools. I'm hoping the Simmons get can help us some with Bowie but not getting my hopes up. Could see us maybe stealing Cam Akers though. Think Leo Lewis.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 04:23 PM
I know I'm about a page late but I really like the Epson kid from Washington school. Saw him play last year and was an absolute stud. A little raw but he has all the tools. I'm hoping the Simmons get can help us some with Bowie but not getting my hopes up. Could see us maybe stealing Cam Akers though. Think Leo Lewis.

Don't hold your breath on Bowie or Akers. They've been taken care of.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Don't hold your breath on Bowie or Akers. They've been taken care of.

That's so frustrating to me. Already behind the 8 ball before we even start. I wish we could find a way for this not to happen.

Same thing with Benito Jones, Metcalf, & Raekown Davis. Ridiculous

Brahmabull
02-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Akers is a freak show, but I have heard recently that "he won't end up at bama". Now, I have no idea where he will end up but hearing it ultimately will not be bama. On Charles, are most teams now looking at him as an OL? I thought teams were looking at him as a DL.

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Akers is a freak show, but I have heard recently that "he won't end up at bama". Now, I have no idea where he will end up but hearing it ultimately will not be bama. On Charles, are most teams now looking at him as an OL? I thought teams were looking at him as a DL.

Akers won't be at MSU

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Akers won't be at MSU

LOL...already?

How does this continue to happen?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 05:41 PM
LOL...already?

This isn't new. It's been said repeatedly that Kylin Hill & Cam Akers wouldn't be going to the same school.

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 06:05 PM
LOL...already?

Hill will be our primary back in the 2017 class. We need him and Willie gay to commit early so we can get this class going.

Johnson85
02-04-2016, 06:07 PM
This isn't new. It's been said repeatedly that Kylin Hill & Cam Akers wouldn't be going to the same school.

Do they have a history or something? Aren't they two different styled backs?

Bothrops
02-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Kylin Hill is a stud. Lock him down now!

chef dixon
02-04-2016, 06:18 PM
After this cycle I don't really know if I'd think anyone is all but wrapped up. Hopefully OM hasn't established a pipeline out of SHS. If Willie Gay looks around, he will see that OM doesn't do jack shit for linebackers.

Squidawg11
02-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Kylin Hill is a stud. Lock him down now!

But can he pass block*****

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Do they have a history or something? Aren't they two different styled backs?

Akers is a slower Malik Dear (plays qb in high school) but it takes all 11 defensive players to take him down. Hill is the running back version of Chad Bumphis. He's quick, shifty and has phenomenal vision. I like Hill's style as a runner better. He's a better ball handler, and he's consistent on gaining positive yards. Akers biggest upside is extending plays. You can't arm tackle Akers. He runs like he's a middle linebacker. Both of these guys are going to be great at the next level. But they won't be on the same team.

Not to worry though. Kobe Jones will help us get Willie Gay. Keytaon Thompson will help us get Brad Stewart and Keldrick Carper. Erroll will get us J'Marick Woods. And hopefully my favorite recruit for the 2017 class, Ronald Ladd, will commit soon as well. Leo Lewis 2.0.... the guy hits like a train.

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 06:31 PM
After this cycle I don't really know if I'd think anyone is all but wrapped up. Hopefully OM hasn't established a pipeline out of SHS. If Willie Gay looks around, he will see that OM doesn't do jack shit for linebackers.

Willie will have a quiet recruitment. His best friend is Kobe Jones, and he's close with Kylin. And he can fit a definite need for us. I expect Sirmon to take over his recruitment full time.

djaymsu5
02-04-2016, 06:32 PM
We need to get as many of the instate guys in the boat as soon as possible like Hill, Gay, Avery, Epson, Charles etc. That way we can try to snag a few big names out of state. The faster we build this class the better chance of picking up some momentum. Similar to what LSU did on their class this year.

vv83
02-04-2016, 06:35 PM

Just like metcalf and AJ?

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Ha! Nice.... Different personalities.

chef dixon
02-04-2016, 06:42 PM

Have you not heard? The power of the love of Freezus is enough to overcome any barrier.

CadaverDawg
02-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Who has Akers been "taken care of" by? Ole Miss or Bama? You better believe that won't slow Ole Miss down if it's Bama. Oh, and Bama has the #1 overall player/RB committed already, so why would Cam go there with that guy, but not to the same place as Hill? Isn't Cam being looked at as a potential linebacker too?

We have 35 potential players, so by God we need to set our sites on BOTH Akers and Hill. It's way too early to be conceding folks when you have as many spots as we do....especially in-state studs like Akers. Our staff better not be giving up on guys this early. Am I missing something? Did we learn nothing from this past recruiting cycle?

Sorry for 20 questions

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Who has Akers been "taken care of" by? Ole Miss or Bama? You better believe that won't slow Ole Miss down if it's Bama. Oh, and Bama has the #1 overall player/RB committed already, so why would Cam go there with that guy, but not to the same place as Hill? Isn't Cam being looked at as a potential linebacker too?

We have 35 potential players, so by God we need to set our sites on BOTH Akers and Hill. It's way too early to be conceding folks when you have as many spots as we do....especially in-state studs like Akers. Our staff better not be giving up on guys this early.

Sorry for 20 questions

OM.. Think Benito Jones

chef dixon
02-04-2016, 07:21 PM
OM.. Think Benito Jones

They really do have a pattern of getting some fairly highly rated in state guys to jump on board very early and then you never hear about their recruitment again.

bulldawg28
02-04-2016, 07:25 PM

Keyshawn Sr actually was a bulldog for a quick spell. So maybe we can get the son this time legitimately.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 08:05 PM
OM.. Think Benito Jones

So do you think he flips to OM?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 08:18 PM
So do you think he flips to OM?

Yes

Snowman79
02-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Is CJ Avery related to the LB Avery from Memphis that wants to transfer to OM to be closer to his sick mother? He's also from Grenada.

Sacrifice
02-04-2016, 08:36 PM
We're gonna need some WRs bad in this next class. Is there anybody we're looking at?

PlattsburgDawg
02-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Is CJ Avery related to the LB Avery from Memphis that wants to transfer to OM to be closer to his sick mother? He's also from Grenada.

They are first cousins I believe

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 08:44 PM

I think Cam Akers to OM would entice Avery more.

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 08:51 PM
We're gonna need some WRs bad in this next class. Is there anybody we're looking at?

Justin Gibbs and Monterio Hunt are 2 that come to mind. DD Bowie is a good one but he's been taken. Hope he enjoys averaging 1 reception a game with all of the receivers they have. I still think there will be some Treadwell temper tantrums next year because some players aren't getting the ball enough.

PlattsburgDawg
02-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Justin Gibbs and Monterio Hunt are 2 that come to mind. DD Bowie is a good one but he's been taken. Hope he enjoys averaging 1 reception a game with all of the receivers they have. I still think there will be some Treadwell temper tantrums next year because some players aren't getting the ball enough.

I could almost guarantee you will see a highly rated wr transfer from there this year

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 08:58 PM

So let me get this straight, OM has already locked up 2 of the 3 best play makers in the state next year?

If so, how do we let this happen? Why do we let them throw the first punch most every time?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 09:09 PM
So let me get this straight, OM has already locked up 2 of the 3 best play makers in the state next year?

If so, how do we let this happen? Why do we let them throw the first punch most every time?

I don't see Bowie being an SEC WR. DB yes he can be a very good 1. They'll sell him on playing WR then move him to defense when he gets there.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2016, 09:09 PM

You act surprised. The only thing that is gonna slow that train down is the NCAA and I'm not holding my breathe on that

Bothrops
02-04-2016, 09:10 PM
OM could very well screw it up again, as much as I hate to say it. We also need good coaches to stay on board and not bolt, for once.

CadaverDawg
02-04-2016, 09:35 PM
OM.. Think Benito Jones

What a disaster. Clinton has always been a stronghold, yet now bc we refuse to pony up Ole Miss has the best players locked up before every recruiting cycle. We're officially on an uneven playing field. And it's our own fault.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 09:46 PM
What a disaster. Clinton has always been a stronghold, yet now bc we refuse to pony up Ole Miss has the best players locked up before every recruiting cycle. We're officially on an uneven playing field. And it's our own fault.

I think we're getting the best player but just my opinion.

bulldawg28
02-04-2016, 09:50 PM

Dude.... It's way too early to start tantrums.

vv83
02-04-2016, 10:05 PM

That's the mentality that makes us lose out on these players. It's never too early. If you didn't learn that this year then I'm sorry you can't get that through your thick skull

CadaverDawg
02-04-2016, 10:06 PM

No I agree, but with a 35 spot class, both is what we should aim for. I agree Kylin is our #1

msstate7
02-04-2016, 10:07 PM
That's the mentality that makes us lose out on these players. It's never too early. If you didn't learn that this year then I'm sorry you can't get that through your thick skull

So if I melt on here daily, it'll help our recruiting?

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 10:09 PM

Disagree.

I thought it was too early to get upset last year when AJ Brown said he wanted out of Starkville & Lashley decommitted. See where that got us.

We need to get off to a fast start in this class & build momentum throughout. After the Sh** show we saw this year, it's never too early to apply pressure.

Of course, I'm sure we'll get off to a fast start, only to see Mullen apply for every open D1 job & screw us.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2016, 10:10 PM

We got the best player this year as well, but we need tons of good players. We must recruit nationally next year & get guys interested early. There aren't 35 players in the tri-state area that we can get that are SEC caliber.

The big wild card is Ole Miss' NCAA issues.

vv83
02-04-2016, 10:14 PM
So if I melt on here daily, it'll help our recruiting?

Take my statement as you wish. But you know exactly what I meant

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Man you guys are depressing me.

drummerdawg
02-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Hope we don't forget we have a good QB committed. Not sure if he's the prima donna type like AJ but we need to keep him.

msstate7
02-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Hope we don't forget we have a good QB committed. Not sure if he's the prima donna type like AJ but we need to keep him.

When I heard cam Cameron was leaving lsu, I thought of Thompson. I don't want lsu to hire a good spread OC before we sign Thompson

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Ha! I hear you. I wasn't satisfied with losing Lashley then hearing AJ's comments, but I'm relaxed about 2017. We'll get Willie Gay (#1 defensive player in the state) and Kylin Hill (#1 actual running back in the state). Not to mention a 4* qb whose going to bring a 4* db with him. We're good for 2017.

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 11:09 PM
We just offered Mason at Noxubee. WR that has a chance to blow up this summer. We have a good shot with him

defiantdog
02-04-2016, 11:14 PM
We just offered Mason at Noxubee. WR that has a chance to blow up this summer. We have a good shot with him
Forgot about this one.... We won't be his last offer.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-04-2016, 11:16 PM
This is a bit off topic and I didn't want to start a new thread in case there was nothing to it, but is there anything to the rumors that we're hiring a current high school HC for our off the field recruiting spot?

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Delete that post Dawg Ex please.

smootness
02-04-2016, 11:19 PM

This is the rare time where I actually have some info, and it's out of left field...but Gibbs actually told me directly that we're recruiting him harder than anybody but that he wants Tennessee to offer.

chef dixon
02-04-2016, 11:32 PM
Give some time for T Buck and Sirmon to work on some of these kids. Even the ones that seem locks for Ole Miss at this time, anything can happen in an entire year

Commercecomet24
02-05-2016, 12:08 AM

Amen you would've thought we had back to back 0-12 seasons!

yjnkdawg
02-05-2016, 12:33 AM
That's so frustrating to me. Already behind the 8 ball before we even start. I wish we could find a way for this not to happen.

Same thing with Benito Jones, Metcalf, & Raekown Davis. Ridiculous

It is real simple on OM. Their coaches are great recruiters by making these kids feel like they are the greatest player that ever played. They tell them how great they are. Nothing is said about having to work hard or you will have to earn your postion, but they will start as a freshman. They just tell them everything they want to hear, and the Mom and apple pie stuff. Shea Patterson was also a recruiting boost for them by his committing early and his active recruiting to get some recruits' attention. Some players have connections to OM (Benito Jones for example) and others do not, but the ones who do, or grew up in an OM family are more times than not going to got to OM if they get the opportunity. OK, the coaches show them all this love, but the most highly rated players usually want a little more than the love. They want big bucks, and OM probably now has the largest pay scale for recruits and/or players in the NCAA. So if they want a certain player, then basically money is no object. And if you don't think most of these (not all as some have better moral value) high 4* and 5* don't want the big money to play for a school, then you just don't understand the recruiting game. If OM really wants a recruit and they have to play the money game to get him, then money is basicallly no object. Until the NCAA does something about this, they will continue to do this. Hopefully the NCAA will make an example concerning their investigation(s).

yjnkdawg
02-05-2016, 12:44 AM

For some reason, you just don't understand how the OM Network and snake oil sales pitch to recruits works.

Todd4State
02-05-2016, 12:53 AM

Shit- you're depressing me telling me that Akers is already gone.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-05-2016, 07:48 AM
A couple of Juco kids I was told about tonight to keep an eye for MSU next cycle are DB KT McCollin of Northwest and WR Ralph Leonard at East MS. Both would be EE

bulldawg28
02-05-2016, 08:11 AM
A couple of Juco kids I was told about tonight to keep an eye for MSU next cycle are DB KT McCollin of Northwest and WR Ralph Leonard at East MS. Both would be EE

This is great news IMO. Mullen has abandoned a great pipeline with juco's in our backyards. Regardless of what people think there is still tons of talent there.

engie
02-05-2016, 09:00 AM
This is great news IMO. Mullen has abandoned a great pipeline with juco's in our backyards. Regardless of what people think there is still tons of talent there.

With the new NCAA acceptance rules on academics, those pipelines are about to be infinitely more stocked than they have been in a very long time...

HancockCountyDog
02-05-2016, 10:19 AM

I guess we should just fold up shop and start the 2018 thread now, because 2017 is over****

This year, out of state recruiting will be crucial. Both MSU and the bears will have big classes. Probably both will sign over 30. There are probably at most 20 SEC kids in the 2017 class. Its deeper than this past year, but does not have any top 100 players other than the ones discussed above. Im not sure Bowie is a top 100 player, Gay is probably close, Hill the same. Akers will probably be a top 50 player, but I think that is more of reputation than production. Avery will be top 100-200. After those guys, there is a drop off. Still some kids that can develop, there are a lot of players like Kaderrion Mason - guys we offer early, but don't go hard after because we don't think he is an SEC player.

My biggest concern is that Im not hearing much in the way of DL in the 2017 class. There are a few OL, but once again - no sure fire top 100 OT's that could come in and compete.

We need to hit AL, GA and LA extremely hard. I really hope its LA. LSU is leaving 20-30 SEC players up for grabs in their state every year. I was hoping we would land a recruiter with that last coaching spot with LA ties, but maybe he helps us in TX.

HancockCountyDog
02-05-2016, 10:21 AM
This is a bit off topic and I didn't want to start a new thread in case there was nothing to it, but is there anything to the rumors that we're hiring a current high school HC for our off the field recruiting spot?

That is the rumor, very smart move the staff. Makes me think that Mullen is ready to step up in 2017.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2016, 10:28 AM
That is the rumor, very smart move the staff. Makes me think that Mullen is ready to step up in 2017.

Brad Peterson would be a HR. Gonna have to pay him though.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2016, 10:29 AM
I guess we should just fold up shop and start the 2018 thread now, because 2017 is over****

This year, out of state recruiting will be crucial. Both MSU and the bears will have big classes. Probably both will sign over 30. There are probably at most 20 SEC kids in the 2017 class. Its deeper than this past year, but does not have any top 100 players other than the ones discussed above. Im not sure Bowie is a top 100 player, Gay is probably close, Hill the same. Akers will probably be a top 50 player, but I think that is more of reputation than production. Avery will be top 100-200. After those guys, there is a drop off. Still some kids that can develop, there are a lot of players like Kaderrion Mason - guys we offer early, but don't go hard after because we don't think he is an SEC player.

My biggest concern is that Im not hearing much in the way of DL in the 2017 class. There are a few OL, but once again - no sure fire top 100 OT's that could come in and compete.

We need to hit AL, GA and LA extremely hard. I really hope its LA. LSU is leaving 20-30 SEC players up for grabs in their state every year. I was hoping we would land a recruiter with that last coaching spot with LA ties, but maybe he helps us in TX.

Yup gonna have to go national this year. Most important class in MSU history

mic
02-05-2016, 10:32 AM

RL transferring backing home from UFI I think.. So he will for sure be a EE..

chef dixon
02-05-2016, 10:36 AM

I don't understand how he is all the sudden a take when no one offered him last year and he didn't play this season at FIU. I mean don't get me wrong he was a stud at Starkville but it just seems odd to me. Maybe we didn't have space at the time? But still he didn't have any other offers worth anything.

Really Clark?
02-05-2016, 10:36 AM

He is back

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Didn't say they were takes. I said they gonna watch them and see how they progress. Msu is interested. But they gotta have good years.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Forgot about this one.... We won't be his last offer.

There will be circumstances that will greatly increase our chances.

vv83
02-05-2016, 12:38 PM
There will be circumstances that will greatly increase our chances.

go on...

Commercecomet24
02-05-2016, 02:11 PM

Yep he just hired 2 guys that recruit well nationally and if the news on this latest hire is correct we will have in state covered well also. It appears as if Dan is ready to hit a new level. I like it!

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Can someone explain how the imbalance came about in the classes and what can be done to get them more balanced? With the talk of taking 30+ next year again, which we have to do, won't that just make the imbalance even greater down the road? Unless I guess if we took several juco next year to go with the jr. class on board, but the way we redshirt them, not sure how that plays out.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-05-2016, 02:37 PM
He play at FIU and FAU?

RIdog
02-05-2016, 04:05 PM

Don't know how it will effect Keyshawn's recruitment but his QB is Tristan Gebbia (Rich's son) , a NM legacy who just came out with a top 5 including the Bears ? ? ?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-05-2016, 04:24 PM
It'$ going to take a lot of convincing thi$ kid to go to OM to ride the pine for 4 year$. They are only offering him to gain an advantage on Johnson.

chef dixon
02-05-2016, 05:16 PM
It'$ going to take a lot of convincing thi$ kid to go to OM to ride the pine for 4 year$. They are only offering him to gain an advantage on Johnson.

Geez, going after another receiver? Maybe if they recruited to needs and not just chances to land any highly rated player they'd actually have the depth to not only beat Bama, but also avoid getting drummed by memphis in the same year.

msstate7
02-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Jack walker has been CB'd 2 times to us. Are we thinking about taking 2 qb's?

sbcmortgageman
02-07-2016, 08:39 AM

No offense but metcalfe and AJ were said to not go to the same either.

sbcmortgageman
02-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Cam Akers recruitment is far from over. We have a very good shot here.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-07-2016, 09:39 AM
No offense but metcalfe and AJ were said to not go to the same either.

That's true & it's why you say never in recruiting but that's been the talk for a while. I hope we can swing both of them.

engie
02-07-2016, 10:54 AM
Can someone explain how the imbalance came about in the classes and what can be done to get them more balanced? With the talk of taking 30+ next year again, which we have to do, won't that just make the imbalance even greater down the road? Unless I guess if we took several juco next year to go with the jr. class on board, but the way we redshirt them, not sure how that plays out.

The 2013 class has been decimated by attrition and guys that left early.

Class of 23 players.
2 early entrants to the NFL(Jones, Wilson)
2 JUCOs that never finished their careers at MSU(Cox, Chappelle)
1 never showed up(Sandberg)
9 are gone without real contributions(Thomas, Irvin-Sills, Hammond, Christy, Wells, Flowers, Simpson, Samuel, McGrath)
4 never redshirted and will be seniors this year along with the huge 2012 class that almost all did redshirt(Shump, Ross, Clayborn, Cleveland)
And 5 will be rsJRs -- 2 of which I'd say are iffy to finish football careers at MSU(Myles, Coman, Williams, Harris, Gray)

As awesome as the 2012 class has turned out to be -- the 2013 class has been bordering on total disaster. Only 9 remain going into year 4 -- and possibly only 7 in reality. Only ONE in the trenches on either side.

Yes, you are correct -- a huge class next year upsets the balance even more. But the only way to correct that is to take a normal size class -- essentially put ourselves on a 10 scholly probation against the 85 -- and then take a normal class in the c/o 2018. As is, there are an absolute maximum of 9 scholarship juniors on roster -- counting all 3 incoming JUCOs, Dez Harris, and Damien Williams.

raymond21
02-07-2016, 11:12 AM
OM getting Avery's cousin (trying to get)is a great move on their part. Both can play Without the transfer, we were in great shape to get the younger Avery

STATEBALLIN
02-07-2016, 07:53 PM

Loved it

STATEBALLIN
02-07-2016, 07:56 PM
The 2013 class has been decimated by attrition and guys that left early.

Class of 23 players.
2 early entrants to the NFL(Jones, Wilson)
2 JUCOs that never finished their careers at MSU(Cox, Chappelle)
1 never showed up(Sandberg)
9 are gone without real contributions(Thomas, Irvin-Sills, Hammond, Christy, Wells, Flowers, Simpson, Samuel, McGrath)
4 never redshirted and will be seniors this year along with the huge 2012 class that almost all did redshirt(Shump, Ross, Clayborn, Cleveland)
And 5 will be rsJRs -- 2 of which I'd say are iffy to finish football careers at MSU(Myles, Coman, Williams, Harris, Gray)

As awesome as the 2012 class has turned out to be -- the 2013 class has been bordering on total disaster. Only 9 remain going into year 4 -- and possibly only 7 in reality. Only ONE in the trenches on either side.

Yes, you are correct -- a huge class next year upsets the balance even more. But the only way to correct that is to take a normal size class -- essentially put ourselves on a 10 scholly probation against the 85 -- and then take a normal class in the c/o 2018. As is, there are an absolute maximum of 9 scholarship juniors on roster -- counting all 3 incoming JUCOs, Dez Harris, and Damien Williams.

Hmm that's tricky. I'd almost lean towards balance unless I had a top 15 class knocking on the door

Big4Dawg
02-08-2016, 09:46 AM
So w/ Akers going to OM, Bowie already committed to OM, and Avery going to OM w/ his cousin, that means we have already lost the top 3 players in the state before the summer?

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=Highscho ol&State=MS

I thought this was supposed to be our good year...

jumbo
02-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Good lord man. It's February.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-08-2016, 09:53 AM
So w/ Akers going to OM, Bowie already committed to OM, and Avery going to OM w/ his cousin, that means we have already lost the top 3 players in the state before the summer?

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=Highscho ol&State=MS

Nobody has went anywhere yet & we will have a good year.

vv83
02-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Who is Avery's cousin?

jumbo
02-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Who is Avery's cousin?

Genard Avery. Currently at Memphis. Basically begged for an OM offer out of HS and now seems pretty adamant on transferring regardless of Memphis giving him a release or not.

RIdog
02-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Who is Avery's cousin?

Genard Avery , LB at Memphis .

vv83
02-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Genard Avery. Currently at Memphis. Basically begged for an OM offer out of HS and now seems pretty adamant on transferring regardless of Memphis giving him a release or not.

So he wanted to go to Ole Miss out of HS and they didn't offer but now they suddenly want him? and it just happens his cousin is a 4 star recruit?

Big4Dawg
02-08-2016, 03:46 PM
and he started for Memphis this last year and is there best def player, oh and OM can't seem to recruit (pay enough) LBs.

msstate7
02-08-2016, 04:45 PM

1 week ago, it looked like we wouldn't get Simmons. Things change

sbcmortgageman
02-09-2016, 05:30 AM
Akers is not a lock with om. It'll be a battle but we are right there.

vv83
02-09-2016, 12:05 PM
Akers is not a lock with om. It'll be a battle but we are right there.

Does he have a cousin who needs a scholarship or a mother who would love a new job on campus? I'm not kidding either

louisvilledawg
02-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Brad Peterson would be a HR. Gonna have to pay him though.

My hometown guy. I approve.

vv83
02-12-2016, 12:00 PM
so IF this Ole Miss stuff ends up real bad for them, do we cherry pick the state?

msstate7
02-14-2016, 01:38 AM
Any good news coming from junior day today? We leading for any good players?

Dawgtini
02-14-2016, 02:08 AM
so IF this Ole Miss stuff ends up real bad for them, do we cherry pick the state?

Duh

(Not meant to be offensive. Think playful 12 yo)

vv83
02-14-2016, 12:43 PM
Duh

(Not meant to be offensive. Think playful 12 yo)

None taken. I didn't know if some of these players (Bowie comes to mind) are already so deep in their pockets he would stay

djaymsu5
02-21-2016, 11:19 AM
Anybody hear any good news about McDaniel? He is on his visit this weekend right

jumbo
02-22-2016, 09:17 AM
It's between us and USCe but he is likely a sign and place

bigdawg2828
02-24-2016, 10:39 PM
I think we got a good shot at doin good w/ Kylin Hill and CJ Avery! Kylin will be the next Dak and if CJ is as good as I think he'll be then the Bears oughta be scared of our offense!

Ifyouonlyknew
02-24-2016, 11:52 PM
I think we got a good shot at doin good w/ Kylin Hill and CJ Avery! Kylin will be the next Dak and if CJ is as good as I think he'll be then the Bears oughta be scared of our offense!

CJ doesn't play offense.

sbcmortgageman
02-25-2016, 05:47 AM
Anybody hear any good news about McDaniel? He is on his visit this weekend right

Turner leaving sealed the deal for him to USCe.

jumbo
02-25-2016, 09:39 AM

In two years

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Current Commits

QB

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/213/552/4_3552213.jpg
Keytaon Thompson (http://247sports.com/player/keytaon-thompson-78058)
Hometown (School/Juco): New Orleans, LA (Landry-Walker)
Offers: MSU, Arizona St, Cincy, Colorado State, Florida, Illinois, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Tenn, Texas Tech, UCF
Recruited by: Brain Johnson
Commit Date: 12/16/2015

TE

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/271/674/4_674271.jpg
Ravian Pierce (http://247sports.com/player/ravian-pierce-23226)
Hometown (School/Juco): Fort Lauderdale, FL (Plantation/Southwest MS CC)
Offers: MSU
Recruited by: Billy Gonzales
Commit Date: 10/1/2015

OT

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/503/947/4_2947503.jpg
Tommy Champion (http://247sports.com/player/tommy-champion-37657)
Hometown (School): Jackson, MS (Callaway/Copiah-Lincoln MS CC)
Recruited by: John Hevesy
Commit Date: 12/17/2015

CB

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/78/254/4_4254078.JPG
Emanuel Dabney (http://247sports.com/player/emanuel-dabney-87745)
Hometown (School/Juco): Jackson, MS (Callaway)
Offers: MSU, JSU, South Alabama, Southern Miss, ULL
Recruited by:
Commit Date: 12/3/2015

ATH

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/203/176/4_1176203.jpg
Cameron Myers (http://247sports.com/player/cameron-myers-35399)
Hometown (School/Juco): Hattiesburg, MS (Oak Grove/Mississippi Gulf Coast MS CC)
Recruited by:
Commit Date: 12/17/2015

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-26-2016, 05:52 PM
Myers will Will be a shock if he ever shows up on campus

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-27-2016, 07:10 AM

I was wondering about that. Is Champion on schedule to be here?

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-27-2016, 07:52 AM
Yeah on Tommy.

Really Clark?
02-27-2016, 08:57 AM

Was it Arizonia Western Myers transferred to?

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-27-2016, 11:32 AM
I can't remember. But he is a good kid. Just has some AJ in him. Transferred in high school as well. Has to learn to shut up and play ball

ScottH
02-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Myers will end playing for Coach Hughes at JSU.

Dawgtini
02-28-2016, 01:51 AM
+1

djaymsu5
02-28-2016, 10:24 AM

True! Although when I asked that I think Turner was still with us

vv83
03-03-2016, 09:57 AM

What's his deal? Just an attitude problem or he can't get his grades right?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-03-2016, 10:45 AM

Yes

HancockCountyDog
03-03-2016, 11:14 AM

Now that he is no longer being recruited by us, I was never that impressed with him as a player. I thought he was at best a Sun Belt type player, JSU would be a good place for him.

Johnson85
03-03-2016, 11:48 AM
http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/271/674/4_674271.jpg
Ravian Pierce (http://247sports.com/player/ravian-pierce-23226)
Hometown (School/Juco): Fort Lauderdale, FL (Plantation/Southwest MS CC)
Recruited by: Billy Gonzales
Commit Date: 10/1/2015

Is it just me, or does it seem like Ravian Pierce has been in JUCO 7 years? Seems like we signed him ages ago to me for some reason. Has he really only been in JUCO for one year?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-04-2016, 07:01 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like Ravian Pierce has been in JUCO 7 years? Seems like we signed him ages ago to me for some reason. Has he really only been in JUCO for one year?

Haha no it's not just you, but I think he's been there for 2 years now. I think he was ruled ineligible for the 2014 season.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-04-2016, 07:06 AM
Apparently Cam Akers opened his recruitment back up.....Unless something changes, I don't we'll be a factor.

maroonmania
03-04-2016, 10:36 AM

Pierce seems like a good player but geez, how many TEs does one team need?

We better get to work on some top notch OL. I'm convinced we will never truly compete with elite teams until the quality of our OL recruiting goes up significantly. Champion is a nice start but the days of bringing in OL guys that are so raw that they can't contribute at a high SEC level until deep in their RS JR year has got to stop. Still have a hard time stomaching that we lost Scott Lashley to a team that has 4 and 5 star OL out the ears. In fact, was listening to Double Coverage on BSR yesterday and it was interesting that Bama has a .4 star average higher on their OL coming out of high school than any other team in the SEC. They AVERAGE 4.0 stars across the OL and the next closest is LSU at 3.6. Lashley will be hard pressed to see the light of day over there.

maroonmania
03-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Apparently Cam Akers opened his recruitment back up.....Unless something changes, I don't we'll be a factor.

Pretty sad when we can't be a serious player on a prospect from Clinton. Of course, at the moment, we can't even seem to lock down Starkville.

ElitedawgRecruiting
03-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Maybe has to do with there are two we like better. Cam is a great player. No doubt. But Hill is the better Running back

Ifyouonlyknew
03-04-2016, 12:53 PM
I've said from the jump I didn't see Kylin & Cam going to the same school. I still feel that way. I feel really good about Kylin & MSU so that would leave Cam elsewhere. Of course we're still going to recruit him hard because anything can change but I'm not expecting them to play together.

msstate7
03-10-2016, 07:53 AM
If we are making a move to a 3-4, who are the ng's on the board?

Shooter McGavin
03-14-2016, 10:46 AM
I'm hearing things look very positive with Matt Dale out of Kemper County. A matter of when not if. He has all the physical tools to be a really good offensive tackle.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-14-2016, 10:48 AM
I'm hearing things look very positive with Matt Dale out of Kemper County. A matter of when not if. He has all the physical tools to be a really good offensive tackle.

I like Dale but he's not a guy I'd take right now. There has been legit interest from some well known OOS OL. I'd let some of that play out 1st unless he just blows everybody away at camp.

Shooter McGavin
03-14-2016, 10:58 AM
I can see your point. He is an unassuming laid back kid anyway so he may let this play out awhile. The word is his offer was reaffirmed at the recent junior day.

PlattsburgDawg
03-17-2016, 09:35 AM
Does anyone have the scoop on Coatney? Is he going to visit us?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-17-2016, 09:48 AM

Coming for an unofficial visit next week. We'll try to set up an OV while he's here.

PlattsburgDawg
03-17-2016, 10:05 AM
Coming for an unofficial visit next week. We'll try to set up an OV while he's here.

He would be a nice guy to add to close out the 2016 class.

mic
03-23-2016, 08:13 AM

He was at practice yesterday...
So was Mike Jones son, EGooden, the Starkville boys, and a few others..

Ifyouonlyknew
03-23-2016, 09:13 AM
He was at practice yesterday...
So was Mike Jones son, EGooden, the Starkville boys, and a few others..

Look like Coatney's visit went pretty good & he's going to make an OV to MSU before he decides.

BrunswickDawg
03-23-2016, 10:08 PM
Just saw we offered my boy Deejay Dallas, 4 star ATH, from Glynn Academy. Former UGA commit. Kid is a strong DB, but took over as dual threat QB 4 games into the season. Led us to within a TD of the state title. Great kid. Would be another lock down CB from the BWK!

Statefan
03-28-2016, 04:39 PM
Twitter says we got a commit from Monterio Hunt

http://247sports.com/Player/Monterio-Hunt-81364

djaymsu5
03-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Anybody know anything about 2017 QB Robert Wilcke out of Hernando? Kid looks pretty damn good running the ball. I can't tell much of his arm strength on his highlights but he looks pretty good. Obviously we have Thompson committed and I'm sure Jack Walker from MC is also on our board as well. Wilcke seems to be a bit underrated though

mic
03-29-2016, 09:15 AM
I'm guessing if Thompson stays on board and with him being an EE we may not take another QB this class..

vv83
03-29-2016, 09:25 AM
What's the scoop on the WR commit yesterday? anyone know anything about him. See him listed as a mid 3 star on 247

djaymsu5
04-03-2016, 11:57 AM
We need to pay up on Cam Akers. I just can't stand the thought of him going to the Bears. Kylin is good but I think Cam is better

Ifyouonlyknew
04-03-2016, 01:14 PM
We need to pay up on Cam Akers. I just can't stand the thought of him going to the Bears. Kylin is good but I think Cam is better

I'm taking up a collection how much can I put you down for?

msstate7
04-03-2016, 01:20 PM

http://youtu.be/HSC9cgvtkRs

Ifyouonlyknew
04-03-2016, 01:40 PM
http://youtu.be/HSC9cgvtkRs

Thank you for your support

HancockCountyDog
04-03-2016, 05:20 PM

People only focus on the down payment, not the monthly payments.

mic
04-03-2016, 06:15 PM
We need our focus on OL, DL, CB, WR ... And after Doanld Gary blows up this year wouldn't shock me to see him test the NFL waters..

djaymsu5
04-03-2016, 06:57 PM

Lol depends on how much everybody else is putting down

djaymsu5
04-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Marques Ford transfer from Rutgers 4 star DE now at Jones JC. Saw that we offered. IYOK do you think we have a shot at landing this kid? I'm sure the bama's and co will come after him soon.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Marques Ford transfer from Rutgers 4 star DE now at Jones JC. Saw that we offered. IYOK do you think we have a shot at landing this kid? I'm sure the bama's and co will come after him soon.

Hard to say this early & he will be a very sought after kid. Also we're doing so much blanket offering tough to get a read on who we're really high on & who have camp offers.

bulldawg28
04-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Hard to say this early & he will be a very sought after kid. Also we're doing so much blanket offering tough to get a read on who we're really high on & who have camp offers.

I like the new offering changes. We are now playing like the big boys.

HancockCountyDog
04-06-2016, 08:34 AM

Looks like James Jackson from Goula is either about to commit or has committed.

I'm assuming he is an OG prospect. He plays both DL/OL but I think he is an OL all the way. A little surprised by this one, I figured he had a camp offer, but I'll take all the lineman we can get at this point.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Looks like James Jackson from Goula is either about to commit or has committed.

I'm assuming he is an OG prospect. He plays both DL/OL but I think he is an OL all the way. A little surprised by this one, I figured he had a camp offer, but I'll take all the lineman we can get at this point.

We're recruiting him as a NG

maroonmania
04-06-2016, 09:22 AM
I like the new offering changes. We are now playing like the big boys.

Well we will certainly need to up our recruiting profile a bit especially in the trenches or we are stuck in the 6-8 win range as a program in the regular season. It took having the best QB in the league plus a lot of 5th year SR OL plus some other West programs being a little off to have the 10 win season we accomplished. Just making minor bowl games is nice but 2014 actually gave us a taste of truly competing for something in the SEC. Would be nice if that was a little more regular.

HancockCountyDog
04-06-2016, 09:31 AM

That makes sense, different type of player for us, doesn't fit what we have been doing in the past, but NG could make sense.

Like I said, I'll take all the bodies we can get.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-12-2016, 01:06 PM
I know that the staff has had a lot of changes, but there seems to be a shift in our recruiting. We're targeting a ton of Juco's and are in the mix for some transfers. Is this a simply due to change in philosophy or are we trying to make up for misses/loses in recruiting?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2016, 01:31 PM
The main spot we're targeting a lot of Jucos at is on the DL but that makes sense because we have 6 Sr on the DL. We may end up with 2 OL & maybe a WR or LB. With 30 or so scholarships available it makes sense to get 5 or 6 Jucos this class.

jumbo
04-12-2016, 01:37 PM
I don't think it's a change in philosophy as much as it is we have a bunch of spots and need DL depth.

maroonmania
04-12-2016, 02:14 PM
I don't think it's a change in philosophy as much as it is we have a bunch of spots and need DL depth.

Plus overall we whiffed pretty good at the WR position this last recruiting class.

vv83
04-12-2016, 03:45 PM
How good of shape are we for the transfer from Indiana? Looks like he's a pretty solid prospect

Todd4State
04-12-2016, 05:01 PM
What does our recruiting breakdown look like next year?

QB- 1
RB- 2
WR-2
Slot WR- 1
TE- 1
OL- 5
DL- 3
LB- 4
CB- 2
S- 2
ATH- 1-2

JUCO's- 5-6

How close am I?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2016, 05:23 PM
I'd go

QB - 1
RB - 2
WR - 4
TE - 1
OL - 7
DL - 7
LB - 4
DB - 4

Todd4State
04-12-2016, 05:42 PM
I'd go

QB - 1
RB - 2
WR - 4
TE - 1
OL - 7
DL - 7
LB - 4
DB - 4

Looks like we're pretty close- I'm guessing you rolled JUCO's into your numbers where I just separated them out and you also combined some position groups.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2016, 05:48 PM
Looks like we're pretty close- I'm guessing you rolled JUCO's into your numbers where I just separated them out and you also combined some position groups.

Yea just total not juco & hs

djaymsu5
04-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Cam Akers got his 5* on Scout

djaymsu5
04-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Anybody know why Sahdiq Charles is getting so many CB's to LSU? I know they just offered him but still

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Anybody know why Sahdiq Charles is getting so many CB's to LSU? I know they just offered him but still

That's it plus he's from Louisiana. I think it's a bit of an overreaction but that's what happens when 1 or 2 people make a CB everybody else follows suit.

Todd4State
04-13-2016, 12:53 AM
The main spot we're targeting a lot of Jucos at is on the DL but that makes sense because we have 6 Sr on the DL. We may end up with 2 OL & maybe a WR or LB. With 30 or so scholarships available it makes sense to get 5 or 6 Jucos this class.

I would only take a JUCO LB if they are Ray Lewis or Lawrence Taylor caliber.

Green, Leo Lewis, JT Gray, and Jung are all going to be around for at least a couple more years.

Homedawg
04-13-2016, 07:32 AM

I was told we are recruiting him as a OL.

msstate7
04-13-2016, 07:39 AM
I was told we are recruiting him as a OL.

Surprising... He has great measurables for a ng in a 3-4

Dawgtini
04-13-2016, 09:03 AM
In one of his articles he is quoted as saying that we are recruiting him to be a NG. His HS coach is quoted saying the same.

Homedawg
04-14-2016, 07:21 AM
In one of his articles he is quoted as saying that we are recruiting him to be a NG. His HS coach is quoted saying the same.

Ok.....whatever u say. I'm just going by what I was told from a couple close to the situation....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Cam Akers got his 5* on Scout.

I_Spy
04-14-2016, 11:10 PM
I would think running backs would flock to play for Dan as much as he runs the ball. That's just my opinion. I would pass on tamu, Tennessee right now maybe, bama is iffy but truly ms state or Ohio state is what I would do if I had his ability.

I_Spy
04-14-2016, 11:12 PM
Our D I foresee, a few o-lineman, that kid ...we may not stop winning.

I_Spy
04-14-2016, 11:20 PM
My problem with bama being iffy, is like, yeah bama is good, great, well coached but they are not Fun, exciting or they just hide well or blend well into almost not even being seen really. So Ohio state I would do if it wasn't ms state.

Covercorner2
04-15-2016, 04:59 PM

Simmons is a Bear.

spiritual_machine2005
04-16-2016, 10:29 AM
A couple of recruiting writers (paul and steve) are expecting multiple commits today. Any guesses on who?

sscjr1
04-16-2016, 11:05 AM
A couple of recruiting writers (paul and steve) are expecting multiple commits today. Any guesses on who?

Pope and Odom maybe?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-16-2016, 08:51 PM
Simmons is a Bear.

Not sure what what you mean by this but if you remember I was treated like I was crazy and ultimately banned for saying AJ to OM....so keep not believing me.

mcain31
04-17-2016, 08:08 AM
Yesterday was a good day. We got commitments from 2018 WR Malik Heath from Jackson Calloway, 2017 WR Austin Heath from Ocean Springs, 2017 OL Paul Gainer from Gautier, and 2017 DE Aaron Odom from Jackson Calloway. It looks like the new recruiting coaches are off to a fast start.

vv83
04-17-2016, 11:22 AM
I really like this kid http://247sports.com/Player/Paul-Gainer-89122
Good pickup

djaymsu5
04-17-2016, 12:58 PM

I know we are not. It just sucks to think the Rebs might. I've seen where Georgia is making a strong push for him and he obviously fits their offense more.

Bothrops
04-17-2016, 02:04 PM
What's the latest feeling on Abrams? Are we sucking hind tit on this one now?

mic
04-20-2016, 11:28 AM
What's the latest feeling on Abrams? Are we sucking hind tit on this one now?

We are in as good of shape with him as anyone...

vv83
04-20-2016, 07:04 PM
Tyler Dunning just committed. 4 star LB
http://247sports.com/Player/Tyler-Dunning-58567

msstate7
04-20-2016, 07:30 PM
Tyler Dunning just committed. 4 star LB
http://247sports.com/Player/Tyler-Dunning-58567

Awesome.

Is gay an olb? How we looking with gay?

vv83
04-21-2016, 09:08 AM
Awesome.

The way recruiting goes nothing is ever set in stone but I don't think Kobe lets him get away

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-25-2016, 02:44 PM
Anyone know how we're sitting with Jonathan Abram?
http://247sports.com/Player/Johnathan-Abram-53105

For those that don't know, he signed with UGA out of high school and is currently at Jones County.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-25-2016, 03:37 PM
Anyone know how we're sitting with Jonathan Abram?
http://247sports.com/Player/Johnathan-Abram-53105

For those that don't know, he signed with UGA out of high school and is currently at Jones County.

Things are going well. We have a lot of guys on the team recruiting him.

smootness
04-25-2016, 04:00 PM
Awesome.

Fabulous?

hailmari
04-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Fabulous?

I lol'd.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-25-2016, 06:49 PM
Things are going well. We have a lot of guys on the team recruiting him.

Awesome, I hated to see him to go to UGA, but glad he's back around. How many years will he have?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-25-2016, 07:17 PM
Awesome, I hated to see him to go to UGA, but glad he's back around. How many years will he have?

3 to play 2.

djaymsu5
04-25-2016, 10:12 PM
3 to play 2.

Do you think we are in the game with the big OT out of Cali juco that's like 6'7" and just got rated as the top rated juco player. I know he came on a visit and he said he's going to take a few more. Do we have a chance?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-25-2016, 10:20 PM
Do you think we are in the game with the big OT out of Cali juco that's like 6'7" and just got rated as the top rated juco player. I know he came on a visit and he said he's going to take a few more. Do we have a chance?

Chance yes but he seems to be enamored with the Bama offer.

djaymsu5
04-26-2016, 06:27 AM
Chance yes but he seems to be enamored with the Bama offer.

Of course he does. Kind of figured

msstate7
04-26-2016, 06:37 AM
Fabulous?

Nice

vv83
04-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Ok so in light of what happened last night and what is going to come, are there any targets both us and UM are targeting that this should help us out with? Surely nobody would want to go to that shit storm right now

sandwolf
04-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Ok so in light of what happened last night and what is going to come, are there any targets both us and UM are targeting that this should help us out with? Surely nobody would want to go to that shit storm right now

It should help us out with pretty much every recruit that doesn't have some kind of existing tie to OM (like DD Bowie and Ben Brown). CJ Avery is one that comes to mind.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-29-2016, 02:43 PM
CJ Avery is pretty much the only instate kid we're going head to head with OM for & I felt we led for him before last nights fireworks.

Dawgfan61
04-29-2016, 02:59 PM
CJ Avery is pretty much the only instate kid we're going head to head with OM for & I felt we led for him before last nights fireworks.

Isn't his brother from Memphis transferring to Ole Miss though?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-29-2016, 03:23 PM

Genard is his cousin not brother but no he's staying at Memphis.

Bothrops
04-29-2016, 03:24 PM

Nope, he has elected to stay at Memphis.

DawgFromOxford
04-30-2016, 02:40 AM
I'm Kind of late on noticing this one, but I noticed we have a guy named Austin Williams committed. At 6'3 is he the outside threat we're looking for? I would imagine we are trying to land higher rated guys than him to fill that spot (not that rankings are everything, I'm just terrible at assessing talent) so whats the story on him?

bulldawg28
04-30-2016, 06:14 AM
I'm Kind of late on noticing this one, but I noticed we have a guy named Austin Williams committed. At 6'3 is he the outside threat we're looking for? I would imagine we are trying to land higher rated guys than him to fill that spot (not that rankings are everything, I'm just terrible at assessing talent) so whats the story on him?

The story is he's an SeC WR. Fawk ratings black bear.

djaymsu5
05-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Do we have anything to worry about with Kylin? Saw something the other day that said he had Nebraska as his leader? They have been blowing his Twitter up I know that. I feel like he's just craving attention but who knows with these kids nowadays

Bothrops
05-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Do we have anything to worry about with Kylin? Saw something the other day that said he had Nebraska as his leader? They have been blowing his Twitter up I know that. I feel like he's just craving attention but who knows with these kids nowadays

I can't imagine why Kylin would anything more than a fleeting interest in Nebraska.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Hill ain't going to Nebraska..

djaymsu5
05-02-2016, 10:03 PM
I can't imagine why Kylin would anything more than a fleeting interest in Nebraska.

Shit I couldn't either unless he wants an endless amount of corn, but he obviously has Nebraska for whatever reason in his top two

jumbo
05-03-2016, 08:37 AM

No kid has ever (admittedly) picked a school because of fans on twitter.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-03-2016, 08:45 AM
Unfortunately this is part of recruiting now. Everyone has to create drama for their announcement. Everyone has to shock the world even though they aren't shocking anyone.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-03-2016, 02:18 PM
From the CL: "MSU is one of Kylin Hill's 2 leaders; may decide soon"

Kylin Hill is strongly considering two schools and there seems to be a decent chance he makes a decision as early as this weekend.

The Columbus four-star 2017 running back has Mississippi State and Nebraska as his two leaders.

“They’re the main two teams I am looking at the most,” Hill said Sunday night. “Mississippi State, I’m an in-state guy, so they’re right there and I visit them a lot so I know a lot of background about them. Nebraska, they have a really good coaching staff and, to me, the best fan base in college football.”

Hill added he plans to visit MSU on Saturday.

The Bulldogs have 11 verbal commitments for the 2017 class. Six of those pledges are from Mississippi high school players. MSU does not have a running back committed yet for 2017, but Hill, who is ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 90 player in the country, No. 7 running back and No. 3 player in Mississippi, would be an impressive addition.

That is something he has heard frequently in recent weeks.

“All of those guys, when they committed to Mississippi State, they hit me up and were basically telling me that I am up next and can be the face of the class,” Hill said. “They were basically telling me how bad they want me. Any recruit, when they commit as the face of a class, would love that kind of thing.”

MSU seems like the most practical landing spot for Hill, but he said Nebraska is a serious option, despite it being 1,000 miles away. Hill is close friends with former Columbus standout Byerson Cockrell, who went on to play for Nebraska.

“Some of my family members have concerns and say it’s a little too far away,” Hill said, “but most of them just told me as long as I’m happy I can choose any school.”

Hill once labeled Ole Miss as his leader, but the Rebels’ offense, from his perspective, does not seem as good as a fit. His view, of course, could change between now and National Signing Day.

“With Ole Miss, they are still one of my top schools and even after I commit, I will still hear from other schools and hear what they have to say because it would be a long time until signing day,” Hill said. “With Ole Miss, especially with the two receivers they signed, A.J. (Brown) and DK (Metcalf), they are obviously going to throw the ball a lot.”

Hill, who is poised to be one of the state’s top players this fall, made second team All-State as an athlete after he rushed for 1,750 yards and 18 touchdowns. He averaged an impressive 8.7 yards per carry. He was used as a slot receiver, was a key contributor on special teams and finished the season with 23 total touchdowns.

djaymsu5
05-04-2016, 07:55 AM
No kid has ever (admittedly) picked a school because of fans on twitter.

I never said he would make his decision based off of Twitter "love" I was just saying they were blowing his up. I didn't know if their fans knew something we didn't. I still feel like he's a dawg I was just wondering because you obviously cannot tell these days with recruits whether they are in your back yard or not.

Statefan
05-04-2016, 09:01 AM
Really pumped about Kam White at Clinton. Saw that he picked up Auburn and Florida offers to go along with his Arkansas, Tennessee, and Mississippi, and Mississippi State offers.

Hope we lock him down!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-05-2016, 09:12 AM
http://247sports.com/Player/Brad-Stewart-75563

What's our chances with Brad Stewart (4*CB from New Orleans)? Why no LSU offer?

Bothrops
05-05-2016, 10:07 AM
http://247sports.com/Player/Brad-Stewart-75563

What's our chances with Brad Stewart (4*CB from New Orleans)? Why no LSU offer?

Only thing I can think of is I know LSU casts a wide net, especially when in comes to recruiting db's. They'll probably offer him though, just to **** it up for us, if for nothing else.