PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting 2017

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Ifyouonlyknew
05-05-2016, 11:06 AM
http://247sports.com/Player/Brad-Stewart-75563

What's our chances with Brad Stewart (4*CB from New Orleans)? Why no LSU offer?

He needs to camp at LSU but LSU isn't DBU for nothing. They sign the best of the best so a guy like Stewart who's a consensus 4* isn't quite high enough on the board for LSU.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-05-2016, 11:23 AM
He needs to camp at LSU but LSU isn't DBU for nothing. They sign the best of the best so a guy like Stewart who's a consensus 4* isn't quite high enough on the board for LSU.

Are we in good shape with him?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Are we in good shape with him?

Yes we're doing well. MSU & Florida are the 2 schools most mentioned with Stewart.

ShotgunDawg
05-05-2016, 03:19 PM
whats the story on Josiah Coatney that just committed to OM? I know we were on him at one time, but did we back off? How in the hell does Ole Miss beat us on a player right now with what all is going on there?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-05-2016, 03:21 PM
whats the story on Josiah Coatney that just committed to OM? I know we were on him at one time, but did we back off? How in the hell does Ole Miss beat us on a player right now with what all is going on there?

I don't think we were ever really in it. Seemed to be a bama/OM battle. He's a good football player, but had off the field issues in the past.

ShotgunDawg
05-05-2016, 03:22 PM
I don't think we were ever really in it. Seemed to be a bama/OM battle.

just seems odd to pick OM right now. Is he dumb?

Bothrops
05-05-2016, 03:25 PM
I can't for the life of me understand why a player with no ties would prefer Ole Miss right now.

ShotgunDawg
05-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Not only that but this kid is from Holmes, the same school Tee Sheperd was from. After how they treated Tee, how does this happen?

jumbo
05-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Freezus assured him that new investigation is nothing.

maroonmania
05-05-2016, 05:01 PM
just seems odd to pick OM right now. Is he dumb?

Why? If a guy is out for some money on the side it would seem OM is the best bet to get that at the moment. Playing in bowl games is not the top priority for every player.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Not only that but this kid is from Holmes, the same school Tee Sheperd was from. After how they treated Tee, how does this happen?

His arrest record is floating around Twitter....It is starting to make sense now.

state66
05-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Hard to argue that when Bama wanted him.

Todd4State
05-17-2016, 12:11 AM
Question about Jordan Murphy from Hattiesburg- why does there seem to be a lack of interest in him on his part?

mic
05-17-2016, 06:49 AM
Hard to argue that when Bama wanted him.

Bama also supposedly wanted Ryan Buchanan ..

msstate7
05-17-2016, 07:07 AM
I see hill getting a lot of CBs this week. Is he close to committing? Really wanna get him in the boat soon.

vv83
05-17-2016, 11:04 AM
I see hill getting a lot of CBs this week. Is he close to committing? Really wanna get him in the boat soon.

His twitter feed has been all State. hopefully he pulls the trigger soon

djaymsu5
05-18-2016, 09:29 PM
IYOK what do you think about Warren Thompson. 4* Athlete out of Seffner, FL that's got good height. He's 6'4" 185 and is pretty fast. Saw where we offered him not too long ago but he is crystal balled 100% to Miami. He let out a top 7 with Mississippi State listed in it. Would be huge to pull this kid out of Hurricane and Gator territory. Him and Keytaon have been talking some on Twitter so maybe Keytaon is doing a little recruiting for us.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-18-2016, 09:46 PM
IYOK what do you think about Warren Thompson. 4* Athlete out of Seffner, FL that's got good height. He's 6'4" 185 and is pretty fast. Saw where we offered him not too long ago but he is crystal balled 100% to Miami. He let out a top 7 with Mississippi State listed in it. Would be huge to pull this kid out of Hurricane and Gator territory. Him and Keytaon have been talking some on Twitter so maybe Keytaon is doing a little recruiting for us.

He's a 2018 kid so it's a long time away.

djaymsu5
05-19-2016, 10:42 AM
He's a 2018 kid so it's a long time away.

Oh ok. I was thinking he was a 2017 kid.

ElitedawgRecruiting
05-22-2016, 12:18 PM
Kymbotric Mason, WR Noxubee County, reports be committed

ElitedawgRecruiting
05-22-2016, 12:45 PM
To clarify. I have heard yes and no on him. Waiting game I guess

jumbo
05-23-2016, 01:06 PM
Kind of weird. He posted on twitter that he committed but it looks like he just copied and pasted Kylin Hill's commitment tweet. And with no reaction from the staff I'm assuming he "committed" without talking to them first, aka he's not actually committed.

mic
05-28-2016, 07:42 AM
Any news on Osirus Mitchell for the '16 class.?? And apparently the Reggie Todd isn't going to enroll a New Mexico St for basketball and we are still looking at him for the '16 class as well..
Wonder if they are both takes?. I would guess yes...

jumbo
05-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Mitchell was set to sign but then Wake Forest and Maryland got in his ear.

Bothrops
05-28-2016, 11:39 AM
Mitchell was set to sign but then Wake Forest and Maryland got in his ear.

Good Lord..

Bdawg
06-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Looks like Mitchell is in the boat now. Nice work by our staff to find someone so late.

state66
06-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Three 6'5 WR on the roster this year? Thats pretty cool.

vv83
06-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Looks like Mitchell is in the boat now. Nice work by our staff to find someone so late.

Counts towards 2016 class right? Good get

jumbo
06-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Yes.

HancockCountyDog
06-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Looks like Devin Duvernay, a consensus Top 100 player in the country is not a free agent. He happens to play WR, we need him badly. Lets make this happen.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Looks like Devin Duvernay, a consensus Top 100 player in the country is not a free agent. He happens to play WR, we need him badly. Lets make this happen.

Texas or TCU most likely...

Plus, when was the last time we got a transfer or grad transfer that had other P-5 options?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Looks like the rebs and Barney are back at it:

Gay said he also has plenty of conversations daily with the four other coaching staffs — especially with Ole Miss.

“It’s great with (defensive coordinator) Coach (Dave) Wommack, (head) Coach (Hugh) Freeze and (assistant athletic director for high school and junior college relations) Coach Barney (Farrar) is the closest out of all of them,” Gay said. “I talk to Coach Barney a lot whenever I can and it’s always about life and not just about football and about life after football.

“When they really want someone, they’ll let you know. They treat you as if you are already on the team.”

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Are recruits not hearing about what is going on? Are they actually believing what these fools are telling them?

mic
06-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Looks like the rebs and Barney are back at it:

Gay said he also has plenty of conversations daily with the four other coaching staffs — especially with Ole Miss.

“It’s great with (defensive coordinator) Coach (Dave) Wommack, (head) Coach (Hugh) Freeze and (assistant athletic director for high school and junior college relations) Coach Barney (Farrar) is the closest out of all of them,” Gay said. “I talk to Coach Barney a lot whenever I can and it’s always about life and not just about football and about life after football.

“When they really want someone, they’ll let you know. They treat you as if you are already on the team.”

Not worried about Gay at all..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-08-2016, 08:24 AM

There were those who weren't worried about AJ either?

mic
06-08-2016, 08:26 AM

Different year.
Different situation.
Different kid.

Really Clark?
06-08-2016, 09:13 AM

There were many UNM recruiting insiders (not the site guys spinning) not worried about getting Simmons either.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Different year.
Different situation.
Different kid.

point is..you never know

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-08-2016, 10:53 AM

Is he close to Kobe Jones?

How much of an impact will his gf make now that she's going to UM?

maroonmania
06-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Are recruits not hearing about what is going on? Are they actually believing what these fools are telling them?

Hey, to each his own. I have no doubt that there are some recruits and families of recruits that are interested in UNM BECAUSE they feel like they can get some extra goodies while there. Going to a bowl and playing for a "clean" program is definitely not the primary things some recruits are looking for.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Is he close to Kobe Jones?

How much of an impact will his gf make now that she's going to UM?

He & Kobe are very close.

His G/F choosing OM wasn't anything new. She has been leaning & expected to go there for a while she just recently signed with OM.

Bothrops
06-08-2016, 11:01 AM
I'm not gonna worry about Gay until he commits.

vv83
06-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Anyone know who's in Starkville this weekend? This would be a great weekend to have some recruits out in Left field lounge (if we're allowed to do that)

bulldawg28
06-11-2016, 07:02 AM
Anyone know who's in Starkville this weekend? This would be a great weekend to have some recruits out in Left field lounge (if we're allowed to do that)

No, we're not allowed rebel.

vv83
06-12-2016, 05:50 PM
No, we're not allowed rebel.

My bad I'll read and memorize every NCAA rule in the book before I post again

msstate7
06-12-2016, 06:05 PM
My bad I'll read and memorize every NCAA rule in the book before I post again

Pm me when you're ready. I'll set up you with bracky for your written test**

Bothrops
06-13-2016, 07:15 AM
Jaquarius Landrews. Need to offer him and get him enrolled without further delay.

PlattsburgDawg
06-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Jaquarius Landrews. Need to offer him and get him enrolled without further delay.

What's the story on this kid? Can he enroll now? And anything new on Reggie Todd?

jumbo
06-13-2016, 01:46 PM

Already offered and will commit soon. He's trying to decide whether to enroll now or play 1 more year at Co Lin. There are message board rumblings that it would piss of Glen Davis at Co Lin if we "took one his guys early"

jumbo
06-13-2016, 01:47 PM
What's the story on this kid? Can he enroll now? And anything new on Reggie Todd?

See my post above on Landrews. Todd will probably commit to us soon. Bama is only offering a gray shirt.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-13-2016, 02:22 PM
Already offered and will commit soon. He's trying to decide whether to enroll now or play 1 more year at Co Lin. There are message board rumblings that it would piss of Glen Davis at Co Lin if we "took one his guys early"

I think this may end up working out for us to get him here this summer. I know he wants to be here this summer.

Tripp McNeely
06-13-2016, 03:30 PM
I think this may end up working out for us to get him here this summer. I know he wants to be here this summer.

What do you make of the rumblings on 247 that one of our coaches said he'd be the best safety on the team in 2016 if he enrolled this year?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-13-2016, 03:50 PM
What do you make of the rumblings on 247 that one of our coaches said he'd be the best safety on the team in 2016 if he enrolled this year?

Said he would be the 2nd best behind Bryant but he's an athletic freak. Had a 41" Vertical Jump & a 10' 11" Broad Jump.

I seen it dawg
06-13-2016, 04:15 PM
Then Glen will just need to get consoled and let the player get where he needs to be.

Bothrops
06-13-2016, 05:22 PM
He's an elite athlete. He could play RB, slot, or safety and would be a difference maker.

mic
06-13-2016, 08:53 PM
Hearing Todd committed..
Very good late pick up.
Let's us focus on other needs for the 2017 class..

Bothrops
06-13-2016, 09:31 PM
Hearing Todd committed..
Very good late pick up.
Let's us focus on other needs for the 2017 class..

Yes!!

Irondawg
06-13-2016, 09:35 PM
Todd is a really nice pickup at this point. Could develop into a really nice player. None of them may pan out but we did a good job of filling the big receiver spots this summer with two late qualifiers.

state66
06-13-2016, 09:36 PM
3 6'5 WR in the 2016 class. Have we ever had that many 6'5+ WR on the roster? Todd, Mitchell, and Couch are going to make our X position very dangerous.

mic
06-14-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm hearing we are going to be in the running for a few big time out of state guys that we would of had zero shot at getting just a few years back...
Not saying they will pull the trigger to us , but we are seemingly becoming more appealing to big time out of state guys and just not the out of state raw prospects..
Down side of that is that I haven't heard any of them being OL...

Ifyouonlyknew
06-14-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm hearing we are going to be in the running for a few big time out of state guys that we would of had zero shot at getting just a few years back...
Not saying they will pull the trigger to us , but we are seemingly becoming more appealing to big time out of state guys and just not the out of state raw prospects..
Down side of that is that I haven't heard any of them being OL...

Some OOS OL that we're in the running & have a realistic shot at are

Caleb Chandler - GA
Toryque Bateman - AL
Case Cook - GA
Kendall Randolph - AL
Cordavien Suggs - FL
Dwayne Fisher - LA

There are other OOS OL but these are some of the bigger names.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
06-14-2016, 06:27 PM

Are any out of Trey Smith, Billy Ross, Jacob Rimmer, Nick Brahms or Josh Cooper still on the board?

HancockCountyDog
06-14-2016, 06:38 PM
Are any out of Trey Smith, Billy Ross, Jacob Rimmer, Nick Brahms or Josh Cooper still on the board?

I'm pretty sure Big Orange has Trey Smith taken care of.

mic
06-14-2016, 06:40 PM
Some OOS OL that we're in the running & have a realistic shot at are

Caleb Chandler - GA
Toryque Bateman - AL
Case Cook - GA
Kendall Randolph - AL
Cordavien Suggs - FL
Dwayne Fisher - LA

We need to land 3 of these guys.,
Randolph would be a huge get..

Ifyouonlyknew
06-14-2016, 08:02 PM

Out of that group Cooper would be the most likely.

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-14-2016, 08:26 PM
Any rumors on whether a big commit or two will sign during the big dawg camp in july?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-16-2016, 03:42 PM
From yesterday...another lineman off the board, Lavante Epson to UM.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-16-2016, 03:48 PM
From yesterday...another lineman off the board, Lavante Epson to UM.

Well if he turns out to be good then we will have a chance to recruit him again in 2yrs.

Tripp McNeely
06-16-2016, 04:03 PM
Well if he turns out to be good then we will have a chance to recruit him again in 2yrs.

Paul Jones saying he couldn't commit to us right now if he wanted to.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-16-2016, 04:11 PM
Paul Jones saying he couldn't commit to us right now if he wanted to.

He couldn't I'm just saying it won't matter.

HancockCountyDog
06-16-2016, 08:39 PM
He couldn't I'm just saying it won't matter.

I'm pretty sure that's why they took the commit. They can't enroll 25 in 2017, they are still going to sign a "full" class.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Have we backed off Kam White? We weren't on his top schools list.

LibraryDawg
06-18-2016, 12:46 PM
Was the JJ Russell offer and subsequent commit a tactic to get CJ Avery or can the kid really play?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-18-2016, 12:52 PM
Was the JJ Russell offer and subsequent commit a tactic to get CJ Avery or can the kid really play?

Kid can really play but it doesn't hurt they're best friends.

shrimp
06-18-2016, 09:29 PM
Go take a look at the videos that IYOK posted in his commitment thread. Violence.

raymonddawg
06-18-2016, 11:05 PM
Anybody know anything about Emmit Gooden? I know he transferred to some community college in the Midwest but haven't heard about his future at MSU in a while.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-20-2016, 09:02 AM
Have we backed off Kam White? We weren't on his top schools list.

IYOK...any thoughts on Kam?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2016, 09:15 AM
IYOK...any thoughts on Kam?

That's a weird deal with Kam. I don't really know what happened bc I like Kam a lot. I actually like him more as a WR while most like him on defense. I know we slacked up on recruiting him a few months back.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-20-2016, 09:22 AM
That's a weird deal with Kam. I don't really know what happened bc I like Kam a lot. I actually like him more as a WR while most like him on defense. I know we slacked up on recruiting him a few months back.

It's just nuts that there are 2 Power 5 prospects at Clinton and we're not going to sign either one. I never thought that would've happened.

djaymsu5
06-20-2016, 09:34 AM

And there is absolutely no excuse for that. This staff sux at recruiting. They pull a couple good ones and think their class is set.

maroonmania
06-20-2016, 09:47 AM
And there is absolutely no excuse for that. This staff sux at recruiting. They pull a couple good ones and think their class is set.

I think the "This is Our State" slogan can officially die now.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2016, 10:28 AM

This isn't a lack of effort on the staff they just didn't like Kam as much as some other guys. We can agree or disagree on whether or not he should've been higher up the board but they just didn't like him as much as some other prospects.

BankerDog
06-20-2016, 10:36 AM

You're funny. Hard to compete when Ole Miss is paying Cam Akers not to visit here as well as Willie Gay. You guys keep thinking the post season bans are gonna help, but they really aren't. It didn't hurt USC.

mic
06-20-2016, 10:56 AM
You're funny. Hard to compete when Ole Miss is paying Cam Akers not to visit here as well as Willie Gay. You guys keep thinking the post season bans are gonna help, but they really aren't. It didn't hurt USC.

Didn't hurt USC????? Have they been in the national title picture the past 7 years ? No... Since their last Rose Bowl in '08 they have gone to 5 bowl games . Emarld, Sun, Vegas, Holiday, Holiday.. And they were still getting 4 and 5 star guys during their probation period.. ( because they are USC and there are an abundance of those players in Cali.) UMiss isn't USC and won't be drawing in out of state talent like they have the last few years..

Again if UMiss gets USCe sanctions it's going to be devastating.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-20-2016, 11:12 AM
Didn't hurt USC????? Have they been in the national title picture the past 7 years ? No... Since their last Rose Bowl in '08 they have gone to 5 bowl games . Emarld, Sun, Vegas, Holiday, Holiday.. And they were still getting 4 and 5 star guys during their probation period.. ( because they are USC and there are an abundance of those players in Cali.) UMiss isn't USC and won't be drawing in out of state talent like they have the last few years..

Again if UMiss gets USCe sanctions it's going to be devastating.

USC also had instability at Head Coach, with one being Lane Kiffin and the other an alcoholic. In those 7 years you mentioned, USC's recruiting on fell out of the Top 10 one season and that was at #13. They have more of leadership problem at USC rather than reeling from sanctions.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-20-2016, 12:13 PM

They are getting more than USC...IMHO they have done much worse than USC.

jumbo
06-20-2016, 12:50 PM
USC also has the ability to recruit based on their name alone. No matter who the coach is, 4-5* kids will have interest in USC.

We will find out if Freeze can do the same without the money.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-20-2016, 01:04 PM
What we are seeing is OM's strategy taken from Alabama...cheat for several years to build a championship program, set the standard, back off the cheating because then you have attention without having to cheat and then sell the "We are winning championships" sales pitch. Unfortunately they couldn't get to the championship status with their famed 2013 class. And now they are getting busted before they can move any further. I freaking love it!

msstate7
06-20-2016, 01:22 PM
USC also had instability at Head Coach, with one being Lane Kiffin and the other an alcoholic. In those 7 years you mentioned, USC's recruiting on fell out of the Top 10 one season and that was at #13. They have more of leadership problem at USC rather than reeling from sanctions.
Perhaps they had a leadership problem bc there aren't many top flight coaches that wanna jump on a program that has severe sanctions. Either way though, I think it was the depth issues (bc of sanctions) more than the coaching

mic
06-20-2016, 02:31 PM
USC also has the ability to recruit based on their name alone. No matter who the coach is, 4-5* kids will have interest in USC.

We will find out if Freeze can do the same without the money.

Jumbo gets it..

Commercecomet24
06-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Y'all do realize, UNM didn't just start cheating the last few years right? They've been cheating as long as i've been alive and how many championships has it got them? They always screw it up and they drop right back to the bottom, then they climb back up a little and get hit again, but they never reach the top. It's their pattern. And as much as they talk about us being obsessed with them, it's really them with the obsession, they don't get enough players to win championships they just want to stay ahead of us. Just look at the history.

maroonmania
06-20-2016, 04:14 PM
Y'all do realize, UNM didn't just start cheating the last few years right? They've been cheating as long as i've been alive and how many championships has it got them? They always screw it up and they drop right back to the bottom, then they climb back up a little and get hit again, but they never reach the top. It's their pattern. And as much as they talk about us being obsessed with them, it's really them with the obsession, they don't get enough players to win championships they just want to stay ahead of us. Just look at the history.

While that's true I think we can all agree that its been taken to a whole new level the last few years under Freeze. UNM has always cheated, like a lot SEC schools, but they haven't always been getting 5 star recruits from states that don't even border MS. And I don't think their campus has gained THAT much additional beauty over the past 4-5 years.

Commercecomet24
06-20-2016, 04:20 PM
While that's true I think we can all agree that its been taken to a whole new level the last few years under Freeze. UNM has always cheated, like a lot SEC schools, but they haven't always been getting 5 star recruits from states that don't even border MS. And I don't think their campus has gained THAT much additional beauty over the past 4-5 years.

Oh yeah they've definitely stepped it up and its also the reason they're gonna get busted worse than they have in the past. And they do always find a way to screw it up, they are after all unm. You mean you don't believe all the bears telling us how beautiful it is there? lol.

djaymsu5
06-20-2016, 06:35 PM
This isn't a lack of effort on the staff they just didn't like Kam as much as some other guys. We can agree or disagree on whether or not he should've been higher up the board but they just didn't like him as much as some other prospects.

I gotcha. I misinterpreted that then

djaymsu5
06-20-2016, 06:47 PM

Whether you're right about them paying Cam not to visit us or not I honestly don't think we would have a legitimate shot at landing Cam anyways. He just has never shown any interest to state for whatever reason. I'm sure us getting Kylin doesn't help that but I'd rather have a kid like Kylin that wants to be a dawg and isn't afraid to work and rep his home school. Willie is another story. There just isn't any excuse for that. I knew once his gf signed to OM it was over.

jumbo
06-21-2016, 07:50 AM
Per Steve this guy is seeking a release from Baylor and we are a potential landing spot

http://247sports.com/Player/BJ-Autry-79693?PlayerInstitution=138356

Ifyouonlyknew
06-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Per Steve this guy is seeking a release from Baylor and we are a potential landing spot

http://247sports.com/Player/BJ-Autry-79693?PlayerInstitution=138356

I think we better steer clear of this 1. Looks like he's been kicked off or asked to leave due to a sexual assault he was apart of.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/details-emerge-about-departure-of-baylor-dl-jeremy-faulk-153140225.html

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-21-2016, 10:16 AM
I think we better steer clear of this 1. Looks like he's been kicked off or asked to leave due to a sexual assault he was apart of.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/details-emerge-about-departure-of-baylor-dl-jeremy-faulk-153140225.html

Ole Miss it is then...

jumbo
06-21-2016, 10:18 AM

Yeah, didn't see that article till after I posted. Nobody on the Baylor board would say why he was dismissed. Pass.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-24-2016, 08:54 AM
IYOK...is Tyre Phillips a take right now?

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyre-Phillips-94243

Ifyouonlyknew
06-24-2016, 09:08 AM
IYOK...is Tyre Phillips a take right now?

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyre-Phillips-94243

I don't know if he is today but I expect him to by December. Look like we're going to take 3 Juco & probably 4 HS OL.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-24-2016, 09:21 AM
I don't know if he is today but I expect him to by December. Look like we're going to take 3 Juco & probably 4 HS OL.

Thanks, but I'm not quite sure how to take that haha

Ifyouonlyknew
06-24-2016, 10:06 AM
Thanks, but I'm not quite sure how to take that haha

I mean I expect him in the class. I probably should've worded it different. Looks like we'd take Phillips, D'Marcus Hayes, & Champion.

Bothrops
06-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Looks like we're really pursuing this Baylor kid.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Looks like we're really pursuing this Baylor kid.

I don't think we're going to bring him in.

Dawgfan77
06-27-2016, 08:08 AM
I don't think we're going to bring him in.

You and Paul seem to think he is not a take. Rosebowl seems to think we are still interested. What do we have to lose by taking him?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-27-2016, 08:35 AM
You and Paul seem to think he is not a take. Rosebowl seems to think we are still interested. What do we have to lose by taking him?

Have to make sure why he's leaving Baylor. Some say he was dismissed from the team some say he just left. If he was dismissed for sexual assault like it is being suggested then no I don't think we should take him. Have to do your homework on these kids & he's not giving interviews & of course Baylor has enough on their plate than to worry about giving the rundown on a kid who may or may not have been dismissed. Just not a typical transfer situation where you rush in & get him on campus & offer him a scholarship. Don't want to end up with egg on our faces.

maroonmania
06-27-2016, 10:02 AM
Have to make sure why he's leaving Baylor. Some say he was dismissed from the team some say he just left. If he was dismissed for sexual assault like it is being suggested then no I don't think we should take him. Have to do your homework on these kids & he's not giving interviews & of course Baylor has enough on their plate than to worry about giving the rundown on a kid who may or may not have been dismissed. Just not a typical transfer situation where you rush in & get him on campus & offer him a scholarship. Don't want to end up with egg on our faces.

Given the Jeffrey Simmons situation I'm sure we will shy away from taking any other player with possible baggage like this if there is any validity to the claims of why he was dismissed.

mic
06-29-2016, 09:04 AM
Rumblings that Gabe Campbell wants out of Oklahoma .. Redshirted last year. I. Sure he doesn't want to sit out another year with a transfer...
Co-Lin needs to be on the horn ASAP....

Ifyouonlyknew
06-29-2016, 09:15 AM
Rumblings that Gabe Campbell wants out of Oklahoma .. Redshirted last year. I. Sure he doesn't want to sit out another year with a transfer...

If he wants p/t he better go somewhere else besides Co-Lin. They have 5-6 legit D1/SEC caliber DL already.

mic
06-29-2016, 09:33 AM
If he wants p/t he better go somewhere else besides Co-Lin. They have 5-6 legit D1/SEC caliber DL already.

Well if that's the case we better be on ALL of them...

maroonmania
06-29-2016, 10:16 AM

All he has to do is claim to have some old, sick relative back home that he needs to be near and then he can come back to a D1 school in MS without having to sit out.

djaymsu5
06-29-2016, 09:55 PM

Guess his gf broke up with him.

djaymsu5
06-30-2016, 10:11 AM
Could be wrong but I think we can basically go ahead and say Avery to OM.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-30-2016, 10:19 AM
Could be wrong but I think we can basically go ahead and say Avery to OM.

Why is that?

Tripp McNeely
06-30-2016, 11:53 AM
Why is that?

Uh...yeah...why pray tell?

djaymsu5
06-30-2016, 12:00 PM
Why is that?

Do you feel otherwise?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-30-2016, 12:06 PM
Do you feel otherwise?

I don't feel like he's a done deal to OM at all but I was asking because you may have some newer information that I do.

djaymsu5
06-30-2016, 12:24 PM
I don't feel like he's a done deal to OM at all but I was asking because you may have some newer information that I do.

I'm strictly going off of a gut feeling. I should have worded it better but I am pretty confident he goes to OM. I hope that I'm wrong 100% though. I know Willie is recruiting him pretty hard though. Hopefully us having JJ Russell in his ear will help

msstate7
06-30-2016, 12:35 PM
I'm strictly going off of a gut feeling. I should have worded it better but I am pretty confident he goes to OM. I hope that I'm wrong 100% though. I know Willie is recruiting him pretty hard though. Hopefully us having JJ Russell in his ear will help

Losing a Starkville kid to om is tough enough, but him openly recruiting against us is even worse. Might have to attend a shs game just to boo haha

maroonmania
06-30-2016, 12:52 PM

You are probably correct. Its been my experience, at least under Mullen, that if we don't pretty much know they are coming here then they aren't. Been a few exceptions like Leo Lewis and Simmons but they are more the exception than the rule.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-30-2016, 01:12 PM
This is recruiting & it changes daily. I do know that there are several in Grenada who think that when we JJ committed to MSU that was a HUGE deal in CJ recruitment. We'll see in a month or 2 how it plays out.

djaymsu5
06-30-2016, 01:24 PM
Losing a Starkville kid to om is tough enough, but him openly recruiting against us is even worse. Might have to attend a shs game just to boo haha

Yea just take a look at Twitter and he's openly recruiting for the bears and constantly saying something to Avery about OM.

djaymsu5
06-30-2016, 01:25 PM
This is recruiting & it changes daily. I do know that there are several in Grenada who think that when we JJ committed to MSU that was a HUGE deal in CJ recruitment. We'll see in a month or 2 how it plays out.

Yea I guess we will see. I hope it was and I would love for us to land him.

djaymsu5
06-30-2016, 01:28 PM
You are probably correct. Its been my experience, at least under Mullen, that if we don't pretty much know they are coming here then they aren't. Been a few exceptions like Leo Lewis and Simmons but they are more the exception than the rule.

Yea exactly. Maybe CJ will see that dumpster fire for what it really is.

defiantdog
06-30-2016, 03:08 PM
Why does everyone think the Willie Gay saga is over?

Tripp McNeely
06-30-2016, 03:22 PM

^^^^ Leo 2.0

msstate7
06-30-2016, 03:26 PM

I don't think it's over, but I'm not counting on him in this class. I hope he is though

maroonmania
06-30-2016, 03:35 PM
^^^^ Leo 2.0

I don't remember Leo EVER openly recruiting for the Bears even when he was "committed". The situation with Gay does not have the same feel. Still amazed the Bears can be attractive to a Starkville kid when the NCAA is about to lower the boom on them.

Tripp McNeely
06-30-2016, 04:07 PM
I don't remember Leo EVER openly recruiting for the Bears even when he was "committed". The situation with Gay does not have the same feel. Still amazed the Bears can be attractive to a Starkville kid when the NCAA is about to lower the boom on them.

Starkville kids OBVIOUSLY will commit to tsun. I don't think anybody really paid attention****, but it happened last year, in fact...but, the point is, if they really want to end up in Oxford, they don't make a final commitment in June. They do it EXACTLY like AJ did. He wrote the book on it. Be uncommital until Signing Day. Why would you put yourself through an entire school year of dealing with the crap that he's going to have to deal with??? Why push your commitment up?? Commit on Signing Day and limit the harassment! Hell, I bet he's uncommitted by BDC.

maroonmania
06-30-2016, 04:11 PM
Starkville kids OBVIOUSLY will commit to tsun. I don't think anybody really paid attention****, but it happened last year, in fact...but, the point is, if they really want to end up in Oxford, they don't make a final commitment in June. They do it EXACTLY like AJ did. He wrote the book on it. Be uncommital until Signing Day. Why would you put yourself through an entire school year of dealing with the crap that he's going to have to deal with??? Why push your commitment up?? Commit on Signing Day and limit the harassment! Hell, I bet he's uncommitted by BDC.

If you don't plan to stay true to your commitment, then why help that team get other commitments? I believe he is truly committed to them at the moment, now whether that holds or not until next February I don't know.

Tripp McNeely
06-30-2016, 04:24 PM
If you don't plan to stay true to your commitment, then why help that team get other commitments? I believe he is truly committed to them at the moment, now whether that holds or not until next February I don't know.

I'm sure they are begging him to publicly help them commit. If you're gonna play the mole, you can't be obvious about it. If you really want to hurt them you play the part until later down the road. It makes the decommit and flip THAT much more dramatic...and for the record, I can't stand crap like this. I wish he'd just decommit and commit to us.

djaymsu5
06-30-2016, 04:31 PM
I'm sure they are begging him to publicly help them commit. If you're gonna play the mole, you can't be obvious about it. If you really want to hurt them you play the part until later down the road. It makes the decommit and flip THAT much more dramatic...and for the record, I can't stand crap like this. I wish he'd just decommit and commit to us.

Do you have any proof that this is Leo 2.0 or are you just holding out your last bit of hope? I for one don't believe that shit for one second. I mean I would love to be wrong and look like an idiot and have him commit or sign with us but cmon man. I know it's recruiting and crazier stuff has happened but I guess we will see. Btw I don't have any proof what so ever that Avery will end up at OM just the vibe I've been getting lately. I firmly believe that Willie and CJ want to go to the same school though where that be state or OM.

defiantdog
06-30-2016, 04:52 PM
Do you have any proof that this is Leo 2.0 or are you just holding out your last bit of hope? I for one don't believe that shit for one second. I mean I would love to be wrong and look like an idiot and have him commit or sign with us but cmon man. I know it's recruiting and crazier stuff has happened but I guess we will see. Btw I don't have any proof what so ever that Avery will end up at OM just the vibe I've been getting lately. I firmly believe that Willie and CJ want to go to the same school though where that be state or OM.

I still believe Avery and Akers both end up at OM. They are both waiting for their individual moments to commit. And Willie isn't a Leo type situation. There isn't a silent commit here or anything like that. It's more of a Lashley situation right now where he has too many voices in his ear. But it's June, it'll all change when he starts making officials. You don't think Kobe Jones just gonna let Willie scape out to a place with nice trees and shit, do you?

Off topic, Erroll Thompson has blown the **** up over the summer. He's easily 6'2" 245lbs - pure muscle.

Tripp McNeely
06-30-2016, 05:19 PM

I follow recruiting. Usually the obvious direction is the way things end up going. It's very "weird" that a Starkville kid would commit to om in friggin June...probably for good reason. Using terms like "last bit" when referring to the hope that he flips in this situation is a reach. There are gobs of evidence out there to support it. Hell, Robbie Faulk said his family reached out to our staff immediately after the commit and have been in constant contact ever since

djaymsu5
06-30-2016, 06:29 PM
I follow recruiting. Usually the obvious direction is the way things end up going. It's very "weird" that a Starkville kid would commit to om in friggin June...probably for good reason. Using terms like "last bit" when referring to the hope that he flips in this situation is a reach. There are gobs of evidence out there to support it. Hell, Robbie Faulk said his family reached out to our staff immediately after the commit and have been in constant contact ever since

Yea it's all a weird situation. I hope you are right but who knows

djaymsu5
06-30-2016, 06:31 PM
I still believe Avery and Akers both end up at OM. They are both waiting for their individual moments to commit. And Willie isn't a Leo type situation. There isn't a silent commit here or anything like that. It's more of a Lashley situation right now where he has too many voices in his ear. But it's June, it'll all change when he starts making officials. You don't think Kobe Jones just gonna let Willie scape out to a place with nice trees and shit, do you?

Off topic, Erroll Thompson has blown the **** up over the summer. He's easily 6'2" 245lbs - pure muscle.

Errol was already big. He probably honestly has lost some weight since he's gotten on campus. But I wouldn't think Kobe would. Although Kobe ain't paying Willie to come to state either.

Bothrops
07-01-2016, 05:37 AM
Gay is gone, and expect Avery to follow.

On a side note..Erroll Thompson could throw Willie Gay 3 rows into the stands.

maroonmania
07-01-2016, 10:00 AM

Yep, unfortunately it ain't Our State 'no mo or so it would seem.

djaymsu5
07-01-2016, 10:01 AM

Totally agree. Him and Leo could be a nasty 1-2 punch on the inside. I think Errol will take somebody's spot. That SB hits folks with no remorse. Him and Leo are a lot alike. If we can get Peters and McLauring to starting hitting people like Sean Taylor we will be a nasty ass defense.

djaymsu5
07-01-2016, 10:03 AM
I knew Willie was going to OM when I asked IYOK 2 years ago why we weren't recruiting a 4 star kid out of our back yard. We jumped on him too late. OM already had built a relationship by the time we tried. Lack of effort by the coaching staff AGAIN!

mic
07-01-2016, 10:09 AM
I knew Willie was going to OM when I asked IYOK 2 years ago why we weren't recruiting a 4 star kid out of our back yard. We jumped on him too late. OM already had built a relationship by the time we tried. Lack of effort by the coaching staff AGAIN!

He didn't go there because they "recruited" him harder or got on him first...

Ifyouonlyknew
07-01-2016, 10:12 AM
I guess we'll see how it plays out between now & February.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
07-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Why didn't Brandon Smith get an offer? I see he committed to Iowa recently. My friend coaches him & thinks highly of his ability. Do you think he's an SEC-caliber player?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Why didn't Brandon Smith get an offer? I see he committed to Iowa recently. My friend coaches him & thinks highly of his ability. Do you think he's an SEC-caliber player?

I like Brandon & think he's a good player. His biggest question mark is his speed. He's just down the board some.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-01-2016, 12:05 PM
I don't remember Leo EVER openly recruiting for the Bears even when he was "committed".

Seriously? Oh yes he WAS!! I remember seeing alot of stuff on Twitter from him hyping up OM..

djaymsu5
07-01-2016, 10:36 PM
He didn't go there because they "recruited" him harder or got on him first...

May not have been the only reason but it's one of them

spiritual_machine2005
07-01-2016, 10:52 PM
any idea if willie gay will come to big dawg camp?

Tripp McNeely
07-01-2016, 11:10 PM
any idea if willie gay will come to big dawg camp?

Robbie and Paul say they expect him there

mcain31
07-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Do we have a realistic shot at getting Caled Chandler, 2017 OT from Jefferson, GA?

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Caleb-Chandler-81742/RecruitInterests

mic
07-06-2016, 10:24 AM
May not have been the only reason but it's one of them

Just be patient with Gay.
Lots can and will happen between now and NSD...

Ifyouonlyknew
07-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Do we have a realistic shot at getting Caled Chandler, 2017 OT from Jefferson, GA?

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Caleb-Chandler-81742/RecruitInterests

He listed a top 6 yesterday of Florida, Georgia Southern, Iowa State, Louisville, Virginia Tech, & MSU in no order. We have a shot but he needs to come visit soon IMO. We have some very solid options at OL & I don't think he can wait forever.

mcain31
07-06-2016, 12:49 PM
He listed a top 6 yesterday of Florida, Georgia Southern, Iowa State, Louisville, Virginia Tech, & MSU in no order. We have a shot but he needs to come visit soon IMO. We have some very solid options at OL & I don't think he can wait forever.
Do you think that he will visit soon? I'm just hoping we can improve our OL recruiting so we can begin to take the next step offensively.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Do you think that he will visit soon? I'm just hoping we can improve our OL recruiting so we can begin to take the next step offensively.

I'm hoping he comes for Big Dawg but I expect him to OV.

Bothrops
07-06-2016, 02:04 PM
IYOK, who do you feel best about us getting out of the OOS o-linemen?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-06-2016, 02:11 PM
IYOK, who do you feel best about us getting out of the OOS o-linemen?

Cordavien Suggs
Josh Cooper
Will Sherman
Case Cook
Caleb Chandler
Dwayne Fisher
Ye'majesty Sanders
Adrian Ealy
Obinna Eze
Toryque Bateman

In that order. Bateman could move up in the top 4 or 5 because he constantly list us in his top 3 but hasn't visited.

Bothrops
07-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Ok thanks

GTHOM
07-10-2016, 06:25 PM
IYOK, do you think we get any commits at Big Dawg camp? If so who?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-10-2016, 06:37 PM
IYOK, do you think we get any commits at Big Dawg camp? If so who?

I expect 5-6. Some names to watch

Deion Pope
Tyree Owens
Jaquarius Landrews
Cordavien Suggs
Josh Cooper
CJ Avery
Tyre Phillips
DQ Thomas
Nik Hogan (2018)
Jarveon Howard (2018)
Jarrian Williams (2019)

GTHOM
07-10-2016, 06:44 PM

Deion Pope
Tyree Owens
Jaquarius Landrews
Cordavien Suggs
Josh Cooper
CJ Avery
Tyre Phillips
DQ Thomas
Nik Hogan (2018)
Jarveon Howard (2018)
Jarrian Williams (2019)

If we get CJ Avery and any of the OL I will be more than satisfied.

msstate7
07-10-2016, 06:45 PM

Deion Pope
Tyree Owens
Jaquarius Landrews
Cordavien Suggs
Josh Cooper
CJ Avery
Tyre Phillips
DQ Thomas
Nik Hogan (2018)
Jarveon Howard (2018)
Jarrian Williams (2019)

That'd be quite a pull

Ifyouonlyknew
07-10-2016, 07:05 PM
That'd be quite a pull

I'm not expecting all of these guys to commit. I'm saying any of those wouldn't surprise me.

djaymsu5
07-10-2016, 08:00 PM
I'm not expecting all of these guys to commit. I'm saying any of those wouldn't surprise me.

We not recruiting Abrams?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-10-2016, 08:39 PM

Yes but not sure where things stand with him.

jumbo
07-11-2016, 11:57 AM

Paul mentioned a couple weeks back that there have been some non-football related issues that are causing hesitation from our staff.

OlePissSux
07-13-2016, 01:55 PM
If we get CJ Avery and any of the OL I will be more than satisfied.

I have heard from people that CJ is a very good possibility to Starkville.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-18-2016, 08:07 AM
IYOK...care to give any Big Dawg Camp predictions?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-18-2016, 09:07 AM
IYOK...care to give any Big Dawg Camp predictions?

Don't hold me to any of these but

Deion Pope
Tyree Owens
Jaquarius Landrews
Tyre Phillips
Josh Cooper
Cordavien Suggs
Nik Hogan (18)
Jarrian Williams (19)

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
07-18-2016, 11:02 PM
Are we looking at Nik Hogan as a TE or DE?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-18-2016, 11:05 PM
Are we looking at Nik Hogan as a TE or DE?

I think he grows into an OT.

HancockCountyDog
07-18-2016, 11:12 PM
Don't hold me to any of these but

Deion Pope
Tyree Owens
Jaquarius Landrews
Tyre Phillips
Josh Cooper
Cordavien Suggs
Nik Hogan (18)
Jarrian Williams (19)

We are definitely hitting the jucos hard this year. Thank goodness for the co-Lin connect.

Bothrops
07-18-2016, 11:30 PM
Tyree Owens played at WV as a Fr.

Landrews is an elite talent

Suggs is a must get

ElectroDawg
07-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Is Hevesy our primary recruiter at MGCCC? I have a relative on the coaching staff and he says that we should send anyone but him. MGCCC has sent us a lot of great players over the years and we need to keep that going.

ElitedawgRecruiting
07-19-2016, 12:46 PM
I Understand Buckley has the coast area

ElectroDawg
07-19-2016, 01:00 PM
Good to hear. He mentioned that Hevesy stopped by a couple weeks ago visit with Isaiah Buggs.

mic
07-19-2016, 01:03 PM
Tyree Owens played at WV as a Fr.

Landrews is an elite talent

Suggs is a must get

Cooper is must get on the OL as well..
Pope also is a very big pickup if he commits this weekend..

HancockCountyDog
07-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Good to hear. He mentioned that Hevesy stopped by a couple weeks ago visit with Isaiah Buggs.

People down here say that Buggs is just waiting on a firm LSU offer.

Rumor is that he wanted to commit but they asked him to wait. That is how loaded LSU is at the DL. Maybe the best DL in ms juco and they tell him to wait.

Bothrops
07-19-2016, 03:45 PM
LSU's recruiting ability on the defensive side is ridiculous. Pisses me off

HancockCountyDog
07-20-2016, 01:44 PM
Does anyone know how many of the co-Lin kids are January enrollees?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-20-2016, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know how many of the co-Lin kids are January enrollees?

All of them are supposed to be. Champion, Pope, Owens, Landrews, & Anderson.

msstate7
07-22-2016, 07:37 AM
I see Brad Stewart CBs to lsu now. Not really giving me a good feeling about him

Ifyouonlyknew
07-22-2016, 08:20 AM
I see Brad Stewart CBs to lsu now. Not really giving me a good feeling about him

He got offered by LSU yesterday. We've always known if LSU comes calling he's coming home.

Tripp McNeely
07-22-2016, 08:33 AM
So...it really pains me to even ask this...but, is Willie gonna be here tonight?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-22-2016, 10:01 AM
So...it really pains me to even ask this...but, is Willie gonna be here tonight?

Nobody will know until tonight.

msstate7
07-22-2016, 11:42 AM
He got offered by LSU yesterday. We've always known if LSU comes calling he's coming home.

I'm obviously in the minority, but Stewart slipping away stings me much worse than gay. We'll field outstanding lb's... I want to upgrade our CBs and obviously OL

Ifyouonlyknew
07-22-2016, 12:05 PM
I'm obviously in the minority, but Stewart slipping away stings me much worse than gay. We'll field outstanding lb's... I want to upgrade our CBs and obviously OL

Stewart is a safety not a corner. Everyone is recruiting him as a safety.

msstate7
07-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Stewart is a safety not a corner. Everyone is recruiting him as a safety.

Then I don't miss him at all**

I've been wrong on him and Morgan-walker as CBs. What's our CB board look like in recruiting?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Then I don't miss him at all**

I've been wrong on him and Morgan-walker as CBs. What's our CB board look like in recruiting?

We have 2 committed in Tyler Williams & Emmanuel Dabney. We'll see if we take a 3rd HS CB. Jaquarius Landrews can play CB or Safety.

mic
07-22-2016, 01:32 PM
We have 2 committed in Tyler Williams & Emmanuel Dabney. We'll see if we take a 3rd HS CB. Jaquarius Landrews can play CB or Safety.

And we have 2 possibly really good red shirt frosh.. Stamps and Smitherman
But I agree I would love to be able to sign One big time lock down corner.

Bothrops
07-22-2016, 02:57 PM
We can't pull a highly recruited cb outside of a 150 mi radius of Starkville.

jumbo
07-22-2016, 02:59 PM
We can't pull a highly recruited cb outside of a 150 mi radius of Starkville.

Will Redmond?

Bothrops
07-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Will Redmond?

Memphis

jumbo
07-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Memphis

Memphis > 150 miles from Starkville

Bothrops
07-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Memphis > 150 miles from Starkville

115 miles

Take a 150 mile perimeter around Starkville. Memphis is in it.

Really Clark?
07-22-2016, 04:54 PM
115 miles

What route is only 115 miles? More like 180 miles when I have driven it, depending on what part of Memphis

ElectroDawg
07-22-2016, 06:12 PM
Reports say CJ Avery and Willie Gay are on campus

jumbo
07-22-2016, 07:00 PM
115 miles

Wish I had of known you when I was in school. Could've saved me some commute time when I went home.

oldjoedawg
07-22-2016, 07:41 PM
What route is only 115 miles? More like 180 miles when I have driven it, depending on what part of Memphis

No such thing as a 115 mile travel route from Memphis to S'ville. I lived in NW Desoto County when I attended (class of '62) and traveled it every way possible, including Hwy 78 to Tupelo and 45 on in to 82....Hwy 51 to Winona and 82....even the graveled section on the road from Highway 8 out of Grenada to Bellfontaine where I connected with 15 into Eupora...not the best route...LOL.

Bothrops
07-22-2016, 08:06 PM
Wish I had of known you when I was in school. Could've saved me some commute time when I went home.

state66
07-22-2016, 08:12 PM
Come on people its a radius not the distance of a damn route from memphis to starkville.

Bothrops
07-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Come on people its a radius not the distance of a damn route from memphis to starkville.

Just a misunderstanding. All is good.

state66
07-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Can someone give me a rundown on whats going on with Emmit Gooden? Didnt go to big dawg and camped at ole miss. Is he qualifier this year after one year in Juco?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-23-2016, 02:02 PM
Can someone give me a rundown on whats going on with Emmit Gooden? Didnt go to big dawg and camped at ole miss. Is he qualifier this year after one year in Juco?

I was wondering this as well, plus bama has offered too.

Bass Chaser
07-23-2016, 03:02 PM
From what I have read, he didn't sign with us so we couldn't place him. He's at one of the KS JUCOs. He would have to graduate to be eligible. Not sure where he stands.

Tripp McNeely
07-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Iyok question...how would you rank CJ Avery, Alec Long, and Brad Stewart (I'm assuming those are the only HS safeties were still recruiting), how would you rank them?

mic
07-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Iyok question...how would you rank CJ Avery, Alec Long, and Brad Stewart (I'm assuming those are the only HS safeties were still recruiting), how would you rank them?

The way u have them listed....

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2016, 04:22 PM

Probably Avery, Stewart, & Long but all 3 are takes somebody just has to be 1st & somebody last. Stewart has the best coverage, Long the most physical, & Avery the most athletic. They all bring something different to the table. I think Stewart is a FS, while Long is a SS, & Avery eventually grows into a LB. I really like our chances with Avery & Long. Stewart I don't see it happening.

mic
07-23-2016, 04:34 PM
Little FYI out there for everyone..
Landon Guidry is very under rated 3. H
Once he red shirts and adds about 15 he is going to be very very good.
We will all enjoy watching him play ...

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Little FYI out there for everyone..
Landon Guidry is very under rated 3. H
Once he red shirts and adds about 15 he is going to be very very good.
We will all enjoy watching him play ...

Totally agree. Kid looked really good last night. He's going to play & play a lot in his career. Kid is a very good athlete.

Irondawg
07-23-2016, 05:34 PM
IYOK - we stood out to you last night?

Bothrops
07-23-2016, 05:52 PM
Why isn't Ravian Pierce at camp?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2016, 05:53 PM
IYOK - we stood out to you last night?

Impressed

Keytaon Thompson - Future Star. After a RS year he's going to challenge for P/T
Monterio Hunt - Maybr the biggest steal of the class. So fluid & so athletic. If he doesn't miss last year he's a 3-4 SEC offer guy
Malik Heath - STUD!!! Has the ability to be a top 10 WR nationally next year. Scary thing is he's just scratching the surface.
Austin Williams - Mr Consistent. Doesn't do anything great but does everything well.
D'Marcus Hayes - Has the look of a prototypical LT
Cordavien Suggs - Future at LT. Just going to continue to get better as his frame fills out.
Tyree Owens - Major need at DL. Could play inside or outside in the 3-4. Unbelievable 1st step for his size.
Tommy champion - Tommy has really gotten in good shape & got his body ready for big time football. Can play RT or OG.
Tyler Williams - Long, lean but athletic.
Landon Guidry - Will be a fan favorite in a few years. Athletic & smart. He's going to play & play a lot.
Alec long - Nickoe 2.0 physically ready to play right now.
Kylin Hill - Hard to believe he's 17. Love the thought of he & Keytaon in the backfield together.
Racey McMath - Kid his size 6'3" 200lbs shouldn't run that well. He & Keytaon spent a lot of time together. Need him in this class.
Montez Sweat - Best edge rusher there by far. Built like a Stretch 4 in basketball.
Tyre Phillips - Raw but in a lot better shape. He's not the 350lbs he's listed.

I'm sure I missed some guys but those are some of the guys I wrote down last night.

Bothrops
07-23-2016, 07:09 PM
Great breakfown. Preciate it.

mic
07-23-2016, 07:11 PM
Impressed

Monterio Hunt - Maybr the biggest steal of the class. So fluid & so athletic. If he doesn't miss last year he's a 3-4 SEC offer guy
Malik Heath - STUD!!! Has the ability to be a top 10 WR nationally next year. Scary thing is he's just scratching the surface.
Austin Williams - Mr Consistent. Doesn't do anything great but does everything well.
Cordavien Suggs - Future at LT. Just going to continue to get better as his frame fills out.
Tyree Owens - Major need at DL. Could play inside or outside in the 3-4. Unbelievable 1st step for his size.
Tommy champion - Tommy has really gotten in good shape & got his body ready for big time football. Can play RT or OG.
Landon Guidry - Will be a fan favorite in a few years. Athletic & smart. He's going to play & play a lot.
Kylin Hill - Hard to believe he's 17. Love the thought of he & Keytaon in the backfield together.
Racey McMath - Kid his size 6'3" 200lbs shouldn't run that well. He & Keytaon spent a lot of time together. Need him in this class.
Montez Sweat - Best edge rusher there by far. Built like a Stretch 4 in basketball.

I'm sure I missed some guys but those are some of the guys I wrote down last night.

Great breakdown...

I agree McMath will make everyone forget quickly about missing out on AJ and Farrar..
MH will be a 5 star in 2018 class
Was told that Suggs has the most upside of any OL signed during CDM era.
Williams looks like Banks
Anyone we get out of CoLin Dline left is a good pick up.
Agree with Hunt... Would have been an easy 4 star if he hadn't got hurt last year and Williams will be a very good WR also under rated.
I hope the WR from Madison Cent ends up walking on.. Forget his name. Think he has a few smaller D1's and D2 offers.
And with Thompson being an EE wouldn't count out him competing for starting job next year..

SouthMSDog
07-24-2016, 09:51 AM
Impressed

IYOK, are you PNUT04 on Genespage or did he just copy this and paste it over there and claim as his own?

DCdawg
07-24-2016, 04:38 PM
Anybody got any insight on Christian Bell? Any chance he gets to transfer within the conference?

mic
07-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Anybody got any insight on Christian Bell? Any chance he gets to transfer within the conference?
He should go juco route this year I don't see him sitting out a year again...

Ifyouonlyknew
07-24-2016, 05:12 PM
As long as Drelan Porter can get out this year I'd take him over Bell. They're essentially the same player.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-28-2016, 12:32 PM
Great breakdown...

I agree McMath will make everyone forget quickly about missing out on AJ and Farrar..

I watched video on him...I don't see it. He don't look better than Farrar and sure as hell don't look as good as Brown... Maybe I watched the wrong video. What I saw was him playing pitch and catch basically with his QB. Nobody was guarding him.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-28-2016, 01:00 PM
I watched video on him...I don't see it. He don't look better than Farrar and sure as hell don't look as good as Brown... Maybe I watched the wrong video. What I saw was him playing pitch and catch basically with his QB. Nobody was guarding him.

I do think McMath & Farrar are similar talent level. AJ is better than both but McMath is very good.

jumbo
07-28-2016, 02:19 PM

He's going to Wisconsin

djaymsu5
08-01-2016, 07:42 AM
Impressed

Thanks for the info IYOK

mic
08-01-2016, 07:46 AM
DJohnson is really big get for us.. And he is a EE.. If we can pull the Owens and Sweat from CoLin... Will be the best DL class that I can remember ...

djaymsu5
08-01-2016, 07:56 AM
DJohnson is really big get for us.. And he is a EE.. If we can pull the Owens and Sweat from CoLin... Will be the best DL class that I can remember ...

Idk who Sweat is I'll have to look him up but Owens is a freaking beast. He's the the guy I want us to get the most out of anyone.

mic
08-01-2016, 08:00 AM
Idk who Sweat is I'll have to look him up but Owens is a freaking beast. He's the the guy I want us to get the most out of anyone.

Sweat Transfered in from Mich St. Played there as a frosh.. From Georiga we were recruiting him back then . Prob better than Owens..

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-01-2016, 08:01 AM
Sweat Transfered in from Mich st.. Played there as a frosh... Prob better than Owens..

If he could put on some weight, he could turn into a beast. Who else is in the running for him?

mic
08-01-2016, 08:02 AM
If he could put on some weight, he could turn into a beast. Who else is in the running for him?

No idea. But you have to like our chances with him at CoLin..

Ifyouonlyknew
08-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Sweat Transfered in from Mich St. Played there as a frosh.. From Georiga we were recruiting him back then . Prob better than Owens..

I don't know if I'd say he is better than Owens because they're 2 totally diff players & play different positions. Owens is 6'4" 285-290lbs who can play DE & perhaps NG in the 3-4. Sweat is 6'6" 235-240lbs who would be a Viper in the 3-4. Both would be huge gets though.

maroonmania
08-01-2016, 09:28 AM
I do think McMath & Farrar are similar talent level. AJ is better than both but McMath is very good.

Likely true. I mean even though he is going to the Plantation and appears to be a total douche, AJ Brown is the best looking WR prospect to come out of MS I've seen since Deandre Brown from years ago.

djaymsu5
08-01-2016, 12:04 PM

Oh wow. I'll have to look him up

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-01-2016, 12:07 PM
I don't know if I'd say he is better than Owens because they're 2 totally diff players & play different positions. Owens is 6'4" 285-290lbs who can play DE & perhaps NG in the 3-4. Sweat is 6'6" 235-240lbs who would be a Viper in the 3-4. Both would be huge gets though.

Looks like Sweat went to the same HS as Preston Smith. That's gotta help being able to show we've already taken one 6'6 DE from Stone Mountain & made him a top 40 pick. Any idea who we're up against?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Looks like Sweat went to the same HS as Preston Smith. That's gotta help being able to show we've already taken one 6'6 DE from Stone Mountain & made him a top 40 pick. Any idea who we're up against?

No idea he doesn't talk to the media.

jumbo
08-01-2016, 12:28 PM

He's got family in Mississippi as well

mic
08-01-2016, 01:42 PM

Yeah , just saying if I had to choose between the 2 I would take Sweat.. No disrespect to Owens in any way..

ElectroDawg
08-08-2016, 03:19 PM
Does Stewart still have a committable offer from us? I see LSU has gained a commitment from a 5 star safety.

jumbo
08-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Does Stewart still have a committable offer from us? I see LSU has gained a commitment from a 5 star safety.

Absolutely, but he released his top 5 a few weeks ago and we weren't in it.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Absolutely, but he released his top 5 a few weeks ago and we weren't in it.

Looks Florida bound.

Bothrops
08-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Recruiting fail there.

Dawgfan77
08-08-2016, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=Bothrops;591006 fail there.[/QUOTE]

Nope we got Andrews from co Lin. Only downside is he has three to play two.

Bothrops
08-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Nope we got Andrews from co Lin. Only downside is he has three to play two.

Well I agree about Andrews. I like him better, hopefully he can stay healthy.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-10-2016, 02:09 PM

Bump for IYOK...what's going on here? Are we still in line to resign him?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-10-2016, 02:34 PM

He says he's still committed but he's a 2018 kid hard to give him a lot of attention. I want to see what he looks like on the field this year. He's gained some pounds & doesn't look like the good kind.

jumbo
08-10-2016, 02:52 PM

TD Moton 2.0

spiritual_machine2005
08-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Drelan Porter...whats the story on him? Paul Jones reported a few days ago that he was not enrolling at EMCC but was at Northeast. Now David Johnson is reporting on OM247 that he is enrolling at Coahoma. How do we feel about him? Is he on schedule to make it out of juco in one year or two?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 11:09 AM
Drelan Porter...whats the story on him? Paul Jones reported a few days ago that he was not enrolling at EMCC but was at Northeast. Now David Johnson is reporting on OM247 that he is enrolling at Coahoma. How do we feel about him? Is he on schedule to make it out of juco in one year or two?

Bump

Westdawg
08-18-2016, 11:38 AM
can someone confirm if he is at Coahoma CC ? i will be glad to go watch him once or twice if he is.

Barking 13
08-18-2016, 02:12 PM
No such thing as a 115 mile travel route from Memphis to S'ville. I lived in NW Desoto County when I attended (class of '62) and traveled it every way possible, including Hwy 78 to Tupelo and 45 on in to 82....Hwy 51 to Winona and 82....even the graveled section on the road from Highway 8 out of Grenada to Bellfontaine where I connected with 15 into Eupora...not the best route...LOL.

Cadaretta road or something like that...

msstate7
08-18-2016, 02:18 PM

If our recruiting guys aren't in the loop and OM's are you gotta think porter may be having 2nd thoughts.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 02:23 PM
If our recruiting guys aren't in the loop and OM's are you gotta think porter may be having 2nd thoughts.

Well go figure...results of Townsend leaving?

msstate7
08-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Well go figure...results of Townsend leaving?

I'm speculating. I don't have any info, so don't take what I said as fact