PDA

View Full Version : My theory on this recruiting season.

Jack Lambert
02-03-2016, 11:04 PM
This is what Ole Miss does every year.

1. Get a high profile recruit to commit no matter the cost. Two or three if possible. They do this by giving jobs to family members, (Patterson) finding places for entire family to live, (Tunsil) and give some Jack for them to spend. Alot of Jack. It is all hidden because they have lawyers in their complience department that are paid to find every loop hole in NCAA rules and when they get busted they stall.

2. Use these high profile recruits to create false excitement around the program to draw other high profile recruits. They also use their allies in the Media to create the illusion.

3. On visits they give back packs to the recruits. We all know what is in it. They probably throw some ***** thier way as well.

4. Every year create the illusion that Mullen is leaving so they can tell recruits look he's not going to be there after next season to scare them away. Did Mullen look at the Miami job I am not for sure. I havn't seen pictures, no flights, he was around. Could he? it is possible and I am not ruling it out. He probably could have nipped that one in the bud. But either way it was made to look bigger then it was with help from the media, who is all in for Ole Miss.

5. Every year we do things ourselves to hurt recruiting by losing coaches. Don't think losing four coaches didn't hurt our recruiting class this year. It did. It's be hurting us every year and you know Ole Miss is using that fact every time they go into a house.

6. I think they flat out lie to recruits and their parents.

smootness
02-03-2016, 11:12 PM
Sounds like they're good at recruiting.

AlmostPositive
02-03-2016, 11:15 PM

You misspelled cheating.

Jack Lambert
02-03-2016, 11:15 PM

One other thing they do is give Freeze an contract extention as soon as the season is over so we can't create the illusion he is leaving. That is a sign of security to recruit. Our AD always wait until March or so which is stupid. Go ahead and extend the contract even if you are not given a raise.

Irondawg
02-03-2016, 11:22 PM
And while I can't personally wait for the day his true colors are shown, Freeze is an excellent pitch man - light years better than mullen and most of the SEC.

And if we had just taken care of business this year on the field we could be using a sugar bowl victory pitch that I'm not sure plays well. Finally a little blame on Saban for losing to those guys twice in a row

Jack Lambert
02-03-2016, 11:27 PM
And while I can't personally wait for the day his true colors are shown, Freeze is an excellent pitch man - light years better than mullen and most of the SEC.

And if we had just taken care of business this year on the field we could be using a sugar bowl victory pitch that I'm not sure plays well. Finally a little blame on Saban for losing to those guys twice in a row

I am pretty sure Saban will not let his guys make the same mistakes this season. I am curious to see how Ole Miss Starts out playing FSU, GA and Bama in the first four games.

Their next three will be Memphis, LSU and I think Arkansas.

AlmostPositive
02-04-2016, 12:01 AM
I am pretty sure Saban will not let his guys make the same mistakes this season. I am curious to see how Ole Miss Starts out playing FSU, GA and Bama in the first four games.

I would bet big on a 1-3 record for the BearCheats... I fear for their souls.

TUSK
02-04-2016, 12:54 AM

hell, if we keep turning the ball over 87 dozen times a game, they'll beat us again...

in the past, 10 TOs wouldn't have been enough for those cats to beat us... but their much improved talent (in a few spots, at least) puts them in a position to actually have a chance to win if a lot of things go their way... (TOs, fluke plays, etc)

they can't keep hittin' the lotto, though... although, the last two years, it's really been a meaningless (and potentially helpful) loss....

Bucky Dog
02-04-2016, 01:09 AM
I'm still with you positive! I will never ever get into the game of selling our souls to cheat so much just to be relevant. The thing with OM is the have no boundaries and will sell their daughter to land a prized recruit. Their is no limit to the money and the recruits know they just use the other programs to jack up the price.
I hope and pray so badly the NCAA destroys them because if they don't, there will be no end to the blatant cheating. It's gotten to the point now that these recruits, their families and now the coaches are demanding so much for their signature it's ridiculous. It sickens me and I hope we don't EVER play the game to that level.

BulldogBear
02-04-2016, 09:50 AM

1. Get a high profile recruit to commit no matter the cost. Two or three if possible. They do this by giving jobs to family members, (Patterson) finding places for entire family to live, (Tunsil) and give some Jack for them to spend. Alot of Jack. It is all hidden because they have lawyers in their complience department that are paid to find every loop hole in NCAA rules and when they get busted they stall.

2. Use these high profile recruits to create false excitement around the program to draw other high profile recruits. They also use their allies in the Media to create the illusion.

3. On visits they give back packs to the recruits. We all know what is in it. They probably throw some ***** thier way as well.

4. Every year create the illusion that Mullen is leaving so they can tell recruits look he's not going to be there after next season to scare them away. Did Mullen look at the Miami job I am not for sure. I havn't seen pictures, no flights, he was around. Could he? it is possible and I am not ruling it out. He probably could have nipped that one in the bud. But either way it was made to look bigger then it was with help from the media, who is all in for Ole Miss.

5. Every year we do things ourselves to hurt recruiting by losing coaches. Don't think losing four coaches didn't hurt our recruiting class this year. It did. It's be hurting us every year and you know Ole Miss is using that fact every time they go into a house.

Exactly. And IMO this same strategy is why the NCAA crap doesn't seem to be having much effect.

A) The kids' don't care. They're doing it for the money.

B) Ole Miss knows their fixin' to get hammered so they pushed extra hard this year to make sure your #2 above applies. They probably spent more for this class than the last 3 combined to MAKE SURE they still came. They're hoping they can stay somewhat relevant thru the lean times with good enough players to make some noise and pull some upsets even if there is a bowl ban. They went all in plus on this class to try to weather the coming storm. Why not blow the money? It's about to dry up and a bunch of violations this year probably won't make it that much worse to not be worth buying these players.

C) Yes, #6 above. For the lower paid side of their recruiting classes, they sell Jesus (Absolutely Shameful using our Lord like that) and that Ole Miss is just being persecuted.

Hunkaburningdawg
02-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Couldn't agree with you more!
I'm still with you positive! I will never ever get into the game of selling our souls to cheat so much just to be relevant. The thing with OM is the have no boundaries and will sell their daughter to land a prized recruit. Their is no limit to the money and the recruits know they just use the other programs to jack up the price.
I hope and pray so badly the NCAA destroys them because if they don't, there will be no end to the blatant cheating. It's gotten to the point now that these recruits, their families and now the coaches are demanding so much for their signature it's ridiculous. It sickens me and I hope we don't EVER play the game to that level.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2016, 10:00 AM
If you think them going on probation will stop the flow of money from them you are deluded. It's going to take SMU style penalties to stop them. They are intoxicated with the recruiting stars and a measly DUI won't stop it.

BulldogBear
02-04-2016, 11:16 AM
If you think them going on probation will stop the flow of money from them you are deluded. It's going to take SMU style penalties to stop them. They are intoxicated with the recruiting stars and a measly DUI won't stop it.
Probably right^

The point I'm making is that they obviously cheated with a new level of impunity this year because they have nothing to lose right now and they know it, for better or for worse.

AlmostPositive
02-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Think about this: Dickie Scruggs is routinely gladhanded in and around the Grove. Archie considers him a good friend. The implications of that are pretty obvious: wealth over integrity, cheat big or cheat small, just cheat.

The man went to prison for serious corruption. Does anyone think there is a chance he is not helping buy players to this day?

UM is as corrupt as it gets. Only the death penalty is likely to slow them down.

blacklistedbully
02-04-2016, 01:26 PM

I suspect you're not considering what happens if they are caught willfully cheating again while on probation. If they do get hammered and put on probation, they will be subject to repeat-offender punishment by the NCAA if caught during the probation period. If that happens, I imagine we'd see the harshest punishment since SMU, enough to set them back more than a decade.

thf24
02-04-2016, 01:44 PM

I'm not one to get into the speculation, but I don't most of their former high-profile players seem less than enthusiastic to associate themselves with their alma mater for nothing.

Jack Lambert
02-04-2016, 04:33 PM

Proof?

["Most likely, but MSU could have avoided this last minute uncertainty by pushing for a commitment from Jones earlier and have him and another player serve as pillars to this class in order to help lock up other commits earlier than national signing day."]

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2016/02/03/cronin-simmons-saves-signing-day-mississippi-state/79775816/

BulldogBear
02-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Proof?

["Most likely, but MSU could have avoided this last minute uncertainty by pushing for a commitment from Jones earlier and have him and another player serve as pillars to this class in order to help lock up other commits earlier than national signing day."]

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2016/02/03/cronin-simmons-saves-signing-day-mississippi-state/79775816/

Glad that douchebaggette is leaving. That wasn't journalism. That was win the story. Notice we only got 2 4 stars, which is deliberately misleading as something 5-6 of our "3 stars" are rated as fours by most services.