PDA

View Full Version : Hev

msstate7
02-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Was looking at some of our commitments and noticed Hev was lead recruiter on Kobe, Morgan-walker, and eiland. Those are 3 of our better commits... Eiland got late lsu and Florida offers. So then I looked at his previous commits...

Chris jones
Rankin
Aeris
Justin cox
Jake Thomas
Champion
Daryl Williams
Desper
Myles
J. Johnson
Flowers
Siddoway
Clayborn
Story
Cole carter
Jenkins
Fitz
Senior
Calhoun
Day
Cochran

Obviously a lot of these didn't pan out, but some are/were good players. Does Hev get a worse reputation in recruiting than deserved?

QuadrupleOption
02-04-2016, 07:57 AM
No no, remember the new narrative.

Our coaches are lazy and Hev sucks and no one likes him and Ole Miss gets all the pretty players to go to the prom with them.

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 08:09 AM
No no, remember the new narrative.

Our coaches are lazy and Hev sucks and no one likes him and Ole Miss gets all the pretty players to go to the prom with them.

And we are being out worked which seems to mean that teams were committing multiple clear and flagrant impermissible contact that should also be turned in to the NCAA. Oh and if y'all suggest we are being out worked because we didn't do the same. One word. Brackey. Y'all know this wouldn't fly with compliance for us.

Look it's no secret I haven't been a fire this coach or that. Hev is a good OL and with certain kids he does well with recruiting. But has had issues on the trail and this year, more so than any other, it hurt us. Everybody kept banging the if we lost Simmons get the pitch forks on Hev's rear. When I kept saying that is a Turner recruit. Not Hev. Of course when we get him, everybody thanks Turner. Which he most definitely deserved. But we had to replace primary's this year and after 7 years we need a change at OL coach. He hurt us out there some this year. Sallach is a good position coach and recruited well this year and last year as well. But as TE coach he needs to be a recruiter. I don't know if it happens. Hear rumors and such but nothing worth mentioning yet.

EAVdog
02-04-2016, 08:23 AM
It's obvious we don't play 'the game' and it seems that recruits that want that kind of attention don't get it from our staff. It sucks losing kids but we're just not doing that. (At least to the degree everyone else is)

Ralph
02-04-2016, 08:48 AM
I may be wrong but I thought coaches recruited geographic territories, not by position.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-04-2016, 08:56 AM
They do. Normally the primary is the area recruiter and the secondary is the position coach. I wish we would take the approach that you Match a kid with a coach based off of personality and the kids history

Really Clark?
02-04-2016, 08:57 AM
I may be wrong but I thought coaches recruited geographic territories, not by position.

Normally yes but the position coach will be involved as well. We had to adjust some of that this year though. Plus with staff leaving as well but I think it was a bit more than that with certain recruits.