PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Orr from Tiderinsider

Bodawg
02-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Reported A J Browrns father was in Tuscaloosa looking for handouts, but bummer turned him down. Guess the Bearsharks had what he was looking for.

msstate7
02-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Hasn't Rosebowl turned in aj to the ncaa or something like that?

ScoobaDawg
02-03-2016, 07:42 PM
No surprise. the problem comes... will whatever coach call the NCAA and turn that tip in? Because if not... it means nothing.

Op4isabitch
02-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Got a quote or a tweet or is it just hear say?

TUSK
02-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Reported A J Browrns father was in Tuscaloosa looking for handouts, but bummer turned him down. Guess the Bearsharks had what he was looking for.

I've read/heard similar things but nothing I'd call "rock solid" ("hearsay" as OPB said)... if so, he picked the wrong team for a handout for a WR... we're set, there...

Coach34
02-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Rosebowl from what I understand has not turned in anybody to the NCAA

msstate7
02-03-2016, 08:37 PM

I misread it or something then

HailState39110
02-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Reported A J Browns father was in Tuscaloosa looking for handouts, but bummer turned him down. Guess the Bearsharks had what he was looking for.

I have heard similar reports about AJs dad. I laughed today when I heard an interview from OM RB coach Derrick Nix on H2H on how they really won over AJs dad in the recruiting process

yjnkdawg
02-03-2016, 08:44 PM

If I remember right, I think he said on BSR Boneyard that he would not turn any information, or anybody in, but he would have a good bit of talk about this during the upcoming weeks.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2016, 08:45 PM
I have heard similar reports about AJs dad. I laughed today when I heard an interview from OM RB coach Derrick Nix on H2H on how they really won over AJs dad in the recruiting process

We know how the question is how much lol

C222
02-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Refer to my post in the AJ quote thread. This one is really easy to figure out. There were reports of Mullen and AJ's dad getting into it. I wonder why.

Bass Chaser
02-03-2016, 08:50 PM
Rumored to be 400

TUSK
02-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Rumored to be 400

400 Grand???? Bahahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahhahahahhahahha....

God, I hoped they paid him 400K....

I knew the OM/Bammer exchange rate was skewed, but that's crazy.....

HSVDawg
02-03-2016, 08:53 PM
If so, he picked the wrong team for a handout for a WR... we're set, there...

So is Ole Miss. Didn't seem to stop them.

TUSK
02-03-2016, 08:55 PM
So is Ole Miss. Didn't seem to stop them.

agreed, but we don't need as many as they do...

MarketingBully
02-03-2016, 08:56 PM
Yeah, AJ was definitely paid off big time.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 08:56 PM
Refer to my post in the AJ quote thread. This one is really easy to figure out. There were reports of Mullen and AJ's dad getting into it. I wonder why.

Not true. And every time I see someone say this I will say not true. Every time.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Rumored to be 400

Surely you jest.

MSUDeltadawg1971
02-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Rumored to be 400

I heard it was closer to 200,000. This person has told me nothing but truth so far and I believe him.

HaggardDawg
02-03-2016, 09:04 PM
I was told they spent $3MM on this class.. off budget of course. The person who told me this is very well connected in Oxford and was serious as a heart attack.

TUSK
02-03-2016, 09:07 PM
I was told they spent $3MM on this class.. off budget of course. The person who told me this is very well connected in Oxford and was serious as a heart attack.

If true, it explains why the business program sucks so bad, there... at least it used to...

chef dixon
02-03-2016, 09:09 PM
I have no doubt OM went to great lengths to make this particular recruit choose them just because of how bad it would sting for MSU.

Let's be real, they don't need AJ. They are already loaded at WR.

Goldendawg
02-03-2016, 09:12 PM
How much did Alabama pay Albert Means all those years ago? Seems like the price of players has really gone up since then according to facts/rumors. If the NCAA can't prove this type of behavior or track the change in lifestyle, colleges should just stop the charade and officially become a minor league for the NFL. Of course, we all know if there was a set salary scale, some would still cheat.

msstate7
02-03-2016, 09:15 PM
How much did Alabama pay Albert Means all those years ago? Seems like the price of players has really gone up since then according to facts/rumors. If the NCAA can't prove this type of behavior or track the change in lifestyle, colleges should just stop the charade and officially become a minor league for the NFL. Of course, we all know if there was a set salary scale, some would still cheat.

Probably the only way to really slow it down is stiffen punishments. Get caught paying a player and get absolutely hammered along with the player no longer eligible to play ncaa sports.

TUSK
02-03-2016, 09:17 PM

Logan Young et al gave his HS coach about $200K and a couple of SUVS... but that was a huge anomaly esp back then....

200k is still a very, very large number even today....

Mbdawg
02-03-2016, 09:18 PM
400 Grand???? Bahahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahhahahahhahahha....

God, I hoped they paid him 400K....

I knew the OM/Bammer exchange rate was skewed, but that's crazy.....

No kidding. If Julio finds out, he is going to expect some restitutions.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-03-2016, 09:19 PM
I'm sure Wyatt ate that shit up. I couldn't listen for more than 5 minutes with his slobbering and cross' arrogance.

Schultzy
02-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Many, many, many more final day decisions from now on if you're a four or five star. Why the heck would anyone commit with this kind of betting on the come going around.

And I don't blame any of them one damn bit. But whoever you sign with just be positive about your choice and don't downgrade the others that put their time and efforts in to recruiting you. Some recruits get some bad information on how to handle things.

I'm glad the MSU recruits aren't coached to do that kind of thing after the fax is in, it's a very bad look.

Political Hack
02-03-2016, 09:28 PM
If true, it explains why the business program sucks so bad, there... at least it used to...

Yeah. They're not getting a very good return on their investment. Auburn got a natty for $200k.

Op4isabitch
02-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Ole Miss being accused of offering the #1 recruit in the country incentives.

Former USA today writer and current Maizenbrew reporter Alejandro Zuniga:

Hackett said he thinks Rashan Gary was offered "incentives" during his recruitment & is pleased he chose the right path?a Michigan education.

TUSK
02-03-2016, 09:32 PM
No kidding. If Julio finds out, he is going to expect some restitutions.

I think it's called "reparations"...

Schultzy
02-03-2016, 09:37 PM
I think it's called "reparations"...

May you be banished to the political board for all eternity

solodawg
02-03-2016, 09:38 PM
I've read/heard similar things but nothing I'd call "rock solid" ("hearsay" as OPB said)... if so, he picked the wrong team for a handout for a WR... we're set, there...
Hey Tusk, do some research for us. I'd love to know if there is anything to this.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 09:41 PM

Hackett said he thinks Rashan Gary was offered "incentives" during his recruitment & is pleased he chose the right path?a Michigan education.

Who is Hackett?

C222
02-03-2016, 09:41 PM

They aren't just getting called out by our fans anymore. There's too much smoke out there for them not to get hammered.

archdog
02-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Probably the only way to really slow it down is stiffen punishments. Get caught paying a player and get absolutely hammered along with the player no longer eligible to play ncaa sports.

The NFL would have to make a concession to the issue, and they will not do it.

Op4isabitch
02-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Who is Hackett?

I think he's the Michigan AD.

Really Clark?
02-03-2016, 10:21 PM

Logan Young et al gave his HS coach about $200K and a couple of SUVS... but that was a huge anomaly esp back then....

200k is still a very, very large number even today....

Lol. Sorry but it doesn't really work that way. If a booster paid then yeah, you paid. Was the coach and Logan "fall up the stairs to his death" Young, sleezy and rouge. Yeah I believe there is some truth to that but Bama paid for Means and then paid for getting caught as well.

ILOATHEBears
02-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Lol. Sorry but it doesn't really work that way. If a booster paid then yeah, you paid. Was the coach and Logan "fall up the stairs to his death" Young, sleezy and rouge. Yeah I believe there is some truth to that but Bama paid for Means and then paid for getting caught as well.

This is from a bear that gives money to get the croots. AJ was called their "kill shot" for Mullen. They wanted to get him just from a perception stand point to finish off Mullen. They went all in. We were in it until daddy said u are unit for xyz.... Then things got crazy and $$ won out. Proud I'm not him and have to show up to school tomorrow, walk around town or explain to my girl friend....

Tbonewannabe
02-03-2016, 11:23 PM
Rumored to be 400

I actually heard that exact amount from a friend around Memphis. Thought that was a crazy amount but UM is publicizing that they got a recruit from Starkville pretty hard. They might think it's worth the extra money to stick it to us.

TUSK
02-03-2016, 11:23 PM

all of that is true... however, it is not true that Means was "paid"... semantics, I know.... His HS coach screwed him...

Really Clark?
02-03-2016, 11:31 PM
all of that is true... however, it is not true that Means was "paid"... semantics, I know.... His HS coach screwed him...

Yes that's very true. When I said he was paid for that was the intent even though he or his family wasn't the ones that profited. That coach though...Scum of the earth.

Schultzy
02-03-2016, 11:31 PM
In January 2001, former Trezevant assistant coach Milton Kirk asserted that head coach Lynn Lang had let colleges know that for $200,000 Lang would arrange for Means to play for Alabama. Kirk said that in the fall of 1999, he'd helped Lang broker a deal with several Alabama boosters in the Memphis area. During the fall, he'd gotten $30,000 from the boosters. The other $170,000 was paid when Means signed with the Crimson Tide in December.

Other claims specific to the recruitment of Means included Kirk's assertion that Lang demanded and received $6,000 in cash from a University of Kentucky booster in the presence of Kentucky assistant coach Claude Bassett for arranging Means' visit to that school, and that Lang in similar fashion received $4,000 for each visit he arranged to the University of Georgia and the University of Alabama. These allegations and other evidence provided by Tennessee Volunteers coach Phil Fulmer led the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to investigate the recruitment of high school football players in Memphis.

This was 17 years ago.

Percho
02-03-2016, 11:36 PM
I actually heard that exact amount from a friend around Memphis. Thought that was a crazy amount but UM is publicizing that they got a recruit from Starkville pretty hard. They might think it's worth the extra money to stick it to us.

They have made a poster. Look for it to be on a billboard.

Jack Lambert
02-03-2016, 11:36 PM

Side question. I don't listen to H2H due to Dick but did Matt have a mouth full of Ole Miss cock today going on and on and on about their class?

Jack Lambert
02-03-2016, 11:38 PM

The Bama booster who paid the coach was a Vandy Grad and he committed suicide and few years later.

Really Clark?
02-03-2016, 11:40 PM
The Bama booster who paid the coach was a Vandy Grad and he committed suicide and few years later.

It was ruled accidental. But he fell up the stairs. Lot of mystery around Young and his death.

ETA. The whole investigation was questionable. He fell going up the stairs carrying a salad and supposedly hit his head. The thing there was blood every where. Police said he roamed down stairs in a couple of rooms after laying on the stairs a good while, then went to the second floor by passing multiple phones.

TUSK
02-03-2016, 11:49 PM
right, Logan Young, Vandy grad...

"accidental death".... who knows what happened...

Really Clark?
02-03-2016, 11:52 PM
right, Logan Young, Vandy grad...

"accidental death".... who knows what happened...

The ones who didn't want him talking to cut a deal on his appeal. If I'm a betting man

the59dawg
02-03-2016, 11:55 PM
We know how the question is how much lol

Yep, half up front and other half spread monthly over his time at om

TUSK
02-03-2016, 11:56 PM
The ones who didn't want him talking to cut a deal on his appeal. If I'm a betting man

REC doin' work....

HSVDawg
02-04-2016, 12:31 AM
The NFL would have to make a concession to the issue, and they will not do it.

How would the NFL have any say in the way the NCAA handles rules violations pertaining to improper benefits?

Bucky Dog
02-04-2016, 01:47 AM
Brown got 200. Bama stopped at 100. OM offered 150 but they initially said they still wanted to go to Bama and OM came back with 200. It's ridiculous. He will fail. Some have said it before, this is like Treadwell, but at least Treadwell acted cool and performed and was not a prima Donna.

TUSK
02-04-2016, 01:54 AM
I'd been cool with $100K.... no way I'd go $200K...

and the 2:1 ratio seems about right...

cheewgumm
02-04-2016, 02:04 AM
Can Newton was robbed.

$200k for him was a bargain. What were we thinking?!?!??