PDA

View Full Version : Why are you pissed today?

Mbdawg
02-03-2016, 06:57 PM
According to 247, we have averaged finishing last in the SECW Team Rankings since 2010. In this order, AL, LSU, AU, TAM, OM, and ARK have finished ahead of us on average. We've known Dan hasn't been able to close strong or even hold onto commits since day 1. I'm pissed we missed on the locals but looking back, he has never done anything to deserve my recent elevation of expectations when it comes to recruiting.

IMissJack
02-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Paging Enforcer...

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2016, 07:00 PM
delete.

Mbdawg
02-03-2016, 07:10 PM
delete.

Far from it Shotgun. The point is Mullen has never been able to seal the deal, so why did we all think that was going to change this year? I'm on board with making changes based not only on this recruiting class but past ones as well.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Far from it Shotgun. The point is Mullen has never been able to seal the deal, so why did we all think that was going to change this year? I'm on board with making changes based not only on this recruiting class but past ones as well.

- Last year we actually finished with a top 20 recruiting class. That's all anyone is asking for here. No one is upset because we didn't have a top 10 class. Everyone is pissed because Croom & his 3-9 records could have landed a this class.

- We were under the impression that facility upgrades, bowls, sell-outs, etc would lead to better recruiting. We didn't realize that all these things would be marketed & sold like crap by our coaching staff & administration.

- We lost out on an MSU legacy & a kid from Starkville. Again, Croom's 3-9 teams could have potentially landed those guys.

- We believe there is a direct correlation between Mullen looking for another job & his performance on the recruiting trail. This program needs stability & someone who passionately wants to sell MSU.

There is a major major difference in finishing last in the SECW in recruiting while landing a top 20 recruiting class & doing what we did today.

If we land 4 or 5 top 20 classes in a row, MSU can win and win big. Today we took a step back in that regard. It's not a killer but it basically makes next year a MUST top 15 class.

IMissJack
02-03-2016, 07:18 PM

I'll play along...When has he ever been enabled to recruit as he is today? He has better facilities by far than when he started at MSU, sellout after sellout at DWS, more money in the Athletic Dept. than ever (thanks SECN), 5 (4-5* players within 50 miles of his office), 19 wins in 2 years, five weeks ranked #1 last year, more National exposure than we have ever had, and with all of that....average...

thf24
02-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Again, the rankings are relative, arbitrary and don't mean jack shit. The problem is that we whiffed in a bad way on two elite guys in our backyard, one of which being our greatest position of need.

Mbdawg
02-03-2016, 07:53 PM
- Last year we actually finished with a top 20 recruiting class. That's all anyone is asking for here. No one is upset because we didn't have a top 10 class. Everyone is pissed because Croom & his 3-9 records could have landed a this class.

- We were under the impression that facility upgrades, bowls, sell-outs, etc would lead to better recruiting. We didn't realize that all these things would be marketed & sold like crap by our coaching staff & administration.

- We lost out on an MSU legacy & a kid from Starkville. Again, Croom's 3-9 teams could have potentially landed those guys.

- We believe there is a direct correlation between Mullen looking for another job & his performance on the recruiting trail. This program needs stability & someone who passionately wants to sell MSU.

There is a major major difference in finishing last in the SECW in recruiting while landing a top 20 recruiting class & doing what we did today.

If we land 4 or 5 top 20 classes in a row, MSU can win and win big. Today we took a step back in that regard. It's not a killer but it basically makes next year a MUST top 15 class.

Our average star ranking is very close, just smaller numbers this year relative to last.

Everyone in the West is doing the same though. I agree our staff can't capitalize because they don't know how to sell themselves or the program.

Losing Lash stings but if Bama calls, it hard for most to decline. Croom did seem to know how to do this better which is embarrassing.

Nothing new to see here, seems like we have been fighting this for some years now.

Going to take more than top 20 I'm afraid. This is why I'm conceding the fact that as long as Mullen holds the reigns, we won't win big.

Mbdawg
02-03-2016, 08:02 PM
I'll play along...When has he ever been enabled to recruit as he is today? He has better facilities by far than when he started at MSU, sellout after sellout at DWS, more money in the Athletic Dept. than ever (thanks SECN), 5 (4-5* players within 50 miles of his office), 19 wins in 2 years, five weeks ranked #1 last year, more National exposure than we have ever had, and with all of that....average...

The stars aligned this year but in year's past, we have had golden opportunities as well. Mullen's track record has been so consistently average, I don't anticipate our classes ever cracking the top the 3 deep in the West.

J Paul Ronvonski III
02-03-2016, 08:04 PM
$4,000,000 Plus reasons.

We are paying top money for a coach and having little success in recruiting.
I want to compete for a SEC and NC Championship.

Mbdawg
02-03-2016, 08:20 PM
$4,000,000 Plus reasons.

We are paying top money for a coach and having little success in recruiting.
I want to compete for a SEC and NC Championship.

Me too. Dan has gotten what, three or four raises since he has been here? That apparently doesn't change his behavior. It's not like when Jackie started running out of steam and we all knew his performance was declining. Dan hasn't ever recruited for crap.