PDA

View Full Version : Is this AJ Brown photo legit?

tupelopix
02-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Popped on my Facebook timeline. I just wondered if anyone has seen it and if it is legit. 1720

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Paidwell 2.0

TrapGame
02-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Somebody needs to photo shop "I'm committed to ole miss." on it.

tupelopix
If that's legit, someone showed him the love obviously.

Joe Schmedlap
AJ = arsehole jerkoff

FISHDAWG
02-03-2016, 04:15 PM
send it to the Yahoo sports guy

DawgFromOxford
02-03-2016, 04:19 PM
it's legit. It's a screenshot of a video he posted. It is still there if you want to check for yourself

Commercecomet24
02-03-2016, 04:21 PM
We all know why AJ felt "wanted" by ole miss.

Leroy Jenkins
02-03-2016, 04:21 PM
If you don't assume he just does this as a daily ritual you are racist.** People are allowed to have money.

TUSK
02-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Damn, Bammer better step up their game...

msudawg1200
02-03-2016, 04:27 PM
At least he's got on a good jersey. Barry Larkin. Go Reds!

Dallas_Dawg
02-03-2016, 04:28 PM
He's not gonna be able to spend that money is his hometown

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Popped on my Facebook timeline. I just wondered if anyone has seen it and if it is legit. 1720

Serious question....

I was blessed to be born not wanting much, not rich by any means but never wanted anything.

That said, I never was around that much cash as a teenager. Hell, I was lucky to be able to scrounge up enough for Copenhagen and the Friday night poker sleepover at my buddy's.

Where does it come from? Legit or not?

LC Dawg
02-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Damn, Bammer better step up their game...

That is the Bammer money.

blacklistedbully
02-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Wow. Wonder how long before UNM makes him remove it?

TUSK
02-03-2016, 04:45 PM

ahhhhh, more of us "spreading the wealth around"... got it....

Op4isabitch
02-03-2016, 04:47 PM

Haha, won't matter now. I see it all over Twitter already.

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Bama doesnt give cash. They give charitable donations to the school in other forms.

Beaver
02-03-2016, 04:51 PM
That video is from November 23rd, which was the Monday before Thanksgiving.

tupelopix
02-03-2016, 04:53 PM
That video is from November 23rd, which was the Monday before Thanksgiving.

Folks over at 247 say it's Lil Boosie. It's funny either way.

02-03-2016, 04:54 PM
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/668436011945447425/pu/vid/512x640/_aH19j4iDytxOWdt.mp4

https://twitter.com/Brown1arthur/status/668791571219787776

jumbo
02-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Apparently it's Lil Boosie, whoever that is

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 05:02 PM

You gotta admit Tusk, that was funny.

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 05:04 PM
I love these posts and videos right after signing. Who still gives random cash to recruits? What is this? The 80s? Shit is orchestrated now.

TUSK
02-03-2016, 05:06 PM
You gotta admit Tusk, that was funny.

oh, I LOL'd....

RougeDawg
02-03-2016, 05:08 PM
For their own sakes, these OM commits better save up some of their signing bonus because they are going to need tickets to watch any bowls while they are in college.

It_Could_Happen
02-03-2016, 05:21 PM
Well he just tweeted about how he's the bad guy now and Mullen never came to see him. Get your diva ass to Oxford and go on with life. Honesty, I don't want a player who thinks a coach has to see him every day. I would rather have a Kobe Jones that stays under the radar and goes about it the right way. I know brown is talented, but I don't want that attention in my locker room.

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Well he just tweeted about how he's the bad guy now and Mullen never came to see him. Get your diva ass to Oxford and go on with life. Honesty, I don't want a player who thinks a coach has to see him every day. I would rather have a Kobe Jones that stays under the radar and goes about it the right way. I know brown is talented, but I don't want that attention in my locker room.

I don't think Brown understands what he did. He thought it would be fun to join OM and get out of his parents' roof. He didn't realize the backlash he'd get in the community. Kids still go home for the summer, and they still like to hang out with friends at home. He just made a hyped move and the reality is setting in. I wonder how is girlfriend feels about his decision.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Shit, his family are all in now....https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachHughFreeze/status/694917336155975680/photo/1

parabrave
02-03-2016, 05:35 PM
AJ = arsehole jerkoff

What a f^%$in^ headcase. It's a good thing he didn't go to State or Bama. He wouldn't have lasted one week. I'd rather have a Fred Ross than this idiot.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2016, 05:39 PM
I don't think Brown understands what he did. He thought it would be fun to join OM and get out of his parents' roof. He didn't realize the backlash he'd get in the community. Kids still go home for the summer, and they still like to hang out with friends at home. He just made a hyped move and the reality is setting in. I wonder how is girlfriend feels about his decision.

Agree, he made a pretty terrible decision for the future of his life today.

Nothing like being hated in your hometown. I also smell another Jimmy Johns/ Glanton moment coming when we play them.

I don't get the feeling that Kobe or Simmons actually got along with AJ and we now know why

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 05:42 PM
What is AJ talking about? Never came to see him? Mullen went to Starkville HS games and invited AJ to every practice he could. AJ is full of shit because he didn't realize what the **** he did.

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Agree, he made a pretty terrible decision for the future of his life today.

Nothing like being hated in your hometown. I also smell another Jimmy Johns/ Glanton moment coming when we play them.

I don't get the feeling that Kobe or Simmons actually got along with AJ and we now know why

Simmons and Kobe wanted to room together since the beginning of the season. Brown didn't make too many friends.... neither did Knott. They did their own thing. Raekwon is the strange one here. He ran with Simmons and Kobe.... I think he thought Simmons was going to Bama. Don't matter.... we'll have Raekwon in 2018. At least we got a 6'5" receiver that likes to hit people in this class.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2016, 05:48 PM
What is AJ talking about? Never came to see him? Mullen went to Starkville HS games and invited AJ to every practice he could. AJ is full of shit because he didn't realize what the **** he did.

AJ is just making crap up to take the heat off him. He's got a real problem now.

Can he go to the grocery store?

Wal Mart?

Out to eat?

What's going to happen when an MSU frat boy sees him around town?

The kid just made an extremely immature, almost spiteful decision that could make his life in Starkville not so good for him or his family. My guess is that the family moves to Oxford within a couple of years.

Problem for AJ is that this wasn't a 3 year or 4 year decision. This was a LIFE time decision. We'll see how it works out for him. It makes much more sense now why Simmons & Kobe don't get along with AJ very well.

On another note, I do think AJ brings up a point that can make recruiting local guys tougher. I think local guys expect more attention from the coaching staff because they are local & don't understand how busy a coach is. My guess is that Freeze & Mullen showed similar attention to AJ, but AJ expected so much more from MSU that it wasn't realistic, particularly for immature kids that don't understand the process.

AJ's immaturity has gotten his family in a real pickle here.

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 05:54 PM
AJ is just making crap up to take the heat off him. He's got a real problem now.

Wal Mart?

Out to eat?

The kid just made an extremely immature, almost spiteful decision that could make his life in Starkville not so good for him or his family. My guess is that the family moves to Oxford within a couple of years.

Problem for AJ is that this wasn't a 3 year or 4 year decision. This was a LIFE time decision. We'll see how it works out for him. It makes much more sense now why Simmons & Kobe don't get along with AJ very well.

On another note, I do think AJ brings up a point that can make recruiting local guys tougher. I think local guys expect more attention from the coaching staff because they are local & don't understand how busy a coach is. My guess is that Freeze & Mullen showed similar attention to AJ, but AJ expected so much more from MSU that it wasn't realistic, particularly for immature kids that don't understand the process.

His dad and stepmom aren't leaving Starkville. Mullen had one in-home visit with AJ. That's all he was allowed. I'm not sure what AJ was talking about. Anyways, he could have been the man at State. He could have been a local hero. He'll have an awkward long distance relationship to say the least.

Alphadog
02-03-2016, 05:57 PM
His dad and stepmom aren't leaving Starkville. Mullen had one in-home visit with AJ. That's all he was allowed. I'm not sure what AJ was talking about. Anyways, he could have been the man at State. He could have been a local hero. He'll have an awkward long distance relationship to say the least.

Was it AJ that had a little Twitter spat with Malik also?

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Was it AJ that had a little Twitter spat with Malik also?

AJ has always supported Malik.... doubt he would have a spat with him.

Really Clark?
02-03-2016, 06:08 PM

Yeah he said basically people are making him out to be the bad while he could count on one hand the number of times Mullen came to see him. Well I should hope so, any more than one (and that's during senior year only) is not allowed by the NCAA. Guess what genius no other HC came to see you more than Mullen. Yet he opened up the facilities to you. Liar

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Yeah he said basically people are making him out to be the bad while he could count on one hand the number of times Mullen came to see him. Well I should hope so, any more than one (and that's during senior year only) is not allowed by the NCAA. Guess what genius no other HC came to see you more than Mullen. Yet he opened up the facilities to you. Liar

It's just his way of deflecting the situation. It was a move he made based on hype. He won't admit it, but he regrets it. He's just gotta find new friends and realize seeing mom, dad, and the girlfriend will be a little more stressful.

Pollodawg
02-03-2016, 06:19 PM
In all honesty, we got the biggest fish in MS. Who gives a shit where Brown went. Pardon my language, but what we can we say other than that. Brown is nothing next to Simmons and Jones.

msudawg1200
02-03-2016, 06:21 PM
I think the one thing many fans don't look at in recruiting is attitude and head cases. Now, I'm not saying this kid is or isn't, but coaches see and hear things fans don't. Sometimes, dealing with that is not worth it.

Pollodawg
02-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Fact with AJ Brown seems like the kid just didn't want to come here, and he's deflecting heat away from himself with his friends and family by trying to blame it on the coaching staff here. Sounds like the kid just needs to be a man and come out and admit that he didn't want to come here all on his own.

Like defiant said, he'll regret it eventually if he doesn't know.

Pollodawg
02-03-2016, 06:25 PM
And I would trade 1,000 dime a dozen WRs for a Simmons.

Johnson85
02-03-2016, 06:42 PM

Wal Mart?

Out to eat?

I would hope he can 17ing go wherever he wants in Starkville other than the football facilities. AJ should have just manned up with his decision rather than deflecting blame toward the staff, but I'd hope there aren't a lot of people unhinged enough to actual give him or his family grief over where he goes to school.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2016, 06:48 PM
I would hope he can 17ing go wherever he wants in Starkville other than the football facilities. AJ should have just manned up with his decision rather than deflecting blame toward the staff, but I'd hope there aren't a lot of people unhinged enough to actual give him or his family grief over where he goes to school.

If AJ would just tweet, "I didn't want to go to college in the town I grew up in." then I think everyone would absolutely understand & not give him any trouble. It's the primadonna crap that's so funny

AJ is gonna be caught between a rock & a hard place when he get's tired of hearing OM fans call Starkville a "shithole"

It will be hilarious when OM gets put on probation soon

Pollodawg
02-03-2016, 06:49 PM

So, you think for selling out the people who've been everything for and too him should carry no social consequences. Nobody said go set the kid's car on fire. But he should be ready for some flak. Not only did he basically give a hearty 17 you to all of his family and friends as well as his community, he's not even man enough to admit that he was never coming here, and the decision was all his own. He can live with some dirty looks.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2016, 06:51 PM
So, you think for selling out the people who've been everything for and too him should carry no social consequences. Nobody said go set the kid's car on fire. But he should be ready for some flak. Not only did he basically give a hearty 17 you to all of his family and friends as well as his community, he's not even man enough to admit that he was never coming here, and the decision was all his own. He can live with some dirty looks.

Agree.

Gotta makes sure we get Gay out of Starkville next year. Gay & Kobe seem to be friends.

BossDawg
02-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Where does it come from? Legit or not?

I think we all know where the cash came from, even the UM folk. That is the "love" AJ got from Freeze and his gang of crooks.

Pollodawg
02-03-2016, 06:59 PM
To summarize the AJ Brown deal, imagine this: Say you live in a town that has a certain industry or company that serves as its lifeblood. Now, imagine that you could serve as a vital cog to that industry or company or what-have-you. Remember, you've lived here all of your life. Your fondest memories and associations are with this place. You have friends, roots, and family here. These people, and this company and industry have nurtured you and protected you all of your life.

Now, imagine that you went to work for a company in another town, abandoned all of your former associations and the places you've spent your entire life, and then blamed it on everyone but yourself. People always talk about giving back to the community they live in, doing something for everyone, in short. Mississippi State is the lifeblood of Starkville, and likely the passion for most of the people Brown has known all of his life. Without State, Starkville would be less than nothing. Brown could have done his best to do everything he could for his hometown, and his community in general by helping MSU get better.

He didn't do that. And that's why he basically disassociated himself with everything he once knew.

BossDawg
02-03-2016, 07:10 PM

Remember that podcast yesterday that had Nutt saying Freeze and UM were deflecting all this NCAA stuff on him? That's basically what AJ is doing: deflecting. He's trying to make it look like Mullen didn't pay any attention to him, trying to justify his decision, but the truth his UM just flat out bought him.

Jack Lambert
02-03-2016, 07:41 PM

Why?

ScoobaDawg
02-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Remember that podcast yesterday that had Nutt saying Freeze and UM were deflecting all this NCAA stuff on him? That's basically what AJ is doing: deflecting. He's trying to make it look like Mullen didn't pay any attention to him, trying to justify his decision, but the truth his UM just flat out bought him.

Ding ding ding... They are masters of the PR... and Freeze sent him the script already on his talking points.

bulldogcountry1
02-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Fact with AJ Brown seems like the kid just didn't want to come here, and he's deflecting heat away from himself with his friends and family by trying to blame it on the coaching staff here. Sounds like the kid just needs to be a man and come out and admit that he didn't want to come here all on his own.

Like defiant said, he'll regret it eventually if he doesn't know.

That's the problem with the "me" generation. They don't take the time to consider the consequences of their actions beforehand. Someone is always there to clean up the mess. This was his first grownup decision, and he handled it the worst possible way. I can believe he at least wasn't given better advice, but it wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing was Hugh's idea. Now, he's got to deal with it. The sooner he comes clean and apologizes, the better.

Political Hack
02-03-2016, 10:06 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if they move to the Oxford before AJ does.

JohnnyQuid
02-04-2016, 05:14 AM
AJ has always supported Malik.... doubt he would have a spat with him.

that's not really true. there were several non flattering tweets by aj regarding him early in the year I referenced one in this post and another confirmed it.
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?38224-AJ-Brown&highlight=brown+malik+newman

I did a search and found a screenshot of a different tweet. always found it odd.

Johnson85
02-04-2016, 09:44 AM

He didn't sell out anybody. People are allowed to leave their home town, even when their home town was a good place to grow up and the people there were good to them. Shit, do you realize how many people in Mississippi you would be pissed at by that metric. Small towns in Mississippi aren't small because people don't have babies, they're small because people have babies who grow up and move to different places. AJ wanted to go to a college not in his home town. That's pretty understandable. He took a payday, which I can understand people not liking, but why would you be more pissed at him over that than the other 95% of big time college recruits that took a payday. The only thing you can fault him for is that he made a shitty comment on social media to justify his choice when he should have just stood behind his choice without talking negative about anybody else. People that spend time upset that an 18 year old acted immature and didn't act like a man are going to spend a lot of their time upset.

Johnson85
02-04-2016, 09:49 AM
To summarize the AJ Brown deal, imagine this: Say you live in a town that has a certain industry or company that serves as its lifeblood. Now, imagine that you could serve as a vital cog to that industry or company or what-have-you. Remember, you've lived here all of your life. Your fondest memories and associations are with this place. You have friends, roots, and family here. These people, and this company and industry have nurtured you and protected you all of your life.

Now, imagine that you went to work for a company in another town, abandoned all of your former associations and the places you've spent your entire life, and then blamed it on everyone but yourself. People always talk about giving back to the community they live in, doing something for everyone, in short. Mississippi State is the lifeblood of Starkville, and likely the passion for most of the people Brown has known all of his life. Without State, Starkville would be less than nothing. Brown could have done his best to do everything he could for his hometown, and his community in general by helping MSU get better.

He didn't do that. And that's why he basically disassociated himself with everything he once knew.

So everyone that leaves Cleveland, Starkville, or Oxford rather than going to work for the university because they don't want to live in a small town is worthy of condemnation? What other cities are you not allowed to leave? People that leave Vicksburg rather than work for the Corp of engineers? Southhaven rather than working for Fedex? People that leave pascagoula rather than working for Chevron? People that leave Greenwood rather than work for Viking? People that leave Westpoint rather than working for Mossy Oak? People that leave BIloxi rather than working for the casinos or seafood industry?

This is honestly a new school of thought that I haven't encountered before. Neither I nor most of my friends work in the city or town we grew up in and I had no clue that there were people out there that would be pissed about that.

Dawg496
02-04-2016, 09:57 AM
There is no ****ing way I would have stayed in the same town I grew up in, and having made that decision, at 17-18 I might've said the same kind of stuff that AJ is saying now. I don't really fault him, he's still a kid. He did what he wanted to do.

But now that he's a Landbear, hope he has to watch us in bowl games at home in starkville when he's out of school and UNM is on probation.

MSUDawg99
02-04-2016, 10:37 AM

Wal Mart?

Out to eat?

The kid just made an extremely immature, COMPLETELY spiteful decision that could make his life in Starkville not so good for him or his family. My guess is that the family moves to Oxford within THE MONTH.

FIFY

confucius say
02-04-2016, 11:32 AM

Wal Mart?

Out to eat?

He made his choice. Let it go. He shouldn't be condemned bc he didn't want to go to msu. He will just never be the hometown hero Kobe will be. But to each their own. We've known for a year he wanted out of Starkville.

Now the tweets? Yea that was dumb. Not sure why he feels like he has to justify his decision.