PDA

View Full Version : Well lets give it a grade!

shannondawg
02-03-2016, 03:00 PM
On filling our needs how did we do on a scale from 1 to 10. forget the fact that OM is rated in the top 5.

I don't follow recruiting and the names mean little or nothing to me. I just want the score on filling our needs.

chainedup_Dawg
02-03-2016, 03:09 PM
I'm on the fence between a 4 and 5. Lost out on 2 OL that we really needed and we needed a couple more big outside wr that we lost.

On the other hand, our defensive class was pretty damn good.

mparkerfd20
02-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Nm... I changed my mind. Just gonna shutup.

1bigdawg
02-03-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm on the fence between a 4 and 5. Lost out on 2 OL that we really needed and we needed a couple more big outside wr that we lost.

On the other hand, our defensive class was pretty damn good.

Defense gets an A-. Only losing Derrick Brown, with two MSU parents, to Auburn makes it a "-". If he had gone to UGA then it would have been a solid A.

Offense gets an F. We needed 5 to 6 OLs and got 3, including the loss of a Golden Triangle legacy. We signed 3 Athletes, only one of which is an obvious WR. Of course there are no RBs and QBs by decision. The only bright spot is TE, where we apparently signed our two top targets, despite both being from out of State. Maybe Sallach is not so bad....

We have 5 Offensive assistants and 3 defensive assistants at the moment. Something else to consider.

SDDawg
02-03-2016, 03:39 PM
I'd say it's a 6. Simmons pulled it up from a 3 or 4. To get to 8 we needed AJ or Lashley, and to get beyond that a couple of from the grouping of Knott/R. Davis/D. Brown had to be in the boat. Losing Farrar and Cushenberry really hurt us, to me with all the drama aside the class would be a 7 with those two in the boat.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2016, 03:43 PM
On filling our needs how did we do on a scale from 1 to 10. forget the fact that OM is rated in the top 5.

I don't follow recruiting and the names mean little or nothing to me. I just want the score on filling our needs.

No QB, No RB, so that's going to hurt your rankings. We really wanted an X receiver and didn't get our guy despite offers to several. So really no WR unless you count Couch who was going to be a TE now may have to start at WR.

But to me this class came down to 5 guys: Simmons, Brown, Jones, Lashley, and Knott. We got 2 of the 5 so that's a C at best. Then when you throw in the other guys we missed on like Farrar, Cushenberry, Turnier, Moon, the Juco O-linemen, I would give us a D+, C- at best. Simmons and Jones saved the class and I think we have some nice sleepers like Dantzler. Just better have a Top 22 class next year and we will be ok. To do that, Mullen is going to have to make some changes.

RIdog
02-03-2016, 03:44 PM

Political Hack
02-03-2016, 03:46 PM
We didn't sign our full allotment, missed on two legacy kids (1 from WP), got snaked in our home town, lately whiffed on our OL needs, decided not to bring in a QB this year, and missed on a difference maker at corner.

C- and that's only because we held on to Kobe and Simmons. The staff tried to orchestrate everything to win today and that didn't happen. Lesson learned. Take what you got, be thankful the cupboard is not completely bare, and get to work. It's time to start thinking about NSD 2017.

PendingTransaction
02-03-2016, 03:49 PM
A+! Dan is a great developer. Hail Hev!!!

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 03:58 PM
We didn't sign our full allotment, missed on two legacy kids (1 from WP), got snaked in our home town, lately whiffed on our OL needs, decided not to bring in a QB this year, and missed on a difference maker at corner.

C- and that's only because we held on to Kobe and Simmons. The staff tried to orchestrate everything to win today and that didn't happen. Lesson learned. Take what you got, be thankful the cupboard is not completely bare, and get to work. It's time to start thinking about NSD 2017.

We may end up with 25 recruits with 5 EE's next year. It's going to be a big class.... it has to be.

AlmostPositive
02-03-2016, 04:00 PM
So we're rating the relative average rating of recruits who are coming, maybe. I will abstain.

But I will say as, an increasing old and cranky bastard, I'd rather lose every ****** game that be known to cheat as Ole Miss has lately.

HancockCountyDog
02-03-2016, 04:04 PM
D+

It was an F before Simmons signed. Anyone that says differently is either a bear troll or just thinks we are poor ol MSU.

We had at least 6 more spots that we didn't take (Knott, Davis, Cush, Lashley, AJ, Derrick Brown) All six of those kids had spots. Now, is it possible we would have dropped a kid to make room? Maybe, but that isn't CDM's style.

Now, I will compliment the staff for getting in the game late with SImmons. Very smart. We need to be this smart in the future.

We talked for weeks that OL was a biggest need and we signed Zero juco kids, and three kids that are a minimum 2-3 years from helping.

I still can't believe we only signed 3 HS OL, and no juco OL. So going by position:

QB - F (didn't sign anyone)
HB - F (didn't sign anyone)
WR - D+ (Couch could be good, Hankerson is fast, but this should have been AJ and Farrar)
TE - B (I like Roberson a lot)
OL - D (Three developmental OL, no jucos, missed on Lashley and Cush, lack of power 5 offers from three signees)
DL - A (Big time here, only miss was Derrick Brown and Davis, but this was fantastic.
LB - B (Errol is a hitter, but I think he is only true LB signee)
DB - C+ (Kids with potential, but Im not sure we have a game changer here. Also, Im not sure who ends up where, except Walker is a CB and I think Dantzler is a Safety)

Overall C-/D+ depending on you grade.

This class was an F before Simmons signed, and though he is awseome, he doesn't single-handedly change this class.

smootness
02-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Only losing Derrick Brown, with two MSU parents, to Auburn makes it a "-". If he had gone to UGA then it would have been a solid A..

Well this makes no sense.

mic
02-03-2016, 04:32 PM
It's no better than a C ..
And before anyone gets all panties in a wad this isn't a knock on who we got , I actually like the kids in the class, it's who we didn't get and where they were from that sucks

And us only signing 3 OL... That's absurd.. We know have to get around 7 next year..

And no beating around the bush about it.. Simmons saved this class as a whole..

Dawgface
02-03-2016, 04:34 PM
C

mic
02-03-2016, 04:34 PM

NSD 2017.???? Come on man... It's vaca time for CCB.... Haha

SoJackDog
02-03-2016, 04:38 PM
6.5, could be 8 if we fill our spots and holes.

Shooter McGavin
02-03-2016, 04:43 PM

Most of my thoughts have already been said. DLinemen saved this class. Missing the 2 OL stings especially if the story is true that the staff simply didn't work hard enough to get Lashley. I like the ones we signed though esp Reese. I do think Morgan-Walker will wind up being the difference maker at corner that HancockCounty was alluding to. Hopefully Sirmon, Buckley and whoever the new coach is will pay some dividends next year bc signing a top 15-20 class is imperative.

MzTerry
02-03-2016, 04:45 PM
D+

It was an F before Simmons signed. Anyone that says differently is either a bear troll or just thinks we are poor ol MSU.

We had at least 6 more spots that we didn't take (Knott, Davis, Cush, Lashley, AJ, Derrick Brown) All six of those kids had spots. Now, is it possible we would have dropped a kid to make room? Maybe, but that isn't CDM's style.

Now, I will compliment the staff for getting in the game late with SImmons. Very smart. We need to be this smart in the future.

We talked for weeks that OL was a biggest need and we signed Zero juco kids, and three kids that are a minimum 2-3 years from helping.

I still can't believe we only signed 3 HS OL, and no juco OL. So going by position:

QB - F (didn't sign anyone)
HB - F (didn't sign anyone)
WR - D+ (Couch could be good, Hankerson is fast, but this should have been AJ and Farrar)
TE - B (I like Roberson a lot)
OL - D (Three developmental OL, no jucos, missed on Lashley and Cush, lack of power 5 offers from three signees)
DL - A (Big time here, only miss was Derrick Brown and Davis, but this was fantastic.
LB - B (Errol is a hitter, but I think he is only true LB signee)
DB - C+ (Kids with potential, but Im not sure we have a game changer here. Also, Im not sure who ends up where, except Walker is a CB and I think Dantzler is a Safety)

Overall C-/D+ depending on you grade.

This class was an F before Simmons signed, and though he is awseome, he doesn't single-handedly change this class.

I will just disagree w/ you on 2 things - Couch was a take regardless of whether or not we signed AJ and Farrar. I repeat, we 100% would've taken Couch even with those two committed. Also, Eiland had committable/signable offers from LSU and FL and Reese had numerous committable/signable offers just not one from FSU. Agree on Parker not having P5 offers although I think he could've generated some if he wouldn't have committed early & I think he may be the best of the three.

basedog
02-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Wake me up in 2 or 3 years and I will tell you how we did with this class. I remember the Barrin Simpson class, small in numbers and very low ranked, all they did was win and win big.

Too many so call internet experts for me to know, only time will tell, glad I chilled all day and I just now starting reading "a few post".

archdog
02-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Well this makes no sense.

Well we do not play Georgia. So if he were to go to GA, it wouldn't negatively impact us. As it stands right now we will have to line up our outstanding OL against him once a year. That is why I would think that effects the A A- grade.

confucius say
02-03-2016, 05:03 PM
According to 247 rankings, we finished 30th. Not good I know. But we only took 18 kids, tied for least amount of all top 60 schools. Our average player ranking was 88.11, which is good for 21st in the country and higher than last year. Positive spin.

PendingTransaction
02-03-2016, 05:03 PM
The "official" grade is 11th in the SEC and last in the West!

Jack Lambert
02-03-2016, 05:05 PM
I'd say it's a 6. Simmons pulled it up from a 3 or 4. To get to 8 we needed AJ or Lashley, and to get beyond that a couple of from the grouping of Knott/R. Davis/D. Brown had to be in the boat. Losing Farrar and Cushenberry really hurt us, to me with all the drama aside the class would be a 7 with those two in the boat.

I think if we had signned a full class it would have been an 8 and a top 30 class.

Dawgtini
02-03-2016, 07:30 PM
According to 247 rankings, we finished 30th. Not good I know. But we only took 18 kids, tied for least amount of all top 60 schools. Our average player ranking was 88.11, which is good for 21st in the country and higher than last year. Positive spin.
Nice to see the positive side. I think overall I would give it a B- We could've used another o-line and another big reciever. (Cush/Lashley and Farrar/AJ) to fully meet our needs.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 07:50 PM
C- thanks Turner

Bucky Dog
02-03-2016, 07:57 PM

This is what I have been thinking. Yeah we missed on some guys but ranking for the most part are based on total points so when you have someone sign 25 as opposed to 18 we are going to be lower. But the quality of kids we got are good.

MabenMaroon
02-03-2016, 08:35 PM
A solid B, the last minute loss of Farrar and Cushenberry hurt, but overall pleased with the young men and their potential. Wouldn't be surprised to see a late commitment over the next 14 days that will be a pleasant surprise.

smootness
02-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Well we do not play Georgia. So if he were to go to GA, it wouldn't negatively impact us. As it stands right now we will have to line up our outstanding OL against him once a year. That is why I would think that effects the A A- grade.

Then why not count every player who signed with an SEC West team against us? Because Derrick Brown was never a possibility, and it's not because our staff did anything wrong. Where his parents went to school didn't matter to him.

Counting him as a miss is ridiculous.