PDA

View Full Version : Quick Thoughts: Now that it's Over

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2016, 01:12 PM
- The Jeff Simmons' commitment may be one of the biggest stress relievers in history of MSU football. I must say that after this disaster, to end it on a good note, is like seeing an Oasis in the middle of the Sahara. Your still in a mess because your in the middle of the desert, but at least you may live to fight another day. Along with Simmons, Kobe, & Spencer, this actually a very good DL class, &, if your going to choose a position unit to start a team with, that may be it. OL is important, but you can scheme around deficiencies. You can't on the DL. Good job Turner!

- At the end of the day, this class' failure really comes down to two players. Brown & Lashley. I would argue that with what we got today, if you add Lashley or Brown, it's not a good class, but you feel like you came out OK. IMO, Brown just didn't want to stay in Starkville & that was not something we could overcome sadly. Lashley, however, is a major major screw up by this staff & should get Hevesy fired. I want his ass out of here. No excuses, he sucks at his job & is a negative influence in our recruiting and staff. He should have been fired 5 minutes ago.

Going Forward

- I'm giving Turner credit for Simmons & Kobe. Not Mullen. Mullen is obviously not going to get fired anytime soon, so we may as well stop talking about it. However, I'm not sure what he answer is in recruiting. This is Mullen's 8th year here. How can anyone expect him to make adjustments now? IMO, his job search effected his work ethic & aggressiveness on the recruiting trail. Stricklin has got to show some balls here, call Mullen in the office, & discuss what went wrong. Stricklin should offer Mullen no raise or extension this year & basically read the riot act to him & let him know that he's not happy about the direction of the program. At this point, every MSU fan should have Mullen on the hot seat & not scared to lose him if he takes another job next year. What he pulled this year is absolute bull-shit & he deserves every bit of criticism & hot seat talk that he gets. Mullen has lost much of the fan base through his shenanigans & shit where he ate. You simply cannot be this stupid & coach in this league. The fact that Mullen has not fired his agent for spreading his name around everywhere, should tell everyone everything they need to know about what Mullen's intentions were. MSU deserves better. We deserve a head coach that is passionately committed to the success of this program & university. I refuse to believe otherwise. Hopefully, Mullen has been humbled.

- Where do we go from here? One recruiting class does not sink a program, or, at least it shouldn't. We've redshirted well & have tons of talent on the team currently. However, next year we will have a huge class and sign close to 30 player in a year where Mississippi is loaded & Ole Miss may be on major probation. As of today, the score is 0-0 going into next year's recruiting class. Some of the big wigs need to put pressure on Mullen & Stricklin, withhold some funding, & demand that our alumni, coaches, & administration get on the same page & prepared to land the best class in the history of Mississippi in 2017. We must do this &, if we do, the program won't be effected much by this clunker.

The 2017 class starts now & we need to get off to a great start. We must be the most aggressive staff in the history of the SEC this year. No stones left unturned. We need creativity, & passionate aggressiveness with the 2017 class.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Mullen gets all the blame for him and Hevesy so normally he would get the credit with Simmons. However only credit he gets is Turner being on him.

confucius say
02-03-2016, 01:16 PM
If gotten lashley, would be solid class.

gtowndawg
02-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Completely agree. Simmons is huge, thank you Coach Turner. But in the grand sceme of things, we screwed up with several players. We have to do much better.

- Fire Hevesy. No excuses. He has to go.
- Mullen, do what it takes to show you want to be here and you want to beat Ole Miss.
- We need a top 15 class next year at least. No excuses.
- No contract extension for Mullen. It would be stupid. He screwed up over the last few months in a big way and he doesn't deserve it.

Happy to have the Dawgs that signed today. Simmons and Kobe our my heroes. They stood strong for us.

Bucky Dog
02-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Lashley is the only real miss. We didn't need Brown and that's fine. But shit, the coach cannot do everything himself. As a CEO or manager you aren't the best at everything, I.e. Recruiting, but you hire people that are better than you. So, yes he does get credit for Simmons as he should, but also takes the blame. You guys need to understand that a little better.

I'm fine with this class to be honest with you, again the only disappointment is Lashley, but we will be ok.

Bubb Rubb
02-03-2016, 01:20 PM
If gotten lashley, would be solid class.

Agreed. Lashley is the one that stings. I don't really care about AJ - we are and will be fine at that position.

D. Brown announces later today and there's some people who think we have a chance. I'm not one of them, though.

msstate7
02-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Agreed. Lashley is the one that stings. I don't really care about AJ - we are and will be fine at that position.

D. Brown announces later today and there's some people who think we have a chance. I'm not one of them, though.

If we somehow, someway pulled Derrick brown, this class would be much, much better. Not hopeful though

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2016, 01:29 PM
I had a source on only one recruit, AJ Brown. We never lost him because we never had him. I was told over a year ago that he would not go to MSU. My source said it was always between UM and Bama. He expected it to be Bama. That part he missed.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm holding out a small glimmer of hope for d brown. Would certainly make for a good finish.