PDA

View Full Version : This Staff and the future

Coach007
02-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Obviously, Mullen addressed the recruiting issues with these hires, and we are holding out for one more guy that will be able to recruit.

We are not in a huge mess right now. We will be if we don't handle something this next recruiting class.

2 years from now, if I'm correct, we are going to be in need of a few great players. Those have to be signed next year. Some will need to be JUCO.

gtowndawg
02-03-2016, 01:03 PM
The Hevesy problem needs to be addressed. I just can't say it enough. Look what David Turner does FOR our d-line recruiting. Look what Hevesy does TO our o-line recruiting.

msudawg1200
02-03-2016, 01:07 PM
What's the deal with Hevesy? Is he just an arrogant prick? Is it true that players just don't like him or want to play for him? If true, why? Has anybody legitimately heard this?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-03-2016, 01:09 PM
FWIW...A manager for one of the bars in Starkville says he's just an asshole and everyone cringes when he comes in. He said he could see why we struggle to relate to the kids with him leading the way.

Bully13
02-03-2016, 01:16 PM
I believe shotgun posts his gene's page pic. It's telling. The caption should be "wanna be my friend "?

yjnkdawg
02-03-2016, 01:23 PM
FWIW...A manager for one of the bars in Starkville says he's just an asshole and everyone cringes when he comes in. He said he could see why we struggle to relate to the kids with him leading the way.

I have heard he is arrogant and cusses about every third word, but that may not be true. But if true, then that would be a good reason he can't make a good impression on a recruit or their family.

Coach007
02-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Well, to be honest, the OL recruiting is not great... but we have been doing poorly in several areas.

Like I said... I'm interested to see how this staff does.

Coursesuper
02-03-2016, 01:41 PM
The loss of Lashley is due to the fact that he didn't want to play for Hevesy. Simple as that.

Coach007
02-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Don't know... will look into it.

Noah11
02-03-2016, 02:34 PM
In my opinion Hevesy is the worst coach and recruiter in the state of Mississippi and has to go!

HoopsDawg
02-03-2016, 02:44 PM
In my opinion Hevesy is the worst coach and recruiter in the state of Mississippi and has to go!

Fire Hevesy and replace him with an excellent O-line coach-pay him whatever he wants. And we need to find an excellent recruiter with MS ties to replace Townsend. Re-hire Sleepy or someone like him as our TE coach and move Sallach back to the office. Those 3 moves would help us tremendously on the recruiting trail.

gtowndawg
02-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Fire Hevesy and replace him with an excellent O-line coach-pay him whatever he wants. And we need to find an excellent recruiter with MS ties to replace Townsend. Re-hire Sleepy or someone like him as our TE coach and move Sallach back to the office. Those 3 moves would help us tremendously on the recruiting trail.

A+ Would read again! Seriously, anyone with a pulse knows this is a way to get better. Why do we not make these changes? It baffles me.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2016, 02:57 PM

I agree on most points but don't you believe Buckley gong to get it done in state?

1bigdawg
02-03-2016, 03:21 PM
I agree on most points but don't you believe Buckley gong to get it done in state?

Buckley is going to be great as is our entire DEFENSIVE staff. We apparently only have one effective recruiter on the offensive staff and he lost a guy in Starkville to UNM...

HoopsDawg
02-03-2016, 03:30 PM

Yes, I like Buckley. But we need 3 more guys like him. David Turner is the only one who got it done this year.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Yes, I like Buckley. But we need 3 more guys like him. David Turner is the only one who got it done this year.

Agree on that. I think sirmon is gonna do a good job too. Appreciate your insights. fwiw I know one of Simmons aunts, she works at an account I see in Macon and she loves her some Dan Mullen. Has pics up in her office with him and speaks highly of him.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Buckley is going to be great as is our entire DEFENSIVE staff. We apparently only have one effective recruiter on the offensive staff and he lost a guy in Starkville to UNM...

Yeah offensive side definitely in need of some upgrade.

bulldogcountry1
02-03-2016, 03:56 PM
I saw Hev in line at Disney World a couple years ago. He looked as mad and unhappy as always. I tried to visualize him with Mickey ears to go with that frown.

maroonmania
02-03-2016, 04:15 PM

Why wasn't Gonzalez on AJ Brown the whole time or was he?

KentuckyDawg13
02-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Hevesy is our best one.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeCoachRankings

The Hevesy problem needs to be addressed. I just can't say it enough. Look what David Turner does FOR our d-line recruiting. Look what Hevesy does TO our o-line recruiting.