PDA

View Full Version : Myself, I Seen It, Mic...all have been telling you that Mullen

Coach34
02-03-2016, 10:51 AM
and crew are lazy recruiters. Dont whine now after ya'll kept throwing the "agenda" word at us. You're ******* right we had an agenda- to get better at recruiting. We dont make shit up- we tell it like it is. I'm sorry that many of you couldnt handle the truth months ago. Welcome to what we have known for awhile.

We teed a ****ing 4-star OG up for our staff- and they did barely anything to recruit the guy. Teed him up.

Make sure and read my post after Simmons announces today

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 10:56 AM
What? Seriously? Holy shit. You mean we were right again? These country club ****s need to be replaced.

RIdog
02-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Sounds like we shouldn't get our hopes up on Simmons either .:(

Bubb Rubb
02-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Like I said in the recruiting thread, nobody should be surprised at this. It was a slow motion train wreck that started the moment word of Mullen flirting with other schools got out and he didn't squash it. Even if you're a great recruiter, you can't recruit in that environment, because everyone is using it against you. When you don't recruit well to begin with, you are screwed.

It's not going to get any better, either.

Bubb Rubb
02-03-2016, 11:00 AM
Sounds like we shouldn't get our hopes up on Simmons either .:(

I have actually heard good things about Simmons. Unfortunately, the longer he waits, the more he watches everyone else go elsewhere. That could impact his decision.

mic
02-03-2016, 11:04 AM
The Country Club Boys...
#acceptaverage

Dan Mullen... Doesn't want to be here . No fire. No passion.. But can't get a job anywhere else..
Scott Stricklin. LT 2.0 ( how bad do the other SEC AD's laugh at this guy) .
John Hevesy .. Might be the worse and laziest recruiter in college football.. But hey ur in bed with the man . it's all good
John Clark.. Mullen's bitch..
Scott Sallach.. Could he get a job at any other power 5 school.. **** no
Bracky Brett.. No explanation needed.

Wtf does everyone think Sirmon and TBuck are thinking right now in our signing day war room..
Actually feel bad for Gonzo... Can't believe that guy is still here.. He deserves a raise for that..

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Please let John Simpson sign with Florida....

AlSwearengen
02-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Next year might give us a reason to fire Mullen's ass. He was looking at Dak as his ticket to bigger things, but reality has punched his ass right in the mouth. He ain't as great as he thinks he is and nobody is hot after him.

If you are a college coach and you don't like to recruit, you better stay your ass at the DII level. And while I'm giving out advice, don't talk shit to olemiss and motivate them anymore than they already are.

I understand that MSU isn't an easy job because of who surrounds us, but when you lose everybody in the GTR, you need to get the **** out.

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Hevesy has lost 2 recruits already. Gonna be 3 at 11am.

state66
02-03-2016, 11:17 AM
I hope someone calls his ass out at every event today. He should have to answer to this instead of giving his bull shit run around about how great this class is.

mic
02-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Please let John Simpson sign with Florida....

No shit..
Speaking of that Kid ..
John said Monday that his phone hasn't stopped ringing all day.. Said it was crazy.. Was hearing from schools (Texas, Michigan Ect..) that he hadn't heard from in months.. Just reaching out to make sure ..
You know how hasn't called or had ANY contact with him since the summer.. Yep.. The Country Club Boys...
Cause he wasn't worth recruiting , lock to Clemson...

Beaver
02-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Oy. Steve Smith from MSU Compliance making excuses for losing Brown... "FB coaches get 42 eval days in fall. 1 contact/week for up to 6 wks after Thanksgiving. Can't go everyday. #justsoyouknow #NCAArulesed"

mic
02-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Next year might give us a reason to fire Mullen's ass. He was looking at Dak as his ticket to bigger things, but reality has punched his ass right in the mouth. He ain't as great as he thinks he is and nobody is hot after him.

If you are a college coach and you don't like to recruit, you better stay your ass at the DII level. And while I'm giving out advice, don't talk shit to olemiss and motivate them anymore than they already are.

I understand that MSU isn't an easy job because of who surrounds us, but when you lose everybody in the GTR, you need to get the **** out.

He should have been shown the door when he courted Maimi AGAIN..
Who is going to fire him?. Scotty??. As ESPN NFL would say.. C' mom man

mic
02-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Thanks Steve.... That clears everything up...

Sacrifice
02-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Everybody chill, it's all good. We'll still win 7 or 8 games a year, go 2-4 in the west and go to a bowl game. That's all that matters right??*********

mic
02-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Here is the CDM presser toady..

- I only talk about the kids we are getting.
- 6 straight bowl games
- #1 2 years ago
- building a program
Ect.. Ect.. Ect...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Oy. Steve Smith from MSU Compliance making excuses for losing Brown... "FB coaches get 42 eval days in fall. 1 contact/week for up to 6 wks after Thanksgiving. Can't go everyday. #justsoyouknow #NCAArulesed"

LOL I'm starting to think our coaches see Thanksgiving as fall break.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 11:42 AM

Yeah well **** you Steve. You and the rest of the asshats involved with this recruiting can dive off a cliff.

I seen it dawg

Yeah well **** you Steve. You and the rest of the asshats involved with this recruiting can dive off a cliff.

DawgFromOxford
Is anyone allowed to attend and ask him questions about how he screwed up the recruiting of guys like Lashley and Brown, or is it a private, prescreened kind of thing?

Really Clark?
02-03-2016, 11:43 AM

Come on now. You know Turner has been the main guy on Simmons for a long while. C34 has mentioned that to I believe. Hev...he got to go but not Simmons.

Really Clark?
02-03-2016, 11:44 AM

Come on now. You know Turner has been the main guy on Simmons for a long while. C34 has mentioned that to I believe. Hev...he got to go but not Simmons.

RougeDawg
02-03-2016, 11:47 AM
I know I have been bashing Dan's complacency on and off the field since we beat Auburn and reached #1 last year. He was showing signs of complacency even in that next game in Lexington. It was plain to see that he had reached his goal and that Strick no longer had any say so. Dan has been coasting and on cruise control ever since that day. It was easy to see for those of us who choose to view reality as opposed to keeping maroon colored glasses on 24/7.

Enjoy because there never was an agenda against Mullen. There was an agenda to build upon #1, our 2014 success and get back to Atlanta. The major problem with the entire landscape is that our $4mil+ head coach did not have those same priorities, hence his throwing his name in every available coaching vacancy this past off season.

Each and every f*cking one of us better pray each evening that the NCAA has found their sack. If not, we better get ready for some nice ass whoopings and 6-7th SECWest finishes each season. That's what we will continue to have with the status quo.

mic
02-03-2016, 11:48 AM

Having Hev as the secondary recruiter is liking trying to close on ur prom date with her dad in the back seat...

gtowndawg
02-03-2016, 11:51 AM

Amen. Stever, whoever you are, you're part of the problem, not the solution. You guys work harder at making excuses than producing results.

PMDawg
02-03-2016, 11:53 AM
and crew are lazy recruiters. Dont whine now after ya'll kept throwing the "agenda" word at us. You're ******* right we had an agenda- to get better at recruiting. We dont make shit up- we tell it like it is. I'm sorry that many of you couldnt handle the truth months ago. Welcome to what we have known for awhile.

We teed a ****ing 4-star OG up for our staff- and they did barely anything to recruit the guy. Teed him up.

Make sure and read my post after Simmons announces today

Is Ole Miss a distant 3rd for AJ?

Political Hack
02-03-2016, 11:53 AM

Mr. Smith should be fired before he gets back to his office. Ole Miss coaches are playing online Xbox NCAA football and Madden with these kids nightly and we're talking about why we can't visit them. There's plenty of ways to communicate and OM's staff leverages every single one of them. Our staff is still using telegraphs to get in touch with the kids.

mic
02-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Mr. Smith should be fired before he gets back to his office. Ole Miss coaches are playing online Xbox NCAA football and Madden with these kids nightly and we're talking about why we can't visit them. There's plenty of ways to communicate and OM's staff leverages every single one of them. Our staff is still using telegraphs to get in touch with the kids.

#acceptaverage

mic
02-03-2016, 12:10 PM
And with Simmons to UMiss.
The Country Club Boys can "officially" start their vacation...

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 12:13 PM

Ole Miss has younger more energetic coaches. The new staff hopefully changes that.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-03-2016, 12:16 PM
Ole Miss has younger more energetic coaches. The new staff hopefully changes that.

Barney Farrar might be their best recruiter and he's no spring chicken.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 12:17 PM
New staff isn't enough and they will be looking to get out. The problem is Mullen and the country club.

Coach34
02-03-2016, 12:18 PM
OM coordinators are ancient

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 12:19 PM
We work harder at recruiting that our shit HC and country club does.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-03-2016, 12:19 PM
New staff isn't enough and they will be looking to get out. The problem is Mullen and the country club.

Sounds like a fun year. We probably won't even try to fill the empty coaching spot haha.

mic
02-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Sounds like a fun year. We probably won't even try to fill the empty coaching spot haha.

Meghan Mullen for DB/ S coach..

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 12:23 PM

Nah we will...should be able to find an up an coming juco guy or 2

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Ole Miss has former player coaches doing the legwork.

mic
02-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Ole Miss has former player coaches doing the legwork.

And we won't even hire former player Chad Bunphis to fill The position Sleepy had.. And he wants to be here..

sleepy dawg
02-03-2016, 12:44 PM
If y'all seem to hate everything about MSU except how good our basketball team recruits, then why are you still a State fan? Someone said the best way to fix the problem is to quit donating and to quit going to the games... I concur. Take a little time off, then quit.

This non-recruiting mother ****er has still done more than anything "the recruiter" ever did. When we stop winning on the field, then we get a new coach. As long as we're winning 8+ games a year, I'm happy.

What if we finished with a top 10 class, but only won 5 games next year? Somehow, I think you b*tches would still be happy because at least we had a good class. If you'll only ever be happy with a national championship, then prepared to always be miserable. Even you not donating or going to games won't fix it.

... And you'll say to me go to Genes page. accept mediocrity... a sheep... i've even been called miserable. I seem to be about the only person on here happy to still be a part of this great university, and glad to see our new team members, and still just a happy person. The only thing that really gets me pissed off anymore is listening to you estrogen filled ole miss acting bitches. **** all of you... Praise Jesus for Howland a Malik Newman. Doesn't matter that we're still a laughing stock, at least he got some good recruits... oh yeah, **** you all.

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 12:54 PM
What were you saying again C34..etc? Close this thread and eat your crow... With your agenda!

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-03-2016, 12:58 PM
The difference in mentality b/t us an OM is a bigger problem than I think a lot of our fans (especially older fans) realize. I think Will James said last night in one of the AJ threads that OM is the cool place to go and we're not, and that is true. Not just for football recruits, but for a lot of high school kids in MS that weren't born into MSU or OM fandom that are choosing between the two to go to college.

This difference in perception is not due to the media, like we pretend it is, it is because everyone associated with OM- from the 55 year old side walk fan to the 2nd semester freshmen from Texas- promotes the shit out of the university. Meanwhile, if you drive through one of our student lots, you see more than a few Alabama stickers and tags and a number of Tennessee, LSU, Auburn and even OM tags and stickers. A lot of people that come to our school as a fan of a different team don't convert to MSU, they adopt it as their second team. Especially the students from Alabama. That's not the case at OM.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Un****ingreal we were able to get Simmons.

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Our % of instate students is WAY higher than theirs. I will agree with you that they stay on point and aren't as negative as we are. THAT needs to stop.

Goat from MSU
02-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Why ,Coach Turner is good at his job . Enough said.
Un****ingreal we were able to get Simmons.

Coach34
02-03-2016, 01:04 PM
What were you saying again C34..etc? Close this thread and eat your crow... With your agenda!

What I said stands- everybody sees it

gtowndawg
02-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Why ,Coach Turner is good at his job . Enough said.

There is a video on twitter from the fooball account that shows Mullen walking into Turners office and giving him a massive awkward hug. He knows Turner just saved his butt.

tcdog70
02-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Barney Farrar might be their best recruiter and he's no spring chicken.

Barney has been a really good recruiter for Years. Clemson and Southern. He has Noxubee roots. he can Talk the Talk to Mississippi folks

mic
02-03-2016, 01:15 PM
There is a video on twitter from the fooball account that shows Mullen walking into Turners office and giving him a massive awkward hug. He knows Turner just saved his butt.

Mullen is still in Starkville??
I thought the black chopper would be in Destin by now...

Bucky Dog
02-03-2016, 01:16 PM
So C34, Mic, and whoever else you mentioned were smarter than us and Mullen and staff suck, go 17 yourselves!! We really only missed on Lashley and that one hurt. We didn't NEED AJ and Knott is hit or miss, but we met our needs and I believe Mullen knows what lies ahead. Now just STFU for a little while

tcdog70
02-03-2016, 01:18 PM
we signed possibly 3 future all sec D-linemen. Good job there.

I seen it dawg
So C34, Mic, and whoever else you mentioned were smarter than us and Mullen and staff suck, go 17 yourselves!! We really only missed on Lashley and that one hurt. We didn't NEED AJ and Knott is hit or miss, but we met our needs and I believe Mullen knows what lies ahead. Now just STFU for a little while

I stand behind everything I typed. Choke on a dick asshat.

tcdog70

I heard that Bama hasn't accepted Knott's LOI yet.

mic
02-03-2016, 01:19 PM

You better hurry and get in the boat with everyone else... It's getting full..

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 01:27 PM
What I said stands- everybody sees it

This thread was self righteous and it came back quickly biting... But whatever you say.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-03-2016, 01:29 PM

Can you give a link to this video?

Bucky Dog
02-03-2016, 01:30 PM
You better hurry and get in the boat with everyone else... It's getting full..

Get over yourselves

Coach34
02-03-2016, 01:31 PM
This thread was self righteous and it came back quickly biting... But whatever you say.

We missed on AJ, Knott, Lashley, and manyothers. We are 31st in recruiting. You cant defend that. Simmons doesnt change a thing

Squidawg11
02-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Barney has been a really good recruiter for Years. Clemson and Southern. He has Noxubee roots. he can Talk the Talk to Mississippi folks

This guy is their best recruiter?

Check out his pic http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/farrar_barney00.html

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Mullen is still in Starkville??
I thought the black chopper would be in Destin by now...

Oh, he'll be making his escape in it from the presser later this afternoon and won't be back till an hour before the kick off of the Maroon and White game. It ain't going to Destin though....it'll be landing over at Lake Oconee.

gtowndawg
02-03-2016, 01:37 PM
We missed on AJ, Knott, Lashley, and manyothers. We are 31st in recruiting. You cant defend that. Simmons doesnt change a thing

I agree. We indeed hit a home run on our last at bat. But we went 0-4 before that. 1-5 isn't terrible, but it's not good either. We have to address issues to make the next step. That's all there is to it.

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 01:45 PM

Many others? Every college in America missed on "many others". I could give 2 s***'s about rankings. You sign what you need. Rankings are for chest pumping fans. We needed OL and signed good talent there. Corners, we signed 2 good ones..and Wr's were not a need but we still signed a good one.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-03-2016, 01:47 PM

I disagree....we missed on Lashley AND AJ. NO reason what so ever for this staff to not get Lashley and then to push AJ to The RACIST just pushed it over the edge. WE could have had ALL 4 in Maroon and White today and this staff just didn't care enough to get it done. My concern is that Mullen won't feel the pressure from those that need to put pressure on him for this 17 up. Mullen will feel like, "Hey, we filled needs, got a great 5 Star DL that everybody wanted so we did good this year". BullShat.....If he would have STRAINED we would have had all 4 like we should have. I'm excited about all the young men we got today but this class COULD and SHOULD have been BETTER.

Coach34
02-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Many others? Every college in America missed on "many others". I could give 2 s***'s about rankings. You sign what you need. Rankings are for chest pumping fans. We needed OL and signed good talent there. Corners, we signed 2 good ones..and Wr's were not a need but we still signed a good one.

We missed on needs- OL....we lost Lashley and Cushenberry. That will yet again be the Achilles heel moving forward. We missed on a big WR. We missed on a top ranked CB. We dont need good- we need GREAT

Irondawg
02-03-2016, 01:52 PM
The OL hurts the worst - LSU coming out of nowhere last minute put a damper on that. Lashley should have never gone anywhere other than MSU but not sure what to believe on what happened there. He was the future LT we desperately needed

mic
02-03-2016, 01:52 PM

You scream the country club motto...
#acceptaverage

HoopsDawg
02-03-2016, 01:55 PM

Are you serious bud? Thank goodness we got Simmons but this class was a disaster.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2016, 01:56 PM
We missed on needs- OL....we lost Lashley and Cushenberry. That will yet again be the Achilles heel moving forward. We missed on a big WR. We missed on a top ranked CB. We dont need good- we need GREAT

Can't believe we only signed 3 O-linemen and no jucos.

mic
02-03-2016, 02:06 PM

Yep... At least 5 every year is a must..
3 means you better not miss on all 3...

Lot easier to go 2-5 than 2-3

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-03-2016, 02:08 PM
Where is Thomas projected to play? He'd be a huge TE at 275.

LC Dawg
02-03-2016, 02:12 PM
The difference in mentality b/t us an OM is a bigger problem than I think a lot of our fans (especially older fans) realize. I think Will James said last night in one of the AJ threads that OM is the cool place to go and we're not, and that is true. Not just for football recruits, but for a lot of high school kids in MS that weren't born into MSU or OM fandom that are choosing between the two to go to college.

This difference in perception is not due to the media, like we pretend it is, it is because everyone associated with OM- from the 55 year old side walk fan to the 2nd semester freshmen from Texas- promotes the shit out of the university. Meanwhile, if you drive through one of our student lots, you see more than a few Alabama stickers and tags and a number of Tennessee, LSU, Auburn and even OM tags and stickers. A lot of people that come to our school as a fan of a different team don't convert to MSU, they adopt it as their second team. Especially the students from Alabama. That's not the case at OM.

That's not true. There are quite a few high school dropout rednecks in Mississippi that choose Ole Miss as their favorite school but that traces back to their traditions like racism and confederate flags. High school kids in Mississippi who are looking for a college usually do not choose the plantation.

Political Hack
02-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Mullen is not happy today. They were ecstatic over Simmons, but overall he's not happy. That's good that he's not satisfied with this, but it sucks that we didn't do better as well. Anyone saying this class was a success is kidding themselves.

We could've had Lashley, Cushenberry, AJ, Knott, Simpson, D. Brown, and others if it was done correctly. Add those six alone and it's a stellar class.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Where is Thomas projected to play? He'd be a huge TE at 275.

Attached TE all the way. Unless we have to move him his senior year due to inept recruiting.

confucius say
02-03-2016, 02:25 PM

We missed on a lot. It sucks. But to say Simmons, the unanimous best player in the state and top 3 dl in the country, doesn't change a thing kills your credibility.

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Our OL depth went from bad to Alcorn State. We need to hit gold in 2017.... high school and JuCo.

confucius say
02-03-2016, 02:28 PM

Now this is correct. Much more credible.

Dallas_Dawg
02-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Mullen is not happy today. They were ecstatic over Simmons, but overall he's not happy. That's good that he's not satisfied with this, but it sucks that we didn't do better as well. Anyone saying this class was a success is kidding themselves.

We could've had Lashley, Cushenberry, AJ, Knott, Simpson, D. Brown, and others if it was done correctly. Add those six alone and it's a stellar class.

Y'all keep forgetting about Raekwon Davis. That was a HUGE miss if you ask me. I think he's going to be ALL-SEC, whatever position he ends up at.

Thompson92
02-03-2016, 02:31 PM

A few years ago, a group affiliated with MSU surveyed tens of thousands of people in TN, AR, MS, LA, and AL on their perceptions of public universities in the area. The results were not released to the public, but Ole Miss had the most negative perception by far, in the state, in the region, and among African-American respondents. I know for a fact Stricklin and Keenum heard about it.

A few years later, that has changed in many ways. Ole Miss is far from being a top-notch university, but they've somehow managed to avoid the negative press they deserve. They're awful people, but they are masters at PR. The culture at each university is vastly different. You'll never catch me saying we need to emulate them in any way, but as IYOK has said, State fans and administration need to start acting like we belong at the top. It makes a difference.

NCDawg
02-03-2016, 02:32 PM
The OL hurts the worst - LSU coming out of nowhere last minute put a damper on that. Lashley should have never gone anywhere other than MSU but not sure what to believe on what happened there. He was the future LT we desperately needed

"Not sure what happened there"? I think it's pretty apparent-he didn't want to play for our OL coach. Same applies for the guy that signed with LSU.

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2016, 02:35 PM
A few years ago, a group affiliated with MSU surveyed tens of thousands of people in TN, AR, MS, LA, and AL on their perceptions of public universities in the area. The results were not released to the public, but Ole Miss had the most negative perception by far, in the state, in the region, and among African-American respondents. I know for a fact Stricklin and Keenum heard about it.

Ole Miss is far from being a top-notch university, but they've somehow managed to avoid the negative press they deserve. They're awful people, but they are masters at PR. The culture at each university is vastly different. You'll never catch me saying we need to emulate them in any way, but as IYOK has said, State fans need to start acting like we belong at the top. It makes a difference.
Yes.

AlSwearengen
02-03-2016, 02:36 PM
getting Simmons in the end was a pleasant surprise, but losing Lashley was a very unpleasant surprise, especially if it went down the way we are told. That is embarrassing and inexcusable.

Awhile back, we were talking about a great wr and ol class and that shit turned to complete dust.

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 02:37 PM
Y'all keep forgetting about Raekwon Davis. That was a HUGE miss if you ask me. I think he's going to be ALL-SEC, whatever position he ends up at.

We'll have another shot at him in 2 years. Bama doesn't sign and place guys.... they sign, let go, then get something younger.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2016, 02:39 PM
getting Simmons in the end was a pleasant surprise, but losing Lashley was a very unpleasant surprise, especially if it went down the way we are told. That is embarrassing and inexcusable.

Awhile back, we were talking about a great wr and ol class and that shit turned to complete dust.

I would feel decent about this class if we hadn't f'ed up Lashley.

PassInterference
02-03-2016, 02:43 PM

When the **** is Mullen going to hold Hev as accountable as all of the coaches that walk out of Starkville after they get tired of Mullen's demands for perfection?

HoopsDawg
02-03-2016, 02:45 PM
When the **** is Mullen going to hold Hev as accountable as all of the coaches that walk out of Starkville after they get tired of Mullen's demands for perfection?

It's unreal isn't it? We signed 3 O-linemen. One is a 4 star, but it was really b/t us and Syracuse. And then you have Parker and Eiland who are major developmental guys. And it's still probably one of Hev's best classes.

Dawgface
02-03-2016, 02:49 PM
It's unreal isn't it? We signed 3 O-linemen. One is a 4 star, but it was really b/t us and Syracuse. And then you have Parker and Eiland who are major developmental guys. And it's still probably one of Hev's best classes.

Mullen probably thinks Hev did a good job with recruiting. Getting rid of him hasn't even crossed his mind.

the59dawg
02-03-2016, 02:51 PM
What? Seriously? Holy shit. You mean we were right again? These country club ****s need to be replaced.

You guys are trying ur best to resume the mantel u wore over 6 pak. Why now?8

LC Dawg
02-03-2016, 02:51 PM
Ole Miss recruiting - Send out offers to every 4 and 5 star in the country and provide cash and whores to every one of them who shows even a tiny bit of interest.
Miss State recruiting - Target one in state stud, e.g. Leo and Simmons, and make them your one and only priority and instruct them to commit to and/or lean towards Ole Miss so you can "steal" them at the last minute.

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 02:52 PM
You scream the country club motto...
#acceptaverage

Jones and Simmons aren't average. You scream rankings
#Olemissmotto#

the59dawg
02-03-2016, 02:54 PM

We missed one of each. Is that the diff between great and dust?

Johnson85
02-03-2016, 02:57 PM

I wasn't going to bring it up, but that's concerned me a little. I don't mind taking an OL bc somebody else is passing; it's just a hard position to project. But did he have some sort of connection to Syracuse and keep them in the race over a lot of good programs? Or was there basically no program between FSU and Syracuse that wanted him other than us?

Johnson85
02-03-2016, 03:02 PM
We missed one of each. Is that the diff between great and dust?

We lost two of each. Farrar and AJ at WR and Cushenberry and Lashley at OL. I don't know that it's complete dust, but we were already behind the eight ball on the OL and we signed three OL, which is short of the minimum we need to maintain a good OL, much less build a good OL. We better be identifying a lot of good OL prospects next year, because we really, really can't afford to do this shit two years in a row.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Miss State recruiting - Target one in state stud, e.g. Leo and Simmons, and make them your one and only priority and instruct them to commit to and/or lean towards Ole Miss so you can "steal" them at the last minute.

That's bullshit.

State fought to the end for Simmons

HoopsDawg
02-03-2016, 03:12 PM
I wasn't going to bring it up, but that's concerned me a little. I don't mind taking an OL bc somebody else is passing; it's just a hard position to project. But did he have some sort of connection to Syracuse and keep them in the race over a lot of good programs? Or was there basically no program between FSU and Syracuse that wanted him other than us?

The latter. The best way to spin it would be other programs were either set or they were scared FSU was going to offer b/c if FSU offered, he was gone. LSU did to us with Cushenberry what FSU could have done with Reese.

Sacrifice
02-03-2016, 03:25 PM
We can spin it all we want but we just had one of the top WR prospects I've seen come out of this state in a long time commit to OM from STARKVILLE HS!!. Then go on to say he didn't feel wanted by our coaching staff. That's a Fu@king gut punch and an embarrassment for our football program. Signing Simmons is great but that kind of Sh^t just can not happen. I could handle Bama but OM?? Are you freakin kidding me.

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2016, 03:29 PM
We were never going to get AJ. I was told that by a good source over a year ago. B

maroonmania
02-03-2016, 04:08 PM
State fans and administration need to start acting like we belong at the top. It makes a difference.

Good grief, the reason people have gotten so freakin' upset at this poor level of recruiting by our staff is that we know we ARE capable of so much more. I get so sick of some posters on here blaming our fans for our shortcomings because people gripe on a message board when we get mediocre efforts from our coaches or WORSE. We need to hold Mullen accountable for his performance when he is getting paid what he does and many of us here are sinking a lot of money into buying season tickets and paying to travel to games for 6 or 7 weekends a year. I really get sick of people that want all pollyanna responses when we are getting our asses handed to us in games OR in this case recruiting.

tcdog70
02-03-2016, 04:11 PM
We'll have another shot at him in 2 years. Bama doesn't sign and place guys.... they sign, let go, then get something younger.

Reed and Pettiway disagree with you.

tcdog70
02-03-2016, 04:13 PM
We were never going to get AJ. I was told that by a good source over a year ago. B

i heard Dan and AJ's Dad had a disagreement a while back.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 04:20 PM
i heard Dan and AJ's Dad had a disagreement a while back.

nope, total rumor

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 07:17 PM
You guys are trying ur best to resume the mantel u wore over 6 pak. Why now?8

What mantel? When at that other board? I've never posted over at that shitbarn.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 07:22 PM
#Olemissmotto#

So we got the best player in Mississippi and potentially other really good ones and that's great. What the **** else? In comparison to the rest of the real programs in the sec. They get guys from all over we recruit Mississippi, La, and Alabama hard, or what the staff considers hard. And we don't own any of it. This staff recruits on the level of a mountain west school and that may be insulting to the mountain west.

There are kids all over this damn country that want to play in the sec. Make some ****ing effort and go out and find them. Most other staffs are doing it so there is zero excuse. It's not about ****ing rankings it's about going out and finding players. Our staff is ****ing lazy period. But getting what you say is 2 above average players is ****ing great in yours and a lot of other people's asinine opinions.

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 07:26 PM
So we got the best player in Mississippi and potentially other really good ones and that's great. What the **** else? In comparison to the rest of the real programs in the sec. They get guys from all over we recruit Mississippi, La, and Alabama hard, or what the staff considers hard. And we don't own any of it. This staff recruits on the level of a mountain west school and that may be insulting to the mountain west.

There are kids all over this damn country that want to play in the sec. Make some ****ing effort and go out and find them. Most other staffs are doing it so there is zero excuse. It's not about ****ing rankings it's about going out and finding players. Our staff is ****ing lazy period. But getting what you say is 2 above average players is ****ing great in yours and a lot of other people's asinine opinions.

So you honestly believe we only signed 2 SEC caliber players this year? Dude, you've lost it. You weren't kidding when you said you were holding back until today.

mic
02-03-2016, 07:38 PM
#Olemissmotto#

You said we signed good talent at OL.. Maybe we did.. But we only got 3 GUYS!!!!! Unless we go 3/3 this will hurt us down the road.. Have to sign around 5 a year.. And hope you hit with 2/5..
I never said I didn't like any of the guys we have nor did I say they weren't all going to be All SEC guys.. I like some of these cats we signed.
But when you lose 2 guys in your back yard one to UMiss that's a problem... When the staff just thinks they get them because they are from West Point and Starkville that's a problem..
No doubt we got 2 studs with Simmons and Kobe..
And yeah you dumbass every school misses kids.. But when WE sign 3 of the top 10 players in the state that's an issue..

mic
02-03-2016, 07:45 PM
The Country Club Boys...
#acceptaverage

Dan Mullen... Doesn't want to be here . No fire. No passion.. But can't get a job anywhere else..
Scott Stricklin. LT 2.0 ( how bad do the other SEC AD's laugh at this guy) .
John Hevesy .. Might be the worse and laziest recruiter in college football.. But hey ur in bed with the man . it's all good
John Clark.. Mullen's bitch..
Scott Sallach.. Could he get a job at any other power 5 school.. **** no
Bracky Brett.. No explanation needed.

Wtf does everyone think Sirmon and TBuck are thinking right now in our signing day war room..
Actually feel bad for Gonzo... Can't believe that guy is still here.. He deserves a raise for that..

I stand corrected... Apparently Gonzo is a member of Country Club Boys.. I am actually shocked by this..
Maybe this is why he is still here....

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 07:46 PM
So you honestly believe we only signed 2 SEC caliber players this year? Dude, you've lost it. You weren't kidding when you said you were holding back until today.

No I don't. I think we got 4-5 potentials out of this entire class. Auburn for example signs 3 impact def lineman and 2 top 10 wrs in the country...WE DONT ****ING WORK HARD ENOUGH AT RECRUITING.

mic
02-03-2016, 07:48 PM
No I don't. I think we got 4-5 potentials out of this entire class. Auburn for example signs 3 impact def lineman and 2 top 10 wrs in the country...WE DONT ****ING WORK HARD ENOUGH AT RECRUITING.

3 impact D- lineman and had just as much staff turnover on that side of the ball as we did..

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 07:51 PM

He's no Leatherneck, is he 28?

Seriously, you are right.

dawgs
02-03-2016, 07:55 PM
I know I have been bashing Dan's complacency on and off the field since we beat Auburn and reached #1 last year. He was showing signs of complacency even in that next game in Lexington. It was plain to see that he had reached his goal and that Strick no longer had any say so. Dan has been coasting and on cruise control ever since that day. It was easy to see for those of us who choose to view reality as opposed to keeping maroon colored glasses on 24/7.

Enjoy because there never was an agenda against Mullen. There was an agenda to build upon #1, our 2014 success and get back to Atlanta. The major problem with the entire landscape is that our $4mil+ head coach did not have those same priorities, hence his throwing his name in every available coaching vacancy this past off season.

Each and every f*cking one of us better pray each evening that the NCAA has found their sack. If not, we better get ready for some nice ass whoopings and 6-7th SECWest finishes each season. That's what we will continue to have with the status quo.

Yep. It was like Dan decided his career could go on cruise control after that auburn game. I've been saying since last year when Mullen came out with a tight butthole against bama.

dawgs
02-03-2016, 08:38 PM

Starzzzz are for more than chest thumpers. They also are for national champions, sec champions, playoff teams, NFL draft picks, etc. face it, it doesn't matter if guys get a bama bump or not, but you can bet if bama wants them, then they are top notch, so whether the recruiting rankings rank them high first and then star chasers like OM comes calling or whether recruiting sites give a guy a bump based on offers from elite programs, the end result is the same, better recruits leads to better rosters leads to more Ws far more often than not.

::waits for you to point out Texas sucks while ignoring all the other elite recruiting powers::

Goldendawg
02-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Guys, I hate as much as anyone that we lost local players. I don't feel our recent staff turnover helped things much and Mullen needs to be the Mullen of several years ago. The nine wins was nice, good to beat the cupcakes, schools we are supposed to beat, Auburn, and Arkansas. I have seem many more bad MSU seasons than good ones in my life as a MSU fan. We need to step it up in recruiting and go more nationwide, BUT the nine win season needs to include UM more than 1 out of the last four years and I can't even remember the last time we beat Alabama. I still think Mullen chokes when we play Bama and he better regain his passion to beat UM. I said several posts ago his relationship with our OL coach was Croom/McCorvey Act II. I don't think Hevesy is a good recruiter and I'm not sure kids want to play for him. Time will tell.

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 09:29 PM
He's no Leatherneck, is he 28?

Seriously, you are right.

Lol... he's drunk. It's an insult to every player signed to suggest we only signed 2 elite players. He wanted certain players now the sky is falling because it didn't happen. He's crying along with "name caller mic" because Ole Miss beat them in Forecasted projection of talent.

He's no leatherneck at all.

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 09:32 PM
You said we signed good talent at OL.. Maybe we did.. But we only got 3 GUYS!!!!! Unless we go 3/3 this will hurt us down the road.. Have to sign around 5 a year.. And hope you hit with 2/5..
I never said I didn't like any of the guys we have nor did I say they weren't all going to be All SEC guys.. I like some of these cats we signed.
But when you lose 2 guys in your back yard one to UMiss that's a problem... When the staff just thinks they get them because they are from West Point and Starkville that's a problem..
No doubt we got 2 studs with Simmons and Kobe..
And yeah you dumbass every school misses kids.. But when WE sign 3 of the top 10 players in the state that's an issue..

Maybe you should apply for the coaching gig since it's so easy to control and manipulate 17-18 year old boys.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Lol... he's drunk. It's an insult to every player signed to suggest we only signed 2 elite players. He wanted certain players now the sky is falling because it didn't happen. He's crying along with "name caller mic" because Ole Miss beat them in Forecasted projection of talent.

That's the gist. They got their hopes up, and wouldn't believe when told otherwise.

mic
02-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Guys, I hate as much as anyone that we lost local players. I don't feel our recent staff turnover helped things much and Mullen needs to be the Mullen of several years ago. The nine wins was nice, good to beat the cupcakes, schools we are supposed to beat, Auburn, and Arkansas. I have seem many more bad MSU seasons than good ones in my life as a MSU fan. We need to step it up in recruiting and go more nationwide, BUT the nine win season needs to include UM more than 1 out of the last four years and I can't even remember the last time we beat Alabama. I still think Mullen chokes when we play Bama and he better regain his passion to beat UM. I said several posts ago his relationship with our OL coach was Croom/McCorvey Act II. I don't think Hevesy is a good recruiter and I'm not sure kids want to play for him. Time will tell.

Bro you make WAY to much sense...

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 09:37 PM
That's the gist. They got their hopes up, and wouldn't believe when told otherwise.

Your right about it.

Recruiting is like dating you always go for the girl that loves you back. Anything else will be a disaster or rape.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 09:41 PM

You and Spider-Man's reading comprehension is total shit. And I only channeled my anger from pretty much all season to now to try to help squash the Mullen shit that was flying out there. No need for me to keep flaming it. This isn't just about today. Today is a microcosm of the whole problem.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 09:48 PM
You and Spider-Man's reading comprehension is total shit. And I only channeled my anger from pretty much all season to now to try to help squash the Mullen shit that was flying out there. No need for me to keep flaming it. This isn't just about today. Today is a microcosm of the whole problem.

I read well enough to know that you are slobbering with rage that we lost 3 players to Alabama, and one to Ole Miss.

That shit has happened for years.

AGAIN, it was the perfect storm of Alabama wanting 5 or 6 Ms kids AND actually having a spot for them in a limited year class for us.

Any other year and we sign 2 of Lashley, Davis, or Knott. AND we beat Alabama for Simmons.

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 09:52 PM

Well, I know I read you say.... AJ to State!!!

It's OK bro you were wrong no need to spazz out about it.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 09:54 PM
I read well enough to know that you are slobbering with rage that we lost 3 players to Alabama, and one to Ole Miss.

AGAIN, it was the perfect storm of Alabama wanting 5 or 6 Ms kids AND actually having a spot for them in a limited year class for us.

Any other year and we sign 2 of Lashley, Davis, or Knott. AND we beat Alabama for Simmons.

You win

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 09:54 PM

You win

mic
02-03-2016, 09:55 PM

Well the next time a SEC school other than Vandy .
Lose both the top OL and the top WR in the state that are both within 20 miles of their campus let me know...

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Just let it go. Can't reason with that shit. They don't get the recruiting world doesn't revolve around just us and OM.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 10:00 PM

Yep, and when I said we took the WR from Tx, who we lost to Ok., to replace AJ, I was told I was an idiot and that one had nothing to do with the other. Our lazy staff got the kid committed and then Ok. stole him. That hurt a hell of a lot more than AJ.

And I notice thatt I Seen it doesn't mind at all being confused with, and never corrects anybody at all when it happens, to If You Only Knew. Who is right more than he is wrong.

And just so people that have short memories, or didn't see it don't know, and think 28 and i are butthole buddies.... Hey Bulldog28, CB is still the easiest position to COACH.

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Yep, and when I said we took the WR from Tx, who we lost to Ok., to replace AJ, I was told I was an idiot and that one had nothing to do with the other. Our lazy staff got the kid committed and then Ok. stole him. That hurt a hell of a lot more than AJ.

And I notice thatt I Seen it doesn't mind at all being confused with, and never corrects anybody at all when it happens, to If You Only Knew. Who is right more than he is wrong.

And just so people that have short memories, or didn't see it don't know, and think 28 and i are butthole buddies.... Hey Bulldog28, CB is still the easiest position to COACH.

Lol... your still wrong b****. But I have no clue what the hell we're doing with the GA safety coach hire. Did you talk Dan into that s***?

In the recruiting arena it blows my mind that we didn't offer either of the juco WR's that have 3 years of eligibility.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 10:06 PM
You win

I don't want to win. We are on the same team. I just don't see what else we could have done. We couldn't give up on Lashley, Knott, and Davis. Had we got 2 of them, you would have been pretty happy today.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Lol... your still wrong b****. But I have no clue what the hell we're doing with the GA safety coach hire. Did you talk Dan into that s***?

Nope, but if he can recruit, I'll take credit.

Schultzy
02-03-2016, 10:09 PM
MSU recruited the hell out of AJ Brown, anything said otherwise is deflection and not necessary, but also not surprising.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 10:10 PM

Lol you serious? When has that happened because I haven't noticed.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 10:11 PM
I don't want to win. We are on the same team. I just don't see what else we could have done. We couldn't give up on Lashley, Knott, and Davis. Had we got 2 of them, you would have been pretty happy today.

We can recruit all the time and do it as a staff with more effort. We don't do it hard enough.

CottonDog
02-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Haha. Someone is upset that starting a message board didn't get him a seat at the big boy's table.

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Nope, but if he can recruit, I'll take credit.

Lol..gotcha

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Lol you serious? When has that happened because I haven't noticed.

Here today...... last post.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?40333-AJ-Brown-Quote&p=498884#post498884

Noticed it others too where you didn't correct confusion. I'm not gonna go find them all.

I seen it dawg
Haha. Someone is upset that starting a message board didn't get him a seat at the big boy's table.

Read more post less.

bulldawg28

Kick rocks troll.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Here today...... last post.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?40333-AJ-Brown-Quote&p=498884#post498884

Noticed it others too where you didn't correct confusion. I'm not gonna go find them all.

Lol are you ****ing serious? This is the stupidest post you've made in this whole thread. And that's saying a lot. Get off the playground.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Lol are you ****ing serious? This is the stupidest post you've made in this whole thread. And that's saying a lot. Get off the playground.

O,k I will, if that's what you want. Evidently you are a founding member. If I'm messing up your board by being the only SOB 100% right on everything from the DC search to signing day, I'll leave.

I won't post anymore, but will still enjoy reading, if that is ok.

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 10:25 PM
O,k I will, if that's what you want. Evidently you are a founding member. If I'm messing up your board by being the only SOB 100% right on everything from the DC search to signing day, I'll leave.

I don't know about that.... You were wrong on that CB assessment.

Sorry, I'll go back to my regularly scheduled program now.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 10:34 PM

I won't post anymore, but will still enjoy reading, if that is ok.

I don't give a shit what you do. Or could I give a damn with how much you are right or not. We obviously have different views. I think yours is absurdly wrong and you aren't seeing the point I'm making obviously. That's part of t.

That being said are you really serious that there is something to the fact I didn't correct some poster on my message board identity being confused with another message board identity? Do you really have any idea how ****ing stupid that is? I mean seriously is that really something you want to get behind? My meaning by playground is you went from having a philosophical argument about what amounts to 2 different things to saying I hope people think more of me because I might be confused with IYOK. Why don't you just say something bad about my mama. So stupid.

dawgs
02-04-2016, 02:22 AM

It's the fact that we didn't have sec caliber plan Bs for those slots. It's the fact that OM can whiff on the same % of in state guys and still have a top 5ish class because they aren't pussies too scared to act like they have a big dick and offer every good player in the country. They don't take no for an answer. Do they cheat and bend rules? Hell yeah they do, and we should to if we aren't going to do something about stopping them. Aj brown's entire family should have had cushy university jobs 18 months ago. How the **** else do you think om got Shea Patterson? Does anyone doubt Derrick brown would have signed with OM if both his parents were rebel alums? Hell, om signs 5* through connections far more tenuous than that, and then get the 5* to be their bell cow drawing in other elite recruits. Instead we lulz at the fact the OM was shocked when they found out our 1 5* played them, like we planned it all along. If we really told Simmons to play OM then we are so ****ing clueless how this game called recruiting works. He should have been the guy that made it ok for other 4-5* guys to commit if he was silently committed all along. You need that first stud or 2 to make it ok for the rest to follow thru, OM has figured that out and we haven't.

bulldawg28
02-04-2016, 07:26 AM
It's the fact that we didn't have sec caliber plan Bs for those slots. It's the fact that OM can whiff on the same % of in state guys and still have a top 5ish class because they aren't pussies too scared to act like they have a big dick and offer every good player in the country. They don't take no for an answer. Do they cheat and bend rules? Hell yeah they do, and we should to if we aren't going to do something about stopping them. Aj brown's entire family should have had cushy university jobs 18 months ago. How the **** else do you think om got Shea Patterson? Does anyone doubt Derrick brown would have signed with OM if both his parents were rebel alums? Hell, om signs 5* through connections far more tenuous than that, and then get the 5* to be their bell cow drawing in other elite recruits. Instead we lulz at the fact the OM was shocked when they found out our 1 5* played them, like we planned it all along. If we really told Simmons to play OM then we are so ****ing clueless how this game called recruiting works. He should have been the guy that made it ok for other 4-5* guys to commit if he was silently committed all along. You need that first stud or 2 to make it ok for the rest to follow thru, OM has figured that out and we haven't.

It's clear AJ is a drama queen. You don't give him jack Until he's signed or it could bite you in the ass. OM is generally all in for their players. The offer multiple guys and usually one will take the cash but a backup plan they don't have. No matter what the guys that left were leaving. Those dudes wanted to be seen, heard, and ego stroked. They were not following one another.... Drama drama drama

dawgs
02-04-2016, 11:52 AM
It's clear AJ is a drama queen. You don't give him jack Until he's signed or it could bite you in the ass. OM is generally all in for their players. The offer multiple guys and usually one will take the cash but a backup plan they don't have. No matter what the guys that left were leaving. Those dudes wanted to be seen, heard, and ego stroked. They were not following one another.... Drama drama drama

And ole miss is gonna win a lot of games and keep kicking our ass on the field with all those drama queens because they run laps around us when it comes to talent. Do you put up with drama from a 3rd string safety? No. But even bill belichick puts up with the kinda drama queens that are talented enough to be a difference maker. But Dan the man Mullen can't deal with a little drama, and we have fans that would rather have a grinder that picks us over Indiana and bowling green instead of a talented stud that might have an ego. Newsflash but most guys that are extremely talented have pretty big egos. look at the super bowl field Sunday and find me guys that don't have egos. Even Peyton manning has an ego, he just hides it behind his "aww shucks guys" persona.