PDA

View Full Version : AJ Brown Quote

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2016, 10:34 AM
Robbie Faulk
‏@robbiefaulk247
A.J. Brown said he didn't feel wanted by MSU's coaches. "I would have thought with me being a hometown guy they'd be here everyday."

"I felt like other schools wanted me more. I live in Starkville. I would expect MSU would be hard. Every day here."

state66
02-03-2016, 10:37 AM
More from Brown: "I felt like other schools wanted me more. I live in Starkville. I would expect MSU would be hard. Every day here."

state66
02-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Strong words from AJ Brown: "I was going to stay, but I felt like they didn't do a good job of recruiting. I didn't feel wanted."

Op4isabitch
02-03-2016, 10:38 AM
He sounds like a ***** to me. Lol

He really needed all that attention. Sounds like a high maintenance little bitch.

state66
02-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Im dumbfounded. **** you mullen. Why couldnt someone of hired this idiot in the offseason. We know stricklin doesnt have the balls to make a change.

defiantdog
02-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Robbie Faulk
‏@robbiefaulk247
A.J. Brown said he didn't feel wanted by MSU's coaches. "I would have thought with me being a hometown guy they'd be here everyday."

****in ridiculous

starkvegasdawg
02-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Well, he's going to be a high maintenance little bitch torching our secondary for the next three years.

Ralph
02-03-2016, 10:40 AM

He really needed all that attention. Sounds like a high maintenance little bitch.

Normally I would agree but there's a pattern developing that Dan blew off recruiting this year for whatever reason.

SDDawg
02-03-2016, 10:41 AM
He is right. This is what it takes in this era. Our staff thinks that guys that want to be recruited aren't willing to work, but that isn't true. We have to make a change in the recruiting philosophy and it starts now. And I NEVER want to hear a prospect say "I didn't feel pressured to commit."

Goddammit Dan, we asked you to do two things and you only ****ing did 1 of them. Get your ass to work if you want to be here. We can lose out on guys, but not because we didn't work for them. That's unacceptable.

Dawgtini
02-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Robbie Faulk
‏@robbiefaulk247

"I felt like other schools wanted me more. I live in Starkville. I would expect MSU would be hard. Every day here."

screw him then. NO ONE should have such a high opinion of themselves that they think a D1 coach/staff should be there kissing their butt every dadgum day. Good luck, pal. You are now the enemy.

dawgs
02-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Is it now time to start bitching 49 minutes before coach 34 told me I could start bitching last night? Because this is un****ingacceptable.

Dawgology

Let's clear this up because we State fans talk so much about someones attitude but....if we don't recruit guys like AJ and Simmons we will never...repeat...never win the SEC. Never. That attitude comes with elite players and once they get into a program you can change that attitude....but it can't be a deal breaker. We need those guys.

Coursesuper

Sadly it's not. This is exactly what went down. Hevesy was the main guy on him until; late in the process. That lazy bastard went to see him twice, twice. I got so bad that he was pulled and Billy G was sent in to try to save it but it was to late. This is the kind of shat that is killing us, and happens all over the state. Hevesy has got to go and if his boss wont do it then his ass can go also.

Original48
02-03-2016, 10:43 AM
I'm not defending our coaches because they obviously completely mailed it in this year..but this wreaks of AJ trying to take the heat off himself and focus it on our staff. I don't believe him at all.

Tbonewannabe
02-03-2016, 10:44 AM
There is no reason that AJ's dad isn't working on campus right now. Everybody else would have made it happen. We are going to war with people and they have nuclear bombs and we have a ****ing dull spoon.

BrunswickDawg
02-03-2016, 10:44 AM
screw him then. NO ONE should have such a high opinion of themselves that they think a D1 coach/staff should be there kissing their butt every dadgum day. Good luck, pal. You are now the enemy.
I agree, but the reality is that ALL of our competition is doing it. If we refuse to do it, this is what we get.

Dawgtini
02-03-2016, 10:45 AM
Well, he's going to be a high maintenance little bitch torching our secondary for the next three years.

No, Morgan-Walker, Nelson, et. al. are going to make him cry.

I seen it dawg
**** AJ brown bc he picked OM. He's the ****ing enemy now so he can go **** himself.

Mullen is ****kng garbage. No working muther****er.

PendingTransaction

So you are Dan? That's his philosophy on recruiting. I knew you were on this board.

I seen it dawg
**** AJ brown bc he picked OM. He's the ****ing enemy now so he can go **** himself.

defiantdog
Sadly it's not. This is exactly what went down. Hevesy was the main guy on him until; late in the process. That lazy bastard went to see him twice, twice. I got so bad that he was pulled and Billy G was sent in to try to save it but it was to late. This is the kind of shat that is killing us, and happens all over the state. Hevesy has got to go and if his boss wont do it then his ass can go also.
The OM decision is left field though. I apologize, I was told that OM was never in the picture and that he was going to Bama.

shoeless joe
02-03-2016, 10:46 AM
A lot of folks will be worked up over this but it's just him saying stuff to make an excuse. We were never going to get AJ. believe what you want but it's been a bama, Umiss battle from day 1.

Dawgtini
02-03-2016, 10:47 AM
I agree, but the reality is that ALL of our competition is doing it. If we refuse to do it, this is what we get.

You are telling me that someone from OMU staff, BAMA, etc was their at SHS EVERY DADGUM DAY kissing his butt?? BS. He is whiney and deflecting. Screw him.

CJDAWG85
02-03-2016, 10:48 AM
I can't believe any of you actually believe this shit. He cut off communication with us. He would not let us visit him and he declined when our coaches offered to take him out to dinner. No one recruited him harder than us. You can read between the lines here. It's not rocket science. I've known for a week now where he was going and what was going on.

Really Clark?
02-03-2016, 10:49 AM
AJ is lying his ass off and toting the UNM line. Our staff has a lot to answer for but AJ is spinning some crap.

I seen it dawg
Well then Mullen should have gotten his ass in there and competed for the kid. No effort ****er.

Brahmabull
AJ is a piece of crap just making up BS now. He is was never coming to State. The rules don't even allow for coaches to visit more than once a week. He needs to be a man and own his decision. You can blame our staff for a lot but not AJ.

Maroonthirteen
02-03-2016, 10:50 AM
The few games I saw him play...he seemed extremely arrogant.

Regardless of the effort of our staff, I believe it says something about his character that he is bring all this up today. He should be talking up his reasons for signing with OM instead of what MSU did or didn't do.

Mark it down, he will be an arrogant asshole up. He will.probably have career days vs us but he is the next cj Johnson.

RougeDawg
02-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Either way, today and the last few months spell out only one direction for our football program and the sooner we pull the trigger the better off we will be.

ETA Sadly that trigger will not be pulled until around Nov 27,2016, and only if our big money donors force Stricks hand. Strick doesn't have the balls to even force removal of Hevesy, so it's up to our donors to force a change.

Bully13
02-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Dan wants to be fired so he can go sit on his ass with free money compliments of MSU 'S athletic budget. I'm over him. This is a disgrace. No work ethic or sense of urgency. Go be the qb coach for Maryland for all I care. Get your new job seeking ass out of town. Been a cool ride but you've warn out your welcome.

state66
02-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Quit making up excuses for us getting out worked for a recruit. There is no excuse for Mullen not being all over AJ. He lives 5 minutes from his office. Mullen couldnt even pressure him into an official visit.

BulldogBear
02-03-2016, 10:54 AM
AJ is lying his ass off and toting the UNM line. Our staff has a lot to answer for but AJ is spinning some crap.

AJ is a piece of crap just making up BS now. He is was never coming to State. The rules don't even allow for coaches to visit more than once a week. He needs to be a man and own his decision. You can blame our staff for a lot but not AJ.

The few games I saw him play...he seemed extremely arrogant.

Regardless of the effort of our staff, I believe it says something about his character that he is bring all this up today. He should be talking up his reasons for signing with OM instead of what MSU did or didn't do.

Mark it down, he will be an arrogant asshole up. He will.probably have career days vs us but he is the next cj Johnson.

I think the staff could stand some blame but if he's a Bear now, he's just doing what Beardsharks do. All in on recruiting.

Tbonewannabe
02-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Buddy just texted me and said rumor was AJ was north of Cam Newton. Mullen basically said **** off.

Really Clark?
02-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Then this comes out:

Should noted that Brown also said he made his decision a long time ago. So more attention by MSU may not have mattered.

He is lying piece of crap and just trying to justify to the local people. Self serving like Freeze.

Our staff does have a lot to address but AJ... Just put on the damn hat and go where you want. Fine. Don't try to spin all that other when you mislead and wouldn't communicate properly with the staff as well. Hev...later. Glad to have our guys

Bdawg
02-03-2016, 10:57 AM
I'm not defending our coaches because they obviously completely mailed it in this year..but this wreaks of AJ trying to take the heat off himself and focus it on our staff. I don't believe him at all.

I'm with you. Feel like he is trying to save face in a town he has to live in. Kobe obviously doesn't feel the same way as AJ.

Really Clark?
02-03-2016, 10:58 AM
I think the staff could stand some blame but if he's a Bear now, he's just doing what Beardsharks do. All in on recruiting.

I mentioned our staff in my quote.

pdawg10msu
02-03-2016, 11:05 AM

If our coaches spent every day with him, how would we recruit other players? He sounds like a brat to me.

Tripp McNeely
02-03-2016, 11:09 AM
My Bama buddy who is pretty connected said that AJ committed to their staff last night. So, he's saying things he's "been told" to say.

CarolinaDawgs
02-03-2016, 11:13 AM
AJ Brown was 2nd athlete ever to get Under Armour All American Game for Baseball and Football... We couldn't even use this to our advantage....

JoseBrown
02-03-2016, 11:16 AM

You know, with all the rotating recruiting/coaching positions open up this off-season, they could have hired me for a few t-shirts or something. I would have been on AJ's ass everyday, wherever he went if that's what it would have taken. Hev went to see him twice? That is absolute bullshit to me. I guess while our main guy was flying the country looking for he and Hevs next job? **** them!

Bass Chaser
02-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Buddy just texted me and said rumor was AJ was north of Cam Newton. Mullen basically said **** off.

Yep same thing I heard last week.

Bass Chaser
02-03-2016, 11:17 AM
DP

C222
02-03-2016, 11:23 AM
So, Kobe felt wanted but AJ didn't? We just ignored AJ when we visited Kobe? I'm all for bashing Dan about this class, but it's not hard to see what went on with this one.

yjnkdawg
02-03-2016, 11:27 AM
No reason for him to make those comments unless it was orchestrated by non other than Hugh " Fixing to be on probabation." Freeze with that pathetic grin. Just sign with the asylum up there and keep his mouth shut about MSU.

dawgs
02-03-2016, 11:31 AM
So, Kobe felt wanted but AJ didn't? We just ignored AJ when we visited Kobe? I'm all for bashing Dan about this class, but it's not hard to see what went on with this one.

AJ is a different level recruit. Kobe jones was a nice player most teams would be fine having, but AJ is a player that high end programs made a focal point. Also, players are different, some want to be pursued, some don't want to be called and followed everyday possible and pressured, as a coaching staff, it's your job to know different personalities and how to handle each player individually to maximize your chances. It's not a one size fits all process.

West Houston Dog
02-03-2016, 11:31 AM
I have been a Bulldog for 46 years. Lived thru a LOT of football futility. An indescribable amount. I was 110% behind the hire of Mullen.

But I am done with him. However, I will always root for my/our Bulldogs till the moment I draw my last breathe.

I have long ago quit expecting us to compete for any out of state studs. OOS 5*s, how about OOS 4*? HA .. we can only dream. Now he cant even land the studs in our own front and backyard. A SHS (my alma mater) stud going to play for human scumbag phony POS freeze? never thought I would see the day. Right now, I am not sure Dan could recruit a drowning person into a lifeboat.

om has left us/him in their dust. Mullen is 1 play away from being 0-fer against freeze(I believe that's right).seems like every other day I read some glowing article about om/freeze and their recruiting/success on yahoo.com. they have their network in place and their under the table whatever it takes or needs to be hired recruiting is paying off handsomely. MSU Dan? lets go get some 3* guys and coach them up. maybe a couple will pan out to be 4* performing players. High level recruiter like Orgeron available a year ago? did we not offer a job? or did and just not enough$$? Or enough and he just didn't want to come here? we SHOULD HAVE MADE THAT HAPPEN.
Dan too willing to cash his $4 million paycheck and stay status quo with his average recruiting staff and status quo with his recruiting efforts . Until the coaches leave for another job and he has to hire someone to replace.

Like I said, the program up north has skyrocketed and left us behind. We cant even land our own legacy or local players.

Dan CANT recruit on a level to compete in the SEC west. Beat bama?...HA!Or LSU or A&M or om....most times NO. He can recruit enough to win the nonconference games and a few SEC wins to get us bowl eligible. And to keep cashing his big check. Maybe his two recent hires and the one he still needs to make will be master recruiters but I don't have any confidence in that right now. I confess right now I am disgusted by our recruiting incompetence.

in oxford and Tuscaloosa...they will be laughing long and hard at us today. Deservedly so as they enjoying their newly acquired players. MSU?.. well I am sure we did sign a few players

Political Hack
02-03-2016, 11:37 AM
AJ is a different level recruit. Kobe jones was a nice player most teams would be fine having, but AJ is a player that high end programs made a focal point. Also, players are different, some want to be pursued, some don't want to be called and followed everyday possible and pressured, as a coaching staff, it's your job to know different personalities and how to handle each player individually to maximize your chances. It's not a one size fits all process.

He's one of the most overrated recruits in MS this year. I could care less about losing him except it stings like hell to lose a good player to OM out of our backyard. I honestly could care less about any perceived production on the field from him. This was a beauty contest, and as usual, Ole Miss kicks our ass at being pretty.

Losing Simmons and Lashley is what hurts. Those are two HUGE difference makers. That will impact W's and L's much, much more than AJ.

Mjoelner34
02-03-2016, 11:37 AM

If that's the case, Mullen needs to play the game or wear a 17ing wire and take down the whole 17ing system and be the last man standing.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-03-2016, 11:39 AM
We simply didn't close the deal.

If this had been OM and Oxford they would have closed the deal. Momma would have a house full of furniture, not to mention possibly a new house, Dad a new truck, AJ a new vehicle of his choice, and all a bank account full of cash. Oh wait...

chef dixon
02-03-2016, 11:42 AM
He's one of the most overrated recruits in MS this year. I could care less about losing him except it stings like hell to lose a good player to OM out of our backyard. I honestly could care less about any perceived production on the field from him. This was a beauty contest, and as usual, Ole Miss kicks our ass at being pretty.

Losing Simmons and Lashley is what hurts. Those are two HUGE difference makers. That will impact W's and L's much, much more than AJ.

AJ is a damn good player.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Yep same thing I heard last week.

Yep- 200K+

I don't claim to know much about recruiting, but i live in Starkville and heard all about this one. It wasn't due to lack of effort. AJ never had much desire to stay in Starkville, but it was BAMA up until yesterday. It's not hard to see what happened here.

shoeless joe
02-03-2016, 12:10 PM

I disagree on lashley

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 12:43 PM

Yep, this is true. He wants the staff to be at fault. This is his decision, and he was told what to say to take heat off of him.

I stated on this board 2 or 3 weeks ago that if he visited OM to look out.

I was shouted down and told he was "secretly" committed to State, but if he choose elsewhere, it would be Bama. I was told by most on here there was NOWAY he would go to Ole Miss.

We have been 3rd awhile.

So believe me this time... the line about our staff not showing him enough recruiting attention, is bullshat.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Ok now that it's over. Let me state my opinion and have shared this with several people.

AJ is a good player. Dang good. This bullcrap about him being the best and most college ready receiver to come out of Mississippi in a long time is just that. Bullcrap. He had to run basically two routes in most games you watch him play. A bubble and a go. So he needs work.

Biggest thing that stands out about him to me is attitude. He has a horrible attitude and is a cry baby. When they lost to Noxubee instead of congratulating Simmons he gets on Twitter and claims Jeff tried to hurt him. Maybe he hit him too hard. Poor thing.

Ole miss got a good football player. A dang good one. But they also got a head case. Best thing that can happen to him is to meet Peters on a crossing route next year.

BossDawg
02-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Robbie Faulk
‏@robbiefaulk247

Translation: "I got a lot of cash n' stuff from UM."

Maroonthirteen
02-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Biggest thing that stands out about him to me is attitude. He has a horrible attitude and is a cry baby. When they lost to Noxubee instead of congratulating Simmons he gets on Twitter and claims Jeff tried to hurt him. Maybe he hit him too hard. Poor thing.

Ole miss got a good football player. A dang good one. But they also got a head case.

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-do-want-like-likes-Matthew-McConaughey-point-this-Wooderson-GIF.gif

chainedup_Dawg
02-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Fact of the matter is if you have to lie to "take heat off yourself" for a decision you make you're obviously not proud and 100 % on your decision.

Be a man about it and say i chose OM because i wanted to go there or something to the effect. Own it, don't be a bi***

Commercecomet24
02-03-2016, 01:54 PM

Yep AJ said what freeze told him to say. It's their typical propaganda crap. He's at our practices every week talks to Mullen and coaches at practice but doesn't feel wanted! That's bs. Guess Kobe and Simmons didn't need to feel wanted. Our fans fall for these lies everytime. Smh

Commercecomet24
02-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Fact of the matter is if you have to lie to "take heat off yourself" for a decision you make you're obviously not proud and 100 % on your decision.

Be a man about it and say i chose OM because i wanted to go there or something to the effect. Own it, don't be a bi***

Yeah he knows there's gonna be heat from this decision so he blames our coaches. Oh and "feel wanted" is code for $$$$

notsofarawaydawg
02-03-2016, 01:57 PM
People get paid a lot to say shit like that. Good ****ing riddance you little bitch.

No TV and no bowl games .. live with it muther****er.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Yep AJ said what freeze told him to say. It's their typical propaganda crap. He's at our practices every week talks to Mullen and coaches at practice but doesn't feel wanted! That's bs. Guess Kobe and Simmons didn't need to feel wanted. Our fans fall for these lies everytime. Smh

Exactly. But even worse, the media believes and hypes that shit, therefore fufilling Freeze and OM's goal, instead of calling these kids out on it.

State's beat writers and fan site guys see him at practice. Call bullshit on him.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Exactly. But even worse, the media believes and hypes that shit, therefore fufilling Freeze and OM's goal, instead of calling these kids out on it.

State's beat writers and fan site guys see him at practice. Call bullshit on him.

Yep ole miss uses the ole George Costanza theory "Remember Jerry it's not a lie if you believe it!" And they use the Jedi mind trick on the media. I'm with you, why won't our writers call them on it. I mean just dang.

mstatefan91
02-03-2016, 02:11 PM
What a line of bullshit. Hope the $$$$$ is worth it in the end AJ.

Bully13
02-03-2016, 02:26 PM
I think we all know why aj signed with tsun. He's being told what to say to try and distract what really happened. We got out networked.

chainedup_Dawg
02-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Yep, our beat writers should call him out on it but guess who's tweeting out his bs excuse....none other than Bonner

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-03-2016, 02:28 PM

North of Cam? Not saying it's not true but it seems hard to believe. AJ is no Cam, not that he couldn't turn out to be but Cam was proven before he got to Booger U. MS already has a good receiver in DK. DK and AJ will be competing for catches for 3 years. Always heard AJ wasn't going to MS because he wanted to be the man. He could have been THE MAN at MSU. He knows how good our QB's are going to be over the next several years. Could have become a legend in his hometown. Don't know what happened but I blame both parties for this....Mullen should have worked his ass off for this commitment and AJ shouldn't have acted like a Prima Donna. AJ should have better sense to know what's going on up there and what's about to happen.

If it did come down to $ then I'm glad Mullen told him to hit the road but if it didn't happen that way then #### Mullen for being too lazy. None of us will probably every know what actually happened except the Browns, Mullen and Bucky.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-03-2016, 02:41 PM
People get paid a lot to say shit like that. Good ****ing riddance you little bitch.

No TV and no bowl games .. live with it muther****er.

They'll be on TV cause not being on TV will hurt the team they're playing but they will have NO BOWLS....

Maroon Blood
02-03-2016, 02:57 PM

It's shocking that you would say this about yourself.

Tbonewannabe
02-03-2016, 03:00 PM
North of Cam? Not saying it's not true but it seems hard to believe. AJ is no Cam, not that he couldn't turn out to be but Cam was proven before he got to Booger U. MS already has a good receiver in DK. DK and AJ will be competing for catches for 3 years. Always heard AJ wasn't going to MS because he wanted to be the man. He could have been THE MAN at MSU. He knows how good our QB's are going to be over the next several years. Could have become a legend in his hometown. Don't know what happened but I blame both parties for this....Mullen should have worked his ass off for this commitment and AJ shouldn't have acted like a Prima Donna. AJ should have better sense to know what's going on up there and what's about to happen.

If it did come down to $ then I'm glad Mullen told him to hit the road but if it didn't happen that way then #### Mullen for being too lazy. None of us will probably every know what actually happened except the Browns, Mullen and Bucky.

Could be the price was driven up? It is completely whatever UM was willing to pay. I am sure the price was inflated due to the guy being from Starkville. It was just another twist of the dagger. The price of the game could have gone up since Cam was recruited. Auburn pretty much opened the floodgates when they got away with buying Cam. More players in the game drive up the price of poker. Unfortunately we don't seem to even be at the table.

Spiderman
02-03-2016, 03:04 PM
It's shocking that you would say this about yourself.

Think you are getting him confused with If You Only Knew.