PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready for a change at head coach

Dawgology
02-03-2016, 10:30 AM
I've been all about building into a solid program but with the way our team has performed against SEC West opponents and the way we are getting our ass handed to us in recruiting I now realize that we have hit a plateau with Mullen. If he wants out so badly that we are losing local kids to Bama and UNM there has to be a change made.

I understand that he has done great things but the writing is on the wall. It's time to pull the plug and give Hudspeth a call. We need someone who wants to be here. Someone who will put in the extra effort.

This is a sad day in Mullen's tenure because it will be remembered as the day that the tides officially shifted. If next years on-the-field coaching is anything equal to the effort put forth by this staff in recruiting then we will be lucky to go to a bowl game.

Meanwhile, our rivals are signing top five classes and stealing from our backyard. Let that sink in for a minute. Bama and UNM will be playing for championships and we will be playing to get bowl eligible in a few years.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Out worked country club ****s. The son of a bitches don't work hard enough. Recruiting is about effort and Mullen doesn't have it.

PendingTransaction
02-03-2016, 10:35 AM
Hugh has to beat him 2 more times. So it will happen late November 2017.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 10:36 AM
And Hudspeth ain't the answer so get off that ****ing trash.

Bothrops
02-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Let's just see what he does on the field this year, but this could be a sign of a HDN-like decline. Mullen ****ed up by pursuing others jobs.

Dawgology
02-03-2016, 10:39 AM

Why not? Honestly, just wondering.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Because we are in the sec and there are plenty of guys with better cache out there that would run to this job. Go back and read after egg bowl. It was argued ad nauseum there.

Coach34
02-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Why not? Honestly, just wondering.

Hudspeth has already been told he will never be the HC at State. Its not gonna happen

BulldogBear
02-03-2016, 10:47 AM
^This

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-03-2016, 10:49 AM
If we have a coaching change it's going to be because we fired his ass. Nobody else is going to offer him a job. Win 10 and then win 9 and nobody worth a shit comes calling. It sure as hell not going to happen now.

PendingTransaction
02-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Hudspeth has already been told he will never be the HC at State. Its not gonna happen

Not so fast, my friend!

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Hudspeth is the country club Scott Stricklin easy way out hire. **** that shit. I want new fiery blood.

Coursesuper
02-03-2016, 10:58 AM
If we have a coaching change it's going to be because we fired his ass. Nobody else is going to offer him a job. Win 10 and then win 9 and nobody worth a shit comes calling. It sure as hell not going to happen now.

They all know he is a fvcking prick.

GreenheadDawg
02-03-2016, 11:13 AM
He needs to be fired. Now. 4 million for this shit. You get called out for being a lazy recruiter. You ****ing piece of shit. I want him gone. NOW

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Lots of folks late to the game on this. But no some of us just had an agenda and "oh but look what he's done." ****ing idiots.

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-03-2016, 11:19 AM
I want Brohm at Western Kentucky or Kendal Briles at Baylor.

AlSwearengen
02-03-2016, 11:24 AM
I want to hear what some of the talking heads have to say about Mullen and co. losing all of the studs that we had in our backyard. Of course, it will be our luck that they will praise bucky and not call out Mullen.

gtowndawg
02-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Same here. As a business owner, I look at where I'm trending not what I've done in the past. And I've seen nothing since last fall that makes me think we are trending up. Nothing whatsoever. Scott will do nothing, we all know that, so we the fans have to simply sit back and take it now the Mstate way.

edited to add: before I hear the #1 talk, history will show that had much more to do with a once in a lifetime special player and leader (Dak), not Dan.

HaggardDawg
02-03-2016, 11:25 AM
I keep hearing, "no coach would want to come here if we fire a guy that just won 9 and 10 games". I think that's wrong. Coaches around the country know Dan Mullen. They know he's an arrogant a$$ that rubs everyone the wrong way. They know his assistants hate coaching under him because of his favoritism to dead weight assistants. They realize that in spite of his success, he also severely handicaps the program. That's why I would feel confident in getting a good replacement....should we hire a search firm to handle the hire. Tony, Melvin, and Keonning to an extent were good at offsetting Dans personality difficiencies to kids families. Not counting the new coaches because I know nothing about them, but David Turner and Billy Gonzales are the only coaches like the previously mentioned coaches that has that personality to offset Dan.

MrKotter
02-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Lots of folks late to the game on this. But no some of us just had an agenda and "oh but look what he's done." ****ing idiots.
You mean like when a few of us were calling for fatass Hevesy's head a couple years back and f-ing idiots like you deleted post and kept singing his praises?

Sacrifice
02-03-2016, 11:38 AM
I'm starting to feel like we have s Jeff Bower situation here. Somebody that's gonna win enough to keep half our fan base happy but never take us to the next level. #DanBower

bulldawg28
02-03-2016, 11:41 AM
You guys are pathetic. Nigel Knott already kicked down the notion that State spent countless hours working to get him. Even more than other coaches. But by all means don't allow me to interrupt your weeping party.

dawgs
02-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Same here. As a business owner, I look at where I'm trending not what I've done in the past. And I've seen nothing since last fall that makes me think we are trending up. Nothing whatsoever. Scott will do nothing, we all know that, so we the fans have to simply sit back and take it now the Mstate way.

edited to add: before I hear the #1 talk, history will show that had much more to do with a once in a lifetime special player and leader (Dak), not Dan.

I'll be honest, there's been a seriously bad trend since the auburn game in 2014 that sent us to #1. Since that game, it's like Mullen just let go and stopped coaching. Yeah we were #1 for 5 weeks, but we played like shit most of those 5 weeks and ultimately got punched in the mouth by bama a few times before we woke up too late and got embarrassed by ole miss, and again in the orange bowl by gt.

I seen it dawg
02-03-2016, 12:13 PM
You mean like when a few of us were calling for fatass Hevesy's head a couple years back and f-ing idiots like you deleted post and kept singing his praises?

Load of shit. **** off

TrapGame
02-03-2016, 12:25 PM
I'll be honest, there's been a seriously bad trend since the auburn game in 2014 that sent us to #1. Since that game, it's like Mullen just let go and stopped coaching. Yeah we were #1 for 5 weeks, but we played like shit most of those 5 weeks and ultimately got punched in the mouth by bama a few times before we woke up too late and got embarrassed by ole miss, and again in the orange bowl by gt.

Mullen hasn't coached worth a shit since 2009-2010. He coached like a man possessed back then. Since 2011 he's been on cruise control. He thinks an 8-4 season every year will keep him employed while he looks for other jobs and half-ass recruits.