PDA

View Full Version : So in the end the NCAA investigation is going to have zero effect on OM?

Irondawg
02-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Impressive if it not only turns out that way but they also end up selling AJ

lastmajordog
02-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Coach 34 called for minimal or little effect.....

OSCAR
02-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Was released too quickly by Forde in panic and was picked apart as click bait. If he had just added more facts(even though it sounded worse or more damning without them) it would have had more credibility and traction. The fact that he omitted key facts made it look agenda driven. Instead it gave them an opportunity to rewrite it with facts and spin the perception. Forde rushed it and it cost us.

engie
02-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Was released too quickly by Forde in panic and was picked apart as click bait. If he had just added more facts(even though it sounded worse or more damning without them) it would have had more credibility and traction. The fact that he omitted key facts made it look agenda driven. Instead it gave them an opportunity to rewrite it with facts and spin the perception. Forde rushed it and it cost us.

So what "facts" did Forde get wrong?

OSCAR
02-03-2016, 08:35 AM
Monday was the day to release it and he should not have been misleading by omission. I will say that it might have been as much or more the fault of yahoos editors wanting clicks. It's just frustrating. He hates the Bears, which made it seem like a logical choice for the story but I wish we'd given it to someone else. Hindsight is 20/20 though. Ok off my soap box.

Irondawg
02-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Here's my thing. The NCAA letter which has a real shot at impacting sanctions is having less impact than our coach looking around this offseason. Les miles was virtually fired, Gus bus is a mediocre year away from getting fired as might be butch Davis and it's not impacting those guys in the slightest it seems

engie
02-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Monday was the day to release it and he should not have been misleading by omission. I will say that it might have been as much or more the fault of yahoos editors wanting clicks. It's just frustrating. He hates the Bears, which made it seem like a logical choice for the story but I wish we'd given it to someone else. Hindsight is 20/20 though. Ok off my soap box.

Why would releasing it this Monday have any greater impact than releasing last Friday?

And again -- what was wrong or misleading?

OSCAR
02-03-2016, 08:40 AM
He didn't get any wrong but it was picked apart by some national guys for portraying the way he did. Many were critical he didn't gather facts about how involved or not football was before leading the story with it. I'm just frustrated it didn't have more impact. I just think it would have had more, written differently. I might be wrong.

OSCAR
02-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Think about it. It gave them all weekend to regroup before a dead period. Monday morning was the time to leak it.

woozman
02-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Why would releasing it this Monday have any greater impact than releasing last Friday?

Allowed Freezus to explain away the letter face to face with the recruits on their big weekend. Wait and drop that Sunday afternoon or Monday morning and he is trying to do so over the phone during the quiet or dead periods.

SDDawg
02-03-2016, 08:50 AM
It ain't over yet.

jumbo
02-03-2016, 08:56 AM
LULZ. That 4 star RB Penneman sent his LOI to Arkansas

GumpDawg
02-03-2016, 08:58 AM

What are the odds his momma sent one to OM? Haha

RIdog
02-03-2016, 09:17 AM

Fake .

Political Hack
02-03-2016, 09:21 AM

Friday is when you release bad news about yourself. Monday is when big news is usually released because it stays in the news cycle longer. People quit paying attention over the weekend and the story dies. Friday is the best day for bad news to break and then go away. It's PR 101.

engie
02-03-2016, 09:25 AM
Friday is when you release bad news about yourself. Monday is when big news is usually released because it stays in the news cycle longer. People quit paying attention over the weekend and the story dies. Friday is the best day for bad news to break and then go away. It's PR 101.

So now we think Forde should be in the bag for timing his stuff for maximum effect of the school in question? Bunch of sour grapes in this thread.

ckDOG
02-03-2016, 09:30 AM
This is maroon tinted glasses logic. At MSU, bad news is an immediate impact and good news takes 2 years to reap the benefits.

Tough Dawg
02-03-2016, 09:40 AM
A 17ing Ole Miss centric thread on NSD. You guys really do care more about what's going on at OM than what's going on in Starkville. Pathetic. Wonder why you get called the "the little brother"? It's like OM scored the touchdown on the playground during recess, so your pissed and took your ball and went home.

Tough Dawg
02-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Ok. I apologize. My anger cup runneth over from NSD. I don't care anymore.

BulldogBear
02-03-2016, 09:44 AM
If it's having little effect, then read between the lines. It's more smoke. It illustrates that they're being motivated by something other than school or getting to the league or a pretty campus. Every SEC school can give you all three. IOW, the low impact just means it's true. They are buying players and I doubt half of this year's class will be there two years from now.

Bubb Rubb
02-03-2016, 09:48 AM

Troll on, brutha