PDA

View Full Version : 2 chances to shoot a 3-ball when its needed...

Coach34
02-02-2016, 11:26 PM
and our guys drive the lane. Hooooo-leeeee-shit.

Please let Ready transfer to Delta State or somewhere. Wow. Just wow.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-02-2016, 11:26 PM
YES. Ready is a selfish prick

CJDAWG85
02-02-2016, 11:40 PM
Ready and Sword are the 2 worst players we have on the team. Our freshmen, who have carried us lately, only get one shot at the basket in OT and that was a break away lay up.

I've never seen players have an IQ lower than the bricks they throw up.

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Sword has frustrated me the most by far. I am only tuning in to watch the freshmen.

msstate7
02-02-2016, 11:45 PM
Sword has frustrated me the most by far. I am only tuning in to watch the freshmen.

Then you wasted a couple hours tonight

messageboardsuperhero
02-02-2016, 11:46 PM
Ready has the worst crunch time IQ on the team, but Sword has to have him beat in terms of overall basketball smarts. He is totally clueless unless he's driving all the way to the basketball to either finish or dish it to Ware- but even then he'll just dribble it off his leg or do some other dumb thing half the time.

What frustrates me the most is that we can't even get a shot off in these close games. How are you supposed to win these games if you don't even give yourself a chance? Part of that is on Howland, but when you're out of timeouts and put the ball in the hands of your third year starting point guard you expect him to at least understand that you need a three there.

messageboardsuperhero
02-02-2016, 11:49 PM
Then you wasted a couple hours tonight

They could have been more aggressive, but Johnson dedicated their entire defense to stopping Newman and Weatherspoon- hence why Ware was one-on-one all night long.

Bottom line is we need to play more consistent defense and stop doing dumb shit like drive into a crowded paint with no plan or giving away possessions at the end of games offensively.

MarketingBully
02-02-2016, 11:52 PM
How did you like the Sword brick three when if he makes the extra pass Newman was wide open and begging for the ball to his left. If I was Howland, I would be counting my days until this senior class + Ready is out of here. They are just plain bad...

CJDAWG85
02-02-2016, 11:52 PM
Stop trying dissect this shit. You can't fix stupid. No one can win these morons. I trust the freshmen way more in the clutch at this point.

MarketingBully
02-02-2016, 11:53 PM
We also have to have the record for most last possessions without a shot because of a turnover. That one is a Chicken special I will not miss.

dawgoneyall
02-03-2016, 12:46 AM
and our guys drive the lane. Hooooo-leeeee-shit.

Please let Ready transfer to Delta State or somewhere. Wow. Just wow.

Those 2 drives were pure brilliance. Just didn't work. ***

MarketingBully
02-03-2016, 12:54 AM
Howland wanted Ready/Thomas to shoot the three with 7 seconds to go. The drive was all Ready. He also said Ready could have shot the ball at the end of regulation instead of driving to the basket and how it ended. The Ready drives were all Ready. Howland didn't draw those up.

ScoobaDawg
02-03-2016, 01:39 AM
cant be any clearer without throwing a player under the bus...

Howland "I thought Fred should have taken the three, down three. Probably better to attempt the three with that little time left."

Hattdawg
02-03-2016, 08:25 AM
How did you like the Sword brick three when if he makes the extra pass Newman was wide open and begging for the ball to his left. If I was Howland, I would be counting my days until this senior class + Ready is out of here. They are just plain bad...

Newman was waving his arms like he was stranded on an island and sword just said 17 it, I will shoot.

djaymsu5
02-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Sword is always so damn out of control and turns the ball over more than anybody. He's so streaky but he does more bad than good IMO.

Bubb Rubb
02-03-2016, 09:45 AM
I didn't have a problem with the first one - cut it to one, and send them to the line with 9 seconds left...you're extending the game.

The second one was stupid. He's got to kick it out to Q or Newman....both were at the three point line with moss growing on them.

This game is proof that the old adage about rebuilding teams is true: Before you can win, you have to learn how to win.

Tbonewannabe
02-03-2016, 09:52 AM
I didn't have a problem with the first one - cut it to one, and send them to the line with 9 seconds left...you're extending the game.

The second one was stupid. He's got to kick it out to Q or Newman....both were at the three point line with moss growing on them.

This game is proof that the old adage about rebuilding teams is true: Before you can win, you have to learn how to win.

Well we have certainly learned how to shit the bed in crunch time. If I was Howland, I might pull IJ and Sword in the last 2 minutes of every game. As far as I know you can't dribble it off your leg from the bench.

tcdog70
02-03-2016, 10:02 AM
i have been a huge critic of Ready. But I thought he played a good game right up to crunch time. Then the old IJ stepped up. The glaring mistake was we needed a stop badly. the big Belgian has the Ball and Ready is guarding Him, he laughed all the way to the easy basket. But we would be laughing and telling jokes if Chicken would have just made His free throws.