PDA

View Full Version : There is really no reason to panic because

cheewgumm
02-02-2016, 11:14 PM
We have 4 OOC games. We can beat 2 East teams.

Then we just sneak up on one West team.

That's 7 wins. Just keep getting 7 wins and building , going to bowls, and we can reap the rewards in recruiting.

These are the golden years.

dawggoneit
02-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Building is the key word.

BeardoMSU
02-02-2016, 11:22 PM
I hope you forgot the sarcasterisks.....

dawgoneyall
02-02-2016, 11:26 PM
We have 4 OOC games. We can beat 2 East teams.

Then we just sneak up on one West team.

That's 7 wins. Just keep getting 7 wins and building , going to bowls, and we can reap the rewards in recruiting.

These are the golden years.

Here I'll help. ************************

RougeDawg
02-02-2016, 11:30 PM
7 wins will be a huge disappointment at this point in The Recruiter's tenure, especially after 5 weeks at #1 and 19 wins over 2 seasons.

Todd4State
02-02-2016, 11:31 PM
Dan better find a way to beat Ole Miss this year.

RougeDawg
02-02-2016, 11:36 PM

Until he finds his "give a shit" we aren't beating anyone we aren't supposed to again. I picked up on his attitude of complacency last season after Auburn game and have continued to harp upon it. Apparently the recruits and opposing coaches have also picked up on it and we are seeing the end results of it on and off the field.

Bully13
02-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Being 2nd fiddle in Mississippi to a team named Ole Miss seems ok to me. Getting kicked by them gives me Vaught orgasms.

GumpDawg
02-02-2016, 11:44 PM
7 wins will be a huge disappointment at this point in The Recruiter's tenure, especially after 5 weeks at #1 and 19 wins over 2 seasons.

Should we label him the "play caller" because the other is an insult to stans who actually could recruit lol

mstatefan91
02-02-2016, 11:55 PM
Should we label him the "play caller" because the other is an insult to stans who actually could recruit lol

I prefer The Hunchback of Starkville, but that's just me.

Todd4State
02-03-2016, 12:08 AM
Until he finds his "give a shit" we aren't beating anyone we aren't supposed to again. I picked up on his attitude of complacency last season after Auburn game and have continued to harp upon it. Apparently the recruits and opposing coaches have also picked up on it and we are seeing the end results of it on and off the field.

Absolutely agree. That's what I was talking about in November after the Egg Bowl. It's very obvious.

Next season could be interesting. But I'm afraid we both know how it's going to turn out.

MarketingBully
02-03-2016, 12:18 AM

Say what you will about Stans but no one out worked him in recruiting. No one out works us in recruiting in baseball or basketball. Howland and Cohen are tireless recruiters who will get year in and year out top 10 classes every year and from now on. They also have back up plans with players who are usually as close to as good as their misses are. I love how we recruit in baseball and basketball.

archdog
02-03-2016, 12:35 AM
Trying to think positive here, there is not reason why we should not be recruiting 2017 and 2018 right now every day, every hour, every opportunity. If a prospect has a spelling bee, Dan Mullen better be there. If someone somewhere is doing anything, MSU fans with MSU gear better be there with a clip board. We need people at every high school football game, scrimmage, etc every week for 2 years. Negativity like the negative slants you guys are throwing out about this and that, "the Recruiter" bullshit needs to stop and I mean yesterday.

There is a time to be negative, but the manner in which characters are attacked here makes it really easy pickings for other coaches. This year especially when combined with Finebaum repeating over and over again about Mullen leaving. F Finebaum. Mullen is still here you asshat. Mullen is going to be here. Every flippin year someone links mullen to a job. He hasn't left yet. Even with the constant assault from our OWN fans. We highlight his faults just as much as UM does, but it actually has weight when we say it. Yet he is still here. This year may be the moment our fanbase will get behind our coach. Maybe.

I have changed my tune over the past 3 months. I will no longer discuss problems over and over, instead I am talking solutions.

Leroy Jenkins
02-03-2016, 01:53 AM
Trying to think positive here, there is not reason why we should not be recruiting 2017 and 2018 right now every day, every hour, every opportunity. If a prospect has a spelling bee, Dan Mullen better be there. If someone somewhere is doing anything, MSU fans with MSU gear better be there with a clip board. We need people at every high school football game, scrimmage, etc every week for 2 years. Negativity like the negative slants you guys are throwing out about this and that, "the Recruiter" bullshit needs to stop and I mean yesterday.

There is a time to be negative, but the manner in which characters are attacked here makes it really easy pickings for other coaches. This year especially when combined with Finebaum repeating over and over again about Mullen leaving. F Finebaum. Mullen is still here you asshat. Mullen is going to be here. Every flippin year someone links mullen to a job. He hasn't left yet. Even with the constant assault from our OWN fans. We highlight his faults just as much as UM does, but it actually has weight when we say it. Yet he is still here. This year may be the moment our fanbase will get behind our coach. Maybe.

I have changed my tune over the past 3 months. I will no longer discuss problems over and over, instead I am talking solutions.

Who is the ONE person that could put an end to all the annual "leaving talk" instantly? Why does that person not speak out?

Bothrops
02-03-2016, 01:57 AM
We will beat Arkansas, and we should have a good chance to beat Auburn and A&M.

ScottH
02-03-2016, 02:07 AM
Say what you will about Stans but no one out worked him in recruiting. No one out works us in recruiting in baseball or basketball. Howland and Cohen are tireless recruiters who will get year in and year out top 10 classes every year and from now on. They also have back up plans with players who are usually as close to as good as their misses are. I love how we recruit in baseball and basketball.

Howland is Elite. Mullen is an rank amateur in comparison.

He is bringing 6 of the top 100 players in the country to Stark Vegas. Instead of "woe is me... you can't recruit to Stark Vegas." He put Korey's and George's asses in the road and gave them a pro Starkville sales pitch that would work. And it did.

And will keep working.

We should give some of Mullen's way too high salary to Howland to run the football recruiting. However, I have no doubt Mullen would tell you today he knows more about recruiting than Howland.

state66
02-03-2016, 02:07 AM
Haha beat ole miss. Those ****ers are turning into a damn power house if you havent noticed while dan sits back and twittles his thumbs.

ScottH
02-03-2016, 02:41 AM
Who is the ONE person that could put an end to all the annual "leaving talk" instantly? Why does that person not speak out?

The question Mullen apologists refuse to address.

Dawgface
02-03-2016, 07:10 AM

Ha. At OM? Won't happen.

BulldogBear
02-03-2016, 09:40 AM
The question Mullen apologists refuse to address.
Yep, and normally I'd leave him be about it. But I'm getting to the point where unless I'm pleasantly surprised today, it's time for him to lay it rest. He used to not address jobs. Times have changed. He needs to.