PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Dupree called Finebaum today and talked recrootin...

Taog Redloh
02-02-2016, 10:10 PM
When asked about instate pressure, he said that, "Mississippi State wasn't winning...., Ole Miss wasn't winning......Southern Miss was the only team dominating in Mississippi...." Now, I wasn't old enough to keep up with that crootment, but I saw the 30 for 30. A quick look at history shows that 1980 and 1981 (seasons leading up to his signing) were a couple of our best ever, complete with a win over #1. Strangely similar to right now. And we STILL could not sign the big instate guy, just like now.

What is it about football at MSU? It seems the better we do, the less momentum we gain. Then we cycle downward because we can't capitalize. Then we start over.

99jc
02-02-2016, 10:17 PM
I saw Marcus right before he signed with Oklahoma he actually had made a visit that day to our coaching staff. It was all about the money the Sooners had paid him $$$$and he was driving a brand new Mercedes that he already had received. I new he was going to Oklahoma that day. I wish I could have called in to finebaum and asked him what he did with the car.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Bobby Collins was the coach at USM at that time. I'll attach his Wiki page and let you read the first three sentences and you'll know why USM was the only team winning in Miss. for a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Collins_(American_football)