PDA

View Full Version : Current and Former Players

Really Clark?
02-02-2016, 09:23 PM
I will say that as things look for tomorrow they have definitely taken to social media to try and refocus the fan base. Tobias really saying a good bit positive about what the program is and what the players who are here and will sign are about. Calling out some in way to.

"Everybody is not cut out to be a Dawg..." "Takes a blue collar, lunch pail type guy to go there and stay. The program was not built by prima donnas. It was built by guys that work hard and are willing to play as hard as they can, every play..." "State fans, it's ok if players go elsewhere. The ones that do sign are going to work hard and be ready to compete with whoever we play.."

IMissJack
02-02-2016, 09:27 PM
What would you say if OM posted this?

IMissJack
02-02-2016, 09:27 PM

Desperate.

Op4isabitch
02-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Here's what drives me nutts. We know what this program could be IF we could just get the big uglies that we need for the trenches.

We have almost all of the pieces, we just really need the couple of missing ones.

I wish we could round up about 6 Tobias Smiths and put them in ******* lap.

Really Clark?
02-02-2016, 09:30 PM

What? I was just posting what he said. Didn't make any comments about it. Other than he was being positive and pointing out what he believes the program is about. I didn't make any type of spin or say all is well.

Really Clark?
02-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Desperate.

Reaching dude

BrunswickDawg
02-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Bump, Jamar Cheney, and Leo are all saying similar things too.

IMissJack
02-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Reaching dude

I'm just saying that we are collectively looking, "searching" for any positive news whatsoever. The fact that our players have to post something like this tells everyone that the fan base is on edge and desperate for some good news.

Political Hack
02-02-2016, 09:42 PM
It's not "positive news," it's an outlook that our program is not built on five star recruits. It's built on 2, 3, and 4 star guys that are ready to go to work.

I like seeing our players take an active role on this. Nice to see them still engaged after they've went on to make it big.

BeardoMSU
02-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Maybe we can get Renardo to play LT***

Really Clark?
02-02-2016, 09:44 PM
I'm just saying that we are collectively looking, "searching" for any positive news whatsoever. The fact that our players have to post something like this tells everyone that the fan base is on edge and desperate for some good news.

It was recently in my tweeter feed. Thought it was interesting perspective from players about the program. I didn't go searching for anything. And no doubt the players realize what the fans are saying. I do think we get so caught up with guys that haven't done anything yet that it sours players who are here putting the work for our program. But that is an interesting similarity with recruits wanting to be recognized as well. Just from a different angle. I also enjoy seeing the players buy in to this program (no matter who is coaching) even after they have left.

dawgs
02-02-2016, 09:53 PM
It's not "positive news," it's an outlook that our program is not built on five star recruits. It's built on 2, 3, and 4 star guys that are ready to go to work.

I like seeing our players take an active role on this. Nice to see them still engaged after they've went on to make it big.

And we'll continue to get curb stomped by bama and OM (and probably a&m, lsu, auburn, and Arkansas) more often than not if we keep "building" the program out of primarily 2-3* guys (and low 3* guys like half our class are the 2* guys of yesteryear before crootin sites becomes big moneymakers). Point out all the exceptions you want and I'll point out the consensus every time.

Homedawg
02-02-2016, 09:58 PM

You make it sound like 5 star guys can't work??? Hog wash. Maybe some don't. But it's not all inclusive. Give me some and I'll try.

HoopsDawg
02-02-2016, 10:02 PM

And that mentality is another reason why we suck at recruiting. That and the perception that we don't start the young guys. Chris Jones didn't start until his junior year and you better believe that was used against us.