PDA

View Full Version : So if Bama is raiding MS, why aren't we signing their 3 star type 'grinders'?

Taog Redloh
02-02-2016, 05:07 PM
An easy search on 247 yields a few uncommitted CB-type athletes, a few OL. We got the WR Couch so that's good.

The only logical way to weather this onslaught is to sign guys in their state they overlook. What is our backup plan?

Liverpooldawg
02-02-2016, 05:10 PM
An easy search on 247 yields a few uncommitted CB-type athletes, a few OL. We got the WR Couch so that's good.

The only logical way to weather this onslaught is to sign guys in their state they overlook. What is our backup plan?

THIS is how winners think. Gloom and despair gets you nothing.

Saltydog
02-02-2016, 05:11 PM
over the years?

msstate7
02-02-2016, 05:13 PM
over the years? We'v

We've lost 2 development guys the last 2 days to bama. Knott and lashley will have to be developed... They have very high ceilings though

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Pretty simple answer when our couch has one foot out the door. His silence during the job rumors killed us.

Taog Redloh
02-02-2016, 05:16 PM
We've lost 2 development guys the last 2 days to bama. Knott and lashley will have to be developed... They have very high ceilings though
Agree on this. Typically the only guys ready to play as freshmen are the 5 star guys, by and large. Of course, this actually bodes well for us, because we should be able to find adequate replacements.

TUSK
02-02-2016, 05:16 PM

Goat, yall oughta look at WR Chris Black and RB Tyren Jones... both those cats are bigtime (5* types) and looking for a place to light...

Statecoachingblows**
02-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Goat, yall oughta look at WR Chris Black and RB Tyren Jones... both those cats are bigtime (5* types) and looking for a place to light...

You interested in a job on an SEC west staff?****

GumpDawg
02-02-2016, 05:20 PM

Didn't Black already announce he is going to Mizzou?

TUSK
02-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Didn't Black already announce he is going to Mizzou?

Yes, but it's not a done deal and I think he'd reconsider... also, Tyren didn't get in to SCe... he's still out there.

TUSK
02-02-2016, 05:25 PM
You interested in a job on an SEC west staff?****

this cat lives "next door" to me... want I should put in a good word?*

http://247sports.com/Player/Ben-Davis-64419

Saltydog
02-02-2016, 05:25 PM
y'all can argue over who has the best class. We need Vandy fans over here now to make us feel better. That's where we're at these days.

cheewgumm
02-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Tusk is pointing at what should be our new recruiting strategy.

Just do nothing until near NSD them try to pick up scraps as time runs out.

Saltydog
02-02-2016, 05:30 PM
players with high ceilings.

Tripp McNeely
02-02-2016, 05:34 PM

That's the REALLY weird part. We probably can't find an OT as good as Scott Lashley to add the day before signing day, but there are some that we could probably flip that are half a step behind him...but would still be 2 year starter-types, and you don't see ANY late movement from our staff. If everybody qualifies, and there is ZERO more attrition, we sit at 80 players on our roster for next year. I am disappointed and can accept defeat...what I can't understand is not going out and trying to replace "that guy" with somebody that you can develop...somebody help me!!

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-02-2016, 08:27 PM
That's the REALLY weird part. We probably can't find an OT as good as Scott Lashley to add the day before signing day, but there are some that we could probably flip that are half a step behind him...but would still be 2 year starter-types, and you don't see ANY late movement from our staff. If everybody qualifies, and there is ZERO more attrition, we sit at 80 players on our roster for next year. I am disappointed and can accept defeat...what I can't understand is not going out and trying to replace "that guy" with somebody that you can develop...somebody help me!!

Exactly! In Hevesey we trust!******************************************** ************************