PDA

View Full Version : I think we need to go ahead and know what's going on

Dawgology
02-02-2016, 04:42 PM
I don't want any rumors or "we'll talk about it tomorrow" stuff because that isn't going to impact the train wreck one bit.

Whatever happened needs to be put out there. The administration needs to know that the fans are aware of it as this dumpster burns tomorrow.

Folks need to be held accountable. We are dropping millions of dollars into a football program for this level of ineptitude.

There is absolutely not one reason to keep this under wraps any further. We will sign 16-18 with a few walk-ons. Total and utter epic failure by our staff.

BB30
02-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Yea I am usually in the sunshine pumping optimism category and there is absolutely no way to spin this. Just a frustrating year all around.

dawgclub99
02-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Hopefully the real reasons why will come out after signing day.

HaggardDawg
02-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Agreed. I have absolutely zero confidence in Scott doing this but he needs to tell Dan that if he agrees to talk with one single program next season and immediately afterwards, he's fired period. Contract obligations be damned. I guarandamntee these other coaches are using this against us, as they should.

msudawg1200
I don't want any rumors or "we'll talk about it tomorrow" stuff because that isn't going to impact the train wreck one bit.

Whatever happened needs to be put out there. The administration needs to know that the fans are aware of it as this dumpster burns tomorrow.

Folks need to be held accountable. We are dropping millions of dollars into a football program for this level of ineptitude.

There is absolutely not one reason to keep this under wraps any further. We will sign 16-18 with a few walk-ons. Total and utter epic failure by our staff.

I keep hearing this is a "bridge" class. We knew we'd sign a smaller class. My question is just because it's smaller does it have to be less talented? That being said maybe this class will surprise in a few years. But man, losing Lashley stings. Maybe there will be better news this time tomorrow.

Liverpooldawg
19 wins over two years at MSU and it's a dumpster fire? Insanity. A kid choose Bama over MSU...........wonders never cease. I hate recruiting season for the same reasons I hate beauty contests.

Liverpooldawg
02-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Interesting post counts here.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Come on guys, save this stuff for after signing day. We all know that situations like this in the past have worked in our favor.*******

Dawgology
02-02-2016, 05:12 PM
I think it should be put out there now. As the dominoes fall tomorrow everyone on our coaching staff and in admin needs to know that we know why this is happening. I've heard we were outworked. How? What does this mean? Does this mean that our football staff didn't visit and continually contact the four elite prospects in our back yard? If not, why? Has Mullen's constant job shopping finally landed us in this mess? If so, what is the administration going to do about this?

I'll tell you what I did recently with an employee. She has been job shopping for a while now although we have met almost every request she has had, given her numerous amenities and made her one of the if not THE highest paid person in north Mississippi that does what she does with her level of experience. She's interviewed twice in the past four months and has put in for at least 3 other positions that I know if in the past 6 months. We have a great working relationship but still she does this and she will, on occasion, joke about leaving if she doesn't get what she wants. So I went out and hired her replacement this week. Didn't announce it just hired someone with her same educational background and assigned her to teach her everything she knows. Left it at that. It's amazing what a little motivation can do.

You see, if people are good at their jobs they begin to think they can do whatever they want and hold their ability to do a certain task over your head. Anyone can be replaced. It might not be an easy transition but you can get the same or better results from many different people. You just have to empower them but them make sure they don't get complacent.

Mullen is replaceable. Or...he decides he wants to be here.

GreenheadDawg
02-02-2016, 05:14 PM
19 wins over two years at MSU and it's a dumpster fire? Insanity. A kid choose Bama over MSU...........wonders never cease. I hate recruiting season for the same reasons I hate beauty contests.

I thought all the sunshine pumpers stay on Gene's page. Why God did we get stuck with you? Why God? Please go away

t45fixer
02-02-2016, 05:14 PM
We're getting beat by letting our guard down simple. Each recruit that we thought we would get but not are saying they see more of one coach than the other. This coach has left a better impression on me than this one. Mullen has left a bad taste in a few of these guys. How do you fix it? Quit freaking whining about how sleazy a coach is and be on campus when these kids are on the official visit.

Dawgology
02-02-2016, 05:15 PM

Dumpster fire of a recruiting class...particularly of the local elite players we had. If you don't see something is broken in recruiting this year then I don't know what to say....hahaha

Dawgology
02-02-2016, 05:15 PM
double post

Dawgology
02-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Interesting post counts here.

Yeah, we're all UNM fans upset about Lashley not signing with MSU. Honestly, at this point what do we have to lose with airing our anger? We gonna lose another elite player? Nope. We've already lost them all.

klong-dog
02-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Who gives a shit about post counts? It's not a dumpster atm but it's seriously headed that way. Guess we can be content with a 6-8 win seasons. Losing recruits late in the game is one thing but losing them in your own back yard, to your 2 biggest rivals, is a serious issue. I do think it's safe to say, there is something going on behind the scenes.

MadDawg
02-02-2016, 05:19 PM

I heard someone say it best. Recruiting season is like one very long episode of the Bachelor.

Dawgology
02-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Who gives a shit about post counts? It's not a dumpster atm but it's seriously headed that way. Guess we can be content with a 6-8 win season. Losing recruits late in the game is one thing but losing them in your own back yard to your 2 biggest rivals is a serious issue. I do think it's safe to say, there is something going on behind the scenes.

Exactly! These are guys that should have been locked in 6 months ago. That is a major mistake by our staff. Major.

GreenheadDawg
02-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Who gives a shit about post counts? It's not a dumpster atm but it's seriously headed that way. Guess we can be content with a 6-8 win season. Losing recruits late in the game is one thing but losing them in your own back yard to your 2 biggest rivals is a serious issue. I do think it's safe to say, there is something going on behind the scenes.

He's doesn't care about any of that. We are undefeated against SWAC and C-USA teams and were #1 in the country mane!!!!

HoopsDawg
02-02-2016, 05:22 PM
All that's going on is we are getting our ass handed to us in recruiting. We have no coaches on staff with MS high school ties other than Tbuck who just joined. Mullen looked around for jobs and it is being used against us. Mullen doesn't love recruiting and it filters down to everyone else. Hev admits he hates recruiting and guys like Hev and Sallach can't win over decision makers in MS.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-02-2016, 05:26 PM
All that's going on is we are getting our ass handed to us in recruiting. We have no coaches on staff with MS high school ties other than Tbuck who just joined. Mullen looked around for jobs and it is being used against us. Mullen doesn't love recruiting and it filters down to everyone else. Hev admits he hates recruiting and guys like Hev and Sallach can't win over decision makers in MS.

Yep, the truth is hard to swallow sometimes. We're lazy recruiters and don't go the extra mile it takes to kiss ass.

PendingTransaction
02-02-2016, 05:32 PM
The only "closer" we had is now at JSU. We sure could have used old, sleepy, washed-up Melvin.

MarketingBully
02-02-2016, 05:34 PM

This makes sense. Some coaches aren't good at recruiting. If you are a smart head coach and you aren't good at recruiting, you surround yourself with coaches who love recruiting. The problem here is Mullen hasn't surrounded himself with great recruiters on top of him not being a great recruiter. Take Hughes and Sleepy leaving when they did and you have a perfect storm of suck.

HSVDawg
02-02-2016, 05:36 PM
I keep hearing this is a "bridge" class. We knew we'd sign a smaller class. My question is just because it's smaller does it have to be less talented? That being said maybe this class will surprise in a few years. But man, losing Lashley stings. Maybe there will be better news this time tomorrow.

Its not a bridge class. We have between 21 and 23 open scholarship positions depending on what happens with Walley and Dez Harris. And we currently have 14 commitments who will actually be here in the fall. Porter and Gooden are guaranteed to be JUCO bound. How we fill the other 7 to 9 spots? Who the **** knows?

dawgs
02-02-2016, 05:42 PM

Part of preventing a dumpster from burning down the whole damn thing is seeing there's a dumpster and taking steps to put it out. Our recruiting this cycle, the cycle following us being #1 in the damn country for 5 weeks when selling elite recruits on msu should have never been easier, has been an undeniable dumpster fire. It's not 1 recruit picking bama over us, it's that this is just another failure in a string of failures for this recruiting cycle. And if we don't take steps to start correcting things asap we are going to burn the whole thing down back to croom level, because that's the kinda recruits we are signing this year. Beating out the likes of bowling green and Indiana for "studs".

Whoever said that if Mullen seriously considers/interviews for another job should be fired immediately is right. It's ****ing killing us, and while he's a good coach, he clearly has limitations too and one of those is being too hard headed to evaluate himself and make necessary changes. Maybe he's burned out after 7 years and needs a year or 2 to charge the batteries and find that fire he used to have. But there's a reason you don't see freeze mentioned as a serious HC candidate for many jobs except for perhaps a passing mention when listing off names, and that's because he's told his agent to shut that shit down and not float him out there for everything. Sorry, but that's true. Maybe in 2010/2011, I bought the Mullen being a hot commodity and any young successful HC at a non-traditional power is going to get some interest, but here we are in 2016 and just went thru the same shit again for like the 5th straight offseason. He clearly wants out, so let him go if he's going to continue to self-sabotage himself and let the dumpster fire burn down the whole program he's built.

Statecoachingblows**
02-02-2016, 05:43 PM
So I am I understanding this right, unsigned spots this year roll to next year? Or is it only EEs?

woozman
02-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Guess we can be content with a 6-8 win seasons.

The last 2-yrs it has been 9-10 win seasons. Just saying...

BossDawg
02-02-2016, 05:53 PM
were #1 in the country mane!!!!

Don't forget how our depth and elite talent from previous recruiting classes helped throughout that season, especially the last few games when we really, really needed it....

Wait...

War Machine Dawg
02-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Part of preventing a dumpster from burning down the whole damn thing is seeing there's a dumpster and taking steps to put it out. Our recruiting this cycle, the cycle following us being #1 in the damn country for 5 weeks when selling elite recruits on msu should have never been easier, has been an undeniable dumpster fire. It's not 1 recruit picking bama over us, it's that this is just another failure in a string of failures for this recruiting cycle. And if we don't take steps to start correcting things asap we are going to burn the whole thing down back to croom level, because that's the kinda recruits we are signing this year. Beating out the likes of bowling green and Indiana for "studs".

Whoever said that if Mullen seriously considers/interviews for another job should be fired immediately is right. It's ****ing killing us, and while he's a good coach, he clearly has limitations too and one of those is being too hard headed to evaluate himself and make necessary changes. Maybe he's burned out after 7 years and needs a year or 2 to charge the batteries and find that fire he used to have. But there's a reason you don't see freeze mentioned as a serious HC candidate for many jobs except for perhaps a passing mention when listing off names, and that's because he's told his agent to shut that shit down and not float him out there for everything. Sorry, but that's true. Maybe in 2010/2011, I bought the Mullen being a hot commodity and any young successful HC at a non-traditional power is going to get some interest, but here we are in 2016 and just went thru the same shit again for like the 5th straight offseason. He clearly wants out, so let him go if he's going to continue to self-sabotage himself and let the dumpster fire burn down the whole program he's built.

http://i.imgur.com/xHFRtju.gif

mparkerfd20
02-02-2016, 06:20 PM

Best post on this site in like... forever.

Dawgology
02-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Ok, so I'm now getting some PM's that indicate what (or at least what I'm being told) has been going on. I've been asked to leave their names off and I will respect that. I may get destroyed for this but this is the kind of stuff that needs to get out there so that our fans know whats going on and so that we can make a good decision for the university.

1. Saban was the only head coach that visited Lashley at his school
2. Mullen was leaving for Maryland (the figures were real) but he backed off at the last minute in hopes of UGA. That fell through so he tried Miami but got edged out by Richt.
3. This has all been used against us to perfection

Of, that's what I have so far. Unfortunately, I can see #1 happening and I'm only a little surprised by #2. What I want to know is what has changed for Mullen over the past year that makes him want to leave as badly as he, apparently, does. And, if he does, we need to go ahead and pull the plug now so that this doesn't spiral out of control.

I seen it dawg
02-02-2016, 06:37 PM
****ing Christ you muther****ers. Wait until tomorrow then have at it. How ****ing hard is it.