PDA

View Full Version : Why 2 NOA Letters

Reason2succeed
02-02-2016, 11:00 AM
I think that the reason why OM is getting 2 letters and not just one big one is probably because the NCAA had a rule change back near 2012. I'm guessing that the first letter handles all of the old infractions that were before that rule change. The second letter will deal with the newer infractions and even more severe penalties.

The problem for the Bears is that the ongoing nature of their cheating will look like a willful blatant disregard for the NCAA. The NCAA produced new rules with harsher sanctions and released them to every team but the Bears kept doing the same things. It's like running a red light and waving at the cop in the intersection at the same time. I think that very severe penalties are going to be levied against them.

Political Hack
02-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Not exactly, but I suppose that could be a part of it. My understanding based on what I was told is that they were ready to move forward with several allegations after 3 years, but during the course of those investigations more things came to light that deserve additional scrutiny. The 2nd letter allegedly does not contain allegations. It's just notice that the investigation is ongoing and the potential for additional allegations is still there.

DancingRabbit
02-02-2016, 11:27 AM
It's because they don't write letters on these anymore
http://www.ucdclinton.ie/userfiles/image/kerouaccloseup.jpg