PDA

View Full Version : A different angle on Saban....

RougeDawg
02-02-2016, 09:41 AM
A text message got me thinking this morning. I may be way off but it appears that Saban is attempting to damage our efforts more than bolster his. let me explain. The Bama silo is and has been full, yet Nicky seems to be stealing our crop this year only to throw it out on the ground. He would rather put these guys in a cupboard full of players as good as and better than they are, just so we cannot have them. He knows what areas we need to address to beat them. He knows which areas have been the ultimate impacts on us not beating him recently. Bama cannot get much better than they are. We are closing the gap and need a few more pieces to creep right up on their front porch. He's doing his best to prevent us from obtaining what we need to knock him off the top of the mountain. Sucks for these kids that they cannot see what is going on, but maybe a NC riding the pine and barely playing is more important than PT, exposure, and the same, if not better, path to the NFL (due to PT and exposure).

Dawgology
02-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Yes, Yes, Yes. This exactly. It's pretty obvious at this point what he's doing. Now, these are solid kids who will contribute to his team....but probably not for a while. At State they would come in and have, in most instances, an immediate impact. Saban's strategy is solid but it does a disservice to the Mississippi athletes.

rem101
02-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Yes, Yes, Yes. This exactly. It's pretty obvious at this point what he's doing. Now, these are solid kids who will contribute to his team....but probably not for a while. At State they would come in and have, in most instances, an immediate impact. Saban's strategy is solid but it does a disservice to the Mississippi athletes.

No they wouldn't. They would come in and redshirt. Play sparingly on special teams the next year and sparingly on the field sophomore year. Chance to start jr and sr year. Unless they're an absolute stud, Mullen has made it pretty obvious this is the formula he uses. He's said it multiple times.

Homedawg
02-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Saban has one job to do- win. In order to do that he's going to get the BEST players he possibly can get, that HE thinks will allow him to achieve that one and only goal. We just happen to be in the way. Nothing more nothing less.

Homedawg
02-02-2016, 09:53 AM
No they wouldn't. They would come in and redshirt. Play sparingly on special teams the next year and sparingly on the field sophomore year. Chance to start jr and sr year. Unless they're an absolute stud, Mullen has made it pretty obvious this is the formula he uses. He's said it multiple times.

Not this again- you don't want me to name all the fr, rfr and so that played a ton and started in the Mullen regime do you?

pdawg10msu
02-02-2016, 10:10 AM
I believe I read somewhere where we played the 2nd most freshmen in the SEC.

Homedawg
02-02-2016, 10:11 AM
I believe I read somewhere where we played the 2nd most freshmen in the SEC.

Not possible.******

Dawgtini
02-02-2016, 10:18 AM
We played more freshmens and red shirt freshmens than any team in the SEC other than UGA. Quit guzzling the OMU codswallup.

Dawgology
02-02-2016, 10:29 AM

I wish you were right but you are incorrect here. Your key phrase here is "unless they are an absolute stud". You are saying this about 4-star players. At MSU 4 star players (unless he is just vastly overrated) will probably play his first season on campus and will be in the two-deep by his sophomore season...possibly starting depending on the position. In fact, some of these Mississippi athletes would be starters day one. Instead, they will opt to sit in line at Bama and Hopefully start getting good playing time their redshirt junior year..... that is... unless Saban signs a stud during the three years they are waiting for their chance. It's just silly that they keep falling for this over and over and over....

But hey, whatever....good luck to em.

EAVdog
02-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Ogeron has locked down Louisiana and Harbaugh is raiding Alabama's National Croots. So the natural victim becomes Mississippi. And so many of our HS Coaches can't' wait to slob on some Saban anyway so it's pretty easy pickings.

MarketingBully
02-02-2016, 10:50 AM
I really don't understand the Lashley situation. It doesn't make any sense at all. None. I don't care what bullshit their OL coach is feeding him. He won't be playing for a long time at Alabama. He would be an immediate factor his freshman season at MSU. This just doesn't make any sense at all.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Ogeron has locked down Louisiana and Harbaugh is raiding Alabama's National Croots. So the natural victim becomes Mississippi. And so many of our HS Coaches can't' wait to slob on some Saban anyway so it's pretty easy pickings.

The problem is we're the ones that will take the majority of the hit. OM still has a good class even if they miss on these in state kids.

TUSK
02-02-2016, 12:29 PM
I highly doubt he'd hurt his chances at success just because it "could" hurt another program...

With the occasional exception of signing an in-state recruit or a recruit for "relationship" reasons, Saban doesn't care where a kid is from...

I believe he simply wants the best athletes available for his program and, all things being equal, the closer to Tuscaloosa, the better... Mississippi is no more a "victim" now than has ever been the case....

Liverpooldawg
02-02-2016, 12:41 PM

If you are going to troll at least ATTEMPT not to post blatant false information.

mic
02-02-2016, 12:44 PM
I really don't understand the Lashley situation. It doesn't make any sense at all. None. I don't care what bullshit their OL coach is feeding him. He won't be playing for a long time at Alabama. He would be an immediate factor his freshman season at MSU. This just doesn't make any sense at all.

Because we are LAZY...

Political Hack
02-02-2016, 12:51 PM
I highly doubt he'd hurt his chances at success just because it "could" hurt another program...

With the occasional exception of signing an in-state recruit or a recruit for "relationship" reasons, Saban doesn't care where a kid is from...

I believe he simply wants the best athletes available for his program and, all things being equal, the closer to Tuscaloosa, the better... Mississippi is no more a "victim" now than has ever been the case....

Agree for the most part, but I could see him stepping in to stop Freeze or Miles from taking more kids. Foster comes to mind. Win, win is better than just a win.

TUSK
02-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Agree for the most part, but I could see him stepping in to stop Freeze or Miles from taking more kids. Foster comes to mind. Win, win is better than just a win.

sure, if two recruits are "equal", and you can only get one, take the one that would go to a school on your schedule... that's just sensible...

but for someone to suggest that Saban would turn down a "stud" for a lesser player (to do the same) is borderline lunacy...