PDA

View Full Version : Alabama OL recruiting class

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 11:56 PM
Riddle me this one,

Just looking at Alabama's current commits & they have a 5* 98 rated & 4* 95 rated OT already committed & both were early enrollees. Both are top 20 players nationally.

http://247sports.com/player/jonah-williams-58867
http://247sports.com/player/charles-baldwin-79298

I mean, does this make any sense? Does this pass the smell test?

Why would Lashley in any way think that Bama is a great opportunity for him?

Is Alabama really taking another tackle?

I seen it dawg
02-01-2016, 11:56 PM
Because they are ****ing bama. Is it so hard

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 11:58 PM
Because they are ****ing bama. Is it so hard

No, I get that. Just wondering if Bama is really taking another tackle & if this makes any sense.

I get that Bama is Bama but surely there is still some logic left in the recruiting process for the players

msstate7
02-02-2016, 12:01 AM
Bc Saban is telling him that he's just as good and will be in the nfl in 3 years.

PassInterference
02-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Alabama signs nothing but great players, then cuts ones that aren't the elite amongst the elite. They've got better career bench players than nearly every other team can put on the field.

A Mississippi player would be a lot better off staying in-state where they can develop and get enough PT to go pro.

ShotgunDawg
02-02-2016, 12:08 AM
Alabama signs nothing but great players, then cuts ones that aren't the elite amongst the elite. They've got better career bench players than nearly every other team can put on the field.

A Mississippi player would be a lot better off staying in-state where they can develop and get enough PT to go pro.

No doubt

Perhaps the Federal Trade Commission should look into Alabama having a monopoly on winning in college football.

So long as the best team gets the first picks, no one else can win. College football & the SEC cannot grow with this happening.

TUSK
02-02-2016, 12:16 AM
Riddle me this one,

Just looking at Alabama's current commits & they have a 5* 98 rated & 4* 95 rated OT already committed & both were early enrollees. Both are top 20 players nationally.

http://247sports.com/player/jonah-williams-58867
http://247sports.com/player/charles-baldwin-79298

I mean, does this make any sense? Does this pass the smell test?

Why would Lashley in any way think that Bama is a great opportunity for him?

Is Alabama really taking another tackle?

Baldwin is a Juco "stop gap" kid for RT if I'm not mistaken and the hope is he'll be "plug n play"....

and Bama is "thin" at OT, pardon the paradoxical pun....

mic
02-02-2016, 12:17 AM
That's how you win championships.. You have back up lineman that are big time talent..
If you watched the championship game.. As good as the starting front 4 on defense that Bama had , the next group played just as good if not better that game...

If Lashley is serious and really wants to go there , they will make room for him....

And it wouldn't be shocking to know or find out that Bama out recruited and worked us on Scott...

archdog
02-02-2016, 12:18 AM

Not to mention the secret Grey Shirts Saban uses if he gets a bigger fish in after you commit. Some of the stories are just sad. 4* guys having to pay their way and not practice with the team for a year. All the time during recruiting they are promised the world, that is until you sign.

TUSK
02-02-2016, 12:26 AM
Not to mention the secret Grey Shirts Saban uses if he gets a bigger fish in after you commit. Some of the stories are just sad. 4* guys having to pay their way and not practice with the team for a year. All the time during recruiting they are promised the world, that is until you sign.

Grey Shirting is a "secret"? I think lots of programs employ the tactic, no?

An I doubt Saban "promises the world"... he doesn't have to...

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-02-2016, 12:52 AM
I pulled for Alabama to win the NC in hopes that Saban would be satisfied and head to the beach. I won't do that again.

Dawgology
02-02-2016, 08:31 AM
No doubt

Perhaps the Federal Trade Commission should look into Alabama having a monopoly on winning in college football.

So long as the best team gets the first picks, no one else can win. College football & the SEC cannot grow with this happening.

And everyone laughs. Mark my words, the continued, unabated success of a couple of football programs will end up killing college football as we know it. The NFL saw this early on and enacted policy to create parity within the league. The only way to combat this is to cheat (i.e. UNM) and then the NCAA knocks down your walls.

It's great for Bama fans, they are super excited. I know several of them that are laughing it up this morning about basically all of our in-state guys going there and every one of them are just excited that we aren't getting them. It's legal and a good strategy but what Saban is doing is unethical.

This was the first season in a long time that I didn't even watch the Championship game or the SEC Champ game. I just didn't care....it's always Bama. Wash, rinse, repeat. Boring for everyone else but bama fans.