PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
08-10-2013, 08:56 AM
They're rolling boys. 14 straight wins, 15.5 game lead, and beachy went off last night. Beachy pitching well is huge bc we really need an ace for the playoffs. Magic number is 41...

Political Hack
08-10-2013, 09:19 AM
what's the waffles reference about? heard it on SC this am.

msstate7
08-10-2013, 09:22 AM
The night they opened a Waffle House in turner field is when the winning streak began. Someone please open a Waffle House at Scott field

K9 Avenger
08-10-2013, 09:29 AM
If Beachy can continue pitching like that then this rotation is really beginning to solidify. Minor and Teheran have been great and Wood was really good his last time out...Can't wait to see how he looks tonight. If starting pitching gets settled by playoff time, this could be the year....all other pieces seem to be in place.

War Machine Dawg
08-10-2013, 12:08 PM
I'd say we already have an ace in Minor. The dude has been absolutely nasty ever since the second half of last season.

Let's also not forget we'll get Maholm back eventually, allowing Wood to move back to the 'pen and help fill a middle/long relief role.

We won't keep playing like this, but it certainly has to make you feel better about the streakiness of our offense. And I personally can't wait to get Schafer back. He should steal some starts from BJ in CF, which is definitely a good thing. But I also want to see more of the Gattis-Heyward-J Upton OF, too. That's been a solid combo for us.

smootness
08-10-2013, 12:12 PM
They're rolling boys. 14 straight wins, 15.5 game lead, and beachy went off last night. Beachy pitching well is huge bc we really need an ace for the playoffs. Magic number is 41...

Magic number is actually 32, which, with 46 games to play, is amazing.

msstate7
08-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Magic number is actually 32, which, with 46 games to play, is amazing.

Wow I was off bad. Thanks for correcting me

War Machine Dawg
08-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Wayyyy too soon to be talking about the magic number. Sure, we've got the huge lead, but crazier things have happened than a 2-month meltdown.

smootness
08-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Wayyyy too soon to be talking about the magic number. Sure, we've got the huge lead, but crazier things have happened than a 2-month meltdown.

I think it's ok at this point. A magic number 14 less than your number of games left early in August is nuts. If the Nats somehow went nuts and finished 37-10, the Braves could still win less than 50% of their games and win the division.

msstate7
08-10-2013, 01:21 PM
I think it's ok at this point. A magic number 14 less than your number of games left early in August is nuts. If the Nats somehow went nuts and finished 37-10, the Braves could still win less than 50% of their games and win the division.

I'm very pessimistic usually, but I have no concerns whatsoever about winning the east. The only question to me in the east is who finishes 2nd. I personally think it will be the mets. I just hope we continue to play well so hopefully we can get home field advantage. We're the best at home in mlb.

I seen it dawg
08-10-2013, 07:05 PM

I'm a Red Sox guy and I know of what you speak.