PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Balls for AJ Brown

HSVDawg
02-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Since the 247 crystal ball predictions seem to be the metric of choice around here for any given prospect's current recruitment status, I thought I would bring this up. Despite all the negativity and pessimism surrounding AJ Brown, we are still the leader in the clubhouse for him according to the all-knowing crystal balls. Granted, our percentage chance has dropped down to 50% over the past week or so, but what is especially interesting is the school where everybody thinks he's headed (Bama) is currently puling up the rear with only 14% predictions. Meanwhile, OM has gone from 0% up to 36%. So, what gives? Are these analysts just way out of the loop? Are they overthinking the Starkville connection? Or, are we actually still in the game with him?

Full disclosure....I've heard from more than one person who would know (along with numerous others on this board) that Bama has made a very strong push and is the overwhelming favorite for his signature. But if there is other (more positive) information out there, I would certainly love to hear it.

Covercorner2
02-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Ole Miss thinks he is in and saying State folks are homers for believing if it's not State, it's Bama. I don't know what to make of it, but that's the word.

RC3
02-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Yep. Been saying it since Friday.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 07:10 PM
AJ Brown going to Ole Miss is unacceptable. If that happens....

starkvegasdawg
02-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Bet his mom would get some interesting looks at work.

msstate7
02-01-2016, 07:12 PM

Thought you wanted him to stay in state?

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 07:17 PM

I do and he should be at MSU.

bulldawg28
02-01-2016, 07:21 PM

Lol...I laughed hard on this one!!! Great job sir!!

SDDawg
02-01-2016, 07:25 PM

I laughed too. If I'm AJ and I leave town, I'd go Bama. Not enough upside and opportunity to leave for Ole Miss, and frankly with NCAA sanctions on the horizons it wouldn't make sense. There is only one reason in the world to go to Ole Miss and I'd like to think that AJ and his family will make a better decision for them than that. Hope is a dangerous thing, but I'm still holding on to it...

HSVDawg
02-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Yep. Been saying it since Friday.

First off, Ole Miss thinks they are getting everyone and that has been proven wrong already today. I put zero stock into what their guys are saying. The weird thing is that most of the Bama insiders think he stays in MS, and all the MSU insiders think he is Bama bound. Most of the neutral guys are picking us. So, who actually knows what is going on? Does anyone?

I seen it dawg
02-01-2016, 07:34 PM
AJ to State

Political Hack
02-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Simmah' down! Lol. If he goes to Bama, he goes to Bama. Playing football for Alabama may sound horrible to most of us here, but most people would consider that a pretty good option. We're fortunate to be in it with this guy and if he chooses State, we should be very thankful that he wants to be a part of helping build a program in his home town. If he chooses to play for Bama, we should wish him luck and make his momma promise to give us all the inside scoop on Bama (mostly so we can make fun of Tusk when something bad happens).

DLGDawg
02-01-2016, 07:38 PM
I response to I seen it.

Oh snap. I like it

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 07:38 PM
AJ to State

I'm afraid you may be jumping the shark now.

I really want to believe in you. Your credibility is vital to this board

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 07:39 PM
First off, Ole Miss thinks they are getting everyone and that has been proven wrong already today. I put zero stock into what their guys are saying. The weird thing is that most of the Bama insiders think he stays in MS, and all the MSU insiders think he is Bama bound. Most of the neutral guys are picking us. So, who actually knows what is going on? Does anyone?

Agree. Their writers have already lost credibility with the guys they obviously aren't getting but feel good about.

Dawgtini
02-01-2016, 07:39 PM
AJ to State
I seen it is laying the BOOM tonight.

Dawg Tired
02-01-2016, 07:40 PM
AJ to State
Damn. You are on a roll. I love it.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 07:44 PM
If we actually landed all if the Golden Triangle 4, we'd have melted for a month for no reason. Haha

I can only hope

Dallas_Dawg
02-01-2016, 07:48 PM
AJ to State

God damn it, I hope the run continues. AJ is the one I want the most. I think he is AJ Green, Brandon Marshall kinda good

msstate7
02-01-2016, 07:49 PM
If we actually landed all if the Golden Triangle 4, we'd have melted for a month for no reason. Haha

I can only hope

Unfortunately, I think the pre-melt has been justified

SDDawg
02-01-2016, 07:49 PM

I can only hope

I will kick my own ass, Fight Club style, if that happens.

Liverpooldawg
02-01-2016, 07:50 PM

Really now? So, what are you going to do if it happens?

BeardoMSU
02-01-2016, 07:51 PM
we'd have melted for a month for no reason.

Oh, you mean like this?

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-08-2015/VrTCYu.gif

Damn, right. It's been pretty miserable the past couple weeks. Doom. And. Gloom.

LC Dawg
02-01-2016, 07:52 PM
AJ to State
This is all that matters.

OdaMaeBrown
02-01-2016, 07:53 PM

But you could not pay me enough to go to college in a town where my family lived. No way in hell. I completely understand if a guy wants to get out of his hometown. It would be completely different if his parents lived just 30 miles away. Can you imagine as a college kid if every time you did something, everybody and their momma would be calling your parents on you?

Liverpooldawg
02-01-2016, 07:56 PM
But you could not pay me enough to go to college in a town where my family lived. No way in hell. I completely understand if a guy wants to get out of his hometown. It would be completely different if his parents lived just 30 miles away. Can you imagine as a college kid if every time you did something, everybody and their momma would be calling your parents on you?

Interesting

Covercorner2
02-01-2016, 07:57 PM

Troll

msstate7
02-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Or he could be an absolute legend in his hometown

OdaMaeBrown
02-01-2016, 08:03 PM
I just wouldn't have wanted to have my parents nearby when i ended up at Walmart at 3am buying lunchables.

klong-dog
02-01-2016, 08:06 PM
If you sons n bishes get my hopes BACK up, only for another fn heart break, I'll do something bad, very bad, I'll just take up figure skating..

Churchill
02-01-2016, 08:08 PM
"But you could not pay me enough to go to college in a town where my family lived."

Don`t look now but I`m afraid it`s become pretty obvious that we don`t pay a lot of people enough to come to our college. LOL

TUSK
02-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Since the 247 crystal ball predictions seem to be the metric of choice around here for any given prospect's current recruitment status, I thought I would bring this up. Despite all the negativity and pessimism surrounding AJ Brown, we are still the leader in the clubhouse for him according to the all-knowing crystal balls. Granted, our percentage chance has dropped down to 50% over the past week or so, but what is especially interesting is the school where everybody thinks he's headed (Bama) is currently puling up the rear with only 14% predictions. Meanwhile, OM has gone from 0% up to 36%. So, what gives? Are these analysts just way out of the loop? Are they overthinking the Starkville connection? Or, are we actually still in the game with him?

Full disclosure....I've heard from more than one person who would know (along with numerous others on this board) that Bama has made a very strong push and is the overwhelming favorite for his signature. But if there is other (more positive) information out there, I would certainly love to hear it.

We talkin' 'bout Crystal Balls????

Mane, that's so 2011, 2012....

Jack Lambert
02-01-2016, 08:18 PM
He just left Ole Miss Visit and not a word out of him.

gravedigger
02-01-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm afraid you may be jumping the shark now.

I really want to believe in you. Your credibility is vital to this board

Jumping the shark isnt the right metaphor.

Unless you think he's completely wrong and should have not posted it.

TUSK
02-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Simmah' down! Lol. If he goes to Bama, he goes to Bama. Playing football for Alabama may sound horrible to most of us here, but most people would consider that a pretty good option. We're fortunate to be in it with this guy and if he chooses State, we should be very thankful that he wants to be a part of helping build a program in his home town. If he chooses to play for Bama, we should wish him luck and make his momma promise to give us all the inside scoop on Bama (mostly so we can make fun of Tusk when something bad happens).

you are an "Opposingfanist".

Reparations, please...

Jack Lambert
02-01-2016, 08:52 PM

People do it all the time. If I had a chance to do it again I would have schedule my classes on Tuesday and Thursday and commuted. I would have saved 1000's of dollars. If I wanted to party it would have been after I graduated.

LC Dawg
02-01-2016, 08:58 PM

You couldn't play for Ole Miss because they move momma to Oxford.

Shooter McGavin
02-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Unfortunately, I think the pre-melt has been justified

msstate7, brother you are exhausting You're up. You're down. You're confident then the sky is falling. And that's just since 5pm this afternoon. I wish I had kept count of how many times you've flipped from one extreme to the other. (just giving you a hard time bud. all in good fun.)

Our recruiting gurus have been consistent through out so that give me hope. If I seen it is correct I will drive the getaway car while you loot downtown Starkville.

msstate7
02-01-2016, 09:25 PM
msstate7, brother you are exhausting You're up. You're down. You're confident then the sky is falling. And that's just since 5pm this afternoon. I wish I had kept count of how many times you've flipped from one extreme to the other. (just giving you a hard time bud. all in good fun.)

Our recruiting gurus have been consistent through out so that give me hope. If I seen it is correct I will drive the getaway car while you loot downtown Starkville.

I really haven't been "up" in a while. I'm definitely down now, but hey, Cruz is winning Iowa so there's that

Homedawg
02-01-2016, 09:37 PM

How old are you? 12?

Schultzy
02-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Listened carefully to UM insider Johnson on OOB when Bo asked him ab AJ - he did the classic front load Coaching staff feels confident stuff but then at the end hedged majorly. If you listen closely to these guys I think you can get a feel for when they are toting the party line and being good soldiers.

Even Robertson hedged his bets on AJ in his podcast today and Bama sites are unsure.

I'm guessing we keep him here and if we keep Simmons too the whole recruiting mo among fan bases flips in state.

Then we can sit back and enjoy watching their NCAA crisis unfold over the next several months.

archdog
02-02-2016, 12:25 AM
AJ to State

Done deal. I am going to count this as the clincher crystal ball.