PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Kids Need to Listen To Fletcher Cox

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 06:28 PM
There is nothing I despise more than in-state sell-outs.

Your not cool for going out of state. Your a sell-out that probably couldn't cut it. I am so sick & tired of MSU fans & others Mississippi justifying players leaving when everything they need to reach their goals & dreams is in Mississippi.

Some of these kids are more worried about their reputation & getting publicity than they are about doing what's in the best interest of their life & football career.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaKYI2mVIAAdkAs.jpg

Todd4State
02-01-2016, 06:31 PM
Well said Fletcher. And we need more like him.

MSUDeltadawg1971
02-01-2016, 06:32 PM
There will be another one we were after that needs to listen to this.

msstate7
02-01-2016, 06:33 PM
It's amazing to me that fletcher is keeping up with our recruiting. Want as much fletcher as I can get around our program

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 06:33 PM
There will be another one we were after that needs to listen to this.

No doubt. It's not cool. Your selling out your home state & the people that helped you get to where you are now when you make this stupid decision.

"Hey thanks guys for developing me, but I'm going to give you the middle finger because I'm better than you."

It's a trashy, complete sell-out move. Have some balls & play for your home state. Like Fletcher, you'll absolutely never regret it.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Chris Rainey agrees with Fletcher.

Chris Rainey ‏@c_rainey14 43m43 minutes ago
@fcoxx_91 I agree big bro. F. MILLEN from Starkville was a A. Cooper and a H. Jones combined but not even mentioned as 1 of the best. Lost

Freddie Millons is one the best athletes to come out of Mississippi & now he's probably stocking shelves at Wal-Greens

If he played at MSU, he'd probably own the town & be adored by all. It is such a stupid decision to leave the State.

blacklistedbully
02-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Personally, I think it is unwise, at best to spout off about this on a MB. How does this look to an out-of-state recruit considering us?

Stewart Reese, the stud O-lineman who committed to us today, should he decommit and go to a Florida school? What about the 5 other commits in our class this year?

Should Dak Prescott have accepted his offer to LSU?

Just remember, that knife cuts both ways.

msstate7
02-01-2016, 06:48 PM
Personally, I think it is unwise, at best to spout off about this on a MB. How does this look to an out-of-state recruit considering us?

Stewart Reese, the stud O-lineman who committed to us today, should he decommit and go to a Florida school? What about the 5 other commits in our class this year?

We only talking 'bout 'sip pride**

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 06:48 PM

I respectfully disagree

maroonmania
02-01-2016, 06:49 PM

Not the same thing at all. Dak was an afterthought to LSU where it was even questionable if they would let him play QB and he doesn't fit their pro style offense at all. Heck, the other day somebody was actually trying to compare Travis Daniels because he was from Tuscaloosa when he was never even close to an offer from Bama. If we had just offered AJ last week I wouldn't expect him to give us the time of day if he was already committed to another SEC school. I guess Titus Brown was an Alabama traitor as well (even though Bama didn't want him).

DancingRabbit
02-01-2016, 06:51 PM
I agree with blacklistedbully. This does cut both ways. Shotgun, would you please tone down the rhetoric until after NSD?

shrimp
02-01-2016, 06:51 PM
No doubt. It's not cool. Your selling out your home state & the people that helped you get to where you are now when you make this stupid decision.

"Hey thanks guys for developing me, but I'm going to give you the middle finger because I'm better than you."

It's a trashy, complete sell-out move. Have some balls & play for your home state. Like Fletcher, you'll absolutely never regret it.

Dude, you need to go check yourself in at Whitfield. To call an 18 year old trashy and a sell out because they cross a state line to go to college is straight psychopathic. I wish all of the studs in Mississippi would stay in state, but I don't consider them trash if they choose to leave...free country, free will and all. Do you consider all of the studs we've gotten from Louisiana, Alabama, and Georgia trashy sell outs for leaving their home states for college?

jimbo352
02-01-2016, 07:22 PM

Well said...

Should I have not taken a job in Texas because Mississippi raised me? Jesus... I'm all for kids staying in state, but it's their life, and they get to live it.

RougeDawg
02-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Comparing a state with a very large population to Mississippi is pointless. Florida has over 6 times the population as Mississippi. Mississippi gets poached by every other southeast United States program and other national powers throughout the nation. We do not have the same amount of talent to support our universities whole still having some players go out of state. I swear some on here lack perspective. When an in state talent goes elsewhere it has a larger impact on us than it does to other states.

TaleofTwoDogs
02-01-2016, 07:28 PM

Possibly the worst post I've ever seen on ED. Shotgun, you need to step away from the keyboard until Thursday morning.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Possibly the worst post I've ever seen on ED. Shotgun, you need to step away from the keyboard until Thursday morning.

Maybe, but Im tired of our fan base being a bunch of nice, down to Earth people. Being nice gets you nowhere in this conference. I'm sure LSU fans think the world of some of the Louisiana kids that go to Bama.

Perhaps we should ask them their opinion on Landon Collins.

Dawgtini
02-01-2016, 07:50 PM
I agree with blacklistedbully. This does cut both ways. Shotgun, would you please tone down the rhetoric until after NSD?
He needs a Lithium enema.

yjnkdawg
02-01-2016, 07:50 PM
If he played at MSU, he'd probably own the town & be adored by all. It is such a stupid decision to leave the State.

I agree with the first sentence, and wish we got all the recruits we wanted. Now. the second sentence. I don't agree wth you. In your opinion, you think it is a stupid decision, but it is the kid's decision where he wants to go to school and play football. If he makes the wrong decision then he will be the one to deal and live with that. It's his life and not what some message board poster wants him to do. Some of these posts on here sound more like what would be posted on an OM board. Wish some people would chill out a little.

Liverpooldawg
02-01-2016, 07:54 PM

PLEASE.

OdaMaeBrown
02-01-2016, 07:59 PM
You have always been somewhat of an idiot, but you are crossing the line. These kids don't owe the State of Mississippi, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Delta State, Southern or any other school in MS jack shit. Hell, this state has one of the worst education systems in the country. They should probably be giving the state the big middle finger for the crappy education they get from most of the public schools.

Again, you have gone full douchebag and need to stop now.

dickiedawg
02-01-2016, 08:00 PM
Yeah we badly need to hold on to Reese and if his home state school comes calling I surely don't want him to flip.

blacklistedbully
02-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Comparing a state with a very large population to Mississippi is pointless. Florida has over 6 times the population as Mississippi. Mississippi gets poached by every other southeast United States program and other national powers throughout the nation. We do not have the same amount of talent to support our universities whole still having some players go out of state. I swear some on here lack perspective. When an in state talent goes elsewhere it has a larger impact on us than it does to other states.

Of course it does, but what's that got to do with a kid's right to go elsewhere? BTW, Florida also has UF, FSU , Miami (not to mention USF & UCF) and gets poached by out-of-state schools a lot more than Mississippi does.

blacklistedbully
02-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Not the same thing at all. Dak was an afterthought to LSU where it was even questionable if they would let him play QB and he doesn't fit their pro style offense at all. Heck, the other day somebody was actually trying to compare Travis Daniels because he was from Tuscaloosa when he was never even close to an offer from Bama. If we had just offered AJ last week I wouldn't expect him to give us the time of day if he was already committed to another SEC school. I guess Titus Brown was an Alabama traitor as well (even though Bama didn't want him).

What about the other kids? Dak isn't the only example.

blacklistedbully
02-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Oh, and while I agree that for most of these kids, it's a mistake, as they are more likely to languish on the bench as Bama, I don't think it's a, "sell-out" situation or something worthy of spite in most cases.

It's hard to argue against the success Saban has had at Bama. He's the best coach in the game, with perhaps the best staff in the game. Kids going there are going to be well-coached, no doubt. These kids rarely believe they are gonna be the ones riding the pine 3 or 4 years or getting processed.

It is up to our staff to convince them they have a better opportunity at State. Not the kids fault if our staff fails to do that.

War Machine Dawg
02-01-2016, 08:24 PM

You get it. And to further add on to that, most players coming out of MS, especially at CB, WR, and QB are raw and need to be developed. The big programs like Bama don't have time for that and don't want to do that at those positions. If you can't play early, you're going to get buried. Then processed via medical if you play for Saban.

But hey, keep talking about what a great decision it is for these kids to keep going out of state when the empirical data overwhelmingly shows the vast majority will wind up never making any serious contribution. While you're at it, allow me to sell you some land in Brooklyn I own.

blacklistedbully
02-01-2016, 08:35 PM
You get it. And to further add on to that, most players coming out of MS, especially at CB, WR, and QB are raw and need to be developed. The big programs like Bama don't have time for that and don't want to do that at those positions. If you can't play early, you're going to get buried. Then processed via medical if you play for Saban.

But hey, keep talking about what a great decision it is for these kids to keep going out of state when the empirical data overwhelmingly shows the vast majority will wind up never making any serious contribution. While you're at it, allow me to sell you some land in Brooklyn I own.

Who is saying it's a, "good idea for them to go out-of-state"? I've said it's probably a mistake, but it's certainly not worthy of despise, etc, such as Shotgun is suggesting.

That said, do you think Derrick Henry regrets going to Bama instead of a Florida school? Do you think he would have done just as well at UF or Miami? Granted, the odds of a Ms kid going to Bama and becoming a star like that are slim, but let's not pretend they aren't a viable option for MS kids.

TUSK
02-01-2016, 08:36 PM
wow. just "wow"...

there's a whole lotta ignorance and wrong in this thread...

jimbo352
02-01-2016, 09:39 PM

Wrong IMO... The data suggest that the vast majority of ALL HS players will not make a serious contribution a the next level... If you're not good enough to even sniff the field at Bama, you're not gonna be a star/hero here, so what does it matter if they leave and disappear...? Dak for example, was good enough to be a 3 year starter at LSU, so he ended up being a freaking hero for us(probably would have won a NC for LSU with the talent they had there, lol at them)...

We should be REALLY concerned if a player who's not good enough to even sniff the field at Bama, is a major player for us... Like extremely concerned...

My suggestion is to not worry about what 17-18 year old kids do with THEIR lives...

Todd4State
02-01-2016, 10:27 PM
The difference is most of our out of state guys don't have in state offers. Josh Robinson. Bear. Among others.

We HAVE to keep our in state talent and get it to MSU.

TaleofTwoDogs
02-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Maybe, but Im tired of our fan base being a bunch of nice, down to Earth people. Being nice gets you nowhere in this conference. I'm sure LSU fans think the world of some of the Louisiana kids that go to Bama.

Perhaps we should ask them their opinion on Landon Collins.

Agreed, for the most part State grads and fans are down to earth, nice people. GP is full of these people and probably here on ED and SPS there are many. In fact, most of the people in the state are down to earth, nice people. You can't change what is ingrained in the southern style of living. You probably knew this before you set foot on campus as a freshman. I know it is frustrating as hell to see everyone in the West pass State in recruiting, especially the idiots up north but until we find that right combination of football coaches that can close the deal on elite players then we will stay frustrated.

archdog
02-02-2016, 12:27 AM
It's amazing to me that fletcher is keeping up with our recruiting. Want as much fletcher as I can get around our program

Fletcher is about to sign the largest guaranteed contract in the history of the NFL too. MSU player.....let that sink in. It would be him then Eli.

archdog
02-02-2016, 01:50 AM
Chris Rainey agrees with Fletcher.

Chris Rainey ‏@c_rainey14 43m43 minutes ago
@fcoxx_91 I agree big bro. F. MILLEN from Starkville was a A. Cooper and a H. Jones combined but not even mentioned as 1 of the best. Lost

Freddie Millons is one the best athletes to come out of Mississippi & now he's probably stocking shelves at Wal-Greens

Julio begins with a J, Rainey

AROB44
02-02-2016, 06:51 AM
This stuff is better than any Jerry Seinfeld episode. Hilarious how people freak out over which school a high school football player chooses. Plus, it seems many are ready to fire an entire coaching staff, AD, and who knows who else over this stuff. Some people have a real sad life. Let's get on with other things....isn't it time to start talking about firing Cohen?

Dawgology
02-02-2016, 08:17 AM
This stuff is better than any Jerry Seinfeld episode. Hilarious how people freak out over which school a high school football player chooses. Plus, it seems many are ready to fire an entire coaching staff, AD, and who knows who else over this stuff. Some people have a real sad life. Let's get on with other things....isn't it time to start talking about firing Cohen?

It's soooooo stupid to get on a Mississippi State athletics forum and worry about Mississippi State sports!!!******** We should talk about other things that are not about mississippi state sports here, right???

**** man, really? It's one day before NSD and you are surprised people are concerned about where recruits are signing? I don't know...it's just the future of the football program. How about you go check out another website until after NSD because this is pretty much the extent of the conversation until tomorrow afternoon.