PDA

View Full Version : OL recruiting

cheewgumm
02-01-2016, 12:18 PM
I'm of the opinion that year in and year out OL is what you have to recruit the best to win on te SEC.

If we finish with the OL guys we think we're getting I will be extremely happ about that.

Mullen should focus on OL and QB.

msstate7
02-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Gotta have dline and db's too though.

Taog Redloh
02-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Can't agree more. I've always been an advocate of signing 5 OL every year. Mullen runs a run-based spread, which is pretty much perfect for the typical players our regions produces, so damnit let's run a run-based spread.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Can't agree more. I've always been an advocate of signing 5 OL every year. Mullen runs a run-based spread, which is pretty much perfect for the typical players our regions produces, so damnit let's run a run-based spread.

Amen.

Taog Redloh
02-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Gotta have dline and db's too though.
We'll always have these. State of MS produces an abundance of defensive athletes. Main thing we need to do there is have a decent DC on staff.

msstate7
02-01-2016, 12:27 PM
We'll always have these. State of MS produces an abundance of defensive athletes. Main thing we need to do there is have a decent DC on staff.

We need a few game changers though which is why losing knott and Simmons will burn if they don't sign

Ifyouonlyknew
02-01-2016, 12:28 PM
We need a few game changers though which is why losing knott and Simmons will burn if they don't sign

That's true but not isn't a day 1 game changer. Jeffery is no doubt.

BB30
02-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Yea, the O-line crop is looking good if we can finish with the guys we are supposed too. We just cannot seem to put it all together in the same year. Even though this is a small class there are obviously a few difference makers that we need to land on the defensive side of the ball. You would think with a smaller class we would have had more time to make stronger connections with those guys especially the guys in our state and backyard. Hopefully we have a few signing day surprises and can build some momentum for a full class next year.

Jack Lambert
02-01-2016, 01:38 PM
I bet 100k VCash ole miss has to sign a Juco QB or take a transfer QB next year.

Taog Redloh
02-01-2016, 01:47 PM
I bet 100k VCash ole miss has to sign a Juco QB or take a transfer QB next year.
Injuries, or you think Patterson is gonna pull a Robert Lane?

msstate7
02-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Injuries, or you think Patterson is gonna pull a Robert Lane?

I went through the list of 5* qb's back to '07 before... The success rate was around 47%

Jack Lambert
02-01-2016, 01:57 PM
I went through the list of 5* qb's back to '07 before... The success rate was around 47%

This and to add he is signing with Ole Miss. When is the last time they signed a full time Starter at QB out of High school? They do not developed QB's. They had two four stars on the roster last year and had to sign Kelly.

I would not be surprise if Patterson transfers in the future to LA Tech.

HoopsDawg
02-01-2016, 02:24 PM

I haven't done the research, but the best success rate for 4 and 5 star talent has to be at corner. You can measure the traits necessary that translate to success.